Assassin's Creed III DLC Features Evil George Washington

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I can't even make this up.

Basically, it adds a new arc in which George Washington becomes king, and is evil.

That's all I feel I need to say about this.

Look at the picture. Look at it. LOOK AT IIIIIIIIT.

OT: Should more "serious" games include ludicrous ideas, be it DLC or otherwise? I'd normally say no, but this DLC does sound positively incredible.

First day preorder, goty, wins every award.
This is amazing.

hazabaza1:
First day preorder, goty, wins every award.
This is amazing.

Ubisoft, you're taking many, many steps in the direction of making me forgive you.

I wonder how long it will take for some super pro-MERICA person will be like "this is insulting to the founding fathers".

But the DLC sounds cool, and lulzy.

Well he is a Templar in the Ass Creed history isn't he, so it makes sense too. Looking forward to this.

Should all serious games have ridiculous "what if" mini-sequels that add a sense of humor to a mostly straight-laced game? Well, I won't say yes, but I also won't say Undead Nightmare didn't make RDR the best game of 2010, either.

Kind of funny considering how much Washington despised the crown. I wonder if it's an evil doppelganger and you get to fist fight him as the real Washington. I'd buy it.

Fappy:
Kind of funny considering how much Washington despised the crown. I wonder if it's an evil doppelganger and you get to fist fight him as the real Washington. I'd buy it.

I think it's alternate history. So there's not likely to be any Washington-on-Washington fights of the ages.

That said, if they did, it would be on par with Batman teaming up with Abraham Lincoln to fight robo-Booth.

Why doesn't this doppelganger have a mustache to twirl?

OK, that's my only complaint. This is great, otherwise. Alternate history stuff is always fun.

lacktheknack:

Fappy:

I think it's alternate history. So there's not likely to be any Washington-on-Washington fights of the ages.

That said, if they did, it would be on par with Batman teaming up with Abraham Lincoln to fight robo-Booth.

My personal favorite is when giant Lincoln fought giant Washington in Dexter's Lab. No clip online that I could find :(

Sounds like a winner to me.

I mean, in a more fair world, the DLC's idea would actually be reality.

This is the first and only piece of news about this game to have caught my interest. I love alternate history, it's fantastic. I also genuinely don't understand why there aren't more games that delve into it.

You hear that rumble and scream in the distance?

That's Fox News smelling blood in the water.

Prepare yourself; this is gonna get ugly when the news outlets pick it up.

GunsmithKitten:

Consider yourself tracked so I can laugh when this doesn't happen.

That's a pretty realistic alternate timeline; all you have to do is flip the "George Washington hated monarchies" variable. I'm sure there were plenty of the hero-worshiping types who wanted to set him up as the King of America after the revolution.

Would that mean history would have less presidential elections and more assassinations and usurping?
Food for thought: imagine Taft trying to take the throne from His Highness, King Roosevelt.

This is awesome. I actually really like this idea and can now start to put some belief in them when they say the game isn't just all MERICA **** YEAH!!!!!

lacktheknack:
I can't even make this up.

Basically, it adds a new arc in which George Washington becomes king, and is evil.

That's all I feel I need to say about this.

Look at the picture. Look at it. LOOK AT IIIIIIIIT.

OT: Should more "serious" games include ludicrous ideas, be it DLC or otherwise? I'd normally say no, but this DLC does sound positively incredible.

LOL I actually called (and hoped) for this. A look at the founding father nobody ever knew. I had initially expected that George would use a Piece of Eden to defeat the Redcoats and brainwash his soldiers, and was disappointed when that was not the case. Now it looks like it may be.

As my friend said, "I want an evil Goerge in the multiplayer who uses an axe as his weapon, so that I can shout Must...CHOP...WOOOOOOD!"

This just made my day.

I can see it now: George Washington rising from his gilded throne, wearing his magnificent robes, glaring down at Connor while delivering a dark, cuss-filled* lecture to him, before eventually dueling Connor and being defeated in the most epic way possible.

*In real life, Washington did in fact cuss. A LOT. True story.

This DLC is like a spin-off, right? Like RDR: Undead Nightmare? I wouldn't like it if it was canon.

Isn't Washington already a bad guy in Assassin's Creed? I thought he was a Templar.

I want this to be part of the actual story. They're messing with history already, I'm sure they could find some way to make it not deviate TOO much because of it.

Adam Jensen:
This DLC is like a spin-off, right? Like RDR: Undead Nightmare? I wouldn't like it if it was canon.

Yeah, it's non-canonical.

Even Ubisoft has standards. :P

Nieroshai:

GunsmithKitten:

Challenge accepted. You forgot already about Mass Effect, haven't ya?

This looks amazing. I do, however, have one reservation; will these be story missions, like the DLC in ACII, so you'll be locked out of them if you've passed them in the story? Or will this be an entirely separate thing? I really hope it's the latter, that'd make me much more inclined to get it.

GunsmithKitten:

Nieroshai:

GunsmithKitten:

Sex /= parody.

When it's blatant, Fox doesn't care.

Ahhh... Ubisoft is doing good things... This makes me a happy person. I've always loved Ubisoft games but hated how they treat PC, but I gotta admit that they're winning me back..

Evil George Washington?

JOY

lacktheknack:

GunsmithKitten:

Nieroshai:

Sex /= parody.

When it's blatant, Fox doesn't care.

However, when the subject has something to do with patriotism, they will care.

This is Fox News, remember, the dolts who said the American Olympic team were anti-American because their outfits didn't bear enough red white and blue and there weren't enough "USA USA" chants.

Sweet holy feth.

MUST. HAVE.

He looks like the most badass monarch ever, complete with shadowy masked DOOMGUARDS! I love alternate history so I am getting this!

Also I hope they change the Stars and Stripes to that extremely cool Crown and Stripes flag a Royalist America gets in Empire TW.

lacktheknack:

Adam Jensen:

Yeah, it's non-canonical.

Even Ubisoft has standards. :P

If anything this would just make more sense in the Ass' creed world.

OT: I read about this a couple of hours ago and it still puts a smile on my face.

lacktheknack:

Ya know, you could at least acknowledge who gave you that. By that I mean I'm putting a tax on it. Nickel per use fuckers!

OT: Loving the doom guards behind him. This actually rekindles my interest in the game. Just wish they weren't advertising DLC.

Baron_Rouge:
This looks amazing. I do, however, have one reservation; will these be story missions, like the DLC in ACII, so you'll be locked out of them if you've passed them in the story? Or will this be an entirely separate thing? I really hope it's the latter, that'd make me much more inclined to get it.

It's an alternate history expansion, it's non-canon with the rest of the game, so I'm going to guess that it's completely separate.

OT: Ok people? Are you happy now? Ubisoft is blatantly swinging around the anti-America flag now, can we stop about it now?

THERE now will you angry Brits please be quiet?

erttheking:

Baron_Rouge:

It's an alternate history expansion, it's non-canon with the rest of the game, so I'm going to guess that it's completely separate.

OT: Ok people? Are you happy now? Ubisoft is blatantly swinging around the anti-America flag now, can we stop about it now?

OK, Awesome :) I've already got the game pre-ordered, now I can see no reason not to get this as well.

This, people, is how you do DLC. This and Undead Nightmare. People want a new experience that's worth putting their money down for, not a couple of new map packs.

That's a pretty sweet picture.
Sure, I'll get the season pass, as long as it comes with, well, a bit more than just this non-canonical mission.
It's $30 after all.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked