Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

So I was playing through Deus Ex: Human Revolution recently and...

So, has anyone else played a game with a oddly easy boss fight?

EDIT: I tried the boss fight in Deus Ex: HR without using the Typhoon and it was really hard! But the Typhoon is so overpowered that it just felt like a waste not to use it, especially since there was lots of Typhoon ammo in that room.

Final boss of Demon Souls, The True King (don't remember his name) was hilariously easy considering how hard the actual game is.

Four Kings from Dark Souls. Iron Flesh made them a joke.

Bowser. Any Mario Game.

EXCEPT Mario 64.

mitchell271:

try defeating her WITHOUT typhoon.

The human reaper thingymajig from ME2.

Fights with Praetorians or Scions were hard as hell, but the much vaunted final boss? Piece of Pie.

you're using typhoon...

your argument is invalid. that is so OP to the point it's not funny.

OT:

vermivorous the invincible on borderlands 2 was fucking cake.

The second time you play through the Undead Asylum in Dark Souls. Asylum demon is easy as hell then.

skywolfblue:

This. I just vaguely pointed my gun at it. I didn't even shoot, I just said "Bang" and it died.

Jason Rayes:

skywolfblue:

This. I just vaguely pointed my gun at it. I didn't even shoot, I just said "Bang" and it died.

I had that Nuke heavy weapon equipped at the time. Battle started and I immediately wiped out like half of the thing's health. Then about three minutes later it was dead.

"Wut?"

Pfheonix:
The second time you play through the Undead Asylum in Dark Souls. Asylum demon is easy as hell then.

I had to do it without armor to avoid its physical attacks, but the fire was easily blocked with the Crest Shield.

Ryotknife:

mitchell271:

This ,my first playthrough on hard i didn't know about typhoon . So much rage .

OT: so following the OPs example . Final fantasy 8 , Zombie president , phoenix down , win .

the typhoon is excellent for stealth builds. it fixes the issue with the unskipable boss fights extremely quickly

Volf from Ninja gaiden 2

You first see him sat on a throne in front of his werewolf army, with a werewolf fighting a human. The human is getting his ass kicked till he hits the werewolf in the head and the blade gets stuck, the werewolf shrugs it off and kills the man. Volf not impressed with the fight kills about 30 werewolves in about 3 seconds, showing his raw power ...

When we meet Volf we do so in a gladiatorial arena, Roman style! His weapon of choice is a huge sythe! Seeing this I naturally think "Oh, fuck ... this is going to be a bitch!" ...

I seriously kill him in 10 seconds, I guess it was a joke from the devs. Hyping this guy up to be a real bad ass and then leave you with an anti climax, to be honest the killing his followers after the fight is harder than killing him.

Kopikatsu:
Four Kings from Dark Souls. Iron Flesh made them a joke.

I know right, especially after grueling battles like the false king. It just felt kind of.. Anticlimatic.

I was thinking borderlands 1 also. The last boss I downed in only three shots.

Ganon from Ocarina of Time. Roll through the legs, hit the tail, rinse, repeat. Very underwhelming fight

General Scar I think is his name from Starfox Adventures. He had such a buildup, and then just gave up like that.

Anybody remember Lucien from Fable 2? If not than SPOILER WARNING

Thank you Reaver, for ending the game for me.

As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.

Gradius 3
Bacterion, the Final boss.
He just dies on his own without any input on your part, save for evading his hilariously slow projectiles. Getting to him was a challenge, but the fight itself? I think it was a joke on the part of the developers.
its really funny to hide behind his massive brain and just wait for him to die.

Darth Nihilus in Knights of the Old Republic II

Can eat planets, but gets squashed like an ant.

Shoggoth2588:

As for bosses your fight on your own...I dunno, Ifrit from Final Fantasy VIII? I mean, you can grind your way up to Demi-Godhood before taking him on so that makes things almost insultingly easy.

Damn ninja'd.

Yeah, you can pretty much win the game with the push of a button. And if you're not up for that, well.. the game does it for you. Hurrah?

Ryotknife:

mitchell271:

Just get the ability that protects you from shock damage and you can wreck her shit...

Honestly though... all of the boss fights in Deus Ex Human Revolution suck... the only real bad part about the game...<.<

OT: The Boss Fights in the first Deus Ex...

JC: Laputan Machine...

Gunther: *Explodes...*

Or my personal favorite...

Simon: So we meet at last...

JC: *Runs Away...*

But honestly those boss fights worked well... considering it did account for different play styles and left it open for the player to actually decide how to go about each fight... other than the occasional supposed to lose fight...<.<

Ryotknife:

mitchell271:

Eh, even without the Typhoon/exploding Magnum she's a cake-walk. Heavy Rifle/AP Pistol/Shotgun and busting up the generators will screw her over (hell, just zapping her with the Stun gun straight off interrupts her attacks).
Now the boss after her without the Typhoon is fucking difficult.

OP: Every gym leader that isn't named 'Sabrina', 'Norman' or 'Whitney' from the Pokemon games - those two are the only ones who use high-tiered pokemon and have a significant level jump from the last gym leader, making them a surprising challenge even for experienced pokemon players. The rest of the Gym leaders suffer from the whole 'Let's only use one pokemon type' thing, which makes them insanely easy to counter.

Also, the Old-god Dragon thing from Dragon Age: Origins that you fight as the end boss. Thanks to a problem with level-scaling, the thing is like 4 levels lower than you when you fight it - this makes it's 'powerful' attacks easy to shrug off, and it takes metric-fucktons of damage from your attacks. The only way I found it challenging was when I skipped most of the side quests (and chunks of the main quest), so that I was severely under-leveled when I finally got to him. And even then the biggest threat on the field were the adds he kept spawning in. :(

In "Klonoa" for Wii, that boss that you fight on the bridge that's swinging back and forth. It's a cool concept for a fight that really utilizes Klonoa's 2D/3D style, and it comes right before one of the most dramatic moments of the story, so it's a shame that it's pathetically easy compared to the bosses before and after it. Definitely a case of bizarrely-low difficulty.

Had I only played it once I would have said Duriel from Dialbo 2. First time I fought him I barely was hurt - it turned out I just had a good Amazon build and combination of equipment. The next time (as a necromancer) I remember him hammering me.

Here's quite an old game - all the bosses in Super Mario World were easy. Bowser was tougher than the rest but still not very difficult.

Shoggoth2588:

Damn that was my answer but speaking of Fable one of the easiest bosses for me was Sir Walter Beck at the end of Fable 3 in fact the whole game was easy I never got knocked out once and got an achievement for it :)

I'm simply shocked that nobody's mentioned this beauty yet...
One of the only bosses I found ridiculously easy at four years old.

Gmans uncle:
I'm simply shocked that nobody's mentioned this beauty yet...
One of the only bosses I found ridiculously easy at four years old.

CLOUD N' CANDY

I remember being on edge as a child playing this game, waiting for him to do something more than jump around and let me slowly eat him.

That final boss at the end of Far Cry. After fighting through many attempts at surviving those goddamn trigen mutants with goddamn rocket launchers fixed to their arms, I finally made it to the office or whatever of that professor that had gone insane. I just threw in a grenade into his room and then the credits rolled.

Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick. Also Dragon Dogma, was told the white hydra would be hard, within a few seconds using High Bolide he is done. I am forgetting a few bosses.

Jason Rayes:

skywolfblue:

Are you Spike Spiegel?

OT - Yeah I'm going with the Human Reaper thing.

I've had tougher fights with Mudcrabs...

Shoggoth2588:
Anybody remember Lucien from Fable 2? If not than

Oh yeah that, I killed him myself, I just though Oh shut up! and pressed the y button and he died, it was pretty funny, but very disappointing.

I don't know, the dragon at the end Fable 1 was also insultingly easy, but to be fair at the end of the game you are practically immortal anyway, and most bosses had been insultingly easy too.

Also Dracula on Dracula X, seriously the entire game is so ridiculously hard, but against Dracula for the most part you just stand in one place where he can't hit you and spam him with the Axe or the Cross, it was ridiculously easy, and even when he changed pattern it wasn't that hard to avoid, I mean seriously the rest of that game was so fucking hard, and that's ending?

On the topic of Mass Effect 3, Harbinger

Edit: Hmm, put this in a spoiler for those who haven't finished ME3.
Note, I'm not even one of the people who hate ME 3. I just thought the whole Harbinger deal was a letdown.

Magenera:
Wilhem from Borderlands2. Hearing how difficult he is, and how he took down the last vault hunters you would think he would be a badass. Went out real quick.

That was entirely intentional. Did you actually pay attention to the dialogue afterwards, or are you merely copying Yahtzee?

Honestly, the game flat out tells you why he was so easy, it's an actual plot point.

The Corpser in Gears of War 1 (That's the Spider like Crab thing)

Hardly being an expert gamer, i still managed to kill it within about 30 seconds the third or fourth time around. A bit disappointing given how much the game "hypes" the encounter.

Maximillian from Valkyria Chronicles is so very easy to beat. I was surprised I struggled so much with him when I discovered this.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked