Bizarrely Easy Boss Fights

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I thought the final Alduin fight in Skyrim was extremely easy and underrealming since all I did to beat him was use drogonrend on him once and then I smacked him with my sword a few times and I only had to use one fast heal spell.

Rabish Bini:
Darth Nihilus in Knights of the Old Republic II

Can eat planets, but gets squashed like an ant.

Also Darth Scion in the ruins on Korriban. I was just sitting there kicking his ass.

Kreia: Run, you're no match for him!
Me: Wait, but I'm not even taking any damage...

Kopikatsu:
Four Kings from Dark Souls. Iron Flesh made them a joke.

Four Kings is basically a DPS race, so the only thing that Iron Flesh will do for you is make it so you don't need to dodge them. You most likely were using quite a strong weapon, which was the key.

Anyway, easy boss? The last boss from Resistance 2, Daedalus, disappointingly so.

There was a boss in Final Fantasy 9, I'm not motivated enough to point out which, but he was on some sort of old boat ruins. He was classified as undead and I guess they forgot to make his boss status immune from the old 'hey its undead! Phoenix Down' trick.

So yeah, that was depressingly easy.

BishopofAges:
There was a boss in Final Fantasy 9, I'm not motivated enough to point out which, but he was on some sort of old boat ruins. He was classified as undead and I guess they forgot to make his boss status immune from the old 'hey its undead! Phoenix Down' trick.

So yeah, that was depressingly easy.

I don't think that was a mistake considering that you can do that to basically every undead boss in every FF game ever.

Veldt Falsetto:
snip

You mean you didn't notice that Shiva and Valefor also affect the turn order like Quick Hit? Just not quite as effective.

Kopikatsu:
Four Kings from Dark Souls. Iron Flesh made them a joke.

After Iron Flesh got nerfed, not so much.
Gwynn was depressingly easy.

s69-5:

Veldt Falsetto:
snip

You mean you didn't notice that Shiva and Valefor also affect the turn order like Quick Hit? Just not quite as effective.

Lots of things affect turn order, you can get delay attack relatively early but affecting the turn order doesn't make it that much easier as delay moves only work a to a certain degree but auto haste and quick hit are broken, you need them for the Dark Aeon fights and Penance

Veldt Falsetto:

s69-5:

Veldt Falsetto:
snip

Lots of things affect turn order, you can get delay attack relatively early but affecting the turn order doesn't make it that much easier as delay moves only work a to a certain degree but auto haste and quick hit are broken, you need them for the Dark Aeon fights and Penance

Agreed, as per my post.

But the strategy is still in effect early and not late game as you first presented. It's just not as effective without Auto-Haste and Quick Hit. :D

Mycroft Holmes:

Rabish Bini:
Darth Nihilus in Knights of the Old Republic II

Can eat planets, but gets squashed like an ant.

Also Darth Scion in the ruins on Korriban. I was just sitting there kicking his ass.

Kreia: Run, you're no match for him!
Me: Wait, but I'm not even taking any damage...

That game had so many flaws it's ridiculous.

Any boss from Super Paper Mario. Not having the tbs fights make the game to easy, funner, but easy.

Also I'm a Dimentio fanboy. One of the few characters throughout the gamingverse to which I am.

Ciao

again The Destroyer from BL1 I just stood there unloading clip and clip into it.

and the guy that was the boss in Def Jam: Vendetta only took one hit and then I stomp the crap out of him

Jason Rayes:
On the topic of Mass Effect 3, Harbinger

Edit: Hmm, put this in a spoiler for those who haven't finished ME3.
Note, I'm not even one of the people who hate ME 3. I just thought the whole Harbinger deal was a letdown.

Dude, I totally agree. I was wishing for a boss fight similar to the one on Rannoch.

OT: Skorge from Gears 2. After the mercilessly unforgiving Gears 1 boss, I was REALLY expecting something tougher.

After playing Persona 3: FES, any boss in Persona 3: Portable. The removal of party members getting tired and leaving in the middle of Tartarus, the addition of the ability to resume at the last floor you were on, the Guard command and the option to manually control your party members pretty much breaks everything that made the original Persona 3 (and FES) difficult. The game practically throws awesome SP healing items at you, making it absurdly easier than Persona 4, which I found easy to begin with, if you're not apprehensive about using items. I find myself hoarding Soma, which are like Megalixers, and end up with, like, 10 of them by the end of the game, and at most one of them will ever see any use.

To give an example from the early game, the Change Relic spams wind attacks, which one of your (required, at this point) party members is weak to. He takes a lot of damage from it and gives the Change Relic extra turns because of the way weaknesses work. In addition, your party may be tired, and when they're tired, you can't go back to the first floor of Tartarus to heal because then your tired party members will leave you. This boss is sometimes considered one of the hardest in P3:FES. However, guarding in P3P nullifies a character's weakness. The character in question has no real support skills, and at this point his damage output isn't much different from anyone else's, so you can just have him guard every turn and soak up damage. You don't have to worry about anyone getting tired, either; in P3P, it only takes effect when you leave for the night.

Was going to go for alduin - but I'll be original

Letho at the ending of the witcher 2.

His moveset doesnt change at all from your previous bout - all you have to do is wait for his quen to finish, let him wildly slash his sword. roll around to his back and strike.

what a let down.

Kopikatsu:

I don't think that was a mistake considering that you can do that to basically every undead boss in every FF game ever.

Well mistake or not, it was stupidly easy. You'd think they would take that out some time soon because of how the cinematic scenes make it seem like the battle will take forever and all of my cunning but then *poof*phoenix down Boss: "ARRGH~"

In a very recent case, The Warrior of Borderlands 2. The battle is massive and he even has the minions on the ground attacking you, and yet I was playing solo and didn't go down once during that battle, even having died so many times in the area leading up to it (I suck at this game) and dying once against Handsome Jack.

Does anyone remember how easy the final boss in Fable 2 was? I shot him in the foot and he died.

Carnage boss fight in Spiderman on PS1. All you need to do is keep hitting him with impact webbing and he can't even hit you. You were supposed to hit him into the bubble thing in the middle of the room over and over again but that wasn't as fast.

Barbarossa from Suikoden I.

Many other Suikoden fans talk about how easy they had it against other final bosses in the Suikoden series, from 2 up to 5. While there was a bit of a challenge for hte Suik2, 3, and 5 final bosses, the Suik4 boss was boringly easy, but I don't hear anyone mention just how little the final boss of Suik1 was. Not only could I do ridiculous amounts of damage against him, but all he could do was scratch me. What probably broke the game was McDohl's Soul Eater Rune. Or Hellion's Mother Earth Rune.

Every boss after the first one in Too Human. I didn't do the first one properly, I didn't blow up the barrels, I just shot it with my pistols and dodged it for about 3 hours IRL. Everything seemed mundane after that.

Below be Borderlands 2 spoilers

madwarper:
I don't understand why people were saying that the OP's boss fight was only easy since he used a maguffin and he should try it without the maguffin... That's like saying, "Brock was only an easy fight if you choose Bulbasaur or Squirtle, you should have picked Charmander."

OT: Majora's Mask. While there was some difficulty in collecting every mask and the 4 sub-dungeons on the moon could be a bit annoying, once you donned the Fierce Deity's mask the final boss was cakewalk.

Okay, you clearly don't know what a McGuffin is, and the reason they're saying that is because Typhoon is ridiculously overpowered and makes every fight in the game easy.

The boss at the end of Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy VII.

X-Potion = Win.

Kefka from FF VI was unfortunately pretty easy. Especially after playing FF IV and fighting Zeromus about 20 times.

Though the difference is probably being under-leveled for Zeromus and overpowered for Kefka (X-Magic, X-Fight, Chainsaw, Bum Rush, Ultima Spell, etc.)

I finished Dawn of War 2 the other day and after a few late game missions that turned out to be battles of perseverance against bosses with ridiculous amounts of health, the last boss went down in no more than 20 seconds. It was over before I'd even used everyone's special abilities.

I can't say I was too disappointed though. I was expecting something impossible that would result in some kind of rage quit.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who found the end boss fight with Alduin disappointing.

skywolfblue:
The human reaper thingymajig from ME2.

Fights with Praetorians or Scions were hard as hell, but the much vaunted final boss? Piece of Pie.

Well to be fair it was a fetus, although yes, a grand boss fight that does not make.... I was hoping to take on the collector general myself...

Olrod:
The boss at the end of Cosmo Canyon in Final Fantasy VII.

X-Potion = Win.

Don't forget the tree of life boss in FFIX.... cast life or chuck some feathers from the general store at it and bam, no more boss.

SPEEEHSS MARIIINES! WAAAAAGH!!

Massive Spoilz Ahead Space Marine fans!

Total bullshit.

Ryotknife:

try defeating her WITHOUT typhoon.

Quite easy: Shoot the computers at the wall that electrocute the room and jump like a maniac :D (really, that worked for me, don't ask how)

There's a mini boss in Borderlands 2 called 'Blue' who is one of these Crystel creatures with three legs. When he rose out the ground, he can tower above you and I went "Oh Shit" so I started gunzerking and dropped him in around 5 seconds. I even asked my brother over Xboxlive why that was so easy.

Casual Shinji:
Salazar from Resident Evil 4.

Just buy a rocket launcher from the Merchant standing just outside, wait for Salazar to reveal himself, and then simply blow him away in one shot.

As a matter of fact, this is the only way I know how to beat him - I've never tried a different approach, because it involved getting grabbed by his tentacles and thrown down in the lower area which is crawling with those spider-y facehugger bastards.

He is actually a bit harder without the rocket launcher, but the strategy is still the same. Shoot the creature's eye until it's mouth opens, and shoot Salazar until the mouth closes. Avoid the tentacle attacks and repeat.

Kefka in FFVI. :(

Last boss of Dead Island... after he zombifies. One hit with that knockbacky circlesaw firebat thing and he flew into the plane, and dead. Was CoOping with my best friend tho, so instead of disappointed we just had a massive laugh fit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here