Killed by a Ridiculously Underpowered Enemy

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I started Skyrim up again the other day with the hopes of making an Archer build with no stealth to see how well it played out.
After playing through with Stealth archers twice, I thought it would be pretty interesting.
For the most part, he handles pretty well, especially in open world scenarios. However, in caves he sucks against even moderate enemies.

The results of this? Death by apprentice frost mage. Pretty ridiculously embarrassing considering he was by himself as well.

So what stupidly underpowered critters, creatures or NPCs have you been killed by?

i was at the top of the leader board in killing floor with my sharp shooter, just one enemy left and what happens? i decided to take a gore fast 1v1 with my knife.

I don't know why I tried either.

In Skyrim I wouldn't ever consider a frost mage to be underpowered. They do insane amounts of damage and sometimes glitch you so you CANNOT move, like at all, and so you die for lack of an option.

At the very lest they always slow you down, which seems to last until you sheath/unsheath your whatever again.

I've been one shot by more ice mages than Drauger Uber Deathlords.

That being said.. *haaa ha* <-- Nelson Voice

OT I laugh everytime I get pwned by a dregling in a Soul's game. I'll be running up and going to do a running attack and they just go ape shit and I'm eating their torch...

In Skyrim I wouldn't ever consider a frost mage to be underpowered. They do insane amounts of damage and sometimes glitch you so you CANNOT move, like at all, and so you die for lack of an option.

At the very lest they always slow you down, which seems to last until you sheath/unsheath your whatever again.

OT I laugh everytime I get pwned by a dregling in a Soul's game. I'll be running up and going to do a running attack and they just go ape shit and I'm eating their torch...

forum spazzed out. It wouldn't post. I checked it, didn't post, tried again. You get the idea v_v

T-t-t-t-t-TRIPLE POST! XD

EDIT: Oh now who's talking... Instant post before I even wrote my damn sentence because the enter button decides to I want to post instead of just spacing down. Thanks Instant Karma.

OT: Minions in LoL. Especially on lower levels. You face tank a whole minion wave at level 3 and lol that's half your health gone. It's hilarious to just about lose a 1v1 with the guy left on like 50 HP but he's still taking minion aggro so there're these little orbs of death follow him until he dies.

Oh and there's that clip of a huge minion wave ganging up on a half health Teemo and pretty much gangbanging him to death. Looks like minions hate Teemo just as much as the human race... They refuse to just let him farm them in peace dammit!

KoudelkaMorgan:

Well they certainly messed me up. Frost is easily worse than fire or lightning (unless you're a mage obviously)

On my first playthrough of Halo Reach, I ended up playing the very last mission with a friend, and after a pretty tough round, I ended up getting killed by an elite. There was absolutely no-one around but two grunts, so my friend rushed them head on & ended up getting killed somehow. I have never laughed so much at the end of a game.

Morrowind, 5 minutes in, FUCKING MUDCRAB!

Not really my fault, more of Morrowinds shite on a bike combat system.

Cliff racers. Cliff racers everywhere. In Morrowind, no matter how much armor and weapons you've collected, no matter how strong you are, cliff racers are always a threat. From surprising you in completely unexpected places, to arriving in packs of ten, to joining in combat against you when you are already fighting something else. Those things are probably the "weak monster" everyone ever have died to the most times.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine and Kill Team. Emperor's elite warriors mowing down orks left, right and centre with holy bolter fire, and oh fuck, there's a single gretchin stood behind me with that glorified butter knife of theirs.

I'm pretty sure doing something that stupid is blasphemy.

As for Skyrim. Frost mage, meet Grey Knight. Grey Knight, frost mage. What's that Grey Knight? Burn the witches?

KoudelkaMorgan:
forum spazzed out. It wouldn't post. I checked it, didn't post, tried again. You get the idea v_v

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

OT: I got killed by a gibberling on Baldur's gate a couple days ago, it 1 shot me. (This is on hardest difficulty)

I got killed by a kobold in Nethack on my first move........ I wasn't too happy that day.

SextusMaximus:

KoudelkaMorgan:

Well they certainly messed me up. Frost is easily worse than fire or lightning (unless you're a mage obviously)

I use the unleveled Skyrim , and duel combat realism mods, which together make any mage a bloody powerhouse of mass destruction, they have tonnes of health, know the master spells, and can heal themselves fully in about 5 seconds flat. Until you've managed to enchante all your armour to resist magic, flames, and frost you're just totally screwed, and it makes the game awesome.

On topic, in Team Fortress 2 I remember having a completely rubbish team for Mann vs. Machine, they refused to do any class other than snipers, spies, or scouts, and thus we couldn't even get past the very first round, despite having a dozen tries for about an hour. That was awful.

Goombas. All they do is walk stupidly across the screen. Yet I'm sure everyone here has died many, many times from those SOBs.

thatonedude11:
Goombas. All they do is walk stupidly across the screen. Yet I'm sure everyone here has died many, many times from those SOBs.

Darn you I was about to say that.

Well I have been killed by the occasional grunt whenever I played one of the Halo games.

Damn stickies!

Icewind Dale.

Goblins right outside the starting village. You get enough goblin archers on you at once, and with enough luck, you'll lose one character per round

Headcrab in Black Mesa...

Little buggers mobbed me after one of the hellish HECU encounters (Dear god BM team I can beat HL1 on hard and did so as prep but those Marines are bullshit on toast.)

KoudelkaMorgan:

This. I've lost more souls and humanity to one of those fuckers than to any boss, ever.

Fucking Crawlers and Stalkers in Killing Floor. Ridiculously weak cannon-fodder enemies, but they're SO ANNOYING to hit, because Stalkers are fucking invisible and Crawlers are small, jump everywhere, attack in groups, are fast, and spawn in the most annoying places.

Despite the humongous tank enemies in the game like Fleshpounds, Scrakes and Gorefasts, easily 90% of all damage you take in Killing Floor is from Stalkers or Crawlers, because they are completely bullshit like that.

vallorn:
(Dear god BM team I can beat HL1 on hard and did so as prep but those Marines are bullshit on toast.)

"Oh wow, full health, mostly full energy, I'm doing pretty good!" Then they shoot you three times and you die instantly.

What sticks out in my mind is the fucking encounter in Lambda Core, when you have to scout an area ahead for the scientists are you're trapped in a front desk while soldiers repel down. FUCK THAT MOMENT. Easy difficulty, multiple years of shooter experience, full health, full ammo, using all of my strong guns, memory of where soldiers appear, and complete concentration, and it took around half an hour to beat the moment where four soldiers spam you, immediately followed by five more, while two snipe you from above, when there's no health or suit power lying around in a close-quarters and no cover area where shotgunners LOVE to two-shot you.

Fuck that.

Getting killed by Swarmers in ME3. That hurts the ol' pride.

Tallim:
I got killed by a kobold in Nethack on my first move........ I wasn't too happy that day.

I do indeed know that feel bro. I remember when I started playing ADOM, I attacked and was subsequently killed by the first shopkeeper because I didn't know how to drop items.

Wait, should I be admitting this? Shit.

The Klobb. Get that puny thing away from me!!

There is no greater shame than being finished off with the Klobb. No greater shame

Atbird:

Tallim:

I do indeed know that feel bro. I remember when I started playing ADOM, I attacked and was subsequently killed by the first shopkeeper because I didn't know how to drop items.

I was killed by a combination of paralysis, starvation, and a grid bug in nethack once, that was embarrasing. I think the most embarassing nethack deaths I've had have to be either dying within three turns of starting because I failed to mount the horse repeatedly, because I forgot that you can't kick a door down while riding a horse, and last but not least because of an orc with a wand of fire attacking me almost the moment I started.

Eddy-16:

Morrowind's combat is only shit if you don't know how to play.

That said, every Morrowind player knows: when you get off the boat, you CAN'T take the one old woman in her house in a knife fight, no matter what you think

TheYellowCellPhone:
Fucking Crawlers and Stalkers in Killing Floor. Ridiculously weak cannon-fodder enemies, but they're SO ANNOYING to hit, because Stalkers are fucking invisible and Crawlers are small, jump everywhere, attack in groups, are fast, and spawn in the most annoying places.

Despite the humongous tank enemies in the game like Fleshpounds, Scrakes and Gorefasts, easily 90% of all damage you take in Killing Floor is from Stalkers or Crawlers, because they are completely bullshit like that.

vallorn:
(Dear god BM team I can beat HL1 on hard and did so as prep but those Marines are bullshit on toast.)

"Oh wow, full health, mostly full energy, I'm doing pretty good!" Then they shoot you three times and you die instantly.

What sticks out in my mind is the fucking encounter in Lambda Core, when you have to scout an area ahead for the scientists are you're trapped in a front desk while soldiers repel down. FUCK THAT MOMENT. Easy difficulty, multiple years of shooter experience, full health, full ammo, using all of my strong guns, memory of where soldiers appear, and complete concentration, and it took around half an hour to beat the moment where four soldiers spam you, immediately followed by five more, while two snipe you from above, when there's no health or suit power lying around in a close-quarters and no cover area where shotgunners LOVE to two-shot you.

Fuck that.

Bullshit. On. Toast. Also I think you mean the end fight in Questionable Ethics. Not Lambda Core.

I actualy had the most trouble with the part where you have to fight up a short ramp to a landing pad where a chopper keeps dropping off soldiers. I would have done okay IF THEY DIDNT SODDING KEEP BRINGING MORE IN! As it was every time I got to the top of the ramp (Even if I let them engage the two Vort's to weaken them) I got turned into paste. on the off chance I survived killing them all... the second wave was already deployed and mashed me in the face...

This was the first time in years that I have cheated at a PC game. After 3 HOURS of struggling I gave up and just god moded through the section to the missile launcher and played it from there. That was tough but actually fun and doable...

I was dicking about in an MMO once, and decided to unleash the full power of a nuke mage.
I tell me tank friend to aggro all the puny, underleveled trash mobs in an area so I could nuke them with massive AOEs and DoTs.

Mission accomplished, I hit them all and they all decided to turn around and stab me.
No amounts of concentration stat can help you fling spells when surrounded by 50 angry mobs hitting you with the ferocity of an angry bear.

Metalhandkerchief:
Cliff racers. Cliff racers everywhere. In Morrowind, no matter how much armor and weapons you've collected, no matter how strong you are, cliff racers are always a threat. From surprising you in completely unexpected places, to arriving in packs of ten, to joining in combat against you when you are already fighting something else. Those things are probably the "weak monster" everyone ever have died to the most times.

Way back when, I simply enchanted a daedric long sword with a fifty foot radius aoe fireball.

Cliff racers not a problem anymore.

SextusMaximus:

KoudelkaMorgan:

Sextus, my long lost brother you have returned!

Everytime I get killed by a normal enemy in Demon's souls or Dark souls I feel like a complete noob. (Even Though i've owned both games for a year now.)

I think anyone who's playing Dark Souls second time around always has the question to ask themselves: "How the fuck did these hollows kill me the first time?"

Well for me its never fun for my day to be ruined by the dynamic duo Tonberry and Cataur in...basically any Final Fantasy gmae

Eddy-16:

I got killed by a mirelurk in Fallout 3. about 30 mins in. Was unamused.

OT: The very first enemies in demons souls knocked me down a hole ): I was sad. Then I stabbed them with spear.

This happens in Halo on Legendary all the time.

- Have a hard-as-nails fight to the death against Hunter Pair/Brute Chieftain/Elite General.

- Just win by the skin of your teeth.

- "Holy shit did you see that?! I'm fucking aweso-" *get shot by unseen Grunt*

- "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

IFS:

Atbird:

Tallim:

I was killed by a combination of paralysis, starvation, and a grid bug in nethack once, that was embarrasing. I think the most embarassing nethack deaths I've had have to be either dying within three turns of starting because I failed to mount the horse repeatedly, because I forgot that you can't kick a door down while riding a horse, and last but not least because of an orc with a wand of fire attacking me almost the moment I started.

Ah, Nethack. Dark Souls has nothing on you.

Also in ADOM, probably my most memorable death was from breaking my leg kicking the air. In my defense, I was just doing it to see if I could.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked