Killed by a Ridiculously Underpowered Enemy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Monster Hunter Tri, quest to cap a monster, it's tranq'd, falling over, we've died twice, when a fucking Bhananabara comes in and stings me, right before I healed up.
We lost.
I raged.

NinjaDeathSlap:
This happens in Halo on Legendary all the time.

- Have a hard-as-nails fight to the death against Hunter Pair/Brute Chieftain/Elite General.

- Just win by the skin of your teeth.

- "Holy shit did you see that?! I'm fucking aweso-" *get shot by unseen Grunt*

- "FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

this x10, You never expect a grunt to kill you, with there needles and plasma pistols.

I would also add LOTRBFME2ROTWK (the lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2 the rise of the witch king)
t's an RTS and I will defeat an entire army only to have someone sneak a level 1 hero in and start blowing up all my farms

Killed by a pair of chickens in Sleeping Dogs. There's one tucked away spot where they're near one of those lockboxes. I tried to attack them first and then they just fought back and it's really hard to hit them since they're so small. And they also have an absurd amount of HP.

But I picked the fight so I decided to make it to the death, and while I got one of them, the survivor finished me off.

The Wykydtron:
T-t-t-t-t-TRIPLE POST! XD

EDIT: Oh now who's talking... Instant post before I even wrote my damn sentence because the enter button decides to I want to post instead of just spacing down. Thanks Instant Karma.

OT: Minions in LoL. Especially on lower levels. You face tank a whole minion wave at level 3 and lol that's half your health gone. It's hilarious to just about lose a 1v1 with the guy left on like 50 HP but he's still taking minion aggro so there're these little orbs of death follow him until he dies.

THOSE DAMN MINIONS!

OT: I was playing a bot game in LOL with my friend a couple of days ago as kha zix and I was just about to kill an Ashe bot when she used her ulti and ran away leaving the minions to kill me. It was really embarrassing since she was also only 15 health. It was like a Bad Luck Brian meme: plays a custom game, gets outsmarted by a bot

Shanicus:

I distinctly remember wiping out the Merchant's building filled with all it's powerful mercenaries and a couple of guards, then dying to a woman with a Knife when I stopped to heal myself. Despite having a 75 in Spears and constantly stabbing at her, I didn't hit her once while she carved me into small pieces.

Scariest old woman in history, that one.

Bitches be packin' daggers, yo.
Barenziah's daedric pigsticker in particular will give you trouble, but its still worth picking a fight, that way you can free-clear Helseth AND his entire royal guard. And if you can win THAT fight, you are god.

Or you hid on the throne and used squishy-wizard magic to kill them all without getting hit.

But if you wanna complain about Morrowind ever, complain about getting the one hand-to-hand guy BEHIND you, knocking you out before you notice, then keeping you locked down while the hammers beat you to death

Okay this is a simple tale.

I was playing Oblivion with my character which was rather low leveled. I was killing random enemies in the forest until I was fairly low on health. So I decided to run to the Imperial city via the waterfront. Ran by a group of mudcrabs and one managed to nip my ankles and I fell in the sand dead.

Remember kids, don't underestimate the mud crab.

VoidWanderer:
So, apparently, in Borderlands 2 when you are following the C3-PO's retarded dwarf cousin around, the torch by his place will kill you. By jumping on it.

Is it just me or does BL2 seem to enjoy inflicting petty death. Tried the LoTR easter egg today. Let Geary hit me then I took off team rocket style straight into freakin volcano caldera. Had to be a bug but still, it was extremely embarrassing.

Edit: Forgot to mention how my friend got killed after he and I killed Terramorphous. He fell on him...

This keeps happening in Guild Wars 2.

These are but some of the creatures I've been defeated by:

A bandit.
A spider (not a giant spider, just a spider
A Flower (to be fair, it was poisonous)

theemporer:

A bandit.

There's something puzzling me about GW2 right now. Okay...sometimes there's some sort of yellow-white glow that suuuddenly yanks away all of my health and I die, but I've no idea why since...the enemy could be dead - VERY DEAD, in fact, since I'm a Blood Legionnaire Charr - and I'll have engaged a support power that's suppose to CURE ALL CONDITIONS. What the hell is that?

OT: Okay, this didn't actually kill me, but I'm sure it did SOMEONE...

Chickens from Legend of Zelda games.

I don't know how many times in TES3:M I got killed by some 'worthless' enemy like a rat or mudcrab.

>_>

I was killed by a grunt in halo once...

Worst death ever.

You ever play a Kirby game and get killed by one of the mobs with a broom? The ones that don't even have an attack, they just shove you into pits? *le sigh*

A while back, in Burning Crusade WoW, I was running as a carefree nukemage through Nagrand. I just solo'd this hugeass mammoth, much to my surprise (it was a good 3-4 levels higher than me) and I was on very low health, so I thought I'd peg it for the nearest town on my land mount. Then out of nowhere are critical fireball came out of a cave and one-shoted me. It was a trash mob a good 5 levels lower than me.
I didn't even get to loot the mammoth :c

Halo Reach on Legendary.

Grunts are NOT meant to be that strong. You get surrounded by 4 of the bastards and you are finished. In the other games or the books a fucking ODST could deal with those grunts, and yet me as a SPARTAN in shielded armor gets absolutely raped? Shit, you guys.

I'm not sure if this counts, but here goes.

Recently I took up Dwarf Fortress, an incredibly detailed simulator where everything down to the emotions of all your Dwarves are simulated constantly. Well I had just survived a lengthy siege, and though we made it out okay my Dwarves were not happy. Particularly unhappy was my max-level master Axedwarf, for the rest of this story I will call him by his randomly generated game name, Solun.

So, Solun has legendary level axe wielding, armor use, and various other combat skills, as well as high tier equipment. However, despite being a master warrior, Solun is also afraid of insects.

Now, during the siege we had to survive exclusively on food stores, and had to ration food. No one was happy, add in combat stress from the military dwarves and you have a time bomb (yes, Dwarf Fortress DOES simulate that).

So, normally I keep cats in the fortress to kill off vermin like mice and roaches. However, because of the siege they had to be caged so that they would not be risked being killed by combat (Cats, unlike other pets, choose owners for themselves rather than the other way around, and losing a pet causes significant depression in a Dwarf, which I absolutely did not need while my fortress was under siege).

The siege is over, and I can finally end rationing of food. So people begin eating like normal again, ie by bringing all their food to the dining hall and gathering and generally (at least I like to assume) having a good time. Among them is Solun.

Remember how I said that Solun is deathly afraid of large insects? Remember how I said that the cats were caged and hadn't been let back out yet and so could not kill off vermin and insects? And how everyone is gathered together in a small place in the presence of an unstable weaponmaster equipped with high-level gear?

Well, along comes a couple cockroaches. Solun completely flips shit and throws a tantrum, killing a number of Dwarves in only a few minutes. This greatly upsets a number of the other war wear Dwarves, military and otherwise, who then proceed to throw their own tantrums and begin attacking each other.

At the end of it, the appearance of a cockroach at the wrong time caused my population to be reduced from 124 to 16, 4 of whom were permanently crippled, and another 7 had to be hospitalized (miraculously, the doctor had not been severely injured in the fight).

Not a rad roach, not a mutant super cockroach, by the way. An ordinary cockroach that normally only exist as playthings for my cats.

It wasn't a loss, but it was a significant setback that I did, fortunately, manage to recover from.

By the way, I'm not at all upset about this. Learning, largely through failure, is a part of the Dwarf Fortress experience (the game's motto is "Losing is Fun!"). Plus it's kind of a funny story.

Also, I highly recommend anyone with the time check out Dwarf Fortress. It is completely free and donation supported, and runs in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, and requires very little computing horsepower to run (the default game uses ASCII characters for everything, but there are graphics packs you can install. I highly recommend getting the Lazy Newb Pack if you try DF). Though reading the wiki is basically essential, it is well worth it to do so, and it is also very well written and readable and quite humorous in many cases.

Uggh. Double post.

Once, in Dwarf Fortress, one of my dwarves got killed by a sea sponge.

I got killed yesterday, not by a weak enemey, but by my own stupidity, but a weak enemy was involved...
I found a goat at the top of a mountian (Skyrim) and tried to Fus Ro Dah it off the mountian, for teh Lolz, but ended up whirlwind sprinting off the mountain, because I forgot which shout I had equiped.

The last thing I heard? A Gleeful "Baaaa!" from the goat that just escaped death. Goddamnit.

renegade7:
I'm not sure if this counts, but here goes.

Recently I took up Dwarf Fortress...

I have to commit to stupid micromanagement to keep my military under control. As i use a specific training method for my milita, one that requires armour on pain of death, i have to make sure none of my fighting dwarves are female, have pets or like cats.

In addition i keep them on a 100% training schedule (once they become weaponmasters they dont care about it anymore, in fact they get angry over been taken off duty) in a specificly made room that is close to my fortress enterance and is triple-sealed by anti-pet doors to prevent accidents.

The upshot of this particular method is i can have a full military of weaponmasters with legendary armour and shield useage and legendary fighter within a game year. Its good for when i want to wage war on the elves.

8-Bit_Jack:

Shanicus:

I distinctly remember wiping out the Merchant's building filled with all it's powerful mercenaries and a couple of guards, then dying to a woman with a Knife when I stopped to heal myself. Despite having a 75 in Spears and constantly stabbing at her, I didn't hit her once while she carved me into small pieces.

Scariest old woman in history, that one.

Bitches be packin' daggers, yo.
Barenziah's daedric pigsticker in particular will give you trouble, but its still worth picking a fight, that way you can free-clear Helseth AND his entire royal guard. And if you can win THAT fight, you are god.

Or you hid on the throne and used squishy-wizard magic to kill them all without getting hit.

But if you wanna complain about Morrowind ever, complain about getting the one hand-to-hand guy BEHIND you, knocking you out before you notice, then keeping you locked down while the hammers beat you to death

OH GOD, HAND TO HAND ENEMIES. WHY DID YOU REMIND ME OF THOSE GUYS??? Pretty much any of the hand-to-hand fighters would ruin my day, as they somehow took obscene amounts of damage even when they wore piss-all - the fact that my 200+ Fatigue would be burnt away pretty quickly didn't help at all.
One of the changes I was quite thankful for with Oblivion/Skyrim, so my big heavy-armored warrior didn't run like a little girl when some drunken hobo started a brawl.

FalloutJack:

theemporer:

A bandit.

There's something puzzling me about GW2 right now. Okay...sometimes there's some sort of yellow-white glow that suuuddenly yanks away all of my health and I die, but I've no idea why since...the enemy could be dead - VERY DEAD, in fact, since I'm a Blood Legionnaire Charr - and I'll have engaged a support power that's suppose to CURE ALL CONDITIONS. What the hell is that?

When/where does this glow happen? :/

It never happened to me and I've been playing a lot.

The only thing I can think of about that GW2 glow is the yellow aura if you've been downed and use the warrior skill to fight on for about 30 seconds. The glow may go away if you get a kill, but it's not guaranteed, and after time is up you die. But I assume that's not it, since you'd have figured that one out by now.

And if I need to be in a low lvl GW2 area, I generally run past the mobs, which often works. Often. Not always. A group of seperatists managed to nail me twice at the same place. They patroled, aggroed at long range and attacked with rifles who's shots you might not notice if you're already in melee.

KoudelkaMorgan:
In Skyrim I wouldn't ever consider a frost mage to be underpowered. They do insane amounts of damage and sometimes glitch you so you CANNOT move, like at all, and so you die for lack of an option.

Its not a glitch. NPC enemies have access to most of the perks the player character can get. When this happens vs an Ice Mage they had the Deep Freeze perk and had it activate on you which causes a temporary paralysis.

I remember playing GTA: Vice City some years ago and, right after a psychotic rampage cut short by the trusty lose-wanted-level cheat, I was at about 2 health and had no armor. There was no one around who would attack me, but running around to collect the lovely floating money from the fallen, I stepped off the curb, (That little quarter-of-a-fucking-inch step between street and sidewalk) took fall damage and died. Probably should have used the health cheat sooner.

The only thing that I can think of at the moment is Cheren in Black/White 2. He wiped my entire team twice before I could beat him. He was the first Gym Leader! His pokemon were shit! HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED?!

... stupid Work Up...

theemporer:

FalloutJack:

theemporer:

A bandit.

In the middle of some intense combat moments. As stated, I'm Blood Legion, so I'm in the thick of things, usually smashing something's head in. There is...no pattern of type of enemy that I can see. Some sort of white glow or haze appears and..."You have been defeated".

Friendly Lich:
For some reason in Guild Wars deer are surprisingly powerful.

So are the fireflies in the Sylvari starting area. They take atleast 2x less damage than every other creature I faced. The fucking green knight was easier and so were the guards!

Being a Sorcerer in Dragon's Dogma is cool and all, but it leads to situations where a wolf kills you because you can't fight one-on-one at all.

madster11:
Halo Reach on Legendary.

Grunts are NOT meant to be that strong. You get surrounded by 4 of the bastards and you are finished. In the other games or the books a fucking ODST could deal with those grunts, and yet me as a SPARTAN in shielded armor gets absolutely raped? Shit, you guys.

In games, Normal difficulty is supposed to represent the "real" difficulty. Legendary/Hardest is meant purely for a challenge. Considering Grunts take up around 50% of the Covenant enemies, it'd be a little easy if they weren't difficult in a group of four.

FalloutJack:

theemporer:

FalloutJack:

In the middle of some intense combat moments. As stated, I'm Blood Legion, so I'm in the thick of things, usually smashing something's head in. There is...no pattern of type of enemy that I can see. Some sort of white glow or haze appears and..."You have been defeated".

I played blood legion charr for a while and this never happened, what profession are you? Warrior?

I don't think it's because you're melee, I'm a guardian and I only use melee...

Really, I have no clue.

Combat does have its fair share of bugs in GW2, though. My character often teleports into walls/objects/pillars/etc. with some skills. That's very annoying, especially in dungeons.

SextusMaximus:
I started Skyrim up again the other day with the hopes of making an Archer build with no stealth to see how well it played out.
After playing through with Stealth archers twice, I thought it would be pretty interesting.
For the most part, he handles pretty well, especially in open world scenarios. However, in caves he sucks against even moderate enemies.

The results of this? Death by apprentice frost mage. Pretty ridiculously embarrassing considering he was by himself as well.

So what stupidly underpowered critters, creatures or NPCs have you been killed by?

To be fair those Ice Mages can be pretty deadly once they start spamming Ice Spike at you.

thatonedude11:
Goombas. All they do is walk stupidly across the screen. Yet I'm sure everyone here has died many, many times from those SOBs.

This. I've died by many a Goomba. Little slow moving menaces.

Metalhandkerchief:
Cliff racers. Cliff racers everywhere. In Morrowind, no matter how much armor and weapons you've collected, no matter how strong you are, cliff racers are always a threat. From surprising you in completely unexpected places, to arriving in packs of ten, to joining in combat against you when you are already fighting something else. Those things are probably the "weak monster" everyone ever have died to the most times.

Those are the reason I quite playing Morrowind finally. Didnt help with the freaking dice-roll system.

Well, yesterday in Skyrim I was killed by a wolf (not an ice wolf, a wolf) , In my defense it came up behind me literally the moment after I soloed a dragon and was at the smallest sliver of health imaginable.

theemporer:
Snip

Warrior class, swinging around a deadly hammer or shooting with a rifle. I'm not sure this is a bug, because it looks like an effect of some kind. Here, lemme actually address the whole of the Escapist about this. One out of many might know.

Sometimes the attack roulette in FFXI's mage mobs can be really dumb, casting poison then sleep, which is negated when you take damage, like from poison. Sometimes the attack roulette in FFXI can be incredibly punishing; bind - nuke - sleep - nuke and so on. Suddenly you've been taken out by an Easy Prey that you feel shouldn't have aggroed you in the first damned place because you're fifteen levels above it. This has happened to me more times than I'll admit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked