Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic II: Update 23: The Dark Side of the Force

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

woodaba:

Hargrimm:
Go hand-to-hand and become known as...

Kung-Fu Jesus

That would certainly be a treat, but another LP has already beaten us to the punch on the Jesus front.

I know, that's why I'm suggesting it. To complete the picture, you know.

The Crotch:
This gets all the more confusing when you realize that Kung Fu Jesus is himself a prolific and high-quality LPer...

That's what makes it so great!

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
Whatever you do, just make sure you roll a character with maximum speech skills and Force persuade.

KOTOR II becomes such a better game when you have all the dialogue options open to you. It's like Planescape. The joy of the game isn't in the combat, but in the phenomenal writing the developers put into it. If you want to do the game justice, make sure you go for dialogue wherever possible. It puts to shame practically anything else in the Star Wars setting.

Oh, undoubtedly. I do this in every RPG I play.

The Crotch:

woodaba:

Sutter Cane:
..but kung fu Jesus mostly used blasters.

You're thinking of Jedi Jesus.

Quiet, you fool. Sutter Cane can write reality.

yeah i just realized that as well (both the jedi jesus thing and the Kung Fu Jesus thing). To be fair to me, one of the best known things about that lp is him taking down nihilus with hand to hand combat. Also just as a note, KOTOR II with the restoration mod is probably my favorite game of all time. Such great writing.

Sutter Cane:
Also just as a note, KOTOR II with the restoration mod is probably my favorite game of all time. Such great writing.

I wholeheartedly agree. The game was a total mess when it came out, but I still loved it. Now that the TSLRCM is out, well, nothing is holding it back from greatness.

Sadly, i never played it restored, so i'm really looking forward to it.

Without restoration it had some of the duller sections i've ever seen, so it was something of a mixed bag for me.

YAY! KotOR 2!

OT: I think you should go with a Dark side Sith Guardian and then go with the marauder as a specialty class. That was the first build I went and I had a lot of fun.

Edit: Disregard my last statemnt. I add my vote to Kung-fu Moses.

I vote for a hand to hand consular build with a maxed out charisma, so you can use force lightning.

Also speech skill should be a focus.

Is it bad that I never even realised an echani/kung-fu focussed build was a viable option in this game?

Do that. Totally do that. I've only ever played it with lightsabers because I'm boring :P

AD-Stu:
Is it bad that I never even realised an echani/kung-fu focussed build was a viable option in this game?

Not at all, esoteric builds are a lot more viable in this game than in the original, plus, there's a real sense that the game is mocking you if you go for a standard build, though I'll not spoil the full details of that...

Kung-Fu jedi?

That's how I beat the game... Until I got my glowstick of doom, anyways.

I'd watch that.

*Girlish Squeal*

Been waiting for this for a while. Havn't had time to try the Restoration mod, and I love KOTOR 2 so much.

I choose:
Guardian
Male
Hairy

I don't think anyone played Sith Lords as a male jedi without pick beard-face.

It's just a requirement.

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

My vote is on Sentinel beard face, mainly because it's the same thing that i did the first time i played when the game first came out :)

The Crotch:

It's just a requirement.

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

Seriously, what is it about beard-face? When I played through KOTOR II on the Xbox (oh so many years ago), I went male, and ended up picking beard-face. Is there some kind of subversive mind-fuckery going on that makes it impossible not to pick him?

I always heard more dialogue is unlocked by completing the game with both a light and dark side character, but have never been bothered to do it.
Can anyone confirm if this is true, and whether it's worth doing?

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

The Crotch:

It's just a requirement.

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

Seriously, what is it about beard-face? When I played through KOTOR II on the Xbox (oh so many years ago), I went male, and ended up picking beard-face. Is there some kind of subversive mind-fuckery going on that makes it impossible not to pick him?

Well, what other face would you pick? Every other one looks like shit.

Smeatza:
I always heard more dialogue is unlocked by completing the game with both a light and dark side character, but have never been bothered to do it.
Can anyone confirm if this is true, and whether it's worth doing?

Sorta. The extra dialogue is unlocked by completing the game twice through, I played light-side on both my first playthroughs and ended up with the extra dialogue. It doesn't add to the story, as far as I can remember, it's just some funny extra scenes.

The Crotch:

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

Are you tired of politicians boring your ears off with by talking a whole lot and not doing anything? Are you tired of higher taxes, lower benefits, and other such nonsense? Then vote Kung-Fu moses, the ULTIMATE leader. He'll roundhouse kick the deficit straight in the face!

A vote for Kung-Fu Moses, is a vote for freedom. And Kung-Fu.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

The Crotch:

It's just a requirement.

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

That, and there's the fact that a bunch of the other faces are used for NPCs. I played KotOR II a few weeks ago and chose the Asian-looking male one with long hair. About a dozen NPCs used that same face model (and the first one shows up pretty early in a video log on Peragus). Beardy, however, is a unique beardsnowflake.

It's pretty cringe-inducing to see a dozen of your clones in a game. On a somewhat related note, I also hate how all the Jedi at the end of the first KotOR are that mullet guy. Floating in those tanks, I was almost afraid that Malak's plan was to grow an army of Mulletmen to destroy the universe with kitsch and awkward one-liners.

What do you mean, repeated face models?

That was totally Revan guarding a door on Onderon.

The Crotch:

Hey, it's preferable to what ended up being canon.

(glares angrily at the Revan novel)

woodaba:

The Crotch:

that's why i'm selective about what I consider canon. Basically its just anything mentioned/referenced in the first 2 kotor games, and anything that happens in the movies. That's all I really acknowledge

My vote's for a Kung-fu Sentinel (I was gonna go double-bladed saber but Kung-fu sounds like an awesome way to play it)

Oh, and Beard-face for as the appearance. Always beard-face.

Come on guys, how can you pass up on wielding a lightsaber?
I say single saber because two/double is just too mainstream these days, back to the classics.

And regarding the face, go with Jesus there is no other choice.

Mullet dude=Revan
Jesus=Exile

...I have arrived. Sorry for the delay; I was busy STABBING people. You know, like the Jedi Guardians do?

Well, we're not going to BE a guardian. Because I'm with the Sentinel crowd: skills are where its going to be. Because of the lack of time to test and balance everything, it's pretty easy to break the game wide open regardless of which path you take, so let's have some fun with it.

My vote goes for a Sentinel specializing in unarmed punch-your-face-in action, force buffs, being incredibly charismatic, and skills like Persuasion and Treat injury.

Shadows Risen:
Oh, and Beard-face for as the appearance. Always beard-face.

But beard-face is always overdone.
Can we make him the one mustached black guy model who looks like Lando Calrissian if he were played by Eddie Murphy? Because I would find that amusing.

CAPTCHA: get out

...Or not. Beard-face works too.

woodaba:

The Crotch:

Never read it. What terrible things did they do?

The Crotch:

woodaba:

The Crotch:

Never read it. What terrible things did they do?

SPOILERS FOR KotOR II AHEAD

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

The Crotch:

It's just a requirement.

Vote Kung-Fu Moses.

It is Jesus. Why wouldn't you play as Jesus? That is your subliminal message right there. Now I am going to make a kung-fu jesus too. Also the Exile will never be Meetra Surik he will always be Lanius Salm in my eyes. I name all of my Exiles Lanius Salm, I don't make females because handmaiden kicks way more ass than Disciple.

woodaba:

I've haven't read it either, but after that, I don't want to. I'm quite happy with my KOTOR II memories that Revan was, well, a magnificent bastard and I always viewed the exile as on par with Revan, as a result of that force wound.

woodaba:

So, have you crafted a protagonist for us to mess with yet, woodaba?

C F:

So, have you crafted a protagonist for us to mess with yet, woodaba?

Those are all some very well thought out points. In fact, your description of KotOR III is exactly how I expected it to turn out. They're still some chance that EA/Lucasarts might declare TOR an alternate timeline or some shit (kinda like how DCUO operates) and give us the game we actually want, but then again, that would require anyone at EA or Bioware-In-Name-Only having a brain cell or a soul.

I have not created the character yet, I'm giving it a couple more days in case there's a massive influx of people demanding we play Jedi Taco Salesman, but if that doesn't happen, it looks like Kung-Fu Moses will be brought into existence very soon...

woodaba:
I have not created the character yet, I'm giving it a couple more days in case there's a massive influx of people demanding we play Jedi Taco Salesman, but if that doesn't happen, it looks like Kung-Fu Moses will be brought into existence very soon...

Come on guys! Think of the comical moustach- aww whatever. We're going to end up with Beard-face, aren't we. With this level of devotion, he's practically canon (y'know, aside from the fact she's supposed to a girl, but whatever).

Wow, the models really need identifiable names. If I weren't on my crappy laptop, I could try to crack open the files and say "PMHC08" or whatever, but that's hardly descriptive.

C F:

woodaba:

Come on guys! Think of the comical moustach- aww whatever. We're going to end up with Beard-face, aren't we. With this level of devotion, he's practically canon (y'know, aside from the fact she's supposed to a girl, but whatever).

Wow, the models really need identifiable names. If I weren't on my crappy laptop, I could try to crack open the files and say "PMHC08" or whatever, but that's hardly descriptive.

It's a bit late at night for now, but what I'll do tommorrow is go digging in said game files, and post all the possible faces, so we can better decide what we like best.

While Jedi Taco Salesman sound wonderful, Kung-Fu Jesus is the way to go. Knowing that I can hand to hand combat my way through the game makes me want to go do it on my own. Is is even remotely possible to kung-fu your way in KOTOR 1?

gamptrak:
While Jedi Taco Salesman sound wonderful, Kung-Fu Jesus is the way to go. Knowing that I can hand to hand combat my way through the game makes me want to go do it on my own. Is is even remotely possible to kung-fu your way in KOTOR 1?

Not unless you are mostly using force powers and only sometimes kicking people in the face. The only reason unarmed combat is viable in KotOR 2 is the unarmed mastery perks.

Alright, there's an image of all the male faces up now. If you want to select one you like, then just say the number of the face.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked