Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic II: Update 23: The Dark Side of the Force

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

All right! I vote for the awesome beard. Number 13, I believe. Oh yeah!

I'm voting for 9 because I think it would be funny, but 13's probably going to win it. That hair and beard combo is the best of all the default models.

Alright Woodaba, since we're going with male this time, and we all remember the magnificient bastard that was Jolee Bindo, go with either face 9 or face 10, or face 4/5 from the black males. Lets call it Revenge of the Bindo.

Just a thought there. It also made the "Pulling a Bindo" Joke later on alot more humorous in my head.

I vote #9 as well - second row, second from the right with the sweet sweet moustache :)

Number 13: Kung Fu Moses. There is no other option.

Alright, we're tied: Three for Beard-Face and Three for Captain Mustache. Who shall prevail? If there's no more votes in 24 hours, I'll toss a coin. At either the vote that pips ahead or after the coin toss, I'll create the character, and capture the first footage.

EDIT: Edited to make myself clearer.

I think I remember #9 showing up as a merc commander (maybe on Taris). I could be wrong. #5 shows up everywhere. Some of those faces look Sith-ified already. I like #10. We'd still get a sweet beard face without being Jedi Jesus #2. That's Captain Riiken's face, but I think it actually changes his to another face model if you pick that one.

So I'm for 10

Vote Count

Face 13: 3
Face 9: 3
Face 10: 2

I'm going to cast my vote for #10. As A-D mentioned, he does look like a young Jolee, and I feel that he needs some love after what we did to him in the other playthrough.

Alright, that's it then! Our character is set in stone, and as soon as I finish my session of Dishonored, I'm gonna create our character and get started!

In terms of character build, since this is KotOR II, I suggest maxing dexterity, as once you take the Weapon Finesse feat, it adds to both your defense and offense, and actually makes swapping to pistols a viable option if you want a change of pace (seriously, dual pistols+master speed+force stat boosts can get crazy when you're tired of sabers). You'll never get hit. As for the class, well, Sentinel gives you the skill points you need to unlock all the fun conversations, Consular makes you invincible on account of the force needed to cast Force Wave recharging faster than you can cast it, and Guardian is fun because you get to launch yourself at someone from 100 feet away and cut them in two.

And these guys are right - at early levels, kung-fu Jedi is surprisingly viable, although the attack animations can get a little stale

woodaba:

The Crotch:

woodaba:

No, male, partly because we played a female in the last LP, and partly because I think the story is better as a male, though not for any sexist reasons, just because some of the characters are better for the male PC.

The Handmaiden is way cooler than the Disiple.

On the other hand, you miss out on some dialogue with Scion...

And the dialogue with Atris (a sorely underrated character, in my opinion) is much more interesting with a male...

Valid, but you don't get to flirt with Atton!

putowtin:

woodaba:

The Crotch:
The Handmaiden is way cooler than the Disiple.

On the other hand, you miss out on some dialogue with Scion...

And the dialogue with Atris (a sorely underrated character, in my opinion) is much more interesting with a male...

The other problem with playing female is Disciple's combat dialog... which being a screenshot LP we don't have to listen to, but I'd feel really bad inflicting it on woodaba all the same

*first time*

"You have left me an opening!!!"
*sniggers - heh heh heh, he said...*

*forty millionth time*

"You have left me an..."
"OH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!"

:P

AD-Stu:

putowtin:

woodaba:

The other problem with playing female is Disciple's combat dialog... which being a screenshot LP we don't have to listen to, but I'd feel really bad inflicting it on woodaba all the same

*first time*

"You have left me an opening!!!"
*sniggers - heh heh heh, he said...*

*forty millionth time*

"You have left me an..."
"OH SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!"

:P

Never in all my female exile play-throughs (and we're talking 30+ play-throughs) have I used the disciple in my team.... he's just too bloody annoying!

I vote for face thirteen.

Please don't pick the bearded white jedi, or at least lets NOT name him Kung-Fu Moses.

Reminds me too much of Jedi Jesus from the Something Awful LP of this game (without the TSLRCM) where the LPer spends the whole LP bitching about the cut content.

Let's at least try to be original peeps. lol.

FitScotGaymer:
Please don't pick the bearded white jedi, or at least lets NOT name him Kung-Fu Moses.

Reminds me too much of Jedi Jesus from the Something Awful LP of this game (without the TSLRCM) where the LPer spends the whole LP bitching about the cut content.

A valid concern but let me offer what I believe is an equally valid response: There are no other good looking male faces. Seriously the rest look like shit.

I vote face #10.

I don't really have a strong face preference...I'm mainly just dropping in to say that ever since I saw this, I can only read this thread as "ERMAHGERD SERTH LERDS".

Yeah i don't really see a point to playing as a female exile in kotor 2 as you miss out on one of the best characters in the game, and are forced to take along the worst one instead.

sage42:

FitScotGaymer:

A valid concern but let me offer what I believe is an equally valid response: There are no other good looking male faces. Seriously the rest look like shit.

There is one head mod - called Breach (or is it Wound?) in the Force. And its fricking awesome; especially the dark side transition of it.

Also OP; download the Movie Style Dark Side Transitions mod.

Update 1: Tell me if you've heard this one before...

Jolee's long lost cousin!!! i like it!!!

I wonder if jolee's relative will have the same tendencies to be greyish light like him. Time will tell.

Also T3!! One of the best improvements

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

KOTOR II becomes such a better game when you have all the dialogue options open to you. It's like Planescape. The joy of the game isn't in the combat, but in the phenomenal writing the developers put into it. If you want to do the game justice, make sure you go for dialogue wherever possible. It puts to shame practically anything else in the Star Wars setting.

I'm only in the beginning of the game and I am just amazed at how good the dialogue is. Simply amazed. I remember playing some of the old Adventure DOS games back in the days which depended on good writing, and KOTOR2 just reminds me of that, except it was 10x better. The thing is that I thought KOTOR was a great game, I was truly immersed in the game world while playing KOTOR, but now playing KOTOR 2, I realized how simple, bland, black-and-white everything was in the first game. TSL just takes it to another level.

Here are a couple of moments that just did it for me.

1. The first conversation with Atton in the cage. That one really made me think about which option I should pick. And the dialogue was witty, awesome, better than any convo you had with Carth.

2. The first conversation with HK-50 in Peragus. That was fun as hell, and creepy at the same time, how a droid like that just suddenly appears, and has the same voice as HK-47. The dialogue was brilliant, and the same voice actor really sold it.

3. The first cutscene where you see Darth Sion. Gave me the chills. That really had me worried, I thought I had to fight him.

4. Unexpected Carth cutscenes. Totally didn't expect this. The funny thing is, he's much more likable here than he ever was in the first KOTOR.

5. The moment you meet Atris in the secret Jedi base. The writing here is better than ANYTHING in the first KOTOR (and the game has barely even begun). All the dialogue options were so intriguing I seriously didn't know which one to pick. It was just amazing. The dialogue really made me think as to what the hell is happening, and that things are about to get really, really bad from now on. The character development for the Exile is just amazing. I never thought that he that type of guy...wow. And Handmaiden, from the interaction with her, and explaining the force to her, I can just tell she's going to be an awesome character.

6. Kreia and talking with her. She's just a flawlessly written character. Even though she can be annoying. The things she say to you, just make you question why you were ever a Jedi in the first place. And plus, you learn more about Revan and Malak from her than you ever did in the first game. Revan even feels like a main character here, they talk about him every chance they get.

7. The game gives you perfectly sound reasons to go dark side. It gives you every right to be jerks to your companions. Because other than Bao-Dur, I don't trust anyone on my team. Even Kreia subtly pushes you to the dark side, now that is just awesome.

With all that, there are 2 things that bothered me a little. They might be explained or not but probably went over my head.

1. Why did you land on Peragus in the first place anyways? I know T3 fixed the ship, but he couldn't have picked any other planet/station to land on? Peragus was the only thing in existence? Was this explained?

2. How the heck did Kreia survive the fight with Darth Sion AND get to the ship in time? I think there was a dialogue option so that she can explain but I think I missed it??

Bob Bindo. Excellent.

This is such a glorious start, and I love what you're doing with the characters this time around. I mean, KotOR was good, but II just has so much more potential. This is going to be a long and awesome LP.

Let's rock.

Evolutionary High:

With all that, there are 2 things that bothered me a little. They might be explained or not but probably went over my head.

1. Why did you land on Peragus in the first place anyways? I know T3 fixed the ship, but he couldn't have picked any other planet/station to land on? Peragus was the only thing in existence? Was this explained?

2. How the heck did Kreia survive the fight with Darth Sion AND get to the ship in time? I think there was a dialogue option so that she can explain but I think I missed it??

I'm not really sure the answer to your second question. I think it's just Sion just allowing her to leave because she wasn't really seen as a threat. And seeing her limp away after seeing her fail to stop him could give him some satisfaction. That could be it.

As for your first question, I'm pretty sure I know it. T3 did minor repairs to the ship (getting engines back online), but the hyperspace drive was still damaged, so they couldn't make a jump anywhere. Seeing as they only had engine capabilities, and they were in the vicinity of the Peragus mining station, and the mining station is the only thing around for quite a while (the closest thing would be Telos, and you need hyperdrive to get there) they had to dock there.

Love it love it love it, can't wait for more. And yeah, the kung fu freeze frames definitely have the potential for unintended hilarity :)

Bob Bindo owns Meetra Surik already.

Fun Fact: After you beat the game and play again, then ask Atton who he is, you get him saying "I was slated for Jedi Knight but I don't wanna talk about it." Or something like that.

sage42:
Fun Fact: After you beat the game and play again, then ask Atton who he is, you get him saying "I was slated for Jedi Knight but I don't wanna talk about it." Or something like that.

Indeed, though, that's not the best part.

Bob Bindo... loving it so far.

Is HanHarr worth getting? (yeah, I accidentally read a post about there being a Wookie in KOTOR2 as well, so I had to look it up)

I hear that he's like the most badass Wookie of all time. I'm just a teetering on LS so turning to DS wouldn't be too hard.

Evolutionary High:
Is HanHarr worth getting? (yeah, I accidentally read a post about there being a Wookie in KOTOR2 as well, so I had to look it up)

I hear that he's like the most badass Wookie of all time. I'm just a teetering on LS so turning to DS wouldn't be too hard.

HanHarr is a fascinating character, who really makes you think of the bond between Zaalbar and the Protagonist of the last game. I like the other character as well, particularly for spurning one particular WRPG convention I can't stand, and for being generally a Badass. But, honestly, I'd say that Hanharr is the more interesting character.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked