The Walking Dead: Episode 4 Thread (MEGA-SPOILERS)

Oddly, I haven't seen any thread talking about this, so I'm making one. What were your thoughts on this episode? What choices did you make, and in the end who's coming with you to save Clementine?

Personally, this series just keeps getting better with each installment. I liked that there were more action minigames in this one, instead of just press Q then tap E that the other episodes had. The story was f'ing amazing, and I've got to admit I cried more than once during it.

The part where you couldn't find Clementine in the house, then you find her in the shed with a boat was one of the most tense moments for me in a non-horror game. I dropped Ben, and now I really regret it. There's never been a game before that has made me regret a choice I made that isn't simply "Oh crap, I got a stat-debuff or I don't like not having this gameplay element". The part where you make Clementine cry was one of the most heart-crushing moments in gaming ever, it just goes to show how well the game has made you care for Clem.

since lee is bite im assuming the seccond season of the walking dead game is not going to involve lee unless he cut his hand off which personally i would like to see if he goes that far. But i believe telltale have hit the roof with how far you can make players feel depressed/sad.

Ryanrulez5:
since lee is bite im assuming the seccond season of the walking dead game is not going to involve lee unless he cut his hand off which personally i would like to see if he goes that far. But i believe telltale have hit the roof with how far you can make players feel depressed/sad.

I don't think cutting your hand off would work, the infection is already in his blood so he's fucked haha.

OT: I've got Ben,Christa and Omid coming with me, kenny abandoned me the asshole!

Toasty Virus:
OT: I've got Ben,Christa and Omid coming with me, kenny abandoned me the asshole!

I have never been as ticked off at a video game character as I was at Kenny!

In the spirit of prompting more discussion of Ep. 4, because I'd like to read more people's experiences on it: here's what I posted in one of the other two TWK: Episode 4 threads:

fuzzy logic:

Walking Dead could very well end up my GOTY. A lot my posts are really long these days; sorry about that.

I guess I'll add that the game is great. I have not enjoyed an Adventure game this much since Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die--oddly, I don't like any of the other Sam & Max's I've tried and I don't like point-and-click adventure games in general. This game and Dishonored are tied for my GOTY right now.

Toasty Virus:

Ryanrulez5:
*snip*

I don't think cutting your hand off would work, the infection is already in his blood so he's fucked haha.

OT: God I love this game. I hate the month wait between each episode and I find myself checking Steam tens of times a day when the new episode is about to come out

Same, I dropped Ben but I kinda regretted it later.
I mean he was one useless motherfucker, but he's still a human.

I didn't feel that at all with Duck though <_<

Curious to see what they're gonna do with his hand, personally I would've chopped it off right away.

Toasty Virus:

Ryanrulez5:

If you watch the TV show you know being bitten and being infected dont have the relationship you would assume they did. Trust me hope isnt out for Lee yet.

Still think its the germs & bacteria in the zombie that does them, if they quickly clean the wound & take meds it might help. pretty sure they didn't give duck anything other then food & water :/

I loved the episode and got everyone possible to come with me.

What I am not loving though is the amount of issues I am suffering. One is rather minor, the brightness settings return to default every time I start the game. Not hard to deal with.

However I've had the game lose my progress when I was halfway through episode 4, meaning I had to restart from the beginning of episode 1.

When I finally did finish episode 4, I used the "Rewind" feature to load the Penultimate checkpoint to see the scene where they all come with me again. However this time, despite me saying the same things I could not get Kenny to come with me.

After the scene was over, I checked the stats on my save and was highly annoyed to discover that, with the exception of four, all my choices had become the opposite of what I'd actually done.

I really do love this game but save issues like this are really putting me off picking up the final episode. Do I really want to play through all previous episode again only to discover that the game has decided to remove my progress or change my timeline.

Edit: This is on the Xbox 360.

The only thing that's annoying the crap out of me is the fact that there's no AZERTY keyboard option.
Besides that I'm really enjoying this, it really captures the atmosphere of the comics perfectly.

Episode 4 was alright but quite frankly it didn't make me sad enough. I DEMAND MOAR TEARS!

I brought everyone with me. I nearly dropped Ben but then it occurred to me that he is a well meaning muppett who constantly fucks up so he is basically me. Letting him drop to his death when I had the option to save him struck me as a little too existential for my liking.

Besides, Lee is the warm centre of light that everyone else revolves around. Gotta save them all!

Strangely though, this made me feel kind of antipathetic about Lee's getting bitten. I'm always trying to save other people so it feels bad when I'm unable to. Saving myself just seems kind of trivial.

Also I work in HR and it always annoys me that nobody in TWD wears the correct PPE for dealing with bitey things so I was also a bit smug.

I dropped Ben, mainly as I felt he was becoming a liability to the group and I feel that I could utilise Kenny more in combat as he has nothing to live for (Although, freezing up at the sight of a child.. could be an issue)
Plus Ben placed the group in danger back at the lodge- and got carly killed :( (The biggest WTF moment I've ever had in a game perhaps) Also the cancer survivor would have survived if he hadn't done that. He was also riddled with guilt - I thought Kenny would kill him anyway.

It was quite tense when the "shadowed" character appeared. I knew it was going to happen due to the trailer, but was really well done!
Also fairly tense when I couldn't find clem at the house - Once again due to Ben being useless.

I think Kenny is a large liability too, I would much have prefered the new girl to stick around- I ended up having Kenny, Omid & Christa with me.

I also chose to shout "Your fucking dead" down the walkie-talkie too - Maybe not the best move?
I must admit, I wasn't expecting the bite. Well played TellTale. I don't think we have had a character bitten yet that hasn't immediately been devoured?

It's odd as I have developed my Lee character from someone who cared about everyone and wanted to make decisions for the better of the group to someone who just wants to help Clem/Himself - I kind of regret not agreeing to search for her parents though, did anyone directly pick this option?

I managed to nab all five members to join me.

I'm giving my all to save Clem, bite or no. Kenny owes me for Duck.

I'M COMING CLEM. YOU'RE GONNA BE OKAY. I SWEAR.

Not reading, not reading...

It's out? Fuck yes. Must play this week. YAY!

I enjoyed it a lot.

I was sad that Molly didn't come with, I took a liking to her survival abilities and saw a major asset there.

I dropped Ben BECAUSE I wanted Molly to come with on the boat...that kinda didn't work out, but I didn't feel bad because after Ben got Carley killed, he was completely disposable to me and I was looking for any excuse to ditch him. I'm just happy the game gave me the chance.

I got Kenny, Omid, and Christa to all come with me, probably would have had Ben too...but as stated, I wouldn't have wanted him to come along anyway.

As others have said, the moment when Clem is missing...probably one of the most tense moments I've had in awhile, the music, the voice acting...perfection.

My biggest regret is that all along I've been honest with EVERYONE all game....and the one time I lied to Clem about searching for her parents again (if only to soften the loss of Ben for her), she gets taken...so my last words to her were a lie. I feel terrible about that.

The only BAD thing was that somehow my save got screwed up when I downloaded this one. I had to start from scratch. :(

I let Ben die and told Kenny to go fuck himself so just Omid and Christa coming with me, very happy to get rid of the two most annoying characters ever. I can definitely see Lee giving his life for Clementine The Road style since he is now pretty screwed with the zombie scratch. Either that or he will meet someone with a cure but I don't think that's likely. Also the final episode will definitely (hopefully anyway) clear up Lee's past, the whole murdering his wife's lover thing. I think it would be great if it turned out that Lee really did murder the guy out of anger for sleeping with his wife, as it makes his relationship with Clementine even more significant as he has changed from a murderer to a loving parent.

I just finished it and its shows. there are no happy endings just survival and trying to keep your humanity.

Ya know, i really dont like kids, but Clem seems to be changing that

wabbbit:
I don't think we have had a character bitten yet that hasn't immediately been devoured?

Duckman.

spartandude:
Ya know, i really dont like kids, but Clem seems to be changing that

Agreed. She still happens to be the only one so far though

Episode 4, if anything, reaffirmed my utter hatred for Ben. The guy is a walking fuck-up. He's indirectly killed more people in this show than the zombies have. Seriously, I think a Walker is a safer bet than Ben right now. That said, I still chose not to let him fall to his death, but I chose not to bring him with me in order to save Clem. I have a gut feeling he'll probably do something important if you bring him along, but.....I mean...its goddamn Ben.

That scene where...

I predicted the Lee getting bit, it's the cliche emotional ending where he dies and can only hope to have influenced Clementine to be better. It'll probably end with Clem shooting him as he becomes a zombie.

so, I didn't; and nobody else I've seen play it did, but; did anybody check the garbage first? there has to be a way to avoid that happening, right? I had pretty much the exact same reaction as Kenny when that happened.

Toasty Virus:

Ryanrulez5:
since lee is bite im assuming the second season of the walking dead game is not going to involve lee unless he cut his hand off which personally i would like to see if he goes that far. But i believe telltale have hit the roof with how far you can make players feel depressed/sad.

Actually for some infections amputation is a way to get rid of it but I have no idea if it will work in this case but it would make sense both ways. On the 1 hand it has already showed you that they are all already infected with the virus so when they die they turn. On the other hand it is quite possible that the walkers bite/scratch is deadly for some reason in a way that can not be cured o amputated away. Also although the TV show has just done something similar and it may or may not work out for them this in not the TV series. So keep in mind the TV series is far different then the game and so that does not mean anything. In the end I guess the only people who know the answer are the games developers and we will not know until the developers let us know which probably wont be till episode 5.

Sorry for resurrecting a couple week old thread but I only just downloaded and played episode 4 and I wanted to say...

as for why lee didnt chop off his arm. if he did it could be days before he is able to go find clem assuming he doesnt die from it or the infection

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked