It's the gamepocalypse, you can only save one game!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Damn it I'm tied between Bauldars Gate 2, Mass Effect 2, Ultima IV, Ultima V, System Shock 2, Deus Ex Human Revolutions, and Wing Commander. DAMN YOU JACK THOMPSON!!!!

Dark Cloud 2.
Neverending weapon upgrading and spheda.

It makes sense to choose a game that is massive, has many options/choices, numerous different replays, loads of DLC added to it....so I'm going to choose Fallout: New Vegas.

Having just one game forever, means I would want it to last right?

Tetris.
Anybody can play it and it can go on forever.

Hmm...Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: TTYD, or Wind Waker...

Decisions, decisions...

recurve6:
Pokemon. You can put so many hours training, breeding, trading, battling....and you don't even notice. The competitive scene helps a lot to keep the lifespan long, too.

What competitive scene and trading?

It's the only game left in existence. One game. One. You will have the only copy left. That means you'll only have the vanilla Pokemon journey.

In which case, I'd have to go for Soul Silver. That one is the longest of any of the games, having two different regions and the largest number of catchable monsters, pre-and-post game.

Would an Action Replay for my DS count as a game as well? Because if not, I'd be able to use any Pokemon I wanted. There was one time where I swapped all of the Johtodex numbered monsters for other regions, along with switching my starters, doing some runs using only one type like Grass or Normals, and there's always Nuzlocke challenges.

Captcha: More Better.

Yeah, which is why I chose it.

Either Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2) or Pokemon.

I lean towards Pokemon more because it has virtually everything a game could want - story, choice of teams, multiplayer optional, great music, and things you can do away from the main story.

Meanwhile, Secret of Mana just has awesomeness in every conceivable form.

So.....tough choice, actually. Hrm.

Mount and Blade, no hesitation. Even vanilla only it's awesome and more open ended than any other game I've ever played.

I would probably save either Deus Ex, or Zelda OoT. You've got to remember, the point of saving the one game isn't so you can play it. It's so you have a place to start from when rebuilding games as a whole. What better way to begin anew than with one of the deepest and most complex games ever made?

In the meantime, we hunt down Jack Thompson and recalibrate his device to permanently eliminate his balls.

Ah, shit. Why's it always up to me? I'M NOT GOOD AT MAKING SUCH DECISIONS!!!! GAAAAH!

Quick, HL2 and its affiliates! If we control the Source code, we can adapt it to any future games!
If not, we lose Valve's entire programming system. And that could be considerably bad, seeing as how they make considerably good games.

I'm picking Dwarf Fortress for maximal replayability and modding.

I'd be leaning towards Pokemon, but I'm trying to work out which generation (not to mention that they're made in pairs... Damn you, Nintendo!) First gen in Kanto was the classic, and perhaps that should be preserved? But second gen had both Kanto & Johto, and was just so much improved. On the other hand, 3rd gen in Hoenn had more improvements, and still stood relatively well on it's own... Remakes are also tempting, but fuck any of the new ones from 4th gen onwards, they're acceptable as a continuation of a series, but not as the sole surviving game in existence.

So, solitaire.

It's tough, either Final Fantasy VII, or Secret of Mana.

Or Wizball (The Atari ST version).

Or Dungeon Master (Atari ST version again).

Oblivion or Skyrim, sure they might not be the best games ever but they are definitely the games I have put the most hours in(200+ in Skyrim, probably more in Oblivion) and I can just keep playing them.

None, if all games but one were to be destroyed, I would rather all of them burn so we can just start over.

At the same instant I finished reading this thread topic, one game popped in my head.

The game I will save? If you haven't played this, you don't like good great wonderful and amazing games!

I'm totally not a fanboy *cough*

Dragon Age: Origins

Yep. That game has the most playthroughs of all my games. And I'm often itching to go back to it but then I feel guilty over my other games...

Mangles69:
It makes sense to choose a game that is massive, has many options/choices, numerous different replays, loads of DLC added to it....so I'm going to choose Fallout: New Vegas.

Having just one game forever, means I would want it to last right?

Agreed, but let us clarify that we'd like to save Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.

Although, I'd actually feel more obliged to save Civilization V with the Gods and Kings expansion. Endless replayability and strategy!

ET for the Atari 2600. Because if they all can't survive, none can.

Or Skyrim.

Half-Life 2. Let them wonder at would could possibly have happened before (and make lame prequels that will never be as good as the real Half-Life).

Oh no... I can't possibly choose just one. I'd have trouble even narrowing down to 10 for so many reasons. Let alone that whatever game I chose would likely be extremely selfish, and not necessarily appealing to a wide demographic, but I wouldn't even know where to start in terms of what would objectively be the best game to chose as the "last" game.

I almost posted a massive list of games I like, but I suppose that defeats the purpose of this thread in that only "1" could remain.

solemnwar:
Dragon Age: Origins

Yep. That game has the most playthroughs of all my games. And I'm often itching to go back to it but then I feel guilty over my other games...

Seconded. It's sad, really.

Though I would be miserable without the Fallout games, too. :(

Persona 4,
because if one video game could save the earth from the gamepocolypse, it would have to be a game that uses the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

I'm going to be original here and say...Max Payne 3. Why? Because I like it and couldn't care less what anybody else thinks.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri. It is the best 4X game, turn based strategy and I need to play it right now.

Halo 2, accessible but incredibly deep multiplayer. Along with a fun story, and well designed campaign levels.

Probably Star Wars: Battlefront 2, since it's the game I've put the most time into without ever getting tired of it.

DJ_DEnM:
I want to say Borderlands 2, but I don't want future generations to think all games were cel-shaded shooters.

I have to agree with OP And say Wind Waker.

This is my exact opinion. Wind Waker is such a great game and it's art style ages quite well. My favorite in the series for sure. But ya currently my favorite game is Borderlands 2.

Homeworld, followed closely by X3: Reunion, with an honorable mention to Alpha Centari

Alcamonic:
I would say Minecraft. Simply because it's so much more than a game, it's very educational and improves your creative side.

Agreed, as long as we can mod it. Vanilla is nice an all but with mods you can make Minecraft into anything you want, along with making it purdy to look at.

But for something more conventional I would go with Civ IV, replay value and Leonard Nimoy.

I would hands down pick Bastion.

Not only would it's flawless storytelling create legends as to what the other games could have been, it also appeals to a large demographic. It can be childishly easy, or ball-wrenchingly hard. Depending on what the player wants.

It would be the best legacy game to hand down.

It would have to:

-be fun (obvs)
-be easy to pick up and play
-have tons of varied gameplay
-have an engaging story
-cater to different playstyles
-have tons of replay value

so I'd have to go with Skyrim. It's not my favorite game (Bioshock, Borderlands 1 and 2, Persona 3 and 4, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando and Resident Evil 4 top it), but it has all the qualities I mentioned in greater quantities than any other game I've played.

Well there are 2 schools of thought on this. I could pick MY favorite game, or I could pick the game that will be the ONLY game left for EVERYONE.

Luckily the compromise is easy: Tetris

Anyone can play it, most people can get its appeal even if they find it personally boring. If we had to show one game to people 200 years from now as an example of how we wasted our time, I would rather it be Tetris than a game like Borderlands 2 whose pop culture and meme references were stale over a year before the game was released.

Not that future generations can't learn all they need to know about us from gazing at Moxxie's tits, but unless Tetris pieces are falling into her cleavage its not much of a game.

On that note I got a great idea for Borderlands 2 DLC...

Alcamonic:
I would say Minecraft. Simply because it's so much more than a game, it's very educational and improves your creative side.

Agreed, it would hold a lot of appeal, and it's easy to get into if you've never played a game before as well.

It's one of those games that's only as good as your imagination allows it to be.

Fallout 3 or Quake 2. I'd have a really hard time choosing, but I'd lean towards Fallout 3, since the modding community is more developed and the game far less dated (although Quake 2 is in my top 5 games of all time).

Super Metroid.

Puzzles, Platforming, Shooter, Adventure, teensy-bit RPG (although mostly just in the form of upgrades), and fun as hell.

Other acceptable candidates are successive 2d sidescrolling Metroid games (as those have all been pretty solid; the 3d ones are all over the place though).

For troll value? hmmmmmmmm
IWTBTG (I want to be the guy, google it). Fuck you future, fuck you. Now only the koreans will be able to master the difficult lost art of gaming.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked