Warhammer 40k invades Family Circus

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is the October 31st 2012 Family Circus comic strip.

[1] : http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/familycircus/s-1223354
[2] : The comic section of my newspaper.

I for one welcome our new Imperial Overlords. And what do you think of this, fellow Escapists?

I spent nearly 2 hours unboggling my mind after I read that in the paper at work today. Clearly these are the end of days.

Aren't you a little short for an Astartes?

The Youth have good taste, can't beat the SPESS MEHRENS.

Also, when adults were growing up, Ghost meant everything, Kids these days know ghosts other then a blanket sheet.

Geo Da Sponge:
Aren't you a little short for an Astartes?

My little space marine, my little space marine.....

Diablo1099:
Also, when adults were growing up, Ghost meant everything, Kids these days know ghosts other then a blanket sheet.

Hey Diablo, nice avatar. Anyways, what is that supposed to mean?

Zen Toombs:
Hey Diablo, nice avatar. Anyways, what is that supposed to mean?

Consider a child from like say the 70's or so to a kid today.
70's Kid wants to dress up as a Zombie.
Today's Kid wants to dress up as a Type of Zombie.
With Wikipedia and everything else on the internet, Kids have more knowledge of monsters and thus more things to dress as.
In this case though, Guy just wants to Cosplay as a Space Marine, Can't say I blame him, Da Armour!

As for the Avatar, was running a Slenderman Arc on Avatar Adventure in time for Halloween, Think it fits the bill.

Now all we need is for Garfield to burn his owner for heresy and all of comicstripdom will at last know His glory-For the Emperor!

D'awwwwww, the littlest space marine. It could be the basis of a feel good family film, where he makes friends with a kiddie Iron Warrior. They keep sneaking out to play together even though their chapter master and war master forbid it and end up becoming the best of friends.

Then an inquisitor comes and burns them both, because this is the 41st millennium where not even the children are safe.

Geth Reich:
Now all we need is for Garfield to burn his owner for heresy and all of comicstripdom will at last know His glory-For the Emperor!

Naww, Garfield clearly plays Tyranid, Hagar the Horrible is Orks, and Charlie Brown's army is solely composed of lasgun Imperial Guard units, and nothing else.

Hero in a half shell:

Geth Reich:

Naww, Garfield clearly plays Tyranid, Hagar the Horrible is Orks, and Charlie Brown's army is solely composed of lasgun Imperial Guard units, and nothing else.

While I can definitely see the Imperium dropping Charlie Brown and co into the Eye of Terror and saying "Good luck" (Snoopy being a Thunderbolt fighter-ace naturally) how is Garfield a Nid player? Because all I can think of are spaghetti shaped Rippers......make it so Forgeworld!

Geth Reich:

Hero in a half shell:

Geth Reich:

While I can definitely see the Imperium dropping Charlie Brown and co into the Eye of Terror and saying "Good luck" (Snoopy being a Thunderbolt fighter-ace naturally) how is Garfield a Nid player? Because all I can think of are spaghetti shaped Rippers......make it so Forgeworld!

OM NOM NOM NOM!

Nom nom nom...

Nom nom...

How is he not?

P.S. I love the idea that Snoopy would not only survive in the 40K universe, but thrive in it.

He's not nearly BALD AND FOOLISH enough to be a Blud Rahven.

That is amazing. Freaking. Amazing. Is that really the comic, or did an editor at the paper pull a fast one? Tarkus is a damn good choice, too. "No... there is much left to say. And I will break my silence to say it!"

And so jeffy became a BATTLE BRUTHA! A SPEES MAHREN!

This can only be to the glory of the EMPRAH.

Ah. The Bloody Magpies.
I sure hope everyone knows the story of how Bjorn the Fell Handed was 'transferred'to their chapter.
Sufficient to say that the Blud Rehvens' skills with paint are limited.

Combine Rustler:
Ah. The Bloody Magpies.
I sure hope everyone knows the story of how Bjorn the Fell Handed was 'transferred'to their chapter.

Oh come on, we all know the whole point that the Blud Rahvens joined the Liberation Fleet in Space Marine was so that they could "liberate" the Manufactorum of their Titans.

Soviet Heavy:

Combine Rustler:
Ah. The Bloody Magpies.

Oh come on, we all know the whole point that the Blud Rahvens joined the Liberation Fleet in Space Marine was so that they could "liberate" the Manufactorum of their Titans.

In my head everytime I see that scene where Titus meets the Blood Ravens I imagine him patting down his own pockets after he walks away "yeah, keys, wallet, Thunderhawk Keys..... phew"

TheMadTypist:
That is amazing. Freaking. Amazing. Is that really the comic, or did an editor at the paper pull a fast one?

That's really the comic. It was in my newspaper, and was also the posted comic on the sites that newspaper comics are posted online.

Bloody Magpies!

Ahh well, at least it wasn't an Ultra Smurf.

Well that is certainly a surprise. Would love to see the little space marine.

His mum will have to drive him around in her METAL BAWKS.

I want to know what that kid is doing playing Warhammer 40K.

BLood Ravens? Pfft. Would earn more points if he wanted to go as a White Scar or Iron Hand

TheMadTypist:

And so jeffy became a BATTLE BRUTHA! A SPEES MAHREN!

This can only be to the glory of the EMPRAH.

I'm not exactly expert on W40K, but I don't think humans are supposed to sound like orks

Awesome joke, but why Tarkus? His fine blonde hair is more fitting for a certain other Blood Raven ;).

blackrave:
I'm not exactly expert on W40K, but I don't think humans are supposed to sound like orks

That kid has his priorities right. No corruption by those puny Dark Gods here!

Nouw:
Awesome joke, but why Tarkus? His fine blonde hair is more fitting for a certain other Blood Raven ;)

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tarkus

But Tarkus is clearly the best and most consistently badass of the 4th!

Too much focus on the Blood Ravens thanks in part to the DoW series. Bring back Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels !

Awesome. Just... awesome. :D

Also, the little tyke might want to think twice about dressing up that way, he might draw attention to himself. After all, isn't he about the age kids are inducted into chapters as aspirants? xD

Sangnz:
Too much focus on the Blood Ravens thanks in part to the DoW series. Bring back Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels !

Im with you on that one
It's eater the ravens or the smurfs
There's about 1000 chapters why dose it always have to be the same two

Wait, wait, not only was it 40k that made it into the cartoon but a 40k video game? My mind is...boggled.

Nouw:
Awesome joke, but why Tarkus? His fine blonde hair is more fitting for a certain other Blood Raven ;)

Force commander Hair-etic? But then he'd be a supected traitor and therefore awesome

Besides Tarkus is pretty badass and probably my favourite squad member.

To quote 1d4chan (the /tg/ wiki):

1d4chan:
Tarkus is the old veteran - the one that has seen it all, endured the crucible of war, and emerged with his humanity tempered. In a universe filled with grimdark, Tarkus is the exception to the rule, pushing forward with genuine concern for his fellow marines and leaving the universe that much brighter with each bolter shell he fires.

Tarkus is a Sergeant of the Blood Ravens chapter, and he's been in every war they've fought since the first Dawn of War. He's so fucking awesome he (wears a helmet in Retribution) just uses his awesome baldness to deflect bullets in the first two games. Also, he can be exceedingly loyal. Using chaos to fuck chaos up? That takes balls, and to not truly fall to chaos while using it? Cast-Iron Ferric balls, man. Cast-Iron Ferric balls.

Hero in a half shell:

Geth Reich:

Hero in a half shell:

OM NOM NOM NOM!

Nom nom nom...

Nom nom...

How is he not?

P.S. I love the idea that Snoopy would not only survive in the 40K universe, but thrive in it.

Well, when you put it like that he does look like a certain Great Devourer.....

Hero in a half shell:

Geth Reich:

Hero in a half shell:

OM NOM NOM NOM!

Nom nom nom...

Nom nom...

How is he not?

Dilbert's probably a Necron player, those hippies at Doonesbury are Tau... Who is missing?

Thunderous Cacophony:

Hero in a half shell:

Geth Reich:

OM NOM NOM NOM!

Nom nom nom...

Nom nom...

How is he not?

Dilbert's probably a Necron player, those hippies at Doonesbury are Tau... Who is missing?

Cathy (or is it Kathy) as sisters comes to my mind.

I think I'm the only one finding it odd that this joke was made by the creators of The Family Circus, two of the most overtly conservative Christians on the planet. This is the same comic that show the family praying before the cross every year on Easter.

And yet, a joke about a universe with a God-Emperor where everyone religious are basically zealous crusaders that would make the people of the Spanish Inquisition blush.

It just seems really, really, odd to me.

First response: Wat
Second response: Was this a mail-in? I don't see how this is not.
Third response and final response: Ave, Imperator, and Glory to Him on Earth.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked