Assassin's Creed 3 ending

Well that was craptastic. The last memory ends with a chase. A short chase that is just like the 15 other chases in the game.

And then the Desmond thing which made no bloody sense, but then why would it start making sense now. So what did you guys think of the ending?

And to anyone who has finished it is it worth me playing the epilogue as I find Connor beyond irritating (mostly because he is a complete dumb ass, some of the things he does in the game go beyond stupid) and I don't really care for any of the other characters.

Huh, I actually liked the ending. I thought it was the only one that did make sense. The epilogue is only a couple of cutscenes. It only takes about 5 minutes, but afterwards you can start unlocking cheats, which is kinda fun.

I was actually expecting a moral choice at the end with Desmond. You're given two very different, very shitty options and you had to decide which one sucked the least. But that didn't happen, which I can understand and I know why. They wanted to finish off Desmond, they wanted to move on. And seems to me, Juno will be the next big villain of the AC series.

I actually quite liked the ending, did seem a bit anti-climatic but it was for the most part 'personal'. I also really liked Connor, okay he's not as entertaining as Ezio, but he was a believable character, and an honest person. I'll be frank, doing all the homestead missions was fantastic, and the end of that did actually make me cry. Take that for what you will.

Yassen:
I was actually expecting a moral choice at the end with Desmond. You're given two very different, very shitty options and you had to decide which one sucked the least. But that didn't happen, which I can understand and I know why. They wanted to finish off Desmond, they wanted to move on. And seems to me, Juno will be the next big villain of the AC series.

I actually quite liked the ending, did seem a bit anti-climatic but it was for the most part 'personal'. I also really liked Connor, okay he's not as entertaining as Ezio, but he was a believable character, and an honest person. I'll be frank, doing all the homestead missions was fantastic, and the end of that did actually make me cry. Take that for what you will.

I'm with you, it was just screaming setup-for-moral-choice and in the end, NOPE.
As for my opinion of the ending. I thought it was okay, I was content. I expected a closing of the book and I guess I was half-right, Desmond's story is over. In a way I guess it makes both the people who wanted the series to end and the people who want more AC happy.
I think the games are going to run parallel with the real world from here on out. They seemed to want the whole "2012 in the game and the real world" thing mean something, and now that that's over I see them going into into 2013 (just like we are) with this "well, what comes next?" attitude seeing as the game world and the real one survived the apocalypse.
Well, at least the game one has so far...

The ending wasn't great, but it wasn't offensive, either. I knew going in that this had to be some sort of conclusion, and I was partially correct.
The epilogue is just a series of cutscenes introducing more moral grey area for Connor to mull about (woo!), and very poorly describing the new pivot feature, which is more confusing than the plot of the game itself.

Connor's ending is...well, I guess I was expecting a happier ending, but I can't fault it on those grounds. But come on, couldn't he have gotten *some* kind of a break? He failed to protect his people, his mentor is dead, and he just generally has no more purpose. Of course the French Revolution is going on and that's certainly a possibility for a future game, so who knows?

I was perfectly satisfied with Desmond's ending. It wrapped up his story arc and finally cleared up the remaining mysteries yet clearly left things open for future games.

PhunkyPhazon:
He failed to protect his people, his mentor is dead, and he just generally has no more purpose.

his purpose is to rekindle and lead the assassin order in america. this is sort of pointed out by juno when she says "leading is for later, now you must follow" or whatever she says when she talks to him through that piece of eden, and also connor himself, after achilles dies and he promises that he will make him proud

I saw the ending coming. Not Desmond dying, mind you (and I don't think he's really dead given where he is), but Juno turning out to be a bad guy. There were too many hints, both subtle and in-your-face, that said Juno was evil. The whole, "I'm your enemy" message was just the final nail in the coffin for me, but I figured it out long ago. I'm curious to see who the new hero will be, assuming they don't bring Desmond back.
What if the next game has the Templars and Assassins working together to stop her? Or if the whole game is from the Templar point of view?

It was good. I was expecting something a little more epic in scale to wrap up a wickedly odd and sci-fi twisted story spanning 5 games. I'm glad they opened it up for more to come though. I'm wondering if they can use Juno as some conduit to travel back into the first civilizations time. With her being all godly I'm sure she has the ability to manipulate the animus and all kinds of shit. The next one is gonna be straight up weird and full blown sci-fi assassiny goodness I'll bet.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here