Gift idea: Worst PC Game ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

although I doubt anybody would be cruel enough to inflict this.

People here seem to think that a game that's overhyped or has a zealous cult following is a bad game. That's as if he'll ask for the worst game for the Wii and he'll be offered the latest Zelda.
A really bad game from the last six years? I played some average ones and some interesting but buggy ones, but nothing truely bad, let alone the worst. Good luck.

Silvance:
I need to get my roommate a present for his b-day, and I'm trying to find the most horrendous PC game I can find (he only plays PC.)I'm taking all suggestions, but I'd prefer a more recent one, i.e. last 6 years or so; one that'll be easily compatible with Windows 7. Thanks!

almost forgot this game:
it is a.... i would say mostly click and point game with heavy focus on christian mythology.
http://www.heaventhegame.com/

and that girl in the mostly tight outfit
thats your grandma.....

have fun (in therapy)

as a bonus, listed!KEY features are:
quake and shake effects! (eat your heart out call of duty!)
jesus! (mother of god!)
6 levels of intriguing game play! (awesome)
unique animated cursors! (shiny)
"athospheric effects"! (fuck you, crytek!)
spectacular cut scenes! (final fantasy is this games bitch!)

if that doesnt convince you!

BloatedGuppy:

Everyone knows my feelings on Ultima IX. You could try and trick him into thinking it was acclaimed, but that ruse wouldn't hold up long. Can't really be enjoyed even on an ironic level, so it might be a good candidate for punishing your friend.

I think you would actually have to be an Ultima fan to realise just how badly Ultima IX sucked. To the uninitiated it would just appear to be a rather dull action game. You need to know your Ultima for IX to really rip your heart out.

BloatedGuppy:
Big Rigs is a good choice, although it's kind of spot on in that it's notoriously awful, and it's awfulness is apparent straight from the onset, and it might be enjoyed in a "so awful it's hilarious" way.

I'd say this seems to be the OP's point. It's a case of "Happy additional year on this little blue planet, you fellow human being I have some respect for! Here's a deliberately horrendous piece of digital entertainment for you to pretend like you're a That Guy With The Glasses alumni while you're ironically playing it!"

Instead of, you know:

"HAHAHAHAHA, one more year 'till you DIE, you asswipe! Here's a piece of shit to make you feel miserable and further emphasize how likely you are to hate my guts! Because I hate YOU! Also, trololololol!"

However...

rhizhim:

Oh my sweet baby Spaghetti Monster Chtulhu, that is the busiest and most horribly designed box art I've ever seen. This makes Cradle of Filth album covers look like exercises in minimalism. Seriously.

Feast your eyes on this shit:

hazabaza1:
Go get him Deus Ex and see his reaction.

I would have said Half Life but ok.

OT: I'd say get him one of those simulators of a job like driving a bus or something like that but I don't really see the point of it.

Jason Rayes:
I think you would actually have to be an Ultima fan to realise just how badly Ultima IX sucked. To the uninitiated it would just appear to be a rather dull action game. You need to know your Ultima for IX to really rip your heart out.

You have to be an Ultima fan for it to cause spiritual pain, but the unbearable voice acting, terrible story telling, and almost unprecedented number of play stopping and plot breaking bugs qualifies it as a worst game of all time contender even without the betrayal of a 20 year legacy thrown in for good measure.

I heard Revelations 2012 was bad (but something tells me that 75% of the people that say it is bad just base it off some Yahtzee-wannabe with a youtube channel and never have touched the game themselves).

I find anything by BioWare to be the most bland and boring thing ever, but apparently some people like it. FEAR 3 was horrible, too.

I hear farming simulator 2013 is out. And if thats not his thing then get street cleaning simulator or something.

Evil Smurf:
I hear farmville is a riveting game

Indeed. Indeed...though you can't "own" Farmville.
By its nature, Farmville owns YOU.

The_Lost_King:

Ed130:
Revelations 2012

A low quality Left 4 Dead clone.

Captcha: dead air (no, not weird at all...)

Low quality? More like no quality. It is so bad I couldn't even stand watching Jesse play it.

I know exactly how you feel. I love that man yet even he couldn't make that game bearable.

OT:Me and my friends used to gift each other Bad Rats when Steam games where unavoidable but to you I recommend either Revelations 2012 or Secret of the Magic Crystals.

If you feel like splashing out buy him The Sims 3 with ALL its expansions.

There's also a rather interesting thing like this

so that you could sit together in one room, watching as a bunch of terrorists are getting shot and singing a song about a Russian soldier returning back home... Or whatever it was all about.

I say, get him one of the Touhou games. These aren't really that bad overall (in fact, as far as I know, it's an indie game series with perhaps the largest and most productive fandom), but the art is absolutely horrible, the setting is kind of weird and a person unfamiliar with the bullet hell genre will be at the very least thoroughly confused. I'm just not sure if they are quite easy to get your hands on outside of Japan.

One of the worst games ever apparantly, and it got released this year:

EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed someone posted it.

Well, I bought this for a friend of mine as a joke for his birthday.

Ultima 9. That's all you need xD

Carrier Command: Gaia Mission was overrated junk, get him that. It's like a 3000 a.d. game that actually works mechanically.

PieBrotherTB:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coronation-Street-Mystery-Missing-Hotpot/dp/B0057LGBZ0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1352414155&sr=1-1

This (you kind of have to be British to understand it, but I think there's a certain mass understanding)

Wait... the fuck? Fucking really?

Such things exist. My god we need to issue an official apology on behalf of the nation to the world and do it NOW!

OT: Sonic R is always a good bet.

For everybody who is saying Revelations 2012, the game got a massive update yesterday that makes it "not so bad"

I think the quest to find a worst PC game is misguided.
Instead I offer something utterly weird, not good, compelling.

That horse breeding game on Steam. I know not why it is there apparently around 1,500 people recommend it to their friends :|.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/

Kellogs Fried Chickn:

Hey now. For all it's... whatever it is, Cargo is actually a good game.

JEBWrench:

Kellogs Fried Chickn:

It's bizarrity does not make it good, it makes it compelling.

Kellogs Fried Chickn:

JEBWrench:

Kellogs Fried Chickn:

It's bizarrity does not make it good, it makes it compelling.

You're right, it's not the bizarrity. It's the gameplay and vehicle-building.

Edit: I will concede that its... Cargoness... is not for everyone. I just happened to think it was a fun romp.

BloatedGuppy:
Snip

I guess I hate it so much its hard for me to be objective about what it would look like for someone coming to the series fresh :)

Tuesday Night Fever:
I'd go with Dead Island or Brink.

Both were massively hyped up, then completely crashed and burned on launch.

I think they just wouldn't be very good gifts.
What we want here is something so bad it's good in a kind of way, sort of like 'The Room' (starring Tommy Wiseau) but in videogame form.

Uh... Simpsons Hit & Run?
A terrible game yet ridiculously fun.

Moonlight Butterfly:
That horse breeding game on Steam. I know not why it is there apparently around 1,500 people recommend it to their friends :|.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/

It has unicorns, that's why!

On Topic: I have here the Garbage Truck Driver Simulator (I got it for my birthday...), you could try that. Otherwise? Ultima 9.

I bought the horse breeding game for myself. It was a fun way to waste 5 minutes that I had no use for. I'm looking for games that are comically bad. The redneck game fits that description.

Doesn't get any worse than Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.

I haven't actually played it myself, but I heard Phantasmagoria is pretty bad.

EDIT: Also Dungeon Lords, but that might be cruel and unusual punishment.

Two Worlds is pretty dire. Crashing all the time. Poor voice acting. Terrible story, THE TAINT, ye gods, necromancy, shitty combat. Think Oblivion, now cheapen it, then add old english slapstick type voice actiong and action, take away the humour. That's Two Worlds. It's pretty recent too all things considered.

TephlonPrice:
Get him Battlecruiser 3000 AD.

He'll love it.

I rented that once...Wasn't the WORST game of all time. You could at least do things in it, which is more than can be said for other certain titles. xD

Bad Rats, Rats Revenge
is reportedly the single worst thing ever created, i have a gift code, cus some ass somewhere decided to shit on me and now i cant get rid of it.

also Revelations 2012 is supposed to be just awfull, oh and DNF

There's one, check out some of the other simulator games on the guys channel for more excellent gift ideas.

If you want to get him a more modern one there's always Farming Simulator 2013 out on steam now.

Gabanuka:
...or Secret of the Magic Crystals.

I've been gifted this as a deliberate bad gift before. Its actually so bad its funny. For about 15 minutes. Then its just bad. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked