Your latest gem.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

We need something. Something I haven't seen yet(if not for a long while). And I think I might have just the thing.

Take that!

What's your most recently acquired game? Were you looking forward to it for a long while, was it an impulse buy? Are you enjoying/did you enjoy it as much as you thought you would? On a related-unrelated note, what are you planning, or hoping to get next?

I just picked up my reserve for Paper Mario: Sticker Star today. But seeing as I was at work, I didn't really have much time to actually give it a go. ...Not that I coulda done so without my 3DS, anyway, but that's beside the point... But I've always enjoyed Paper Mario games, and I'm feeling pretty sure I'll enjoy this one just the same!

I'm not really feeling it for anything else that's coming out this year. I've got Luigi's Mansion 2, Ni No Kuni and Sly 4: Thieves in Time all reserved, slowly but surely paying them off. I gotta say that I'm most excited for Sly 4: Thieves in Time. The Sly Cooper games are easily some of my favorites from the PS2 era and I can't wait to see how the next one turns out.

Luigi's Mansion is also pretty exciting because Luigi's Mansion was obviously Luigi's time to shine, and I look forward to any game that Luigi is the main character for(moreso than Mario, at least...).

As for Ni No Kuni, from what I've seen, it looks pretty fantastic. And it's being developed by the same guys that did Dragon Quest VIII(also one of my favorites from the PS2 era) and White Knight Chronicles((II)If you have a PS3 and you have not played this game, you must), so I'm feeling like this should also be quite an interesting game.

Okay, guys/gals:

Your turn!

Assasins creed 3

it has its flaws but I'm really enjoying it

Dead Space 2. After liking the first one I got the second. I liked it, but it could have done more with the "Issac is crazy" aspect.

RE4 HD edition I acquired recently as well. I missed one medallion.

ONE.

Also pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite.

I agree with Vault101. Assassin's Creed 3 has provided me with absolutely spectacular fun for the past week and a half. The campaign isn't bad, and the multiplayer seems to have vastly improved.

Plus I get to chill with my homedog George Washington, so that's always a plus.

Natural Selection 2.

Tis delightful, there hasn't been a decent online shooter for a fairly long time.

Pokemon Black 2 and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria were the two most recent games I picked up (That were on pre-order)

I had been anticipating both of them eagerly and as far as I am concerned neither has let me down, I enjoy both of them thoroughly .

Vault101:
Assasins creed 3

As much as I love the Assassin's Creed series, ACIII is the only one thus far that has made me actually want to play it a second time. Back to back, I mean. And for that, I give it bonus points.

Oh, Jesus.

About a year ago, I bought Mirrors Edge. Took a long break, and finished it today, in fact.

Story was... alright, if a little generic.

Game play was either awesome or a complete disaster. Some parts made me go crazy.

Overall, I quite liked it.

Spec Ops: The Line

The most well-told video game story since Silent Hill 2, that completely embraced the interactive medium it was told on. The shooting was also very solid, and the scarcity of ammo was a welcome mechanic in a game the stresses difficulty of survival under harsh circumstances.

FTL - Brutal indie game, for $10 it is worth the money.
Towns - Technically still not complete but you can buy on steam - worth a look if you are into building/management games it's kinda like a cross between simcity and terraria.

Oh and fallen enchantress another non AAA game worth looking at if you are into turn based games like HOMM.

i joined the cult of crusader kings 2 last week. i loved the first game it tended to be more a dynastic rpg than strategy game and there are alot of differences in the second. im still getting the hang of it

Halo 4...

It ignited my flame for halo again. Frankly I am enjoying it...without multiplayer. Can't wait for more spartan ops and hopefully Halo 5. :D

I was all set to write down Halo 4 as an unnecessary sequel but GODDAMN that game has blown me away. So goddamn HAPPY for once that I got a positive surprise from a triple-A game.

On the flipside...no....no I won't bring this post down with another triple-A game I recently picked up expecting to love and finding it to be really disappointing. Nope.

I got Dishonored just a day or two ago and have already beaten it with the bad ending. It was kind of meh for me but who cares about that, it's one of the better stealth games i've ever played.

I actually enjoy being stealthy in it, most of the time I try to sneak my way through and end up getting bored and just start shooting things but not this time. The world it takes place in is really cool too, hoping for some DLC or a sequel to flesh it out a bit more.

Tartarga:
I got Dishonored just a day or two ago and have already beaten it with the bad ending. It was kind of meh for me but who cares about that, it's one of the better stealth games i've ever played.

I actually enjoy being stealthy in it, most of the time I try to sneak my way through and end up getting bored and just start shooting things but not this time. The world it takes place in is really cool too, hoping for some DLC or a sequel to flesh it out a bit more.

Well then you're in luck, actually. It was announced that there will be story dlc for Dishonored. A few, if I remember correctly. You even get to play as Daud and see things from his perspective, in one of them. ;D But they're slated for 2013 releases, so it won't be anytime soon.

I bought a whole bunch of games all at once during the Steam Halloween sale, so I don't really have a single most recently acquired game. But out of all the games I bought, I can definitely single out Space Pirates and Zombies as my current favourite. It's a top-down, tactical space shooter/action-RPG with some pretty humorous writing and TotalBiscuit as the narrator. I've been slightly addicted to it ever since I bought it.

Exius Xavarus:

Tartarga:

Well then you're in luck, actually. It was announced that there will be story dlc for Dishonored. A few, if I remember correctly. You even get to play as Daud and see things from his perspective, in one of them. ;D But they're slated for 2013 releases, so it won't be anytime soon.

Oh man do I like the idea of playing as Daud, I killed him since I was doing an evil run but I really didn't want to. He is definitely a character I want to learn more about.

It was 999 on the DS, i'm only going through it slowly one puzzle per session probably. Those types of puzzles will start to get on my tits if I keep chain solving them like that.

It's pretty good, I never had any expectations anyway. I've heard it was good, I had some excess cash so I bought it.

Oh and is "gem" supposed to be "game?" It just seems to make more sense that way considering the topic. If we're talking about gems I have to rant about Persona 4 again because that game is so amazing I can mention LoL. I have played entirely too much of it ever since... April? Whenever "Kill Steal Master" Darius came out.

It's so good in a broken sort of way. The balance is both perfectly acceptable and fucking broken at the same time. Recently i've noticed how people are so quick to call OP without thinking. Like just having a really solid ultimate isn't OP...

I guess people don't understand the concept of a "duelist" character when they're like "OMG X TOP IS SO OP!" The thing with duelists is that they're good at 1v1-ing you...

Yeah I main Fiora top, what of it? :P

And people don't realise that there are some people who cannot be beaten, like i've been playing Kennen and it is impossible to outright lose your lane. It just cannot be done unless you are having a really bad day. Nobody calls him OP. Why not?

The range and damage on his Q lets him get any last hit from a distance, the escape potential from Lightning Rush is amazing and his 100/0 kill potential is really good once you hit 6. Yet nobody plays him! It's just silly!

I guess Blind Pick tends to be more like this, since you can end up having your entire team countered by the other team by some horrible twist of fate.

Then you have a Support Jayce and a Solotop Zyra vs a Rengar top. Fuck... That was such a curbstomp it wasn't even funny. Why Jayce didn't go top I will never know. Rookie Rengar does not know mercy!

Okami HD. It was pretty much an impulse buy (heard good things about it for years, but never had a console it was on, so didn't have much interest in it). It's glorious. I don't remember the last time I played a game I was prepared to sink every minute of free time in.

Well for me it'd be Tekken Tag Tournament 2, I've recently got into fighting games and I really enjoy the tag mechanic, it adds another layer of depth to a game which was already pretty deep to start with.

Sly Cooper HD. It was a freebie on Playstation Plus a while ago, but I only just downloaded it, having never played any of the series before. It's brilliant. I'm gonna pick up the other 2 while they're on sale (only $15 for the trilogy! That's awesome, especially for Australian prices!). Soon, however, it'll be Playstation All-Stars! Pre-ordered it today, can't wait for next week :) I've been meaning to get it since the day it was announced.

I don't know, Dishonored was a good buy for me. The stealth was incredibly well done, it was violent beyond belief (If you played that way) and overall an amazing game. My only gripe is how the PS3 version doesn't have Vsync...
I must admit, part of it may have come from my Bethesda fangirlism, despite it not actually being developed by them. I'll purchase anything Bethesda.

Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii. Managed to find a used copy online for about $40 instead of over $100. I snatched that baby up as fast as I could. Had loads of fun with it with my sister, but it's probably not going to get any more play time if we don't have any social gatherings coming up.

Before that I bought Another Century's Episode 3 for the PS2, used, at a trade show. It was about $20. Sorta regret because I have no idea how to get it to run on my American PS2.

Vault101:
Assasins creed 3

This.
Yes there are a few flaws but over all I'm enjoying the game.
I wish they'd correct the bayonet attacks though. Seeing people wildly swinging them about is annoying me.
Still loving the game though.

Natural selection 2. It may have restored my faith in the shooter genre.

Natural Selection 2 as well.

"hey guys why do they call them'Onos'?"

"well you see rookie according to the lore, the fi-HOLYSHIT!!! OH NOEEESSS!!!!!!!"

The Walking Dead and Trine 2. I've been looking forward to these two for a while and when I finally got them... I wasn't disappointed. Both games tick all the boxes for me.

Dishonored and XCOM have completely blown me outta the water this year, pretty much the only time I've had money to buy on release.

AH LOVE DEM.
Although I still don't like spelling it 'Dishonored'

I did also get AssCreed 3 at release...two outta three ain't bad.

I'm gonna warn you, Sticker Star may have strayed a little TOO far from other Paper Mario games. I'm on world 2(that's right, no chapters this time) and there has been all of one real story cutscene. That was the opening cutscene. It was very short.

StormShaun:
Halo 4...

It ignited my flame for halo again. Frankly I am enjoying it...without multiplayer. Can't wait for more spartan ops and hopefully Halo 5. :D

Exactly this, 343i did an amazing job.

Fate of the World

I wasn't that impress at first and put down the game for a long time, but recently I returned to it and holy cow am I having fun.

It's a pity that the strategy genre is almost exclusively dominated by Starcraft/AoE clones.

Dishonored.

Was brilliant, if not as open and big as I had expected. Haven't done a second play through yet, may have to wait until after Hitman comes out, but will definitely be falling into my annual replay list along side Deus Ex, KoToR I+II, and Chrono Trigger. Whether or not it stays in that list as long as the others is less certain, as i'm not sure the replayability is on the same level, but we shall see.

Arkham City. I loved Asylum but put off this one for a long time for some reason, and now I'm finally playing it. It's almost as good as Asylum, and in some parts (combat, for example) it's even better.

What I like most about it is that it strikes a perfect balance between making you feel like a badass and being challenging. You may scream obscenities at the monitor when you have to fight a Titan mook, two knife mooks, three shield mooks, and a gun mook at the same time, but fuck me if Batman isn't making it look easy.

And it's nice that the game actually acknowledges that you're the goddamn Batman. In predator sections, mooks would go "Oh dammit get away from me!" and fire at shadows in terror, or even surrender sometimes. And the game rewards you for that sadistic shit with "intimidation points". Nice.

RyQ_TMC:
Okami HD. It was pretty much an impulse buy (heard good things about it for years, but never had a console it was on, so didn't have much interest in it). It's glorious. I don't remember the last time I played a game I was prepared to sink every minute of free time in.

I'm glad you're enjoying it :D

OT: Newest game is Halo 4. Haven't even played the campaign yet, as I've always seen the single player aspect of the franchise as being severely overrated.

Multiplayer is a blast though.

Found copy of Hitman: Contracts (PS2 version) for $2, bought it immediately.

So far I've only gone through the intro mission, but impressions are good.

Why won't they release an HD Hitman collection? IO, do it now! D:

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked