Will we see a Sequel to Human Revolution?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

As the title says: will we see a sequel? I want to see more of this setting of a technological renaissance continued before its inevitable collapse with the Grey Death.

While I feel that it would be best to leave Jensen's story finished, given that you can commit suicide at the end of HR, I want to see more going on with the lead up to the Denton Brothers.

I dunno. Not a lot of space between the original and Human Revolution.

erttheking:

Human Revolution was in 2027, while Deus Ex is in 2052. There's quite a lot of room for more things to go to shit leading up to the game.

Soviet Heavy:
As the title says: will we see a sequel? I want to see more of this setting of a technological renaissance continued before its inevitable collapse with the Grey Death.

While I feel that it would be best to leave Jensen's story finished, given that you can commit suicide at the end of HR, I want to see more going on with the lead up to the Denton Brothers.

I would definitely love to see one more game, hell maybe even something happen during the original deus ex if they can pull it off right ( 2 game storyline, inbetween HR and the original and the 2nd one being during the original deus ex, like possibly a threat in the shadows that the protagonist is constantly keeping from going at the denton brothers, idk)

I did love the atmosphere and overall feel of the game, so I'd definitely pay full price to see more.

Square Enix and Eidos Montreal haven't announced anything yet. Eidos Montreal is currently developing Thief 4, so maybe after that they'll make another Deus Ex game.

erttheking:

2031 is a pretty important year in the Deus Ex universe and would fit nicely between DX:HR and DX.

That's the year that Utah secedes and annexes Nevada, Arizona, and part of Texas. It's also the year that Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Oregon secede, form the Northwest Secessionist Forces, and spark the Northwest War.

EDIT:

I'd actually like to post the Deus Ex timeline. There's actually quite a few really, really good backdrops for another Deus Ex prequel in the years between DX:HR and DX.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Sure, why not. I loved HR, I like Deus Ex, I'd definitely buy a sequel to HR.

Its too interesting a world to not explore further. If they let it die it would be a real shame. I was kind of dubious about HR, but after going through it I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. The team has earned my trust and I would be on board for a sequel.

Considering the success of HR, i'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't at least one more game in the universe.

But yeah, no more Jensen. Not that I didn't like him, but his story is done.

Will we see a new Deus Ex next gen? Most definitely.

Will it be a sequel to HR? I really doubt it. I hope they reboot the universe for the next one. Start fresh with new stories and characters.

distortedreality:
Considering the success of HR, i'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't at least one more game in the universe.

But yeah, no more Jensen. Not that I didn't like him, but his story is done.

One thing I would like them to continue on was this point.

I would certainly like to see a sequel.

By that I mean another Deus Ex game, not a direct continuation of Human Revolution. I'd like it be something smaller, on a more personal scale rather than deciding the fate of everything and everyone ever.

Also, preferably in the time before nano-augmentation since mechanical augmentation is visually so much more interesting.

Also-also, I think a female protagonist could be interesting.

Since DE:HR sold well, or at least didn't sell badly, I reckon we'll see a sequel pop up eventually.

I would say yes, if not simply because HR was one of the few properties that Square has at the moment that has fairly deep penetration with western audiences which is exactly what they were craving.

Zhukov:

By that I mean another Deus Ex game, not a direct continuation of Human Revolution. I'd like it be something smaller, on a more personal scale rather than deciding the fate of everything and everyone ever.

Also, preferably in the time before nano-augmentation since mechanical augmentation is visually so much more interesting.

Since DE:HR sold well, or at least didn't sell badly, I reckon we'll see a sequel pop up eventually.

That's what I meant. I don't think it should be Jensen's Story anymore, given how final Human Revolution's story was. There are a few dangling threads that could link Jensen to the new story, but they aren't needed.

I'd love another game, but I'm not sure how it could fit thematically into the storyline, or the broader philosophy.

A new character from a different background would be nice. The previous games always featured some agent working for a dubious super organisation, always kitted out with state-of-the-art tech and the best equipment possible. Perhaps it would be cool to play as someone from a poor, underground group who has to make do with crappy, botched together augs and weapons. That way, physical advancements, as well as a rise through the society of futuristic society, feels a lot more substantial, and the opposition much more threatening.

I would love to.

In fact, I'd love for them to expand on Australia's Civil War, to shake things up a bit.

I don't know what the "canon" ending is for DE:HR, guessing the "backroom" option?
But it would be nice to see the world after that, kinda felt HR ended too soon for my taste.
Maybe i was enjoying it too much^^

But another DE game is always welcome, i liked the whole vibe, feel, sound and whatnot of HR.
It was an honest attempt and i feel it succeeded at beeing a solid Deus Ex game.
And i like the idea, mentioned above, of a possible female lead.
Voiced by Jennifer Hale....or Tricia Helfer.

I hope they will eventually. On a tangentially related topic I've never played Invisible War. Is it worth buying?

Knight Captain Kerr:
I hope they will eventually. On a tangentially related topic I've never played Invisible War. Is it worth buying?

It's not as terrible as people make it out to be but it is very clunky and you really wouldn't be missing anything by skipping it. Also you know how all Deus Ex's endings were some form of bittersweet trade off? Yeah no matter what you do everything's pretty much ruined forever after Invisible War.

K84:
I don't know what the "canon" ending is for DE:HR, guessing the "backroom" option?
But it would be nice to see the world after that, kinda felt HR ended too soon for my taste.
Maybe i was enjoying it too much^^

But another DE game is always welcome, i liked the whole vibe, feel, sound and whatnot of HR.
It was an honest attempt and i feel it succeeded at beeing a solid Deus Ex game.
And i like the idea, mentioned above, of a possible female lead.
Voiced by Jennifer Hale....or Tricia Helfer.

There is no canon ending. They effect nothing and the future is already known.

In fact, Deus Ex is DONE.

Its story was finished. Done. Over. We know who wins. We know what happens when they win.

Cette:

Knight Captain Kerr:

It's not as terrible as people make it out to be but it is very clunky and you really wouldn't be missing anything by skipping it. Also you know how all Deus Ex's endings were some form of bittersweet trade off? Yeah no matter what you do everything's pretty much ruined forever after Invisible War.

That's not so true about the ending - at least one of them is presented as idealistic and positive. The problem with any and all DX endings is that your choice always gets taken to an extreme. In the end of IW, you have to choose between extreme anarchism, extreme communism, extreme capitalism or extreme theocracy. There is no middle ground.

It's similar in DX:HR. Don't want too much regulation? Tough shit, now corporations rule the world and do whatever the hell they want. Want some regulation? Tough shit, now the whole world is run by a cabal of evil, power hungry societies. The "backroom" choice in DX:HR is probably the only ending which is neutral, seeing as how it doesn't restructure the entire world as we know it.

Cette:

Knight Captain Kerr:

Why?
I think Renegade option was pretty damn awesome from sequel perspective

There is only one franchise out there that I would allowed to make a fourth game, and that is the Deus Ex franchise. They have not failed me yet - I thought Invisible War was insanely good.

The Dentons of a whole higher level of augmented evolution to Jensen, there's a lot of implication and controversy to be generated out of all that.

denseWorm:
There is only one franchise out there that I would allowed to make a fourth game, and that is the Deus Ex franchise. They have not failed me yet - I thought Invisible War was insanely good.

The Dentons of a whole higher level of augmented evolution to Jensen, there's a lot of implication and controversy to be generated out of all that.

It is implied that the DNA samples that Reed collected from her time dating Adam were used in creating the Denton Brother's nano augmentations. Jensen was one of the few people in existence who had no rejection syndrome to his augmentations, and never needed drug treatments. With his DNA, Reed and Page were probably able to advance nano-augmentation beyond what anyone thought possible.

Zhukov:

Wasn't there some Actor that made a video about "Fruit Flies" watching him? I thought that was the beginning of the Viral Ads for the new one?

Damn, I'd really want this to happen. I have played HR every possible way last year already, still itching for more of it.

I would like either a remake of the orginal Dues Ex with everything it had orignally, but with a Human Revolution coat of paint, or a game set before the orginal and after HR, possibly showing what happened after HR, and maybe showing the event that lead to UNATCO.

I'd love it. I'm a little sad that we're done hearing Elias Toufexis, though. I really liked Jensen, overall.

There's indeed quite a bit of ground to cover between HR and the first DX, so I'm not worried. Or, heck, they could scrap Invisible War from the continuity, restart a post-Deus Ex timeline or maybe even consider Invisible War as canon and show us whatever comes next. Even in the case of the Omar emerging victorious, I can't see that being the end.

Whatever the case may be, a female lead would be awesome.

HR sold well and received good reviews (on top of being awesome), and with Squeenix and their ways I don't see why there won't be. Probably won't be a sequel, though, don't see how they will go with the particular Human Revolution story line.

I can't imagine a game that enjoyed both critical and player success as well as financial success would not be considered for a sequel. I'm actually surprised nothing has been anounced about such as yet and further, that there haven't been any expansions/DLCs (since Missing Link).

The game, in my opinion, was a master piece. It had some flaws, yes, but none of them could detract from the overall whole. The non-optional boss fights with, as Yahtzee suggested, uncharactarised antagonists, the jerky character animations, the gold colour filter over everything and the always-annoying "ending machine" that I believe detracts from the choices made throughout the game. The endings could've been better and my only other criticisms are the same as I would have for any console-developed game that's ported to PC...too consoley (small maps with frequent load screens, 7 year old graphics, etc). The press-button for cut-scene takedown I would prefer to see gone too, in lieu of actual melee weapons.

But these flaws are nowhere near enough to put it in the "flawed gem" category, with Alpha Protocol, VTM: Bloodlines and the ilk. The gameplay, characters (not the mercs), pace, ambience, story were brilliant. It was polished like a mirror and a tie (with Skyrim) for best game of 2011 (and 2012 as well, since there hasn't been anything this year to come close to either of those). I wish they had finished Montréal as a third hub city and would've loved more content, more story, etc.

I would love to see a sequel, and suspect we may see one in the future. But in the meantime, I *believe* it's the same team at Eidos Montréal working on Thief 4. As long as they kept the original voice actor of Garrett, I would punch a hundred hobos for a copy of that game!

It's a prequal isn't it? So there has already been one. Before it even came out... Mindfuck. :P

Still, I dunno, the game did pretty well, so I doubt it'll die.

There were rumors about Square Enix hiring people to work on a next gen Deus Ex title. HR sold well so we'll definitely see another one. Is it going to be a direct sequel though, with the same characters? Probably not.

human revolution was a great game with a absolutely atrocious ending. ME3 got absolutely crushed for it's forced choice ending, yet HR didn't get nearly as crucified.

granted there are some apples and oranges comparisons between the two, but any game the forces me to make a stupid choice at the end of a game full of ambiguity is shooting itself in the face.

Capitano Segnaposto:

Wasn't there some Actor that made a video about "Fruit Flies" watching him? I thought that was the beginning of the Viral Ads for the new one?

That was Sarif's voice actor, it was proven by someone that it was a fake video put together from clips of a Hobo series the VA does on Youtube.

Adam Jensen:
There were rumors about Square Enix hiring people to work on a next gen Deus Ex title. HR sold well so we'll definitely see another one. Is it going to be a direct sequel though, with the same characters? Probably not.

To me at least, it wasn't really the characters of HR that were the appeal, but the narrative and the setting. Jensen was interesting sure, but a sequel could work without him or any of his supporting characters.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked