So does this count as Paragon or Renegade?
Paragon
66.7% (40)
66.7% (40)
Renegade
33.3% (20)
33.3% (20)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Mass Effect Accidentally shipped with copies of Black Ops II

[/quote] Some players are opening boxed copies of Call of Duty: Black Ops II on PC and finding the second installation disc replaced by a copy of Mass Effect 2. According to the Steam forums, BioWare forums and Reddit, users report that while the disc art shows the Black Ops II logo, it boots up as Mass Effect 2 when inserted into a PC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H_a0TzFx5hE

It's worth noting that players can simply use the serial number included in the packaging to download a full copy of the game, so customers will only be prevented from playing if they're unable to download the files. For now it's unclear how widespread the problem is, but we've reached out to Activision for a comment and will update with any additional info we receive. IGN will also attempt to replicate the problem with PC copies of Black Ops II and will report back with any findings [quote]

Well then it would Seam that Commander Shepard and his gang are trying to save the world from Call of Duty, +25 Paragon?

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/mass-effect-accidentally-included-with-black-ops-2

You can't freaking self-bump if you don't have activity. This isn't 4chan.

What the...? This just seems really odd, I mean, why Mass Effect 2? One's EA and one's Activision? I mean, I guess they could be printed by the same company, but still, this just seems like it shouldn't be happening :P

As for this being paragon and saving people from CoD, I don't think so. Those people paid for CoD, and they didn't get it. Besides, Black Ops 2 is supposed be rather different and innovative compared to the other games, which means they might actually be learning. I might even pick this one up, and I haven't done that since MW2...

glchicks:

Dangit2019:
You can't freaking self-bump if you don't have activity. This isn't 4chan.

I disagree. This is worth bumping. OP, this is just the randomest thing ive ever heard. Why mass effect 2? It makes no damn sense

There is nothing to disagree with, self bumping is against the rules here

ot: well this is quite comical to say the lest, although it's probably not Activisions fault since they don't handle the printing and manufacturing. Whoever they got to do manufacturing either had a major slip up or this is a well placed troll by an employee.

At least they have a free copy of Mass Effect 2... look on the bright side....

Joseph Harrison:

They don't have an activation code for ME2. So it's a worthless disc. It's a big fuck up.

Adam Jensen:

Joseph Harrison:

They don't have an activation code for ME2. So it's a worthless disc. It's a big fuck up.

Bioware's giving out a free copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy to anyone that emails them a picture of themselves with the messed up Black Ops disk. So, I guess something good came out of it.

RaeAlethea:

Adam Jensen:

Joseph Harrison:

Bioware's giving out a free copy of the Mass Effect Trilogy to anyone that emails them a picture of themselves with the messed up Black Ops disk. So, I guess something good came out of it.

Now that is awesome!

RaeAlethea:

Adam Jensen:

Joseph Harrison:

That's pretty much win right there.

OT - someone fucked up royally. I'd honestly be tempted to go and buy a copy in hopes that I get one of the funky discs, then mail it off to Bioware to get signed or something, could be a collectible in a few years time (if there isn't like a million copies of it that is).

Adam Jensen:

RaeAlethea:

Adam Jensen:

Now that is awesome!

indeed it is

here's the link http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/13/were-answering-the-call/ in case more folks stumble into the thread

although it doesn't help much with the people who actually want to play CoD BO2
and no I won't call it BlOps 2 because it sounds fucking idiotic

I think this is on purpose. Normally I would think it's a mistake but considering how fast Bioware got to the call, I feel like EA paid someone to do this so they got some good publicity to make them seem not as evil.

Whether this was an accident or planned operation- I feel horrible for the guys and girls who've gotten Black Ops II and ended up with a Mass Effect 2 CD. I mean, my girlfriend and I waited in line for 7 hours yesterday being on chairs with blankets over our cold bodies just to get the game. If I came home to pop the disc in only for it to be ME2 (which I already have) .. oh, boy. I... I would be upset.

So Bioware, or Treyarch .. whatever happened, I feel it's only going to bring you guys a lot of heat. Nothing to gain from this.

I cant imagine this being on purpose.

EA and... them have had a certain enemity between eachother, since the Infinity Ward lawsuits and that they directly compete in damn near every field that each venture into.

And as things stand, they are stronger right now, and he doesnt take prisoners. Therefore theres no reason for them to arrange this affair when they already have Black Ops 2 adverts crammed into every sphincter of modern society.

Since im assuming this is a cock up at disc-printing and packaging, who or what is usually responsible for that?

Well, now they can play a better game :)

Hah, I kid, I kid. Honestly, if my PS3 weren't broke, I might actually give Black Ops 2 a shot. I'm not a huge fan of COD (I did enjoy the original Modern Warfare back when it was a breath of fresh air), but I do have a soft-spot for futuristic theoretical weaponry and from what I've seen, Treyarch seem to have put in some effort to make it more than just another cash in.

But yeah, good going for those people who got a free game with the deal. You can't beat that.

How does something like this even happen?
Last I checked Black Cops 2 was published by Activision, and Space Wizards 2 by EA. I don't think those guys like each other.
How did Activision distribute Space Wizards 2?

Souplex:
How does something like this even happen?
Last I checked Black Cops 2 was published by Activision, and Space Wizards 2 by EA. I don't think those guys like each other.
How did Activision distribute Space Wizards 2?

This is a very good point.

How DID this happen?

Is this a case of corporate espionage gone horribly, hilariously wrong?

The ironic thing is that both games come on 2 discs... meaning you won't be able to install either Black Ops 2 or Mass Effect 2 without the corresponding 2nd disc.

That kinda sucks.

That's ridiculous. So, I just need to know someone who has that crap copy of Black Cops 2 and take a picture with it and then I'll get free copies of both ME2 and Black Cops 2?

How...?

Still, that's pretty funny. If it happened to me I'd be pretty ticked, but I bought the PS3 version so...(chuckles slightly)

Maybe CoD purists will get a chance to play something with a coherent storyline for once...

This'd better have a hilariously appropriate explanation, or I'll be disappointed.

Captcha: rhyme nor reason. Indeed! There is none here.

Paragon. It's a secret attempt by Commander Shephard to unite Black Ops and Mass Effect. The next game title shall be Mass Ops: Black Effect.

Akimoto:
Paragon. It's a secret attempt by Commander Shephard to unite Black Ops and Mass Effect. The next game title shall be Mass Ops: Black Effect.

Or it's a black ops operation to turn Mass Effect into a simple military FPS.

Caramel Frappe:
Whether this was an accident or planned operation- I feel horrible for the guys and girls who've gotten Black Ops II and ended up with a Mass Effect 2 CD. I mean, my girlfriend and I waited in line for 7 hours yesterday being on chairs with blankets over our cold bodies just to get the game. If I came home to pop the disc in only for it to be ME2 (which I already have) .. oh, boy. I... I would be upset.

So Bioware, or Treyarch .. whatever happened, I feel it's only going to bring you guys a lot of heat. Nothing to gain from this.

Bioware is giving out free copies of the Mass Effect trilogy to people who are effected by this. So Treyarch's loss is Bioware's gain. If anything Bioware gains good PR from it.

Edit: The only way I could see Activision or Treyarch fixing this is if they send out vouchers for a free Black Ops game to the people that were effected by this.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked