I'd really love to see a Mass Effect FPS

Seriously, why not?

Now that Shepard's storyline is finished , they're free to explore the game's universe it all sorts of ways.

They've already proven they're competent at designing cool, futuristic weapons, and nice setpieces.

Making the game a shooter would also allow them to skip on the storyline, since it isn't a RPG, they can keep the story nice and tight, like , i dunno, you play Wrex in his early mercenary years.

I'd really love to see a Mass Effect game based entirely around combat, with focus on creative weapon design and a nice futuristic aesthetic .

I would enjoy something like this a lot actually. I think the most important thing would be to keep the story and characterizations as solid as they were in the originals, but they would have to step up their gunplay a bit more. ME3's combat was good, but it still isn't up to par with Gears for TPS IMHO.

This could also be an interesting way of getting a closer look at a lot of the different conflicts throughout the series, like the First Contact Wars, the Rachni Wars, the Krogan Rebellions and so on, since these already have an established timeline and canon to them.

Actually, I was hoping they'd go more in the opposite direction in terms of combat. Keep the gunplay nice and smooth, maybe even make it smoother, but put a heavier emphasis on building a character and managing your team in the field. A tighter storyline sounds nice, though. I don't think we need another galaxy-trotting plotline.

I think it's already a pretty good shooter. I can't think of anything that would be made "better" by making it first person.

Vanguards wouldn't work very well in first person. And if you say "they should get rid of classes and just focus on guns" then I'm going to murder you with a pitchfork. The classes are what made the ME multiplayer so enjoyable for me.

I'd like a third person stealth/rpg game. With Kasumi Goto as the main character. Telling the story of how she became a thief. It seems like a missed opportunity not to explore her life before she met Shepard.
You could say the same thing about Wrex and Samara now that I think about it. They could easily have their own games.

Adam Jensen:
I'd like a third person stealth/rpg game. With Kasumi Goto as the main character. Telling the story of how she became a thief. It seems like a missed opportunity not to explore her life before she met Shepard.
You could say the same thing about Wrex and Samara now that I think about it. They could easily have their own games.

Thane would also work well for a stealth game.

But I'd take Garrus instead. Partly because he's a fan (and personal) favorite, but mostly because his backstory contains his time as Archangel on Omega. Where he also had a a team. And loads of interesting mission to undertake with said team: raids on criminal hide-outs, tracking and shadowing baddies, infiltration and sabotage, assassinations, ... .

Would make for some neat squad-based tactical tps, if done right. Except it would have space magic powers, I mean, biotics and tech.

I wouldn't mind a spin-off FPS of mass effect. But not the main games. Mass effect 4 should not be an FPS, or a full 3rd person shooter for that matter. They should go back to the game's roots more (ME1) with improvements on obvious points of course.

I'd play it. Y'know, assuming it was good FPS.

Adam Jensen:

I would also play this.

A game starring Samara would also be pretty damn awesome. Having her family torn apart by Morinth, becoming a Justicar so she could personally hunt her down over 400 years. There's plenty to work with there. (Just so long as they lose the damn cleavage-wetsuit-with-pauldrens.)

What I'd really like to see is a game that blends XCOM with Mass Effect. So you have the turn-based squad combat with sexy camera angles, but the squad members are actual characters with personalities and whatnot as well as skill trees.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked