Can one buy Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth online?

I can't find it on Steam of Gog.com... I haven't tried Origin but I'd really rather not bother trying to remember my password :P

Is there any place I can digitally purchase this game, or it's sequel?

origin seems to have the sequel for sale the first game doesnt seem to be available for sale anylonger short of ebay, etc so no turning frodo and sam into a red smudge on the floor with a cave troll. that never got dull

Just a warning. EA sut down the servers a long time ago so you will be unable to play anyone online. Both 1,2 and the expansion are still worth getting and you can use LAN.

I don't believe BFMI isn't for sale any more, since EA no longer has the rights to Lord of the Rings games, a condition of which is that they can't even sell them anymore. At least this is what I gathered from some news reports.

I actually started playing it again myself, thanks to some Hobbit hype. Still holds up fairly well.

Occams_Razor:
I actually started playing it again myself, thanks to some Hobbit hype. Still holds up fairly well.

I loved that game, but is the truth that i should be taking from all of this that u cannot download this game anymore? You have to just hope a store has it on a shelf?

Arturs Pocapinskis:
You can always torrent it from piratebay, there's no way you'll get in trouble since it's waaay old, and I'm sure EA won't go bankrupt because they didn't get your $5

might want to edit that post they crack down on piracy support here in a major way.

ive been doing a bit of a look around and nope doesnt seem like anywhere has the first game for sale for download. strange as it was a pretty decent game

wombat_of_war:

Arturs Pocapinskis:
You can always torrent it from piratebay, there's no way you'll get in trouble since it's waaay old, and I'm sure EA won't go bankrupt because they didn't get your $5

might want to edit that post they crack down on piracy support here in a major way.

ive been doing a bit of a look around and nope doesnt seem like anywhere has the first game for sale for download. strange as it was a pretty decent game

heh, thanks for letting me know, but lol, you quoted it! Now it's immortalized.

Arturs Pocapinskis:

wombat_of_war:

Arturs Pocapinskis:

heh, thanks for letting me know, but lol, you quoted it! Now it's immortalized.

They also hate low content, things like 1 word phrases. You might have to edit again, you'd still get warned for that :P

OT: I don't believe so, no. It's a shame, I was looking to get it but couldn't find it anywhere. The servers getting shut down is also pretty shitty :(

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked