How many hours have you devoted to Skyrim?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Now that the game has been out over a year and has some DLC and a new expansion coming out how many total hours have you devoted to the game across multiple characters?

I have just over 100 on a wood elf rogue/thief type build and about 24 or so on a paladin type build. Soon I'll be doing the Hearthfire stuff and about to go through Dawnguard again.

Probably over 100, but we keep starting new characters. Yesterda we downloaded a bunch more mods and have started a mage, who will be a travelling alchemist/treasure hunter. We aren't starting the main questline to give the sense that this is just a normal(ish) person in Skyrim trying to make their way day-by-day. No fast travelling, sticking to roads when there's a direct location in mind... and also stumbling upon things while seeking out ingredients.

We'll see how it goes - I think we're up to about 100 mods, so the game has a lot of added content.

110 then realised there was nothing to do and started Dark Souls.

That was 2 characters - a Breton warrior mage in heavy Armour and a Redguard dual wielding warrior with light armour.

About 87 hours. I haven't played the DLC yet, so that's going to add some hours to that count, when I get around to that. I've only really had one character, a Nord stealth archer/assassin. I know it's an OP build, but I had a lot of fun with it. I'm considering going mage for the next time around. That or serious 2-hander(I did a little sword swinging with my current character, but only really to level up).

Also, I think next time around will be with a lot of all those mods that are available.

Steam says I have 400 hours spent in Skyrim. I haven't touched any of the dlc yet but I have had lots of fun with the workshop. Once the 3rd DLC is out I hope to start a fresh play through.

I have had multiple characters all roleplayed.

Probably around 1000 hours. Oh i'm sorry, that's what it would be if they had released Dawnguard on the PS3 already. It's actually more like 300 to 400 hours, my mistake.

About 150, but not all on the same Character. Which makes Skyrim my most played game on Steam, only eclipsed by the fact that I've played FF7 at least 6 times from beginning to end since it came out in '97.

I have around 15 as I've only started playing it properly over the last couple of months...it's also something that I keep coming back to whenever I'm bored, rather than playing it every evening. I estimate that I will finish it by 2015...

I think I put in 70. Well, then I stopped gaming on my PC to prepare for summer exams. And I never picked it back up after I got Dark Souls and Dishonored.

Between 100 and 300, certainly a lot. Four saves, two of them I actually put effort into.

I have substituted most, if not all, gametime with Skyrim for the past year.

About 20 hours, took me that long to complete it and after I tried playing another playthrough I realised how shallow it is and have never played it since.

300, I wish I could have more time in the day.

a poll would have been nice. anyway for me it's 0.5 hours. yeah... pretty disapointed.

there are only 2 games i bought because of popularity, those games were Half Life and Skyrim, and i hate them both.

Roughly 700

LOL at the multiple characters part

As much as I loved skyrim, why would I play the same game for no reason more than once...

Either way, I dont have amagical hour counter and its been a while since I played this, but I am guessing roguhtly 80 hours? maybe a little less idk.

According to Steam: 802 hours.

But I haven't really played it since the Summer.

aguspal:
LOL at the multiple characters part

As much as I loved skyrim, why would I play the same game for no reason more than once...

I can't imagine. Of course, you might conceivably do it FOR a reason. Like, I don't know, fun? That was a seriously strange remark :\

Steam says 503, but that's just on this computer, I'm sure there's at least another 100 via shitty laptop lol

Nine.

And when I look over my save file, I've done nearly everything.

Not nearly enough :(
Don't even have more than one character!

I call bulls*** all over this thread. 700 hours? you got to be kidding me. That's about a full month of 24/7 gaming. longest gameplay time i've ever had in a video game is 128 hours and that was over the course of at least 4 years of playing that game occasionally.

If we were to do some math, say Skyrim is 12 months old for simplicity. That means you spent about 1/12 of your life playing this game in the time it's existed. (assuming you got it day 1) That's 8% of your year. That's pretty damn huge. You sleep about 35% of the year, probably work/school 35%, that only leaves 30% left for free time. This includes eating, hanging out with friends (if you have any) and family, playing other games, watching movies, vacations and all the other things in life such as showering and scratching your a$$.

so in reality, since you only have 30% of the year for free time, and it's 8% of your total time for Skyrim, that's almost 1/3 of your free time in the whole year. Truly fascinating if it has actually happened before!

Only games i think could get that many hours of gameplay is MMO's that people get mentally addicted to. Such as a long-running game like WoW. These people can play the game for like 10 years and those hours are going to add up.

Honestly too many hours. I have a bit of completionist ocd when it comes to games ,so skyrim is my worst enemy.
There's nothing like putting in a crapload of hours only to get a quest that I can't complete due to any number of buggy reasons.

I have spent over 200 total. Before I bought my gaming computer I had it for 360. After I got the computer, I started up again having fun with mods and the console commands. I plan on playing even more.

deathzero021:
I call bulls*** all over this thread. 700 hours? you got to be kidding me. That's about a full month of 24/7 gaming. longest gameplay time i've ever had in a video game is 128 hours and that was over the course of at least 4 years of playing that game occasionally.

If we were to do some math, say Skyrim is 12 months old for simplicity. That means you spent about 1/12 of your life playing this game in the time it's existed. (assuming you got it day 1) That's 8% of your year. That's pretty damn huge. You sleep about 35% of the year, probably work/school 35%, that only leaves 30% left for free time. This includes eating, hanging out with friends (if you have any) and family, playing other games, watching movies, vacations and all the other things in life such as showering and scratching your a$$.

so in reality, since you only have 30% of the year for free time, and it's 8% of your total time for Skyrim, that's almost 1/3 of your free time in the whole year. Truly fascinating if it has actually happened before!

Only games i think could get that many hours of gameplay is MMO's that people get mentally addicted to. Such as a long-running game like WoW. These people can play the game for like 10 years and those hours are going to add up.

For someone without a job, It really adds up. Hasn't been that hard to get up to roughly 700.

Two characters on level 81, one of which has done everything and one of which has done almost everything, one character on level 14, one on level 10, a few more too low to bother mentioning.

400 over 3 characters!

I plan to start again when all the DLC is out! I just hope the DLC adds light armor that makes leveling up light armor worth a damn!

Steam reads 31 hours! I don't recall doing 31 hours! I've killed 2 dragons! That's it! I'm barely scratching the surface!

deathzero021:

My friend has 881 hours of Football Manager 2012 recorded on steam, and that's over 11 months. It's a very slow moving game, and he probably leaves it on while he does other things. But he plays it basically a few hours every day, whilst watching TV or something.

It's a different sort of game, but still a crazy number of hours.

700 hours in a year works out as basically 2 hours a day. That doesn't seem too ridiculous, especially when you consider that the sort of person that would still be playing Skyrim after a year spent very long periods during the first couple of weeks of release and for a bit after the DLC was released, probably at least 8 hours a day. 8 hours a day for two weeks after release, and one week after Dawnguard released = 168 hours. 700-168=532. 532/365=1.5 hours a day since then.

Not too crazy when you think about it.

expansions? dlc? no, no i dont think so. i have a modding community that has been constantly making stuff 10 times better than any of the skyrim dlc thus far. but really that doesnt matter to me anymore either. i have about 200 hours, among several characters. i more than got my moneys worth but i cannot stomach the gameplay anymore and i cant imagine any mods or expansions making me want to ever play the game again

~250 hours: three characters at about 80 hours each, then a fourth with 10ish hours.

Bhaalspawn:
Nine.

And when I look over my save file, I've done nearly everything.

I'm sorry, what?

OT: About 90, according to Steam.
I'm guessing 70 or so of that was on my first character.

231 hours - or so says Steam. I'd say that is spread out over about three characters since release.

Steam says 308 hours, but ever since I installed some script altering mods that mean I don't launch it through steam it hasn't kept track of playtime or achievements, so it's probably at least half that again.

deathzero021:

I honestly don't see that as being very surprising. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people on this website spend the majority of their free time playing video games. When I was in high school and didn't go out much, I would be in school from 830-3, be home by 4, and then play video games for most of the evening. If one stays up until 12 or 1, not counting time spent eating, that's potentially 6 hours of game time five days per week. Lets double that on the weekends, and we have 54 hours logged per week.

If you look at it this way, the larger figures people are throwing out shouldn't seem that unreasonable.

100 hours on my first char who was a Nord warrior type.
Created a mage after that and my Nord got automatically deleted, probably for bug reasons. Played for 20 hours or so then I got my platinum. Haven't started it up again since. I want to, but the fucking memory leak issues on the PS3 drives me mad.

ive logged about 12 hours into the game so far and its already getting boring. ive had the game for a week now . im playing as a female nord warrior mage combination. ive recently completed the talk to greybeards and learn new shouts quest in the main quest line while also killed kematu in the swindlers den side quest. i dont think ill be playing more than 50 hours total.
the quests are so boring and repetitive they become a chore more than being fun.
its difficult to imagine how some of you have put hundreds of hours into this game.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked