How many hours have you devoted to Skyrim?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Probably between 300 and 400 hours. I have a lot of characters :P

Mr.Tea:

aguspal:
LOL at the multiple characters part

As much as I loved skyrim, why would I play the same game for no reason more than once...

Says the guy with a Mario avatar??

Glass houses, mate...

I dont see what Mario games have to do with what I just said.

And I honestly havent played a mario game since Gamecube, the avatar is really there simply fo rthe sake of having an avatar (That dosnt means I hate Mario or anything, thougt, I like his game and all... its cool).

mohit9206:
ive logged about 12 hours into the game so far and its already getting boring. ive had the game for a week now . im playing as a female nord warrior mage combination. ive recently completed the talk to greybeards and learn new shouts quest in the main quest line while also killed kematu in the swindlers den side quest. i dont think ill be playing more than 50 hours total.
the quests are so boring and repetitive they become a chore more than being fun.
its difficult to imagine how some of you have put hundreds of hours into this game.

You think...you think the fun in skyrim is in the main quest...lmao. That hasn't been true for any Elder Scrolls game. The main quest in morrowind was meh. Oblivion's was impressive aesthetically, but that's pretty much it. I never finished Skyrim's main quest.

OT: Uh, probably 250~ hours or so on one character.

I've put 87 hours into my first character and really haven't progressed the story that much. I've maxed out my sneak and one-handed skills so couple that with my Dark Brotherhood gloves, I can pretty much kill anything so long as it's a sneak attack. I want to create more characters, but I want to get a hard drive for my 360 first so I can cut down on the loading times, download the update patches, and get in on some of these DLC packs because they look interesting.

I've only logged ~85 hours with my one character. I've got my one-handed skill maxed, pair that with my ebony mace and my firebolt spell and I'm nearly unstoppable.

209 hours, but I often just leave my computer on in game while I'm making food or something so figure closer to 195-200 range. One normal run through. Wiped my hard drive. And did a completionist run to do absolutely everything except the radial quests. I'm still never actually 'finished' everything still have like 1 or 2 of those dragon masks missing and only have like half of the houses, but apart from that I'm probably mostly done?

Oh god That's over 8 days of straight Skyrim, what am I doing with my life.

deathzero021:
I call bulls*** all over this thread. 700 hours? you got to be kidding me. That's about a full month of 24/7 gaming. longest gameplay time i've ever had in a video game is 128 hours and that was over the course of at least 4 years of playing that game occasionally.

If we were to do some math, say Skyrim is 12 months old for simplicity. That means you spent about 1/12 of your life playing this game in the time it's existed. (assuming you got it day 1) That's 8% of your year. That's pretty damn huge. You sleep about 35% of the year, probably work/school 35%, that only leaves 30% left for free time. This includes eating, hanging out with friends (if you have any) and family, playing other games, watching movies, vacations and all the other things in life such as showering and scratching your a$$.

so in reality, since you only have 30% of the year for free time, and it's 8% of your total time for Skyrim, that's almost 1/3 of your free time in the whole year. Truly fascinating if it has actually happened before!

Only games i think could get that many hours of gameplay is MMO's that people get mentally addicted to. Such as a long-running game like WoW. These people can play the game for like 10 years and those hours are going to add up.

Well... you're wrong then I guess. I have about 400 hours on it, and I get a lot of things done. I haven't seriously had a real sit-down with Skyrim for about 5 months so for someone to say they have done less than double that in twice the amount of time makes sense to me.

Probably around 300 hours spread across 11 characters with a highest level 66 Orc Warrior

An unsettling amount that cannot be healthy. We'll leave it at that.

361 hours

1 character

I find collecting and/or selling everything of at least modest value to be fun, so that eats a lot of time. Also no fast travel, it's for suckers.

deathzero021:
bulls***

(not gonna requote you, since it's been done 100 times already)

Picture someone devoted enough to do a huge gaming binge, for the first few weeks (game first came out shortly before Christmas, so people had time off from school). It would be easy enough for that person to rack up a good chunk of those 700 hours in a short time like that.

Let's assume that this person then becomes active in the modding community and thus stays interested in the game.

Then consider that we might be talking about a child/teenager that doesn't have a summer job and thus has an awful amount of spare time, during his off-school season.

It's not a huge stretch for me. It's not that hard to rack up 100 hours in a month (3-4 hours a day, spread evenly) and that's assuming that someone would consistently play the game like that for 7 months. And like you said, it's been 12 months, so he didn't even had to play the game that intensely.

uhhh...Maybe a week? I fucking Raped skyrim. But the combat bored me to hell to be honest...so someone told me "Play dark souls" And i did, and i never looked back. I'm not displeased at all.

Bhaalspawn:
Nine.

And when I look over my save file, I've done nearly everything.

Ya, I'm gonna call BS on the nearly done everything part.

OT: Adding up the time from each of my save files I have played for 203 hours. Still going strong too.

Steam says 369 hours, but I've been launching it through Nexus Mod Manager, so there's probably extra time stacked up. I've spent significantly longer than that fantasising about the game, too.

I have to be creeping up to 1000 by now, modding and testing is fairly time consuming. 400~ is probably my actual playing to be playing time.

I'm at 200 give or take a few hours. 110 hours on one character and the rest spread across 4 or 5 more.

1st character: Female Nord, completed main storyline, civil war quest, is the Companion's Harbinger, killed the vampires and has a lovely home ;) 60+ hours
2nd Character: Male Dark Elf, completed Dark Brotherhood and Theives Guild, Sided with the vamps and has all the daedric toys 50+ hours
3rd Character Female Orc, Completed theives and Companions, civil war and daedric quests 40+ hours
4th Character: Level 50 Imperial completed hardly anything (my mucking around character) 40+ hours

200 hours give or take, and I'll be getting back into it when Dragonborn lands

609 hours according to Steam.

It isn't enough. It's never enough. Too many awesome mods!

I'd say that's over five characters, only one of which has finished the main quest.

Around 9.

Once I realized how devoid of interesting things to do the game was, and that every single sidequest/dungeon was basically 'kill all the draugr', I gave up.

Well, I never really liked Elder Scrolls but yeah. (Also when the fuck are they going to hire competent animators? It's better than Oblivion's completely horrible animation suite but it's still subpar)

Rose and Thorn:
Since I play Skyrim on console I can't track how many hours I have played, but it is probably one of my most played game...ever. Atleast in such a short time, since it has only been out for a year I maybe have put 150-200 hours into it.

Not sure about on the PS3, but if you're on 360 it states how many hours you have played on the game save screen. Each individual save has it's own total. I'm at about 190. I finally got around to facing Alduin the other day:)

I think I finished the main game at like 140-150 hours. I haven't played much of the DLC yet.

I have played it about 500 hours. On Xbox 360 so no mods except the DLC.

aguspal:

As much as I loved skyrim, why would I play the same game for no reason more than once...

Either way, I dont have amagical hour counter and its been a while since I played this, but I am guessing roguhtly 80 hours? maybe a little less idk.

Got about 5-6 different characters. Why?

Because I don't mix the different playstyles, I have one warrior, one mage and one thief, then I've thrown in some other ones like a barbarian and an archer aswell. Keeps the game more interesting then having one character to do all things with.

I would have to go add up all the time from my individual characters, but I'm going to guess... 500 hours

Whoa! Spooky, I totaled up all my character saves, 501 hours

Just a scrub compared to many, but still an impressive amount of hours I like to think.

I stopped counting around 200 hours, with one main character (Northerner/Viking rogue), another 'more educated pick' main character (Kajit rogue) and an experimental build that was mainly just there to show me how the game would handle extreme min-maxing. Oh, and about 12 bonus hours after I figured out how to get a non-XBOX controller to work on my Windows install. I am symmetrical, the XBOX controller is not. It gives me aches and it insults my eyes.

Then there's quite some weekends playing Barbie's little pink dollhouse pony horsie pool party castle building, beautifying the game beyond postcard perfection. That was fun. So much fun I eventually lost interest in the actual game and only craved for more visual perfection until my eyes got sore and my brain exploded.

Not very interested in vampires (Thanks to Twilight's inanity and media presence overload), not interested in building my own home... with less options than the hackery/mod approach offered. As long as I cannot build my fairy princess tower of doom built entirely from High Elf skulls, I am plain not interested.

4 or 5 hundred. Too much for the console version.

White_Lama:
I have played it about 500 hours. On Xbox 360 so no mods except the DLC.

aguspal:

Either way, I dont have amagical hour counter and its been a while since I played this, but I am guessing roguhtly 80 hours? maybe a little less idk.

Got about 5-6 different characters. Why?

Because I don't mix the different playstyles, I have one warrior, one mage and one thief, then I've thrown in some other ones like a barbarian and an archer aswell. Keeps the game more interesting then having one character to do all things with.

Opinons.

I rather prefer to have a godlike level 50 character that excells in everything and I get to see almost everything the game offers at me, and call it a day and move on to the next game.

Its not like I rushed or didnt enjoined it, either. I loved skyrim while it lasted (If a bit of a glitch fest), and damn it lasted pretty long all things considerated.

About 1200 hours, though a lot of that is likely when I left the game on in the background for days on end.

Steam says 82 hours, though my sister created a save and played a little too, so it's probably more like 75. However, that 75 hours includes doing the main quest twice and doing all the side quests I encountered along the way. (On my second play through. The first I just did the main quest then deleted that character because I didn't like it.)

Up until a month ago, I was at 115 hours. Then I got Hearthfire and Dawnguard and I was excited to play again. I added an other twenty five hours with the DLC, finishing other side quests and just random venturing. Plus, I had become pretty committed to max levelling my Bosmer. Once I had completed all the stuff I wanted to though, I got bored and stopped playing.

All that to say, 140 hours with one lvl 78 character.

Easily over 500 on various saves but since I went to uni 0. That will all change when Dragonborn in out

aguspal:
Either way, I dont have amagical hour counter

On the PS3, the save game tells you your total hours played and Steam tells you your total hours played on every game.

Dunno if the 360 does either of those things, but I'd imagine it does.

OT: About 80 hours. I played it for 40 on my brother's PS3, then bought it for PC in March and played for another 40.

Wow. not nearly as many as some of these people.

Maybe 50 or so.

Not alot, 100 maybe? Recently it has mostly been scavenging for samples. Never finished the game

80+ with wood elf bow/sword girl,, and started a new with a a imperial mage.. one day i will continue him.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked