What are your ideas for Assassins Creed Locations?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I love the Assassins Creed games, and I think the best thing about them is the changing locales and time periods. So, what would be your ideal time period and location for an AC game?

Mine would be Nazi Germany. No explanation needed.

London, 1800s.
I just think it would be really cool to run around in London during that time period, the scenery would be nice.
Nazi Germany would be really cool though.

Oh my god nazi germany .. the history . . the locations. . THE ASSASSINATIONS. You just blew all my ideas out of the water.

Old france, london, feudal japan, south america when the spanish were there, russia during the revolution, and there's a whole heap more places to go. Maybe a game where you travel around the world? See a lot of minor locations.

Yup, the two places I'd most like to run around, leap across and stab dudes in have already been mentioned, Feudal Japan and Nazi Germany.

A sci-fi city type place would be cool too, but that's definitely not AC, that's where Prey 2 comes in...riiiiight...?

IBlackKiteI:
Yup, the two places I'd most like to run around, leap across and stab dudes in have already been mentioned, Feudal Japan and Nazi Germany.

A sci-fi city type place would be cool too, but that's definitely not AC, that's where Prey 2 comes in...riiiiight...?

I was thinking feudal China, or indeed China in any aspect, at least pagodas are climbable.

The future on the whole planet, but instead of having fixed buildings you can erect them with your super powers and shoot lasers from your eyes while riding a flying donkey on meth and screaming COBRA because you're apart of that group but really you're working for the Joes, also you have a red panda for a sidekick that's sassy but he only acts that way because he was hurt as a child and now he can't trust anyone with his true feelings... Your love interest is a leper and in one scene you use her arm to beat up the bad guys but it's OK because it's the future and you can just re-attach it. She also has swords for legs and you can have her on your back while you assassinate people on the moon. Oh and your gun shoots streamers but they don't really do anything the protagonist is just a really happy person.

I'd also like to see it done in Japan but that's a really plain answer.

I definitely think going back in time would work better - the more guns get involved the less fun is had in my opinion!

Two words: Roman Empire

Personally I'd put it in London during the plague and around the time of The Great Fire Of London.

Or possibly later on and it turns out that you are Jack The Ripper! "What a twist"

Akratus:
Oh my god nazi germany .. the history . . the locations. . THE ASSASSINATIONS. You just blew all my ideas out of the water.

The only problem being the technology... you may as well just make it Sniper Elite AC edition... :/ Unless you go around poisoning everyone, knifing guys surrounded by more guys with MP40's isn't that pleasant a prospect, particularly when the AC franchise's 'stealth' aspect isn't as emphasised as it really should be.

Hollyday:
I definitely think going back in time would work better - the more guns get involved the less fun is had in my opinion!

Two words: Roman Empire

Now this, I agree with... go back to the days of the transition from Republic to Empire... the kills could be great, whether it's from the rise of Marius (targets including Ad'erbal, Saturninus, Glaucia and the original Populares, or even poisoning Marius so that he suffers his stroke) to the Second Triumvirate (targets including, Brutus, Cassius, Antonius, Cleopatra with settings all across the Eastern Mediterranean). Sweet setting, that...

Ancient Egypt
Ancient Greece
Feudal Japan
Victorian London
Northern Ireland during 'The Troubles'. Only because I'm from there :)

I think someone else said the French Revolution. I Think that would work pretty well.

No, wait for it... Russia!

ooh, I got chills.

Well ACIII really made me want a game set during the time of pirates, but I also would like a french revolution game

I wanted an AC game set on the russian revolution, but noooooooooo
ubisoft had to make a comic about it instead...

so I'm gonna go with this:
Apartheid-era South Africa

Here's an idea I made about a year ago. Let this happen!

I can't help but feel that Ancient Egypt would be a fun place. Plenty of tall buildings to jump off of.

Something Aztec, or Mayan. Just run right up one of them big temples and stab a guy.

If you think about it, the series would keep going forward in time, so the War of 1812 would kind of be a direct sequel, of course the Industrial Revolution would be fun... It would be fun to take out mob bosses during the Prohibition and Great Depression... If we didn't have to go forward in time? I would love to go after Napoleon Bonaparte.... Visiting Rapture in 1949 would be fun...

Teejonis Rahl:
If you think about it, the series would keep going forward in time, so the War of 1812 would kind of be a direct sequel, of course the Industrial Revolution would be fun... It would be fun to take out mob bosses during the Prohibition and Great Depression... If we didn't have to go forward in time? I would love to go after Napoleon Bonaparte.... Visiting Rapture in 1949 would be fun...

Obviously, I am American

This one is based more around story and history than recognisable locations to play around in. Twelfth century England and Normandy, first off all you get to play around in the anarchy of king Stephens reign, for example the events preceding the battle of Lincoln in 1141, Lincoln castle is taken by a trick, three lords, including Ranulf of Chester I think, supposedly coming to collect their wives from Lincoln castle use it as a chance to grab whatever lying is about and take thee castle by force, fun times. Then in the reign of Henry II, virtually everyone who could potentially pose a threat to Henry II in the early years of his reign or even be a bit inconvenient dies. Starting with Eustace, king Stephens heir dies of Smiting, whatever the hell that means, Ranulf of Chester who was only loyal to himself, King David of Scotland who Henry kind of promised the north of England too, those are just to name a few. Oh then later on we can kill that pesky Thomas Beckett.

And if by an obscure chance you've seen the film the lion in winter, the original not the remake with Patrick Stewart, you'll know that'll be easy to work Henry II, Eleanor and their sons into some really fun characters.

Could be difficult to work the knights Templars into this as I think they are still about but not even tangentially connected to these events, apart from when the hold castles in the Vexin for a short period of time due some complex marriage diplomacy. Or even fit the assassins into the game as they are still hanging around in their fort if i remember my lore correctly, ah well still a good setting for an assassination based game.

Russian Revolution.

I'd pay 500€ for a Russian Revolution AC, and I'm poor.

It's just awesome, and since during Russian Revolution, Russia was damn poor, they didn't have great technology.
besides we could see the desperation from the cold winters and poverty and also fight some german soldiers.
But it's unlikely, we already have lots of info about Russian revolution in Assassin's Creed. Lenin's brother was an assassin, the assassin's supported Lenin and the bolcheviks and were against Czars.

Funny thing, Hitler, Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt were all Templars. yeah, fuck them all.

I cast my vote for Feudal Japan.

It'd be like Tenchu, but with better gameplay and asthetics! :3

Also, I agree with the guy that said "Whenever it takes place, it should be back in time since the more guns get involve the less fun it becomes." I know it's in the Revolutionary War, but that was one of the things I didn't like about AC III: everyone had a frickin' gun.

Seeing as how Brotherhood is still my favorite of the series, I wouldn't mind a return to Rome either.

I see a lot of requests for Nazi Germany, I doubt that'll ever happen as Ubisoft said they were going to use the games to explore eras that don't appear often in games and world war 2 is done to death.

Napoleonic War, being able to visit London and Paris during the height of their empires would be awesome.

The French revolution, considering the revolution was the working class rising up against the upper class, Assassins could definitely feature here.

The English Civil War as you could ally with Cromwell for the start but after his death you could work to restore the monarchy to keep out templar usurpers.

A cool one I think would be the protestant reformation in england under Henry VIII as it is set around the same time Ezio is alive. So you'd be booting the Catholics (templars) out of england, but you'd be allying with an asshole in the process.

Japan and China could be intresting but I know very little about their history to say when Ii'd like to see made into a game, possibly the great wall construction.

The Russian revolution sounds like a good choice, mostly because the architecture makes for far more interesting parkour than colonial America. In fact, the time period of AC 3 makes for some pretty interesting settings to move to (which could still use Connor), like Napoleonic France or Tsarist Russia.

I would love to see on in the modern day, but alas...it is not to be (If it is hinted in III, don't tell me, I haven't had time to play it yet)

I would also like it during the French Revolution, that would be sweet!

Russia or America between 2010 and 2025 as no games have met this criteria yet...
[/sarcasm]

OT: WW2 would be cool, like a up to date version of Death To SPies

I want China or Japan, 14th or 15th century please

SckizoBoy:

Akratus:

The only problem being the technology... you may as well just make it Sniper Elite AC edition... :/ Unless you go around poisoning everyone, knifing guys surrounded by more guys with MP40's isn't that pleasant a prospect, particularly when the AC franchise's 'stealth' aspect isn't as emphasised as it really should be.

Not really, he did say nazi germany so its unlikely that the player would fire that many rounds without getting the whole country after his ass. I guess that it would be more of an Hitman with parkour where the player cant be spotted at all.

I think it could work as a good game but not exactly a good Assassins Creed where there isnt exactly that much stealth like you said.

Victorian Era London
British Raj(India during British rule)
1650s-1730s Caribbean(Pirates!)
Russian Revolution

Modern day Chinese city, preferably with a noir feel to it, and lots of neon.

I'd love to see a minor storyline where Neanderthals and Sapiens coexist and the Assassins/Templars precipitate some war.

Ancient Greece would also be amazing, along with the Aztecs and Incas.

China, Russia and London are all great ideas, however now that they moved it to the USA I doubt they are going to leave sadly due to the increased sales and such.
Honestly I think ancient greece or Babylon would both be great places for an assasins creed game but they would have to set it way wayyy in the past for that to be a thing.

I don't see why they cant set it across multiple countries in a similar way to the second game's multiple cities you could visit. Sure the development time would be enormous but I like the idea. As for time periods I'd say either 10th century England or late 18th century to early 19th century Europe , possibly culminating in the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and kickstarting WWI.

Also is it just me or does anyone else think a game centered around a Templar character would be pretty fun.In AC3 especially their ideas actually made more sense than the assassins in my opinion and it would be nice to see their backstory explored some more.

THE_JOKE_KING33:
Victorian Era London
Russian Revolution

British Raj is probably the best one I've heard so far :)

gammyfootify:

THE_JOKE_KING33:
Victorian Era London
Russian Revolution

British Raj is probably the best one I've heard so far :)

Thank you :)

Ubisoft said they aren't going to do a game set during a time period that's "overused", so what better than a period that no game(to my knowledge) has used?

I'd throw an entire bag of money at Ubisoft if they make a good AC game set in 1900s Hong Kong. We could have an Asian assassin for once.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked