I cringed
9.6% (9)
9.6% (9)
It was ok
17% (16)
17% (16)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Deadpool Game

So the there is a new Deadpool game coming out apparently!
here is the Advert http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqORbzbEfoM

At first I was pretty excited and showed it to my friend, who instantly slapped it down saying it was "stupidly cringey". And now I sort of agree with him, it sort of grated on my ears when he said "boobies" because it was so high pitched. I think my friend meant Deadpool making bang bang noises is cringey, but that's just how he does his shooting, so that's fine with me.

I love Deadpool he is my favourite Marvel hero simply because he is awesome, and his comics are so unique. If you are not familiar with "The merc with a mouth" then you wont know that the little coloured boxes are a recurring theme in his stories, and are due to him being a bit insane. So as far as comic accuracy goes the game seems pretty good. I am yet to see if he has all his powers like healing factor (and according to someone immunity to telepathy please don't quote me on that, I am a DC not a Marvel).

They seem to know their stuff, but it is a good thing I don't judge a game entirely on its designer. Because he is a bit.... wel he's a flamboyant. But he does give some good info on his game, see the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Na0uf8foI&feature=relmfu

So what does everyone think of the game right now? I refuse to quote Star Wars any more because Mickey will probably sue me, so I'm gonna say: I gotta shitty feeling about this. Not an overriding shitty feel but a little feeling that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. Dont get me wrong I WANT this to be great because it's Deadpool.

Also what do you think about the Trailer?

Deadpool's been done in games before, and usually they get him quite right. Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Ultimate Alliance 2 all spring to mind. I'd say he's good and ready to star in his own game. It's looking great so far, as schizofrenic as its protagonist.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
High Moon Studios did really well with the two Transformers games so I'm confident they can pull this off. From what I hear the combat is a mix between Batman: Arkham Asylum and Devil May Cry, which sounds like a pretty awesome mix in my book.

Iwata:
Deadpool's been done in games before, and usually they get him quite right. Spider Man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Ultimate Alliance 2 all spring to mind. I'd say he's good and ready to star in his own game. It's looking great so far, as schizofrenic as its protagonist.

I remember he turned up as a shitty side boss in X men legends, now that was a good game. Deadpool was also the 3rd most memorable boss in the whole game

1st: Abyss that guy who looks like Ryuk off Death note, you fight him on an air balloon.
2nd: Holocaust he looks awesome and is named after Jewish Genocide(which was obviously evil)
3rd: Deadpool the only reason he isn't top is because he was pretty easy to kill and had around five lines of dialogue.

I forgot to say this in my first post here but I loved Deadpool before he got a game, I am therefore very cool and deserve recognition for being a better Deadpool fan than anyone who discovers him because of the game ok?

"BEST RIDE EVER" <--yes

I am looking forward to this, if they can nail the insanity I will be a happy bunny.

Action and gameplay seems run-of-the-mill but it seems like the studio captured the spirit of Deadpool. The personality he brings to the game should make it kinda/pretty good I guess. It's definitely added to my list of games I need to keep my eye on.

Anyways, thanks for bringing this to my attention! :)

A Deadpool game has great potential. Then again so would an X-Men game (cough, xmendestiny cough).

So yeah... we'll just have to wait and see. As for the trailer... yeah, it looked good, but that gives us nothing.

Being the huge X-Men fan that I am, I'm looking forward to it. High Moon Studios has shown it can make decent games out of licensed properties, hopefully this will be another notch in that belt.

Baron von Blitztank:
I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
High Moon Studios did really well with the two Transformers games so I'm confident they can pull this off. From what I hear the combat is a mix between Batman: Arkham Asylum and Devil May Cry, which sounds like a pretty awesome mix in my book.

My sentiments exactly. High Moon have proven to be thorough in doing their homework when it comes to franchise games, and until they start cocking up I intend to give them the full benefit of the doubt. I think we're in for a treat with this one. :)

Unless we get it on PC as well,I couldn't care less about this title.

On the flip side,if they would do a decent port like they did with the latest Transformers game,I would definitely be interested in it.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!! I WANT THIS GAME, I WANT IT SO BAD!

Ahem.

It seems. . . interesting. And it seems like it's ACTUALLY Deadpool as well, so obviously I want it. ^_^

I expect that it will at least be competent Devil May Cry - like game with humour and story being the primary focus.

Highmoon Studios, Nolan North, Dan Way, and Deadpool I don't see how this could be anything but good

also OP Deadpool isn't immune to telepathy, his mind is... well his mind is too convoluted and crazy so anybody trying to enter his mind would just see senseless things and might end up crazy themselves if they find out the truth that only Deadpool knows, he can still be lifted by say Emma's telepathy or stabbed by Psylocke

I don't know if it was the delivery or the writing (probably latter), but one of those combined with the bad animation just made that trailer feel so cheap and cringe-worthy

"Now let's be honest, I'm not the only one with a little bit of shit in their pants right now, am I?" was the only line that managed to make me smirk

GZGoten:

also OP Deadpool isn't immune to telepathy, his mind is... well his mind is too convoluted and crazy so anybody trying to enter his mind would just see senseless things and might end up crazy themselves if they find out the truth that only Deadpool knows, he can still be lifted by say Emma's telepathy or stabbed by Psylocke

Oh ok that guy was only partially right, thanks for setting me straight on that. As for Psylocke I am pretty sure that "more bouncy" was High moon studios version of her.

Nah not excited at all. Not one bit.

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Nah not excited at all. Not one bit.

Image is borked.

It looks like a mediocre shooter with some melee tacked on and Deadpool. So I have a feeling this will be shat on for not having groundbreaking gameplay or held on a pedestal for LOL DEADPOOL! I'm still going to keep an eye on it in case I'm wrong and it does turn out to be interesting.

I'd like to see an actual gameplay video though. It's okay so far.

it seems like they have deadpool down, now if they add at least competent (read transformers) level gameplay i will buy this.

Oh god, even the little yellow boxes...

Yup, I'm in. Saddle up and lemme see what Canada's nuttiest badass can do.

Seems like a decent tralier.
If the Deadpool guy weren't quite as obnoxious I would enjoy his humor.
Then again, I'm probably missing the point.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked