Sim City Meets Warhammer 40K

Pages PREV 1 2

I too had this dream, I called it sporehammer 40k. Cut out the evolution game, and makes pace travel about navigating warp currents. Purge heretics, explore necron tombworlds, engage in the pyrrhic victories that save a sector from a hive fleet... All in an open ended 4x style sim on a nonlinear lime axis.

Sir Shockwave:

Quazimofo:

Sir Shockwave:
I think I'd be more excited about playing this than Dawn of War 40 Billion or another SPHESS MAREEEN. Sadly, I don't think GW will ever let it see the light of day -_-

well, its not like GW is a videogame development studio, so couldn't some game dev just pay for the license and then make it anyway? (assuming they had the funding to pay for the license and development costs of course)

The point I make is that GW is *very* stingy when it comes to licensing it's own properties.

You all know the end result of some of this debacle as Starcraft, if the Urban Legends hold any amount of truth.

the rumors also hold that warcraft was the result of a similar debacle, but i don't put any merit in either, because i honestly don't care.

See?
This would be a good idea for a game on the WiiU (or any touch screen) but they're too busy trying to shoehorn FPSs and platformers onto them.

I want to play this.

The dev wouldn't even have to be THQ (or whoever does 40k now), a satire of the 40k universe would work just as well.

Jandau:
I find it mildly disturbing that there are at least two other people that have the same dream game idea as me. And not just that there are people who want a Sci-Fi management sim, but rather that they also want a Warhammer 40k planet management sim...

i rather forsee a warhammer 40k mod for planetary annihilation.

people dont really find it awesome to build stuff in the 40k universe.
well, unless it is build to destroy a lot more...

Quazimofo:

Sir Shockwave:

Quazimofo:

well, its not like GW is a videogame development studio, so couldn't some game dev just pay for the license and then make it anyway? (assuming they had the funding to pay for the license and development costs of course)

The point I make is that GW is *very* stingy when it comes to licensing it's own properties.

You all know the end result of some of this debacle as Starcraft, if the Urban Legends hold any amount of truth.

the rumors also hold that warcraft was the result of a similar debacle, but i don't put any merit in either, because i honestly don't care.

True enough. But it just goes to show GW are extreamly stingy about their licences. As another example, THQ for DoW: Dark Crusade wanted to introduce a new Auxillary Alien type. GW veto'd them, so we got the Vespid.

But this I think is starting to get Off Topic.

/tg/ has made up a fun game called chapter master/inquisitor.
Both of them play along the same lines (One meaning you are chapter master of a SM chapter, the other being an inquisitor) and you use your imagination to have fun. http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Master_%28game%29

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked