GTA V for PC Petition

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Because if it worked for Dark Souls, it damm well has to work with Rockstar, right?

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

Also, after signing, sign in this thread to bump it up for people to see (and maybe get it on the front page and get more signatures!!)

Wait, it's not getting one?
Huh.

Well, the GTA4 port was abysmal, wasn't it? And L.A. Noire on PC got a lot of criticism. Maybe they're waiting for it to be a proper port and then announcing it.

hazabaza1:
Huh.

Well, the GTA4 port was abysmal, wasn't it? And L.A. Noire on PC got a lot of criticism. Maybe they're waiting for it to be a proper port and then announcing it.

This.

GTA V will get a port. There is plenty of demand for it. Don't ask for another rushed hack job.

Didn't you hear? They announced that "they have no plans for PC or Wii U" and will only consider it "if there is a market for it"

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/gta-5-pc-version-merely-up-for-consideration-says-rockstars-dan-houser/

And yes, the GTA 4 port was terrible but L.A. Noire didn't have that problem (that I remember). It was a decent port, the faces looked weird but that's not a porting problem, the face tech simply doesn't work well on monitors and... well I don't want to start a discussion about it. Let's keep things on topic :p

Also, Max Payne 3 had it's PC version on Day-1 and I understand it was all propperly done (didn't play it myself). And like the petition says, GTA 4 ended up having a great mod community so good or bad port, it was still loved :)

It's not about asking for a rush job, it's the old dance where Rockstar says "No PC version" and PC gamers scream untill they announce the PC version we all knew was going to happen 6 months after. It's mostly damage control to make sure that happens, instead of getting another Red Dead Redemption

MammothBlade:

hazabaza1:
Huh.

This.

GTA V will get a port. There is plenty of demand for it. Don't ask for another rushed hack job.

This. No need for a petition - it'll come out, probably 6-12 months after PS3 and 360 versions are released. No need for a petition, they know there's a definite market for the game, they're just doing the usual smoke and daggers.

Huh, too bad. This is the first GTA game I took an interest in. The MC is the old guy from the trailer, right? I was really looking forward to it, he seemed like a really interesting character. Too bad, I hope the petition gets the signatures and works but I'm not really the type to put my name on those kinds of things.

Consider this post a bump because I would like to play this game if it ever gets a PC release.

distortedreality:

MammothBlade:

hazabaza1:
Huh.

This.

This. No need for a petition - it'll come out, probably 6-12 months after PS3 and 360 versions are released. No need for a petition, they know there's a definite market for the game, they're just doing the usual smoke and daggers.

Let's hope. That's the thing, you'd think it works that way but with Rockstar, you just don't know. Bully was supposedly a permanent no-show and then BAM! PC version out of nowehere. Then with Red Dead Redemption we all though "of course they'll put it on PC in 6-12 months" and it never happened. So we thought L.A. would have the same fate but DING! PC version suddenly was a thing.

Of course, GTA is a whole other story. It's too big to simply not bring it to PC. But like I said, who the hell can predict Rockstar at this point. If this pushes them even a little bit in our direction, it'll have been worth it.

How about you people sign the petition anyway even if you have faith that they will release it eventually.

Thank you.

Listen to the man with the robot arms.

I'd much rather a PC version than an inferior console variant, seems I have no choice but to plump for one now. Better to get something almost as good instead of not at all.

Which is the lead platform by the way?

distortedreality:
... they're just doing the usual smoke and daggers.

Smoke and daggers?

Heh. I think you got your phrases mixed up there. It's either "cloak and dagger" or "smoke and mirrors".

Although I suppose "smoke and daggers" could be appropriate if ninjas are involved.

A petition already? Weren't Rockstar already considering one? Christ, calm down people, give Rockstar time. They are considering Wii-U and PC ports, just be patient.

I'm starting to get sick of Rockstar's attitude towards their PC customers. Ever since Vice City they have hinted that they may not make PC ports of the series, and the ports have usually been late with mediocre quality.

If they really think they can express themselves better on consoles they should do that. Come on Rockstar stick to your words and leave us alone. You can keep your watered down physics, your QTEs, your DRMs and your linear gameplay.

But if you want to make quality PC games again, I'll be the first to buy them.

GoaThief:
I'd much rather a PC version than an inferior console variant, seems I have no choice but to plump for one now. Better to get something almost as good instead of not at all.

Well, you always have the choice of passing on it. It is exactly what I'm going to do because I won't buy myself a console or a game that is ported half a year later on in the usual Rockstar port quality.

TheKasp:
Well, you always have the choice of passing on it. It is exactly what I'm going to do because I won't buy myself a console or a game that is ported half a year later on in the usual Rockstar port quality.

Yeah, especially when it takes another 6 months of patching to make the fucking thing work properly.

TheKasp:
Well, you always have the choice of passing on it. It is exactly what I'm going to do because I won't buy myself a console

There is nothing inherently wrong with owning and playing games on consoles. I own all of this generation's (excluding Wii U, if that counts anyway?), abstaining from them alltogether means you're missing out on some decent exclusives for starters besides sometimes coming over as a bit of a pretentious snob. Red Dead Redemption is a good and relevant example of the above, it was quite rightly considered game of the year for most.

That said, the next generation of consoles can't come soon enough... but for "us" PC gamers that could be a good thing as many developers are considering the PC as a more viable alternative and popularity is continuously rising after a little lull. That makes Rockstar's plans all the more strange unless PC gamers are really that fickle and GTA doesn't sell well enough to even warrant a port.

GoaThief:

There is nothing inherently wrong with owning and playing games on consoles. I own all of this generation's (excluding Wii U, if that counts anyway?), abstaining from them alltogether means you're missing out on some decent exclusives for starters besides sometimes coming over as a bit of a pretentious snob. Red Dead Redemption is a good and relevant example of the above, it was quite rightly considered game of the year for most.

That said, the next generation of consoles can't come soon enough... but for "us" PC gamers that could be a good thing as many developers are considering the PC as a more viable alternative and popularity is continuously rising after a little lull. That makes Rockstar's plans all the more strange unless PC gamers are really that fickle and GTA doesn't sell well enough to even warrant a port.

Oh pluh-ease don't throw me into the same pit as the scrubs who hate on consoles. I just simply don't have the money for it and it, as a student the priority for my spendings goes flat, food, university supplies, pc, rest. And since I'm studying IT university supplies and pc often overlap. I literally don't even own a TV (and don't really plan on owning one until I finish university). So even if I'm not picking up a new console but a used one it has to come with the possibility of playing without a TV -> handhelds are my option to go.

And even if I may look down upon consoles hardware because... well, my rig exceeds it by a large margin, this does not mean that I look down upon anyone who chose a console as his primary platform... And somewhat I envy those who are in the position to afford all of them because like you stated, there are several exclusives I'd like to play (there are by now 3 or 4 console exclusive I would love to get my hands on).

All I wanted to imply that there is always the option many forget: Skipping on the game. Be it for monetary reasons (like me) and / or ideological reasons (well, the other half of my reasoning behind skipping on the game which I haven't wrote down yet).

Well.. Fuck. I would be almost tempted to buy a console for this game if their lifespan wasn't at an end. Hopefully Rockstar will release the game 6 months later like they always do.

Wild_Marker:
Because if it worked for Dark Souls, it damm well has to work with Rockstar, right?

a half assed PC port means the petition worked?...

I mean, I know they at least tried to satisface their fans, but cmon on... a game company should do better than that shit that was the pc port of Dark Souls.

Anyways I dont care about GTA since gta 4 so... give it a go, fans.

TheKasp:

Oh pluh-ease don't throw me into the same pit as the scrubs who hate on consoles.

I tried not to with careful wording, sorry about that! :)

I remember those student days very well, totally understandable that not everyone can afford it. Especially now the economy has gone to poop, I don't even know if I'll be able to do it next time around... but that's a different story. Xboxes can be picked up really cheaply second hand though, sub 100 here in the UK with controllers and a couple of games - certainly worth looking into if you want to get one.

I'm interested to hear your idealogical reasons too.

I give as much a damn about Rockstar and Ubisoft as they do about PC gaming. If they want to sell garbage for 7 year old hardware, to heck with them. Saints Row 3 is orders of magnitude more enjoyable than any GTA game, possibly excepting Vice City.

GoaThief:

And why is the console version inferior, if I may ask?

I much prefer GTA on consoles, it's where it belongs.

GoaThief:

I'm interested to hear your idealogical reasons too.

It is cheaper for me to import new games from UK to Germany... I really don't even want to look into the costs of a console and a not-butt TV with it.

The reasons I won't pick up a GTA V is actually quite simple: I don't think that Rockstar as a company represents anything that I, as a customer can relate to. First: I am a PC gamer and the company did not show PC gamers any love for some time. GTA IV was an abysmal port, same goes for L.A. Noire (though I am honestly going to praise this game for everything else. I am just a little too used to some technological advantages of a PC that I can overlook certain limitations - even if they are reasonable). RDR was a game I had interest in. And finally Max Payne 3... Well no. They incorporated many things I dislike in an installment of a game series I quite enjoyed. And add to that the horrendous long loading times and unskipable cutscenes during that.

So yeah, by now I'm sure that even if there would be a port of GTA V I will find things I dislike about it in under 4h. Things that are going to make me stop playing the game and never touch it again. Like what happened to L.A. Noire for me, too many subjective gamebreaking stuff that is just reflected in the whole development of their games.

fenrizz:

GoaThief:

Depends on the player.. i thought aswell until i actually tried GTA4 on PC.. and just thought the controls were so right! :) but comes down to the person ^^

and i can quickly answer the inferior question... Processing power and graphical power.. huge difference... but wont go down that road more than that ^^

Good day to you good sir!

i just dont hope they dont do a Red Dead Redemption.. no PC version at all :( still.. got a tiny hope it will someday find its way to PC.. still a good game though, will also get GTAV on PS3 if it doesnt hit PC.. but it will eventually 6-12 months after ofcourse x)

fenrizz:

Resolution, textures, draw distances, frame rates, mods... need I go on? PC hardware is much more advanced than consoles, objectively speaking I don't see how you can claim the consoles have superiority here.

Despite GTA being released on PC before the Playstation port? Until GTA III arrived I think many considered the series PC games moreso than anything else, especially considering the multiplayer + networking. DMA Design were always Amiga/PC developers before being later bought out.

Zhukov:

distortedreality:

Smoke and daggers?

Heh. I think you got your phrases mixed up there. It's either "cloak and dagger" or "smoke and mirrors".

Although I suppose "smoke and daggers" could be appropriate if ninjas are involved.

Heh, I was half asleep.

Being GTA though, if ninjas aren't involved, i'd be surprised.

Why do we want GTAV on PC?

Because this is what GTAIV looks like on PC:

Zhukov:

distortedreality:

Smoke and daggers?

No, it's quite accurate. They employ both tricks and false statements, then stab you.

They always play coy and it always eventually turns up. Annoying and obnoxious, yes. Petition worthy? Not really.

Honestly, let's try not to turn this into a stupid ass console/pc war. Since I can afford it I have both a decent PC that can run games well and a PS3 so that when something like GTA V, Red Dead, Little Big Planet, or Heavy Rain I can play them. Also in the way of PC without it I could not play my games like Binding of Isaac, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., KotOR, FTL, or Thief. So let's just be friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Gamer_Fries:
Honestly, let's try not to turn this into a stupid ass console/pc war. Since I can afford it I have both a decent PC that can run games well and a PS3 so that when something like GTA V, Red Dead, Little Big Planet, or Heavy Rain I can play them. Also in the way of PC without it I could not play my games like Binding of Isaac, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., KotOR, FTL, or Thief. So let's just be friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA

Or maybe we SHOULD turn it into a flame war. Seems likely to attract more comments, bumping the thread further, and giving the petition more exposure. Therefore -> Success.

PS: I am a master of diabolical plans (muahahaha?)

hazabaza1:
Huh.

It's being "considered," which means it will come out with near certainty.

Meanwhile, PC gamers will demand a port, then complain about what they're given.

Zachary Amaranth:

hazabaza1:
Huh.

It's being "considered," which means it will come out with near certainty.

Meanwhile, PC gamers will demand a port, then complain about what they're given.

To be fair, if GTAV on PC is the same quality as IV or Dark Souls, anyone who plays games has every right to complain.

The PC community doesn't deserve a port. They moan and whine and bitch about not getting a port at the start. Then when it turns out their is a port they whine and bitch about weather it will be better than the console one and then when it finally does come out they whine and botch because they got their better than the console version port but it doesn't run butter smooth on their system, so the developer patches the game fixes the flaws and after a year or so the game works, looks better and is actually better than the console version so what do the PC crowd do? Whine and bitch and moan about any and every little thing any new patches changes and then when it is finally time for the sequel the PC community whines and bitches and moans because the developer hasn't said their will even be a PC release, is it any fucking wonder?

To be fair, if GTAV on PC is the same quality as IV or Dark Souls, anyone who plays games has every right to complain.

Really you're comparing the port qualities of Dark Souls and GTA4?

GTA4 may have had a shoddy initial port but that was down to squeezing a multi threaded game engine on to the at the time very weak PC CPUs. Rockstar still delivered in the long run a game that looks better, plays better and runs better than the one that is on the console where as Dark Souls from day one was nothing more than a direct console port, no addons, not even the basics resolution options for the PC version

Adam Jensen:
How about you people sign the petition anyway even if you have faith that they will release it eventually.

This. Stop debating whether they'll maybe do it in 6-12 months and let them know that you want them to do it. As Rockstar said, they'll do it if there's a market for it. This is how you let them know that the market exists. If you want the game, spend 2 minutes to do it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked