Last of Us Preorder Bonuses

Don't know if its been posted already but saw a blog post on playstation.com that revealed the preorder bonuses for the last of us.

Bonuses:
Sights and Sounds Pack (obtained by preordering at participating retailers)
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile - Winter Joel and Winter Ellie

Survival Pack (obtained by preordering at gamestop)
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

Note: It appears that preordering at gamestop will net you both preorder bonuses.

IMO looks like typical preorder fare. Soundtrack might be nice for some people but nothing too special by the looks of it. Curious to see if there will be a collectors edition.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/09/the-last-of-us-on-ps3-may-7th-2013-pre-order-bonuses-new-trailer-revealed/

Also for those of you who haven't seen it, here's the sexy new trailer for the game.

multiplayer? but why? other then the need for the market. but i just cant see it fitting anywhere. i thought it would be one big epic story and no wasted resources on multiplayer unless is coop.

xshadowscreamx:
multiplayer? but why? other then the need for the market. but i just cant see it fitting anywhere. i thought it would be one big epic story and no wasted resources on multiplayer unless is coop.

I think there will be at least some coop due to the presence of special skins for the 2 main characters. I can't imagine it be just deathmatch with the little girl running around teabagging people lol

eh..unless its physical stuff this doesnt really interest me

NightHawk21:

xshadowscreamx:

I think there will be at least some coop due to the presence of special skins for the 2 main characters. I can't imagine it be just deathmatch with the little girl running around teabagging people lol

That image is a little wrong considering she's aged 12 - 14 years old.

As for why there is multiplayer, there is no good reason, it just seems that every game needs multiplayer for some reason. Meh, unless its awesome, it'll probably go as unplayed as the one on Uncharted 2 + 3.

Also, why does May seem so far away? I want to play this game now. *throws childish tantrum*

xshadowscreamx:

I suppose it'd be something like Uncharted multiplayer since the gameplay videos I've seen so far has the main character being able to use cover and guns and things like that.

Vault101:

Pre-order bonuses are never physical stuff. Although I imagine it will probably have a collectors edition that will have something or other like that.

Catfood220:

NightHawk21:

xshadowscreamx:

That image is a little wrong considering she's aged 12 - 14 years old.

As for why there is multiplayer, there is no good reason, it just seems that every game needs multiplayer for some reason. Meh, unless its awesome, it'll probably go as unplayed as the one on Uncharted 2 + 3.

Also, why does May seem so far away? I want to play this game now. *throws childish tantrum*

You know you can just not play the multiplayer right?

The argument that its wasted effort that could have been spent on the single player doesnt hold water when you realise its 2 completely seperate teams that work on them. You rarely if ever see the people who work on the single player get shoe horned into the MP development, especially from such a large company. I feel confident saying the inclusion of the MP wont effect the SP in any way shape or form.

Legion:

Pre-order bonuses are never physical stuff. Although I imagine it will probably have a collectors edition that will have something or other like that.

I know....it just reminded me of collectors editions that sell digital stuff as an enticment...personally if I'm getting a collectors of anything I want swag...not 1's and 0's

dont know about last of us but a bit annoyed Dead Space 3 doesnt seem to be getting a collectors :(

xshadowscreamx:
multiplayer? but why? other then the need for the market.....

even then I'd question that...I don't think Assasins creed 3 having no multi would have hurt sales at all, not to mention plenty of games in the past 2 years havn't had it (Deus Ex,Batman AC, Dishonoured,Sleeping Dogs)

honestly most of the time theres no need for it period

Abandon4093:

The argument that its wasted effort that could have been spent on the single player doesnt hold water when you realise its 2 completely seperate teams that work on them. You rarely if ever see the people who work on the single player get shoe horned into the MP development, especially from such a large company. I feel confident saying the inclusion of the MP wont effect the SP in any way shape or form.

while that may be true its still money/rescources

Vault101:

Abandon4093:

while that may be true its still money/rescources

That may or may not have been well spent. We won't know until it's out.

At worst, naughty dog will have spent a little extra cash giving some people on their team some work to do which didn't give any significant return.

At best, it's money well spent that helpe persuade a significant enough amount of people who are on the fence about the game to buy it at release.

I'm not really seeing how it's an issue or how it effects anyone who doesn't want the multiplayer.

Abandon4093:

I'm not really seeing how it's an issue or how it effects anyone who doesn't want the multiplayer.

I know that...it just makes me wonder somtimes, (perhaps not in Naughty Dogs case) but when you feel like there's the business people sitting in the room saying "COD has multiplayer, can we put multiplayer in this thing?" it makes me have a certain amount of suspicion is all

and I mention COD because I get the impression the MP craze can be traced back to that and Halo

Official soundtrack, you say? Interesting

Eh, multiplayer doesn't interest me and everything else suggests "make the game easier" mode. Nothing really interesting and actually... makes me think I won't pre-order it now. Thanks for the heads up though. I appreciate it.

So the escapist editors just posted an article on Naughty Dog multiplayer. Nothing new in it, but there is one interesting piece of information in that the multiplayer is being developed by another team, so we can at least take solace in the fact that the main team isn't being forced to devote resources.

Article for those interested:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121031-Naughty-Dog-Defends-The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer

Abandon4093:

Catfood220:

Thats what I said. I'll probably have a look at it and if I'm not impressed, I'll not bother with it. I pretty much only played the Uncharted multiplayer to get the trophies so I could platinum the games and not bothered with it since. I'm not anti multiplayer by the way, I thought the one on Mass Effect 3 was good fun.

Legion:

Vault101:

They used to have them in the PS2 era because I remember getting things like beanies and other cools stuff back when I used to preorder games. Nowadays it's all digital which is cool to an extent, but I'd rather have physical things.

OT: Eh I'm not really interested in these preorder bonuses. I find that nowadays they kinda stink. Now they only have the cool physical stuff in the "special editions" and I don't have exactly have 80-120 dollars to shell out for a game.

Catfood220:

Abandon4093:

Catfood220:

Thats what I said. I'll probably have a look at it and if I'm not impressed, I'll not bother with it. I pretty much only played the Uncharted multiplayer to get the trophies so I could platinum the games and not bothered with it since. I'm not anti multiplayer by the way, I thought the one on Mass Effect 3 was good fun.

I think I probably meant to quote the person who quoted who you quote........ I think.

In my defense, I was using my phone.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked