free games thread

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Notice: Threads have been merged. New thread purpose: same as before, I'm just putting it on top

felbot:
"so, in honour of the holidays i have decided to make a thread where all we do is give games away, guest passes and beta keys are also up."

OK, so in summary:
- THQ bundle is out there, you can buy it, if you wish, or if you have, post spare games here. THQ bundle ended. Still post spares.
- I'm giving away Dawn of War GOTY Gone to BreakfastMan
- Also Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC gone to tendaji
- and possibly Saints Row: the Third unless you convince me I should keep it Gone to KefkaCultist
- Metro 2033 is absolutely free on Facebook

UPDATE: GOG are giving Duke Nukem 3D as a gift for the next 48 hours (for the record, that would make it till around 14:00 GMT on Friday). The game runs on Windows and OS X, too.

Gimme some o' dat sweet, sweet Dawn of War GOTY, plz. :P

Also, keep SR3. It is pretty good, from what I have played. Not as good as 2, but still damn fun.

Well, I've never played SR3, so I'm not one to talk about it, but if you decided to give it away then I'd gladly accept it. ;)

I have DoW already and have no interest in Red Faction.

Well, I'll take Dawn Of War off your rather gracious hands, if nobody else wants it. A few friends go on about the series, may as well try it out if it's free =P

I agree SR3 is pretty fun, worth trying out. But if you do decide to give it away... I will take it.

DoPo:

I'm also taking suggestions on whether I want Saints Row: the Third or should I also give it away. I've heard some talk about the Saints Row series, so what I know is they are sort of like GTA.

In it's early years, GTA focused on humor and insanity to the point where it was basically a self-parody. In the last few iterations however, they've been focusing on making it 'real' and gritty. Saint's Row is basically what GTA would have been had it not gone down the path of 'realism'.

BreakfastMan:

Sorry, gave it to Andy Shandy :(

KefkaCultist:
Well, I've never played SR3, so I'm not one to talk about it, but if you decided to give it away then I'd gladly accept it. ;)

Yeah, I figured it would be fun, but I also have my hands full. When, and if, I feel like it, I can just buy it, I don't need to hoard it for now. I'll send you the code.

Atrytes:
I agree SR3 is pretty fun, worth trying out. But if you do decide to give it away... I will take it.

Beaten by 4 minutes, man, sorry. Let's hope somebody else comes along with a spare copy

BreakfastMan:

Also, keep SR3. It is pretty good, from what I have played. Not as good as 2, but still damn fun.

DoPo:

I've not used it yet, if BreakfastMan still wants it, rules out the risk of it not working on my laptop, and he seems to want it more than me anyway =P

BreakfastMan:

Actually, Andy felt sorry for you :P, you get it.

DoPo:

BreakfastMan:

Well, this was all very confusing... I am not sure what to feel. D: I suggest giving it to Andy. He seems like he wanted it more than me. :P

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:

BreakfastMan:

Well, this was all very confusing... I am not sure what to feel. D: I suggest giving it to Andy. He seems like he wanted it more than me. :P

Andy Shandy:

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:

I've not used it yet, if BreakfastMan still wants it, rules out the risk of it not working on my laptop, and he seems to want it more than me anyway =P

You two should fight to the death now. Or something. I dunno. You both have the key, I'm not responsible any more. Well, maybe you can play, like, poker or something, too.

DoPo:
snip...

Andy Shandy:
snip...

There is only one solution... Sexy mud wrestling, refereed by DoPo, streamed live for the entire escapist community. :P

Keep SR3, the only reason I haven't played through it yet is because I'm currently away from my main consoles. It's just made to be fun, I doubt you'll find any meaningful life-lessons in it, but it's a game and it's so wacky it's fun.

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:
snip...

Andy Shandy:
snip...

There is only one solution... Sexy mud wrestling, refereed by DoPo, streamed live for the entire escapist community. :P

I approve. Do that. Also, add in bears. Everything is better with bears.

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:
snip...

Andy Shandy:
snip...

If it's avatars, then fine.

Mine's already has experience in oil.

If it's the actual me involved, I think you remove all thoughts of sex about the event and instead charge people for sick bags XD

Just take the damn code =P

DoPo:

KefkaCultist:

Yeah, I figured it would be fun, but I also have my hands full. When, and if, I feel like it, I can just buy it, I don't need to hoard it for now. I'll send you the code.

Well thank you sir! Please, accept this song of my people as a token of my gratitude!

I've got every Dawn of War except for Soulstorm. I need mah Boreale! Have you got it?

DoPo:

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:
snip...

Andy Shandy:
snip...

I approve. Do that. Also, add in bears. Everything is better with bears.

Well, of course. Every thing is better (and more sexy) with bears. ;D

Andy Shandy:

BreakfastMan:

DoPo:
snip...

Andy Shandy:
snip...

If it's avatars, then fine.

Mine's already has experience in oil.

If it's the actual me involved, I think you remove all thoughts of sex about the event and instead charge people for sick bags XD

Just take the damn code =P

That will only add to teh sexiness. :D

Oh all right, if you insist.

Soviet Heavy:
I've got every Dawn of War except for Soulstorm. I need mah Boreale! Have you got it?

No, unfortunately. And if I'm not mistaking, the GOTY edition in that humble bundle is just the GOTY edition - it doesn't include Dark Crusade, Soulstorm, or Winter Assault.

EDIT: But I do have it on Steam, if that's what you're asking. Just haven't played it yet.

DoPo:

Soviet Heavy:

No, unfortunately. And if I'm not mistaking, the GOTY edition in that humble bundle is just the GOTY edition - it doesn't include Dark Crusade, Soulstorm, or Winter Assault.

EDIT: But I do have it on Steam, if that's what you're asking. Just haven't played it yet.

The GOTY Edition has DOW1 and Winter Assault. Platinum has DOW1, Winter Assault and Dark Crusade, and the Collection has all of 'em.

As for Soulstorm, be prepared for horrible horrible voice acting and some major engine issues in the Campaign. The Skirmish mod is still a blast however. I mainly want to get Soulstorm for Purgation of Kaurava and Firestorm over Kaurava. Firestorm over Kronus was a fantastic mod for Dark Crusade.

Soviet Heavy:

DoPo:

Soviet Heavy:

The GOTY Edition has DOW1 and Winter Assault. Platinum has DOW1, Winter Assault and Dark Crusade, and the Collection has all of 'em.

Well, Steam shows me separate copy called GOTY and then Winter assault. Dunno. I've got to play them some time soon. Then again, I have a bit of a back log, so "soon" is unspecified.

I'll take it

I'll take the Red Faction DLC if no one has claimed it :D

In this spirit I am offering Saints Row The Third.

First one to message me gets it.

Yeah, I already own Dawn of War too. So I'll give my code away to the first person who asks for it.

Destoroyah:
Yeah, I already own Dawn of War too. So I'll give my code away to the first person who asks for it.

I've always wanted to try dawn of war. Could i PLEASE have it :)

EDIT: Thanks very much!

tendaji:
I'll take the Red Faction DLC if no one has claimed it :D

You win! I'll PM it to you right away.

Yopaz:
In this spirit I am offering Saints Row The Third.

First one to message me gets it.

Message sent.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_edition

Since this seems to best place to put it, Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is free. Although I have no idea for how long.

Dawn of War please

Andy Shandy:

Since this seems to best place to put it, Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is free. Although I have no idea for how long.

GREAT! I'll update the OP now.

Andy Shandy:

I was unaware, thinks for bringing it to attention ^_^

I updated the title. Let's hope other people with excess games come around here. In other news, just over 6 hours left on the THQ bundle.

Soviet Heavy:

You are slightly wrong...

The Game of the Year edition was released on September 21, 2005 in the USA and on September 23 in Europe, containing 4 exclusive maps. Later, the Game of the Year edition and Winter Assault were bundled in the Gold Edition in the USA, released in March 2006. In November 2006, Dawn of War and its first two expansions were released together as The Platinum Collection in the USA or as the Dawn of War Anthology in the PAL regions. More recently, in March 2008, all three expansions along with Dawn of War have been released as The Complete Collection.

The gold edition is DoW GOTY and Winter Assault.

The GOTY edition is literally just DoW with a few new maps.

so, in honour of the holidays i have decided to make a thread where all we do is give games away, guest passes and beta keys are also up.

first of, duke nukem is free on gog so you can now play as the king all drm free this holiday.

also I am giving away darksiders to whoever i wish.
I also have 2 dota 2 keys to give away just in case any body needs those.

well thats all i can give, merry Christmas escapist.

EDIT: ok so the winner of darksiders seems to be wintercoat and his flame thrower, i still have the dota 2 keys left to give away.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked