Let's predict Yahtzee's top 5!

As some of you may know, it's now a week until Yahtzee reveals his top and bottom 5 of 2012, so let's all make some guessing! C'mon, it'll be fun!

I reckon dishonoured, spec ops: the line and maybe far cry 3 will make the top, with Black Ops II, medal of honour: doorfighter, amy, inversion, ninja gaiden 3 and the amazing spiderman all having a good chance of featuring somewhere in the bottom 5. I imagine that somewhere there will be direct comparison between the stances that Spec Ops: the Line and "Spunkgargleweewee" games take on war, with one being declared far superior.

I really don't have anything besides gut instinct to back any of this up. But then again, who does? What do you all think?

Definitely expect Spec Ops to take one of the top five, along with Far Cry 3. Other than that I can't think of a thing.

Far Cry 3 is the only game I recall getting a positive review as of late, while Warfighter might make it to his Worst's list for the title alone. I'd like to see RE6 there too, if anything because he's fed up with the series, and Downpour 5th in his Top 5. He did praise the survival, atmosphere, exploration and combat aspects of the game. Plus it's a leg up since Origins and Homecoming. Maybe for old time's sake?

Spec Ops and X-Com seem to be sure bets. Far Cry 3 probably. Not sure about the others though.

Im going with DOOM BFG edition to be in the top 5, even though the game wasn't new when it came, but i could still see him adding it

I'm betting XCOM makes the top five while Syndicate makes the bottom five, with an obvious comparison between the two.

"And now, having seen how to successfully reboot a 90s strategy game, we get an object lesson in how not to reboot a 90s strategy game."

Zhukov:
I'm betting XCOM makes the top five while Syndicate makes the bottom five, with an obvious comparison between the two.

"And now, having seen how to successfully reboot a 90s strategy game, we get an object lesson in how not to reboot a 90s strategy game."

Hmmm.... seeing as there's a strong potential for comparison between Spec Ops: the Line and one of the spunkgargleeweewee games, maybe we'll be in for a comparison-themed episode. Although I can see it getting a tad tenuous at times. How would one link, say, RE6 and Far Cry 3 besides saying "THIS GOOD, THIS BAD, HULK SMASH"?

Don't forget Walking Dead too.

Oh man he didn't seem to love very many games this year. my guess, disregarding order, would be XCOM, Spec Ops, Rayman Origins, maybe Farcry 3... I can't even begin to guess the others.

I hope Spec Ops makes it that game had a fascinating story.

X-Com EU is how you reboot a game properly thank god 2K fixed that mistake before it was to late

Thats all I got I hope its very funny tho

Spec Ops, X-Com, The Walking Dead, Dishonored and Far Cry 3 as top 5, not necessarily in that order.

Blops 2 and Doorfighter are pretty much guaranteed to be in the bottom 5, probably Resident Evil 6 as well. Maybe one or a couple of the Summer of Arcade games as well, he didn't seem very impressed with them either.

Yahtzee's mind is a web that it's impossible to explore. He made up a book about a jampocalypse and you expect to work out his favourite games of 2012? Good luck with that guys ;)

cip_raziel:
Don't forget Walking Dead too.

I wouldn't think so. He only played 1 of the episodes and said he wasn't interesting in trying others. 'Course, that doesn't mean that they're bad games.....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here