Favorite "Power of Friendship" Game

Pages PREV 1 2

Johnny Novgorod:
I liked Kingdom Hearts back in the day when it was about Sora, Donald and Goofy. They have a nice little id, ego and superego routine going on.

Kingdom Hearts, without any question, is the biggest Friendship is Power series out there. That's even a quote from the game. Every one of the games revolves around the idea of finding friendship and maintaining it despite the odds. The best part is that it even shows what happens when friendships fall apart.

I love that series so much. It can be both powerfully lighthearted and then almost depressingly dark.

Volan:

Johnny Novgorod:
I liked Kingdom Hearts back in the day when it was about Sora, Donald and Goofy. They have a nice little id, ego and superego routine going on.

Kingdom Hearts, without any question, is the biggest Friendship is Power series out there. That's even a quote from the game. Every one of the games revolves around the idea of finding friendship and maintaining it despite the odds. The best part is that it even shows what happens when friendships fall apart.

I love that series so much. It can be both powerfully lighthearted and then almost depressingly dark.

True, it's quite literally about the power of friendship... in the first game Sora says "My friends are my power" and some variation thereof persists throughout all the sequels and prequels. It's a bit clich but like I said I like the dynamic the original trio had, and I hate how the games following KH2 dropped it... it just doens't feel Kingdom Hearts anymore. I hope the y round up the old gang back for KH3.

Left 4 dead series by a loooooooooooong shot.

Nothing speaks "Power of friendship" more than the fact than if you separate from the group you are toast anyways. It can be sime subverted if someone is REALLY good at the game and solo a couple of parts maybe (and you wont be soloing parts until you are REALLY damn good and know the levels by memory and even then it requieres luck), but for the most of the part, teamwork is the game main feature after all. And it does it like no other.

Yeah the Tales franchise is good when it comes to this, especially Graces f, least in my opinion. *only played Vesperia and graces f so far*

Gotcha Force

Get people to join you and through the power of teamwork, destroy an invading race of EVIL TINY ROBOTS.

Vhite:
This thread must contain mention of Gothic series. In three games I got more lasting friend than I ever had in real life.

Lets see which ones I can name of the top of my head:
Lee - the cool badass.
Gorn - Samuel Jackson badass.
Lares - lesser version of Lee, but more carefree.
Diego - in first game your patron, in second he got new personality of being greedy.
Thorus - not really a friend, unless you consider it to be tsundere bromance (I had to bite my tongue after using those words), but he is always around.
Lester - only young mage.
Milten - only clearheaded cultist.

And much more if you consider only first two games.

What do you mean? There are three games in the Gothic series. Gothic 1, Gothic 2 and Gothic 2 expansion...

But yeah, pretty much this. I loved the characters and it is one of the few games where I love the german voiceovers (due to it being made by a german studio).

TheKasp:

Vhite:
This thread must contain mention of Gothic series. In three games I got more lasting friend than I ever had in real life.

Lets see which ones I can name of the top of my head:
Lee - the cool badass.
Gorn - Samuel Jackson badass.
Lares - lesser version of Lee, but more carefree.
Diego - in first game your patron, in second he got new personality of being greedy.
Thorus - not really a friend, unless you consider it to be tsundere bromance (I had to bite my tongue after using those words), but he is always around.
Lester - only young mage.
Milten - only clearheaded cultist.

And much more if you consider only first two games.

What do you mean? There are three games in the Gothic series. Gothic 1, Gothic 2 and Gothic 2 expansion...

But yeah, pretty much this. I loved the characters and it is one of the few games where I love the german voiceovers (due to it being made by a german studio).

And Gothic 3, maybe not as good as the other two but still a good Gothic game when you have all the patches installed. Too bad they never made any more Gothic games, right? right?!
You could choose your own ending to the series expect that neutral one stayed somewhat unresolved because they never made any standalone expansion called Forsaken Go... *cough* *cough* *cough*
Or imagine if they made game with no connection to original one, they would just use few names from original and slap a Gothic name on it, good thing that never happened.

This is new and I havent played it myself, but from what I have heard, you have certain moves that only happen when you have multiple players attcking in sync.
Looks good. I want to play it.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ext/

Here's another example of the power of friendship: Paper Mario. In that game, Mario gathers up to eight allies, who can help him traverse unreachable areas with their respective abilities, as well as upgrade their fighting strength by finding and hitting super blocks. They include the following:

1. Goombario the Goomba, who can provide intel with his "tattle" ability.
2. Kooper the Koopa, who can grab distant objects and shell-attack foes.
3. Bombette the Bob-omb, who can blow herself up to destroy walls.
4. Parrakarry the Para-Troopa, who can fly Mario between gaps.
5. Bow the Boo, who can turn Mario invisible.
6. Watt the Li'l Sparky, who can light up dark areas and reveal hidden blocks.
7. Sushie the Cheep Cheep, who can swim Mario through water.
8. Lakilester the Lakitu, who can carry Mario over spikes and lava pits.

Power of friendship at its finest, people!

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked