12% (145)
James Vega
26.6% (322)
26.6% (322)
other (comment)
8.7% (105)
8.7% (105)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Most reviled Mass Effect squad mate?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Jacob was without a doubt the squad-mate who irritated me most out of all them, but I can't really figure out why (And no, I'm not racist). I mean I found he was an almost useless character as basically anyone else was more useful and his attitude to Shephard annoyed me as well. I mean seriously, this guy headbutts Krogan in the face for looking at him funny so if he wants a pally talk, you damn well listen.
Not really played ME3 yet but I can see Vega and Kaiden irritating me as well. But I found quite a few characters annoying at first and then warmed to later, so you never know.

My Vote: Tali. Always came off as a whiny bigoted character with a creepy Shep-worship complex and was a bit useless in combat...

GamerMage:

Professor Lupin Madblood:
I despise both Miranda and Kasumi, but Miranda slightly more so. Kasumi . . . Oh, Kasumi. Whose idea was it to add in a motherfucking cat burglar in an age where there are scanners capable of picking up DNA from skin flakes? I mean, shit, the archetype is cliched as all hell in normal fiction, Jesus.

"And then I stole everything in the galaxy! And then I replaced it all with exact copies and nobody noticed!"

Zhukov:
Zaeed Messani.

Bitch you'd best not be talkin' shit 'bout my waifu or I swear I will CUT you.

They just tried so painfully hard to make him a badass that it came off as silly. And it's not like there was any other attributes to his character.

"Then I murdered a whole prison colony of Batarians all by myself. And then I beat a Krogan with my bare hands!

[nerdrage]
Okay, one, he only murdered his way OUT of a Batarian prison, not a prison colony. Two, plenty of people have beaten Krogan like that. Garrus has. Hell, Shepard can do it by hitting them with his elbow.
[/nerdrage]

Sorry, but I'm playing back through ME2 right now, so, yeah . . .

I guess you didn't take him along with you a lot? He's not quite as cardboardy if you do.

Zaeed talking in the ship is funny; Zaeed talking about how working security removes any connection to killing people, how working for every contract really makes him think about what he's doing and why is surprisingly deep. He has depth, or hints of it, at least, but it is pretty easy to miss. Not to mention his cherished rifle,Jesse. We even learn he helped found the Blue Suns. That is cool.

Also, his mission was corny as fuck.

It . . . it wasn't that corny . . .

I know,right? It was him wanting revenge,and getting to see him kill the guy "Fry,you son of a b!+@h." was just SOOOOOO cool.

While I appreciate your supporting me with mention of Jesse, it's not what one would call polite to edit it in the middle of what I actually wrote.

T0ad 0f Truth:

I didn't think she was the most interesting character, just not a bad one. Meh at absolute worst...

And almost everyone in that game had daddy issues XD

Wrex= Dad betrayed and tried to kill him for thinking differently

Tali= Her dad was a distant prick and she wanted him to acknowledge her

Liara= Abandonment issues with her "father"

Garrus= Had trouble accepting his dad's "by the books" outlook on life

Miranda= Hated her father for controlling and manipulating her for his own ends and trying to do the same to her sister

Jacob= Had an entire side quest dealing with his Father's abandoning him and shit morality

Grunt= The entire being tank bred by his "father' and struggling to either accept or deny Okeer's outlook on life

It doesn't mean their bad characters. Ashely was the "family girl" character and really just had trouble breaking out of that. Probably because she wasn't in the second game all that much. None of the First game squad members were incredibly fleshed out because Bioware was focusing on world-building in the first game.

Just look at the jump in quality of how well Tali was written between the first and second game. She was easily overlooked in the first, whereas in the second she was awesome.

Wow...anyone suddenly getting the vibe that Bioware may be Misandrists? Or just had daddy issues themselves?

haha, anywhoo OT:

I really, REALLY, fucking hated Liara and Tali in all 3 games. I got that they had issues, but so does everyone, and there are times where there issues just seemed so minimal. Liara annoyed me in the first game because she was all about being mystical and technically a 12 year old with boobs and a libido which seemed to only come into fruition when Shepard was around. I didn't want her, and yet she kept being all like "Oh Shepard, take me now" and it's annoying, especially when I'm clearly gunning for Ashley. Tali I just found boring in ME1, so I guess I didn't hate her, I just couldn't care about her at all. Second game I was neutral when it came to Liara because I could just ignore her after asking her where Thane, Samara and Morinth are. Tali was infuriating in the second game, because she frequently tried to bone me, and her entire race are selfish asses. Oh yeah, should say now, there is only one Quarian I actually liked, so there's kinda a general hate for the Quarian people. Third game, just made me angry at Liara and Tali. Liara was annoying in segments where in which you fight Banshees and the Asari homeworld mission. All she does in whine about how the Reapers are turning her species into husks and how wrong and horrible it is, and it's like, the Reapers were doing this to humans since game fucking 1 bitch! And then when she mopes in her bed at the fall of her hom planet, I wished there was a Renegade option to slap her across the room and make her wake up to the fact that Earth, Palaven and other worlds have been dealing with this shit for far longer. Then comes Tali and her Quarian buddies...ergh, When they came on my ship and started acting like victims, when THEY FUCKING STARTED THE GOD DAMN WAR AGAINST THE GETH!! I just felt like asking EDI to vent them into space. But, Tali wasn't like that, but what she did do was stay on my ship after everything that happened with the Geth/Quarian union, even though she is an admiral and would be more effective doing her damn job.

I have nothing against people wanting to have a moment of emotions and what not, hell I really liked Miranda, Ashley, Garrus and Grunt, whom had moments where they lost their focus and I had to re-assure them. But Tali and Liara are just so weak compared to them, and no amount of "I'm the Shadow Broker" or "I'm an Admiral" makes me view them as any more than whiny squadmates that wanna bone Shepard desperately.

soren7550:
Magical snip of the Damned

I have my finals sir, so I can't really keep this going. However, I think we can quite surely agree that while Ashley has racist inclinations, she's not exactly Mobutu material how most people are saying she is.

Besides, that doesn't change the fact that she's an effing bitch, am I right or am I right?

Thank you for your discussion mate :)

Ashley was the worst character hands down, i just stopped talking to her after a while, cause if i want far right political crap i dont need to go to space for it. apparently she gets better in ME3, but i always let her die on virmire, so i guess ill never know

kaidan and jacob were just boring, not good or bad, just boring. their back storys were pretty lame, and there was always more interesting people around to talk to, so i talked to them. Miranda was a bit better, but only marginally. it probably is of worth mentioning that ME2 did have the only human squad member who i did like in Kasumi, so there is that i guess.

James Vega just sorta makes me sad. I could see lots of potential in his character interacting with garrus, but by ME3 i had a ship full of people i had spent 3 games with, so Vega spent the game siting in the hold doing chin ups and being completely neglected.

Jack or Legion fuck I hated them so much. No I do not want a mass murdering psycho criminal with super powers on my ship and I sure as hell don't want a fucking geth on my ship but noooooo mass effect 2 has to force me to let them on board. If I ever play ME3 I'll have to dig up my perfect playthrough where I managed to finish everything and only lose Jack and Legion during the suicide mission.

I honestly dont get why everyone hates ahsley....

anyway Jacob..only because he was boring, I tried really but there was nothing there

pffh:
Jack or Legion fuck I hated them so much. No I do not want a mass murdering psycho criminal with super powers on my ship and I sure as hell don't want a fucking geth on my ship but noooooo mass effect 2 has to force me to let them on board. If I ever play ME3 I'll have to dig up my perfect playthrough where I managed to finish everything and only lose Jack and Legion during the suicide mission.

were you paying attention to the plot? Legion is a GOOD geth, he comes from a group of GOOD or neutral geth

Vault101:

anyway Jacob..only because he was boring, I tried really but there was nothing there

pffh:

were you paying attention to the plot? Legion is a GOOD geth, he comes from a group of GOOD or neutral geth

The only good geth is a dead geth. Besides you don't find out he's good until AFTER you've brought him on board. My choice would have been to but a few bullets in his head and then leave him where we found him.

T0ad 0f Truth:

I didn't think she was the most interesting character, just not a bad one. Meh at absolute worst...

after throwing around my own Ideas for story I realised having daddys issues is a very easy type of conflict for a charachter and one that I seem to fall into alot

shrekfan246:
snip.

I didnt know ashley had daddy issues....more just dealing with some thing her grandfather did, out of all the charachters she's one of the least "daddy" issues

pffh:

The only good geth is a dead geth. Besides you don't find out he's good until AFTER you've brought him on board. My choice would have been to but a few bullets in his head and then leave him where we found him.

riiiiiiight

its a videogame/story...if your genre savvy enough you KNOW that waking up the geth is the more fun thing to do...even though it might seem a bad indea "in-universe" (and I think there is an option NOT to wake it up)

and aside from that "in-universe" there were safty measures in place...so if legion spazzed out they could shut it down

I don't hate any of the characters. But Jacob's romance completion in ME3 is an absolute joke, so he has my vote.

pffh:

You can refuse to let Legion on board. Just hand him over to Cerberus while he's deactivated.

It'll be your loss, of course, because Legion is one of the best written characters in the series. But it's possible.

OT: I actually don't think I hate anyone in the Mass Effect series. Hell, even Navigator Pressly who I thought I hated in the first game for a being a racist asshole with an irritating voice turned out to give me some mild feels when you find his diary on Alchera after

. He had character development and let go of his racism. Aww.

Oh, oh. There is someone I hate. Rear Admiral Boris Fucking Mikhailovich. One, for having the most hilariously stereotypical Russian name outside of Red Alert, yet having what I think is a Brooklyn accent (I'm a Brit, so I'm not great with regional American accents - either way, it's the guy that voiced Davik Kang, the mobster in KotOR). Two, for having no concept of why stealth and reconnaissance might be useful. There's a quote of his that's so stupid it's still lodged in my brain, even after all this time: "What good is to hide for a few hours anyway? Useless!" What a tool...

Erm, squadmates. Let's stay focused here.

Well, the usual choices here are Kaidan, Jacob and Vega. While Kaidan and Jacob I can understand for being a bit boring, I find them necessary 'straight men' on crews otherwise populated with a whole host of psychological problems. I like how Kaidan talks about his days in biotic training without whining; he makes it clear he had a rough time, but he's come out a better person for it because he now sees all the other races of being made up of individuals - saints and assholes, just like everybody else. He mentions he gets headaches, but he's also aware he's one of the lucky ones, and is content with the trade off that he's a badass wizard. He's also a much more worthy Spectre than Ashley, and doesn't spend all of ME3 railing on Shepard the way Ashley does.

Vega I genuinely like. Yes, yes when I first saw the pictures of him before release, I had the same abysmally low expectations as everyone else. Announcing Freddie Prinze Jr only served to exacerbate that. But come game time, I find myself really impressed with the voice acting, and Vega's personality won me over. Mostly because I feel he's the closest Bioware have come to writing a believable soldier character. He has some great banter with Garrus, and he's a good reminder that not everyone in the galaxy is as familiar with fighting things like Reapers, or high stakes diplomacy, as Shepard is. My only issue with him is his unfathomable backstory. He fought on a colony where Collectors attacked and Cerberus... helped? Or... they worked together, or something? Wha? Did the people who wrote him... not play ME2?

Ach, still haven't contributed with a squad mate I don't like. Hmm. Grunt's cool; Zaeed's cool; Garrus is a bro; Jack's cool (omfg character development and swearing); Liara is... ehh, take her or leave her; Javik's a boss, Legion's exceptional; Tali's cool if you don't include her walking quarian codex performance in the first game, or her evidence being a laughable excuse for a plot device; Jacob's a bro; Miranda's interesting parts outweigh her bitchy parts, and her Yvonne Strahovski static face outweighs her derptastic facial expressions and gigantic teeth; Thane's a bit boring, and his reverse daddy issues thing was a shitty premise for a loyalty quest, and he is of course completely useless to the Suicide Mission, and therefore his entire raison d'etre seems moot, unless you consider him nothing more than fangirl bait, but then again DAT VOICE; Mordin is the absolute don; Wrex has some of the cheesiest lines in the game ("Good? He's rotten! TO THE COORRREE!"), but he's sound; Kasumi's relaxed attitude is very welcome on the second Normandy; EDI's alright I suppose, I find it difficult to pick missions where her dialogue makes her worthwhile.

I guess that leaves Ashley and Samara as my least favourite. Ashley because, yeah the unfounded racism and mistrust of Shepard, as has been mentioned by many so far. Samara just because her rigid morality really grates on me. Love her voice acting, and her dismissal of any advances Shep may make lets her retain a lot of dignity. She just... bugs me.

God, what a fuckin' essay that turned out to be. M'apologies.

James Vega, that guy was annoying. He also got a show/film with him as the main character when they could have made an awesome animated series following Garrus before mass effect 1 and between mass effect 1 and 2.

Vault101:
-snip-

It's not a bad writing technique at all. I just find it funny that most of the squad mates have them XD

Ashley doesn't really. Her issues, if any, are how the alliance treated her father. Which isn't even really a problem as much as it is justified anger. And at this point I may as well come out and say it. She's one of my favorite characters. I just she had had more done with her. Like I mentioned before, Bioware could have done a lot more with her experience on Eden Prime and the growth of her views (harder or softer).

Nomadiac:
-snip-

My jaw kind of dropped when I heard about that. Talk about a bullshit ending to a romance subplot XD

khiliani:

James Vega just sorta makes me sad. I could see lots of potential in his character interacting with garrus, but by ME3 i had a ship full of people i had spent 3 games with, so Vega spent the game siting in the hold doing chin ups and being completely neglected.

James: So you ran a cleaning service on Omega? Back on Fehl Prime, I uncovered a pair of Harvesters. Had to kill them. By myself.
Garrus: Two wormnecks... that's almost impressive.
James: Oh, that's not even the best part. They left behind an egg. It hatched, and I trained it to let me fly it.
Garrus: The Alliance teach you to make up crap like that, or did you figure it out all by yourself?
James: It's a gift.

Really? Jacob Taylor and Ashley Williams over Kaiden? I always felt like Kaiden was the Carth of the ME series; always being a whiny little bitch without adding anything to combat (Never played with Vega so can't say).

pffh:

Vault101:

pffh:

I think we've found least interesting/open minded ME player NA. I bet you thought Tali's dad was a terrible person for trying to do the right thing with the wrong methods.

mrdude2010:

pffh:

Vault101:

I think we've found least interesting/open minded ME player NA. I bet you thought Tali's dad was a terrible person for trying to do the right thing with the wrong methods.

Nope I was fairly indifferent about what he did. Their ships their business, my ship my business. I'm mostly peeved because I was roleplaying a no nonsense the law is the law single minded character and then the game forces me to one work with a criminal organization and two to let criminals on board my ship.

bug_of_war:

T0ad 0f Truth:

Miranda= Hated her father for controlling and manipulating her for his own ends and trying to do the same to her sister

Jacob= Had an entire side quest dealing with his Father's abandoning him and shit morality

Grunt= The entire being tank bred by his "father' and struggling to either accept or deny Okeer's outlook on life

It doesn't mean their bad characters. Ashely was the "family girl" character and really just had trouble breaking out of that. Probably because she wasn't in the second game all that much. None of the First game squad members were incredibly fleshed out because Bioware was focusing on world-building in the first game.

Just look at the jump in quality of how well Tali was written between the first and second game. She was easily overlooked in the first, whereas in the second she was awesome.

Wow...anyone suddenly getting the vibe that Bioware may be Misandrists? Or just had daddy issues themselves?

haha, anywhoo OT:

I really, REALLY, fucking hated Liara and Tali in all 3 games. I got that they had issues, but so does everyone, and there are times where there issues just seemed so minimal. Liara annoyed me in the first game because she was all about being mystical and technically a 12 year old with boobs and a libido which seemed to only come into fruition when Shepard was around. I didn't want her, and yet she kept being all like "Oh Shepard, take me now" and it's annoying, especially when I'm clearly gunning for Ashley. Tali I just found boring in ME1, so I guess I didn't hate her, I just couldn't care about her at all. Second game I was neutral when it came to Liara because I could just ignore her after asking her where Thane, Samara and Morinth are. Tali was infuriating in the second game, because she frequently tried to bone me, and her entire race are selfish asses. Oh yeah, should say now, there is only one Quarian I actually liked, so there's kinda a general hate for the Quarian people. Third game, just made me angry at Liara and Tali. Liara was annoying in segments where in which you fight Banshees and the Asari homeworld mission. All she does in whine about how the Reapers are turning her species into husks and how wrong and horrible it is, and it's like, the Reapers were doing this to humans since game fucking 1 bitch! And then when she mopes in her bed at the fall of her hom planet, I wished there was a Renegade option to slap her across the room and make her wake up to the fact that Earth, Palaven and other worlds have been dealing with this shit for far longer. Then comes Tali and her Quarian buddies...ergh, When they came on my ship and started acting like victims, when THEY FUCKING STARTED THE GOD DAMN WAR AGAINST THE GETH!! I just felt like asking EDI to vent them into space. But, Tali wasn't like that, but what she did do was stay on my ship after everything that happened with the Geth/Quarian union, even though she is an admiral and would be more effective doing her damn job.

I have nothing against people wanting to have a moment of emotions and what not, hell I really liked Miranda, Ashley, Garrus and Grunt, whom had moments where they lost their focus and I had to re-assure them. But Tali and Liara are just so weak compared to them, and no amount of "I'm the Shadow Broker" or "I'm an Admiral" makes me view them as any more than whiny squadmates that wanna bone Shepard desperately.

I don't necessarily hate Tali but she really isn't that special. The only reason she is overappreciated to such a degree is because she's basically the hot geek girl from all those 80s movies combined with Terry Goodkind's Ideal Woman. You see other than a debatable dislike for the geth, Tali has absolutely no flaws or faults of any kind. She actually never grows as a character throughout the series for that matter (No, actually giving her characterization in ME2 doesn't count.)

T0ad 0f Truth:

shrekfan246:

T0ad 0f Truth:
I honestly don't understand all the hate Jacob or Ashley get. I understand Kaidan a little I guess, but only barely :/

In ME, Ashley was pretty much completely defined by her daddy issues and racism against aliens. It's not like they were little things there to flesh out her character, they were who she was. Boring as all hell, especially when the likes of Wrex, Garrus, Tali, and Liara were much more interesting.

Probably already written, but Bioware has flat out-and-out admitted that they added Tali&Garrus romances because they never anticipated the sort of response they got from the fan community regarding Tali and Garrus, so that probably explains her reticient self. Though in-universe you could argue that she hadn't really come out of her shell yet, and had as of yet gotten the confidence that she has in ME3

Heh, when i read the note about daddy issues i just came to remember the discussion from ME3 where Shepard keeps asking if EDI has any questions, no small questions, no big ones, no disillusioned ideas regarding her creator that might leave her with father issues? And when asked what led to the question shepard just replies

"over the years i've found it's easier to ask these things in advance"

Devoneaux:

I don't necessarily hate Tali but she really isn't that special. The only reason she is overappreciated to such a degree is because she's basically the hot geek girl from all those 80s movies combined with Terry Goodkind's Ideal Woman. You see other than a debatable dislike for the geth, Tali has absolutely no flaws or faults of any kind. She actually never grows as a character throughout the series for that matter (No, actually giving her characterization in ME2 doesn't count.)

Yep, pretty much. I just don't like the Quarians in general, mainly because they're a poor mans Salarian. You're pretty much dead on right in saying that Tali doesn't grow as a character, the first game she's the same person, second game she is tougher and is a poor leader, and third game she's just there because lots of people boned her.

I never much cared for Kaiden although James follows as a distant second, with his 'roid arms.

Soviet Heavy:
Liara fucking T'Soni.

She contributes nothing to the plot

Nothing she does has any impact on ANYTHING

The rest of your complaints about her character I understand but are you really criticizing plot relevance? Seriously? Garrus is important to the plot once, as is tali and wrex and everyone else in mass effect 1.

None of them really advance the plot apart from liara honestly and I don't even like liara that much :/

OT: I dunno, I appreciate most characters in mass effect in some way. Apart from jacob I suppose, he just stood in that armory and I didn't talk to him much.

I don't hate Jacob... I have no feelings towards him whatsoever. He was just there - didn't do anything and left no presence. He's literally just there. Doesn't have any useful powers so never used. Only actually took him on his mission and probably wouldn't have done that if I'd had any choice

Dark Knifer:

Soviet Heavy:
Liara fucking T'Soni.

The rest of your complaints about her character I understand but are you really criticizing plot relevance? Seriously? Garrus is important to the plot once, as is tali and wrex and everyone else in mass effect 1.

None of them really advance the plot apart from liara honestly and I don't even like liara that much :/

OT: I dunno, I appreciate most characters in mass effect in some way. Apart from jacob I suppose, he just stood in that armory and I didn't talk to him much.

The thing about the other squad mates is that the game doesn't shove them in your face telling you to be bffs with them. You can leave Garrus at C-Sec, throw Tali in engineering and leave her there, and you don't even need to recruit Wrex. But Liara is treated like she is so damn important all the effing time when all she does is show you a clipshow in your head. Because she's the daughter of the villain's right hand, and she's totally a super intelligence gatherer, and she's a super duper commando trained, and she's the shadow broker, and blah blah blah.

Soviet Heavy:

Dark Knifer:

Soviet Heavy:
Liara fucking T'Soni.

The thing about the other squad mates is that the game doesn't shove them in your face telling you to be bffs with them. You can leave Garrus at C-Sec, throw Tali in engineering and leave her there, and you don't even need to recruit Wrex. But Liara is treated like she is so damn important all the effing time when all she does is show you a clipshow in your head. Because she's the daughter of the villain's right hand, and she's totally a super intelligence gatherer, and she's a super duper commando trained, and she's the shadow broker, and blah blah blah.

Alright, that's fair enough, I get that. Romance in mass effect 1 was always heavy handed and it made all the romantic options in mass effect 1 less interesting then everyone else how they kept shoving them in your face. I had to avoid any conversation with Ashley to avoid the risk of accidentally romancing my male shep.

I didn't like Jack. I hated her tattoos, her clothing and her rude mannerisms. Yes, I know she went through hell, so why couldn't I dump her with a therapist? I hated the Illusive Man for obliging me to take this vulgar psycho on board my ship.

Yeah, it's always the human squadmates (minus Kasumi and Zaeed) I like the least and find the most uninteresting/repellent.

Ashley: I was a Paragon maleshep, so in ME1 I found it too easy to get locked in a relationship with her, plus the religious and anti-alien stuff just put me off. She got a lot better in ME3, but still meh. The scene where she gets blitzed on Vega's tequila helped save her from being boring.

Kaiden: Dull appearance and personality and voiced by the guy who did Carth in KOTOR...Kaiden had a lot of marks against him. I did like some of his backstory stuff about Jump Zero. Unlike Ashley, he never really got interesting to me, but then again, he never actively pissed me off, either.

Jacob: Nice guy, but boooooring. Only used him until I recruited Zaeed/Kasumi, then only used him on his loyalty mission. He was okay in ME3, but I don't like how he cheats on you if you romanced him (not that anyone I know ever actually did romance him). I also don't like the attitude he pulls with Thane.

Miranda: Arrogant and not especially compelling. She stayed consistently annoying throughout ME2/ME3. I didn't hate her enough to let her die, but I wouldn't call her a friend.

Vega: Meh. James gets too much hate, probably because he just comes out of nowhere in ME3 without a mention in the previous two. What little we get of him is reasonably interesting, though. At least he has a personality.

God I love you guys!! LOL more then half the comments in this thread are hilarious.

"Every Asari ever! Stupid blue space-elves" Hahahah priceless.

OT: All the humans did lack a lot of character and depth in all three games. It wasn't because the alien squad mates were unique with design or how their races worked.. it was because all the humans felt generically stereotypical. James as the macho guy, Jacob as the lady chaser, Ashly as the nagging racist who scolds you, Kaiden as the guy who speaks the obvious like we didn't know anything .. Miranda as the chick who's there to be attractive with an attitude, Zaeed as the hardcore mercenary with nothing to lose... ugh.

Only acceptable human to me is Jack. At first she seemed like the psychotic chick who's got issues of course.. but as I continued being a Paragon Shepard she started to develop. She's the only character (human) to change and mature, to open up and become likable. No other human changes, especially Jacob. Gosh darn i've seen what he does to female Shepards in ME3 on youtube and it's just the biggest slap in the face lol.

Every alien was legit and awesome to me, especially Tali. She was beforehand my favorite female character in all of gaming but she was replaced (Hanako from Katawa Shoujo won her spot, sorry..) but there is one alien I do not like ... Liara. Dated her, worst mistake I made in Mass Effect. She rocks as a friend and makes me admire her, but when you date her- she's another person. When you try dating her, she's distant and thinks it's wrong despite that if you're just friends she tries getting close to you (lol wut?)

In ME2, well friend or lover Liara is crazy. She's so obsessed with chasing down the Shadow Broker her eyes twitch and she loses her crap when you offer help >_> and funny how she doesn't want my help but if I get the DLC she does at the last minute. Mmh.

In ME3, she wasn't romantic nor very likable. She shrugs off your relationship and gets all into the Prothean Javik along with being distracted by everything else. Even when you two become lovers, it's in a cheesy cut scene in the back of the market place with them just holding hands and the camera fading when you're nearing the end of the game. I respected her as a character but as a lover in the game, she's bipolar. When she's a friend though, Liara gets jealous a lot which is why I decided to become her's in the 2nd playthrough but that was a bad choice. It's like this-

Liara: "Shepard, no we can't do this you magnificent beast you who's got better things to do besides giving me all of your love and attention- but I need to kill that Shadow Broker argh he must be sacrificed for my people but Shepard never leave or cheat on me while I must cry in bed about those poor people dying and wait we're in a relationship sleep with me Shepard as I use my biotic sex magic to make us feel all the better."

Liara you're drunk, go home. You're much cooler and likable as a friend for you're stable that way.

Zhukov:
Zaeed Messani.

He's the only one that I can say I didn't like without qualification. There were a couple that I am indifferent towards (Jacob, Kaiden) but didn't particularly dislike. There were others that irritated me in some way (Miranda, Thane) but they all had some redeeming attributes or good moments.

Except Zaeed.

They just tried so painfully hard to make him a badass that it came off as silly. And it's not like there was any other attributes to his character.

"Then I murdered a whole prison colony of Batarians all by myself. And then I beat a Krogan with my bare hands!

Also, his mission was corny as fuck.

PS. Also, the fans have kind of made me dislike Tali, even though from ME2 onwards she was actually a decent character.

I agree, and it actually occurred to me why they made him like this. They were trying to make, to quote my own mind when this first popped into my head, a "human Wrex". Wrex was the penultimate badass is ME1, and since they couldn't just let you recruit him again in 2, they made Zaeed to try and fill the 'badass that kills everyone' niche, but they were kneecapped from the get-go. You have all of ME1 to get to know and like Wrex, and only one mission and some chatter to get to know Zaeed. Poor man didn't have a chance.

James Vega. He just took up space on my ship, and seemed very dull aside from his "bro brah" look. Yeah, I never took him with me on missions, so I guess I never gave him a real shot to become likeable, but ME3 gave me absolutely ZERO intrigue towards him. That "friendly spar" between him and Shep in the beginning of the game is hilariously bad.

ashley, miranda, jacob,I probably liked the least, Kaiden is actually really interesting if your make the extra effort to take in his mild personality, james vega was pretty cool, if not a bit quiet.

I find liara really boring, her innocence was somewhat cute in the first game but then in 2-3 she just became really weird, especially if you didnt romance her blue ass. samare was a FAR better asari.

Thane is hit and miss for me, sometimes e comes across as really flat, but he can also be really wise and insightful

Zaeed is fucking awesome, his only downfall is his flawed british accent.

Jacob was boring but not reviled by me.

I really didn't like Zaeed, I didn't take him to any mission with me except his loyality one. I found him very similar to Sten in Dragon Age Origins which got the same treatment.

I really enjoyed Vega, thought he was really awesome.

Liara because I didn't like all her hero worshiping, at times she felt like stalker. In the first game, I get they were trying to make her young and naive, but it was too much in favor of male fantasy and nerd bait, because my god would she lay it on thick how amazing she thought Shepard was. Also if you weren't careful, she'd ninjamance you.

ME2 she seemed to level out and mature, which apparently pissed off her fans because they thought she was behaving too cold and distant? I guess maybe for a romance. Then all of the sudden in LotSB she's got Shepard's dog tags and bloody death armor on display and she wanting to come over to Shepard apartment and I turned her down real quick on that.

After treating her like crap for two games, ignoring her and not taking her anywhere (didn't even take her to see her mom), she's still madly in love with Shepard in the third one. She's like one of those women who gets the crap beaten out of them but they feel like their too in love with their abuser to leave them.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked