Skyrim - What would you add?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

erttheking:
I'd probably make the combat system more Dark Souls like. Not as hard, but with the same system, because run up and just swing your sword until the guys fall down isn't the best. Heck, when I think about it, fighting in Minecraft was more tense than Skyrim.

I use the SkyRe or 'Skyrim Redone' mod to spice things up a bit. It comes in a series of modules you can pick from, to redesign the races, standing stones, combat system, perk system, enemy A.I., stealth system or any combination of the above. Bandits protect themselves properly with their shields and their leaders are a real force to be reckoned with. It also makes a lot of perks more worthwhile, nerfing some and buffing others while adding a whole lot more and redesigning some trees entirely.

Vanilla's Master difficulty is easier than SkyRe's Adept difficulty. If one word could describe the new approach to challenge, it is this:

I want the Destruction school give me the capability to actually destroy shit.

I want to be able to cremate my allies when they fall in battle.
I want to be able to freeze the corpses of my enemies so that they may stand and serve as a reminder to others.
I want to be able to burn down the house of a family that wronged me.
I want to be able to use Telekinesis to move someone's body.
I want to be able to take someone prisoner and execute them in front of a crowd.
I want to be able to toggle the killing of important NPCs instead of always having them go unconscious.
I want to be able to take someone's soul before they've died.

I want to be able to take armour and weapons and melt them down into their base metals instead of having them lie around.
I want to be able to kill my enemies by hitting them with weapons I'm currently holding with Telekinesis.
I want to be able to settle the civil war by taking control of Skyrim with my own army dedicated to the Dragonborn.
I want to be able to enter a city, slaughter the guard and everybody in the Jarl's keep before taking it for myself.

I want to feel the power behind my spells.
I want to feel the force of a frostbolt leave my hands.
I want to feel like I'm actually being taught magic in a college of magi.
I want to feel like my spells actually damage my enemy instead of just knocking them back and putting them to sleep.

I want the Chameleon spell back.
I want guards that aren't telepathic.

I want to have more then two animations for swinging a weapon.
I want characters to keep bleeding after I've stabbed them.
I want corpses to rot away instead of remaining where they fell for the rest of time.

Yeah it's long. Deal with it.

SPEARS!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but ever since they took them out from oblivion I have wanted nothing more than spears, in Morrowind pole weapons were one of the only weapons I used. They're fun, they're common and dammit they should be there. ALSO

I want actual benefits to being the harbinger of the companions and/or the archmage.

Minotaurs need to be back

So does the arena, and possibly a bare knuckle fist fighting club

combat needs to be revamped so I can feel it.

Minotaurs need to be returned

Oh did I mention spears?

Bring back the levitate spell

bring back agility, strength and speed that way it actually feels like I'm growing and progressing as a character

Also before I forget, where are the fucking minotaurs, and ogres? Ogres were awesome as well.

I would like to also have the clothing options I had back in morrowind.

and retcon Dawnguard as well.

Also all this stuff

AlexWinter:
I want the Destruction school give me the capability to actually destroy shit.

I want to be able to cremate my allies when they fall in battle.
I want to be able to freeze the corpses of my enemies so that they may stand and serve as a reminder to others.
I want to be able to burn down the house of a family that wronged me.
I want to be able to use Telekinesis to move someone's body.
I want to be able to take someone prisoner and execute them in front of a crowd.
I want to be able to toggle the killing of important NPCs instead of always having them go unconscious.
I want to be able to take someone's soul before they've died.

I want to be able to take armour and weapons and melt them down into their base metals instead of having them lie around.
I want to be able to kill my enemies by hitting them with weapons I'm currently holding with Telekinesis.
I want to be able to settle the civil war by taking control of Skyrim with my own army dedicated to the Dragonborn.
I want to be able to enter a city, slaughter the guard and everybody in the Jarl's keep before taking it for myself.

I want to feel the power behind my spells.
I want to feel the force of a frostbolt leave my hands.
I want to feel like I'm actually being taught magic in a college of magi.
I want to feel like my spells actually damage my enemy instead of just knocking them back and putting them to sleep.

I want the Chameleon spell back.
I want guards that aren't telepathic.

I want to have more then two animations for swinging a weapon.
I want characters to keep bleeding after I've stabbed them.
I want corpses to rot away instead of remaining where they fell for the rest of time.

Yeah it's long. Deal with it.

chiggerwood:
SPEARS!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but ever since they took them out from oblivion I have wanted nothing more than spears, in Morrowind pole weapons were one of the only weapons I used. They're fun, they're common and dammit if Bethesda were to give me a fucking spear then I would gladly forgive them for the horrific shit pile that was Dawnguard, and for withholding Dragonborn from PC's for two damn months. THAT! And bring back minotaurs and the Arena, give back those three things and all is forgiven. Seriously though, who the hell said no fucking minotaurs? I want to know... for um... reasons.

Minotaurs only exist in Cyrodiil because they are the children of Saint Alessia, the founder of The First Empire, and Morihaus, the bull god-hero who assisted Alessia and Pelinal in conquering the Alyeids.

It wouldn't make sense for the children of the mother of Cyrodiil to appear anywhere but in Cyrodiil.

SajuukKhar:

chiggerwood:
SPEARS!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, but ever since they took them out from oblivion I have wanted nothing more than spears, in Morrowind pole weapons were one of the only weapons I used. They're fun, they're common and dammit if Bethesda were to give me a fucking spear then I would gladly forgive them for the horrific shit pile that was Dawnguard, and for withholding Dragonborn from PC's for two damn months. THAT! And bring back minotaurs and the Arena, give back those three things and all is forgiven. Seriously though, who the hell said no fucking minotaurs? I want to know... for um... reasons.

Minotaurs only exist in Cyrodiil because they are the children of Saint Alessia, the founder of The First Empire, and Morihaus, the bull god-hero who assisted Alessia and Pelinal in conquering the Alyeids.

It wouldn't make sense for the children of the mother of Cyrodiil to appear anywhere but in Cyrodiil.

So they can't migrate? They have legs, they can travel, they can be captured, and moved around (as seen in the Cyrodill arena) and Cyrodill isn't an island. It makes no sense. I know that it's a fantasy game, but come on do they disintegrate as soon as they reach the border, and what if the border changed, what if someone conquered all of Tamriel and expanded Cyrodill's borders, or Cyrodill ceased to be? It seems like looney tunes logic that over the course of a thousand years they wouldn't migrate or be transplanted.

One of my biggest desires for Skyrim is in the crafting department.
I want more style and design options for my weapons and armor. I remember when I first started smithing steel I was wowed by being able to make a boring chain style steel helmet or a horned one. But then I hit Dwemer and while the armor was awesome there was only one version.
The same version everyone else made and sold as well.
I just think that there should be more options in that department, every smith with skill would have their own little designs and flair you know? Have it so the Dragonborn has his own designs (maybe a couple) for weapon and armor and as he/she progresses in skill new designs are unlocked for the armors and weapons. And if you train under a smith you also unlock their designs or something. I think it'd just make then game more immerssive.

Other than that I'd like the usual, better combat (though I am OKAY with the combat as is), better marriage options, an economy, more stuff for npcs to do, better ai, more weapons and armors, more towns, etc.

chiggerwood:
So they can't migrate? They have legs, they can travel, they can be captured, and moved around (as seen in the Cyrodill arena) and Cyrodill isn't an island. It makes no sense. I know that it's a fantasy game, but come on do they disintegrate as soon as they reach the border, and what if the border changed, what if someone conquered all of Tamriel and expanded Cyrodill's borders, or Cyrodill ceased to be? It seems like looney tunes logic that over the course of a thousand years they wouldn't migrate or be transplanted.

Why would they migrate? Cyrodiil is the most bountiful land in all of Tamriel.

Also, the re-use of monsters isn't much appreciated, and a large portion of the ES lore people hated the minotaurs and the ogres, because they are too generic fantasy, which elder Scrolls is not.

chiggerwood:

SajuukKhar:

chiggerwood:

I have nothing to say for the transported point but if they're more or less children of Cyrodiil then maybe they don't want to leave or the thought never crosses their mind?

Destruction magic improving in magnitude, not just efficiency would be nice.

Rebalance so that casting Expert/Master class spells MEANS something, rather than just spamming Impact + Firebolt.

cloroxbb:
Rideable dragons, that YOU control. What is the point of riding a dragon if the AI of the dragon takes over for movement?

Seriously. When my buddy told me they added dragon riding I was like "For real?!" But then he told me what they actually added and I got sad again :[

The biggest one for me though is quest variety. Literally every single quest is go into "x" dungeon for "y" reason and kill a bunch of druger. I would also really enjoy it if the main questline didn't make it impossible to be a full-stealth character and beat the game. You can't sneak up on a dragon that's in the air, and even if you have 100 sneak and a maxed out tree, they still see you when they land.

Dinosaurs

Unarmed skill tree, spears, better crossbows (ebony, orcish etc), design variants for weapons and armour, ability to wear TWO rings and more radiant quest objectives, variants and the like. Makeradiant quests and encounters especially be really random.

I'd add:
--a more engaging plot for the companions (such an interesting group of people with such a lackluster plot)
--A combat system that makes weapons feel more diverse (kinda like the separate move-sets for weapons in Dark Souls)
-- More dialogue with Paarthurnax... i absolutely loved the dialogue with him and I want MORE!!!!

SajuukKhar:

chiggerwood:

Why would they migrate? Cyrodiil is the most bountiful land in all of Tamriel.

Also, the re-use of monsters isn't much appreciated, and a large portion of the ES lore people hated the minotaurs and the ogres, because they are too generic fantasy, which elder Scrolls is not.

That argument doesn't hold water for me, you think that just due to population, curiosity, the natural course of hunting/ foraging, or being captured and transported across Tamriel (seriously what asshole ruler wouldn't want a pet minotaur to win the constant dick measuring contest that nobles tend to have. Only to have the minotaur escape and kill said asshole ruler.) some would've wound up in Skyrim. As far as reused monsters go, (please note I'm not bitching since this stuff matches lore) They reuse Draugr from morrowind, vampires , trolls, mudcrabs, slaughterfish, Dwarven tech, and skeletons as well, and let's not forget them using the prisoner thing that they've used since arena, and generic fantasy stuff? You play as a bottom rung character, that is ordained by a higher power due to an ancient prophecy to save the world. Seriously all you need to do is get training from a wise old man, and slay dragons to... Oh wait.

Captcha: Grand slam. See even Captcha agrees with me.

I have a loooot of issues with Elder Scrolls games in general. For Skyrim, I'd want:

- NPCs who go on their own quests, so they're also adventurers looking for treasure, to kill beasts, assassinate other NPCs (or you!) etc. These quests should be randomly generated, and there should be some likeliness that you run into them as you walk around in Skyrim. This would really shake things up in the game and add an element of realism to the game. Me being the ONLY dude who goes on heroic quests in ALL OF SKYRIM, THE LAND OF NORD WARRIORS is an immersion breaker that only really is noticable when you spent some amount of time playing. Dynamic hero NPCs would bring something to the table that I always looked for in MMOs, but without the trashtalk and non-roleplaying behavior of actual humans.

- Dragons that have their own lairs that are really hard to get to and super hard to defeat

- A larger world (Skyrim, for all its size still is way too small to feel like a great and vast nation), and the option to remove quest markers and have detailed description of where to go. This would add to the epicness (a la Morrowind)

- Areas or regions in Skyrim that are extremely hard to traverse, due to wildlife or natural obstacles. It's gotta be a very dangerous place that you would usually want to avoid. How about a huge chasm that separates an entire region from the main region of Skyrim? The only way to get there are a few bridges that maybe some factions are fighting to control because it is a profitable for taxing

- Factions war each other constantly taking over each others cities and towns. Strength of factions directly dependent on their economic power. Basically an AI controlled RTS that you just witness from a first person perspective and can participate in, but still feel small and insignificant

- There is a mod called "Interesting NPCs" on Skyrim nexus that adds more NPCs, and gives new voice overs to existing ones, adds new lines and quests. From the videos I've seen, it seems like a must have mod

For me, I'd like it if they added:

- More gold for merchants.
- Having your followers not die permanent deaths (gets really annoying when you have to go back a save from who knows when because your follower ran into a spike pit of death or whatever), something like what New Vegas did.
- An ability to mark what items you want your follower to use/wear.
- Some kind of indication of how much weight your follower is carrying.
- More variety in weapons/armor/jewelry.
- The ability to wear more than one ring.
- Better looking dudes to marry (seriously, most of the marriageable dudes are bald and/or pockmarked to hell).
- Being able to name your horses/dogs.
- Adding more quest that take down the guilds/join opposing sides (such as being able to join the Silver Hand [or whatever they were called], taking out the Thieves' Guild and cleaning up Riften, and such).

There's probably more, but it's been a bit since I last played Skyrim. Hell, thinking about all this makes me want to jump back in.

More smithing options.

Think about it - you can just stand there for hours, smithing the same dagger and the same helmet for ages. Every Orcish Sword you make is going to look exactly like every Orcish Sword you find in shops and chests all over the place.

How hard could it be for Bethesda to let you choose the style of item you wish to make - and then add another option for the material you wish to make it from? You could make an Iron Sword out of orichalcum, a Daedric Helmet with plain iron instead of ebony (nowhere near as good, obviously), or a glass katana in the style of an Ebony Greatsword!

Imperial-style armour made from moonstone and quicksilver! The possibilities would be nearly endless, and would require little more than some alternative textures!

Seriously, I can't believe they haven't done this already.

chiggerwood:
snip

-Minotaurs are animals, they arent that smart
-Dragur in Morrowind were specifically stated to come from the Nords, and Skyrim, thus, OFC they are in Skyrim.
-Same with the Dwemer, we knew the Dwemer had bases from Morrowind, into Skyrim, and over to Hammerfell.
-Vampires had, again, been previously stated to span all of Tamirel.
-Skeletons are the same as vampires, restless undead, which are, everywhere there are dead people, which is everywhere.
-trolls, mudcrabs, slaughterfish, have also been stated to be everywhere, minatorus have not.
-The prisoner thing ties into the lore of the games, its part of the symbolic Rebel/King/Observer dichotomy, as the gods are prisoners of Mundus, so are the heroes prisoners of mundus.

-While that may be true
--What other series is the universe the dream of a god-like being that is not only dead, by suffers from multiple personality disorder?
--What other series has the dream characters of the dreamworld of god that is the universe dream up their own dreamworlds and obtaining god-hood through the realization of the dream?
--What other series has it to where direct mimicry of the gods can literally make you become the gods?
--What other series has a race of beings that reject reality as real and thus built a giant robot to hold all of their souls so they can anti-create themselves back into nothingness?
--What other series has only 8 gods that are altered by mortal belief and have been twisted to the point where every single version of said god exists, is the same god, yet can fight the other versions of the god they are?

Elder Scrolls is only generic if you know nothing.

More rewarding things to do on the domestic front.

Also, Daggerfall's spellmaker.

I would like to see a Elder Scrolls game that is on par again with Daggerfall. Granted a lot of the towns were copy and pasted building, but the sheer size was breathtaking and the fact that I could go to any one of those places and be a character was awesome. I doubt they'll do that, in which case I would like a game to be set in Black Marsh, completely alien and with a feel like the original Turok, survival of the fittest. Also the quests were more difficult and the dungeons gigantic, capable of getting lost in and requiring map skills to get out, I want things to be more difficult. No longer should we pander to boring gamers who have to have everything spoon fed to them in 1-2 hours play sessions.

I just want them to talk to Taleworlds about how to make intense melee combat and massed battles. We all know what I'm talking about - the 'great fearsome battle' consisted of about 9 city guards whacking about 8 daedra for a few minutes. I've coughed up scarier shit than that. Seriously, if that's all the Emperor can manage to raise to save the world we're better off without him. That battle (and the battles at the end of the Skyrim civil war) were more an annoyance that felt like a waste of stamina potions than a climactic struggle to decide who would rule Skyrim/destroy the world.

I wanted to see something on the scale of the smallest of Mount and Blade sieges - arrows whistling past, shields shattering under thrown axes, the screams of the dying ...

Oblivion + Mount & Blade = GAME OF THE FREAKIN CENTURY

And more weaponry. Why oh why did Skyrim and Oblivion ship WITH NO SPEARS ?!?

more stuff involving sticking it to the thalmor

F*** you thalmor ass-hats

A procedural world... okay maybe something the size of a Canadian province.

erttheking:
I'd probably make the combat system more Dark Souls like. Not as hard, but with the same system, because run up and just swing your sword until the guys fall down isn't the best. Heck, when I think about it, fighting in Minecraft was more tense than Skyrim.

If youre on PC theres a mod for that:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2700

I use it and its beyond fantastic. The combat should have started like this. Stamina works like dark souls, blocks cost stamina, losing all your stamina makes your block weak and slows you down. Enemies fight together to flank and outnumber you. Enemies break your guard and put up their own guard more often. Ive hard VERY tense fights that last a damn long time because we both turtle up occasionally jabbing weapons at eachother. I also have a spear mod which makes it even better. Definitely a good edition.

I prefered oblivions skills but i liked the perks thing. It was more interesting than:

"Hurah.. you reached level 50... swords now swing betterer for a bigger ouchie number... the same as what happened every other damn level"

Needed better perks though, a perk for a bigger ouchie number was stupid. I want awesome ones like parries and tricks. Actual SKILLS a person would learn by doing stuff.

SajuukKhar:

Jynthor:
-More major cities/rebuild Winterhold/Helgen quest lines.(Come on Bethesda, first you remove Sutch and Kvatch from Oblivion and now you pull the same crap in Skyrim)

I dont know why people always suggest this. Back in medieval times, if a town got destroyed, people didn't rebuilt it, they moved on to a different town.

Only towns of super big importance, or that were owned by a really rich king, got rebuilt, and Helgan, and Winterhold, aren't such towns.

Helgen was a major trade town in the ore trade from Skrim into the Empire. While nomminaly Falkreath territory it was Imperial controled due to the large Imperial army outpost to control the trade route. In short a town that should have been a top priority to restore so it didn't affect the ore shipments heading south.

There should of been a whole quest line with hearthfire style upgrades to rebuild and improve Helgen.

I would like to see some dragons that aren't just the seemingly mindless killing machines. Paarthurnax was kind of an interesting character, so some more 'noble' dragons who show up and maybe lord over things but don't really do any fighting but have a few quests surrounding them. I'm not sure if that is really lore friendly, but some fantasy universes have dragons who were/are more than animals. Highly intelligent but arrogant beyond belief.

It would also be cool to have Dragon Whispers as well as Shouts, ones that are a bit more friendly to sneaky characters. There is the throw voice Shout, but why not have one that shrouds you in shadows for a short time or extinguishes and nearby light sources?

And the Luggage from Discworld. What better companion could there be than a homicidal travel accessory? Storage and protection rolled in to one!

SajuukKhar:

chiggerwood:
snip

Snip

Your argument about the Minotaurs still doesn't hold water. Coyote's aren't that smart, but they still found their way across the U.S. which is much bigger than Tamriel

Here's the main things: I'm not saying that reusing the monsters was bad, like I said "I'm not bitching, it's all within lore" you just brought up people disliking the reuse of monsters and that was my counterpoint that reusing monsters is fine if done well, which the elder scrolls does well.

And I'm not saying that The Elder Scrolls are generic (the overall story of Skyrim is, but I still enjoyed it just not as much as oblivion's or morrowind's story, because the villain's reasoning was weaker than previous games) I'm just saying that it has some generic tendencies at times and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I loved the colorful fantasy aesthetic of Oblivion; I was just bringing up a counterpoint to what you said.

Listen I love The Elder Scrolls, the well over a 1200 hours of my life spent playing morrowind, oblivion, and Skyrim will attest to that. I love the lore, and I think I'm one of the few people who actually read the books in the games, (which is why I sided with the Empire) because they're fascinating, and add richness to the world. I don't think that you'll find a bigger fan than myself, but part of being a fan is pointing out problems so they can be fixed, like lore inconsistencies, game-play that's lacking, npc behavior that breaks immersion, little things that don't make sense, such as the lack of knowledge regarding crossbows, the lack of spears, did I mention how much I like spears because I really, really like spears, the missing spells, the fact that you can no longer create spells (and don't say the dissolving of the mages guild because the college still exist), or how I miss the invisibility enchantment, how shallow marriage is (although it is amazing that no one threw a shit fit over same sex marriage in Skyrim, then again the dev team, nor the publisher made a big deal about it), how being the Harbinger of the companions, thane, or the archmage, doesn't really make any difference to the overall game and you can't do anything with the organizations, FUCKING DAWNGUARD!

If we blindly love our favorite things and pay no heed to the things that hold them back we make them worse. I fucking love The Elder Scrolls and I sing it's praises often. However if there's a fuck up I'm gonna be bitching about it so the series doesn't go downhill.

Xanex:
Helgen was a major trade town in the ore trade from Skrim into the Empire. While nomminaly Falkreath territory it was Imperial controled due to the large Imperial army outpost to control the trade route. In short a town that should have been a top priority to restore so it didn't affect the ore shipments heading south.

There should of been a whole quest line with hearthfire style upgrades to rebuild and improve Helgen.

No, the city wasn't a major anything. There is, quite literally, nothing in the game that suggest Helgen was important in ore trading.

Secondly, it wasn't a large Imperial outpost, it had Imperials there because Pale Pass had an avalanche so Tullius moved him, and his personal guard, to Helgen, to do the execution, instead of taking Ulfric to Cryodiil like he was going to.

chiggerwood:
snip

And I still must contend that, even with Elder Scrolls reusing monsters, having minotaurs in Skyrim really makes no sense, its just not their type of environment, and the lore gives them a very special connection to Cyrodiil.

Also
-The lack of knowledge on crossbows really isn't inconsistent, they were never used in a large way by anyone. The Imperial Legion tried to use them, but they aren't as effective as normal bows, so they dropped them.

-Spears do exist, they aren't just magically gone, we just dont get to use any of them.

-Spells are gone because they lacked a clear gameplay element.

-Bethesda has stated that they are looking for ways to put spellmaking back in, they removed it because it took the magic out of magic.

-Being Leader of a guild/thane really shouldn't change the game in any major way. I really dont know what people expect, but becoming leader of the companions logically shouldn't do anything besides get you random comments like "aren't you the thane/harbinger/arch-mage". It's like getting award the key to the city IRL, do you know what that really changes? jack shit.

-You can use the factions, including the Dawnguard, or more quests, and getting anyone in the faction to join you on adventures, which is FAR more then either Morrowind or Oblivion did.

I probably bring up a few different things each time this comes up.

Number one, first and foremost, and before all else: Fix bugs, fill in broken, incomplete, or missing quest lines. There's just no excuse for not being able to finish a primary storyline quest because a flag refuses to trip, or not being able to talk to someone about a subquest because you've moved on in the main storyline. And if you reference someone wanting to destroy the Thieves' Guild, or a non-violent way to free a prisoner from the Thalamor embassy, by god, there ought to be something there. Rare occurrences of monsters hanging in mid-air honestly seems a little trivial by comparison.

After a certain point, no one should talk down to the Dragonborn. You do not sneer at, scoff at, dismiss or demean someone who is wearing armor made of dragon bones whose voice could put you through a wall.

I'm leader of the guild! Yay, I get... stuff. And more fetch-quests. Here's a thought: how about I send other people on fetch quests? How about the new apprentice gets to go hunting Nirnroot for me? Heck, how about I send the acolyte to go fetch three witch's heads and a bucket full of daedra hearts, and as a result they never come back (either because they've tried and been eviscerated or because they've fled the country in the realization that the new Archmage is a freaking psychopath?)

Accurate mouse recognition of when I click on a command or inventory item, please! I know the game wasn't made with PC gamers in mind first and foremost, but this is a pretty low-level baseline kind of thing not to have working 100%.

More meaningful choices that amount to, "No, I not only refuse this quest, I defy and oppose its very goals and those who hold them." And generally, less, "Ooh, this is so morally grey" when a perfectly reasonable reaction to the situation might be "none of the above, five exclamation points."

Fewer uses of "perk" points that are a glorious waste of time. And frankly, if you actually grind away enough to get 100 in a skill, you should be able to get any damn perk on the chart you want without having to go through four levels of fluff to get to it.

The "wards" are utter, utter crap. "If I wear wizard robes rather than armor, and use one hand for this instead of shields or weapons or an offensive spell or healing, and my enemies are polite enough to give me the time to charge them... My specialization pays off in something that's generally not quite as good as shield or armor and goes through my magicka like a rotary saw through Jell-O." Archmages should be afraid of something a little more uncommon than an archer who can draw an arrow faster than they can get up a ward.

Consequences to things that aren't just triggers from quests. If I'm crafting ten sets of glass armor every time I return to Whiterun, guards should start showing up wearing glass. If I take out bandits at a bridge, more trade caravans should start getting through. If I sell twenty invisibility potions, merchants should start complaining about thefts. If I pick every leek in every farm for five miles, leeks should stop showing up at the produce shop.

I would add in Oblivion. And then take out Skyrim.

To actually contribute though, an arena. Bethesda goes through all the trouble of trying to make their combat system better, and succeeds at least in comparison to Oblivion, and then neglects to put in a combat-focused feature that the previous game had. I know the reason is because the land of Skyrim doesn't have a proper arena according to lore (which makes no sense to me considering the Nords are a warrior-centric race), but an underground scene would have been cool.

Real facial expressions and body language. That is all.

FootloosePhoenix:
I would add in Oblivion. And then take out Skyrim.

To actually contribute though, an arena. Bethesda goes through all the trouble of trying to make their combat system better, and succeeds at least in comparison to Oblivion, and then neglects to put in a combat-focused feature that the previous game had. I know the reason is because the land of Skyrim doesn't have a proper arena according to lore (which makes no sense to me considering the Nords are a warrior-centric race), but an underground scene would have been cool.

There actually was an arena, well, it was actually more like a fighting pit, in Windhelm, that got removed.

The Windhelm guard barracks are made up of what remain of the fighting pits "bloodworks".

An arena
A longer more fleshed out Companions guild storyline or a better Werewolf storyline
The ability to join the Thalmor as a high elf
Non scaling enemies
Bigger enemy varation

SajuukKhar:
snipo

Yes they do have a connection to Cyrodiil however Falkreath used to be part of Cyrodiil until the borders were changed, so technically it would be within lore for Minotaurs to be in southern Skyrim and within reason seeing as the Falkreath hold has a very similar climate and plant life to the rest of Cyrodiil, so HA! (this is fun)

-BULL-FUCKING-SHIT! The lack of knowledge on crossbows is inconsistent. They had been invented, and perhaps in the game they weren't used by a lot of enemies but that just makes the enemy programming look poor (and it's Bethesda, and lets be honest they're not known for good combat), and saying an army wouldn't use them because they weren't as good as bows is insanity, crossbows would be used due to their simplicity and efficiency, that's why they were popular in real life history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossbow . It takes months to train someone with a crossbow to be as good as someone with a bow that took years to train. The idea that a crossbow isn't as effective as a regular bow is insultingly absurd and Bethesda should've just said "We don't want to program crossbows" Also if the army wasn't using them you know damn good and well that bandits would. Also crossbows can pierce armor, so let's see easier to use than a bow, easier to train with than a bow, and can pierce armor which a bow cannot however somehow the military comes to the conclusion that bows are better, Why do I smell a whiff of bullshit coming from Bethesda's direction?

-If spears exist and we just don't get to use them (meaning they're in the programming but like fuck we can get to them) that's horse-shit and they should be put in the game.

-So what if they lacked a clear gameplay element? They were still fun.

-I actually liked the spell making it made it seem like the people of Tamriel weren't just dicking around with magic. It made it seem like that magic was something that was being seriously studied, and it was fun to make a spell that set yourself on fire.

-Ok I'll give you the thane one, however you should be given more control over a guild once you're the head of it. In Oblivion when you became head of the Fighters guild you got to choose whether the guild focused on recruiting or (exploring or doing jobs I can't really remember) and you got either gold or items which isn't much but it's more than we got in Skyrim. all we got in Skyrim is a bunch of easily killable morons to follow us into battle, and on that note...

-It would be fine to have a friend on adventures if the AI wasn't so stupid that they can hardly chew! Here's a true story:

I decided that I would take on a traveling partner (I can't remember who) I'm playing a sneaky Kajhiit like I always do (seriously if you have a high sneak and archery skill the planes oblivion are a cakewalk. Unless you have brain dead NPC following you, back to Skyrim) and I was sneaking through a crypt looking for treasure, when I saw a pressure plate that was connected to a spike wall, so I go around it assuming my partner would do the same, when suddenly he bolts towards me triggering the plate, sending a spikewall hurdling at my face going mach 10 and killing me.

So yeah I don't consider the AI partners being any kind of reward.

Being able to customize, level up (perks and such) and set favourites for your followers would be excellent, set their preffered armour and melee weapons, favourite a ranged option and some arrows/bolts... yeah that would be neat.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here