After today's bombshell, are you getting a Wii U?
Yes
20.1% (127)
20.1% (127)
I already have one
9.8% (62)
9.8% (62)
no
70.1% (444)
70.1% (444)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I sure as hell am.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations
Injustice Gods Among Us
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2

I sure as hell am.

Meh...none of those really interest me...wait.....a Fire Emblem game!?!

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter? (see the next few posts before you quote me about how it's not a fighter; the two I quoted are exempt from this but everyone else gets a beating if they correct this!)

Never mind, I'm back out. Monster Hunter/Xenoblade 2 piques my interest slightly but not enough to throw money into a new system. Sorry Nintendo but I still don't trust you to continue developing games that will interest "core" gamers until you've demonstrated it for a while longer. If this kind of development continues, I will be much more interested.

tippy2k2:

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter?

Never mind, I'm back out. Monster Hunter piques my interest slightly but not enough to throw money into a new system.

Its not known yet, but odds are it will be a SRPG.

It would be dumb not to.

tippy2k2:

FUCK YEAH I'M.....wait.......this is a fighter?

Nope, it's a cross over RPG. Atlus and Nintendo are working on it together. Part Fire Emblem, part SMT. All parts awesome...

OT: I was planning on it anyway, but Monolith Soft's new game has made my purchase all the more urgently required. That thing is pure sex in a trailer.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
el snippo

jackpackage200:
le snip

IF that is the case (no website seems to know what type of game this is even going to be; I assumed fighter due to the description on Joystick but I suppose it doesn't actually say one way or another) I will be keeping a closer eye on the Wii U.

One game alone won't be enough but if Nintendo keeps this up, they may persuade me to give them another chance after the Wii broke my heart...

I already have it! And I'm excited for Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Mario Platformer, and Yoshi's Epic Yarn!

Out of that whole list, and a few others I've heard, the only thing that remotely grabs my interest is Bayonetta 2.

And as much as I love the first one, I'm not buying a console for just one game, but I might depending on what else comes out later.

Wait and see, wait and see. I already have alot on my plate right now, not to mention alot of games in my backlog. By the time I'm done the console should have dropped in price, or there would be alot of people selling their used consoles.

I recommend that others do the same.

I'm definitely getting one in the near future, SMTxFE solidifies it.

Pikmin 3 I want, and I'm curious as to what the Fire Emblem game will turn out to be, but I just want another Fire Emblem game.
Change is bad.

Bayonetta 2 is the only game that interests me from that 'bombshell' list. Really, bombshell list ? Some of these games I consider to be meh at best while some I've never even heard off.

So no I will not be getting a Wii U for 3 reasons. 1. I still have a working PSP. 2. I didn't get a PS VIta for AC:Liberation, AC being an IP I like more than Bayonetta, so I sure as hell I ain't getting a Wii U. 3. If Mass Effect which was an Xbox exclusive was released on the PS3 even after what 6 years ? I don't care. I will still wait until the dev team pull their heads out of their asses and release Bayonetta 2 for consoles. This will happen since the sales will be bad since I would guess much of it's original PS3/360 fanbase won't shell out 200 for Bayonetta 2 on Wii U.

Very likely. Before I get a system, I expect it to have 12 games I want and can't play on a system I already own. The Wii U looks like it may get there a whole lot faster than I expected.
In no order, I want (or am very optimistic about) these:
1. Pikmin 3
2. 3D Mario
3. Wii U Zelda
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Shin Megami Tensei-Fire Emblem crossover
6. Wii U Smash Brothers
7. The Wonderful 101
8. Rayman Legends

Wind Waker HD may make it as an exception too. I do already have it, but adding a Master Quest and making the sailing/wind-changing less of a pain in the ass would do much to sway me.

Yep! All of them I want to pick up sometime in the future, but Xenoblade 2 and the SMT/FE crossover is what's getting me excited. Let's hope that the devs don't mess this up. :-)

Yes. I already wanted one but this just reinforced my decision.

None of those games interest me in the least. The only Nintendo exclusive I'm even remotely interested in is the next Smash Bros game, and after buying a Wii for Brawl, I'm certainly not buying the Wii U for Smash Bros. Nintendo still needs to prove to me that they can garner serious 3rd party support (from real gamer games, like Call of Duty and Street Fighter) and need to prove that their online service is worth using. Friend codes was an awful abomination and I sincerely hope whoever designed it is jobless and in agony in a ditch somewhere.

What big reveal? It's the same lineup of remakes, reboots, rehashes and ressurections as it always is. Nintendo are not even pretending to innovate anymore.

jackpackage200:
I sure as hell am.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations
Injustice Gods Among Us
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2

I sure as hell am.

Already own one~

I am so excited for all this stuff! I still have to play my backlog of wii games yet XD

MetallicaRulez0:
(from real gamer games, like Call of Duty and Street Fighter)

I...

Um...

What?

This makes no sense. At all. Not. One. Bit.

this is a big anouncment?..eh

I'll get a Wii U if

-an awsome New Metroid trillogy with a great cohearant story with a good end
-it is better than a PC
-it is a sentient robot that will clean my room
-it doubles as a energy drink despencer
-it has blue neon lights

so..never in other words

Yeah...no. Most of those games are crap except for the possibility of a few.

Xenoblade 2 (I liked the first)
Bayonetta 2 (Definitely enjoyed the first, yet very sad to see this game being a freaking Wii exclusive)
SMT X Fire Emblem (Keeping an eye on this one. Still not worth a console for but as an old fan of Fire Emblem, they better not screw it up)

The rest are either crap or just so mediocre that it's not even worth the $60 price tag. Lettle alone buying a console for.

-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (eh...)
-Pikmin 3 (this is mostly a very subjective subject since this game is not for everybody. So I'm just going to say that it's not for me)

-Resident Evil Revelations (If you actually think Capcom is going to release a good or even decent Resident Evil game for the first time since Resident Evil 4, I feel sorry for you)
-Injustice Gods Among Us (A Mortal Kombat rip off? Chances are, a poorly done one? No thanks)
-Rayman Legends (Again, mostly subjective but I haven't gave a damn about Rayman since the PS1 version so pass)

Wind Waker HD doesn't count. I'm not going to be pathetic enough to buy an over $300, outed technology console for an HD (seriously how do you make an HD version of this game? The graphics are cartoons for Christ sake) version of Zelda. If I wanted to play Wind Waker, I'll just play on my well kept Gamecube.

Overall, not really impressed at all. The only other interesting game that will give any hope for this console besides the ones I mentioned is the new Super Smash Brothers game. If there was ONE game that could sell a console like the Wii U, it's a new Super Smash Brothers and everybody here knows it. XD

I do like the looks of the roster for the Wii U. Xenoblade 2, Bayonetta 2, Rayman Legends (sure are lot of sequels), plus Kirby's Epic Yarn is going to get a spiritual successor starring Yoshi.

My poor wallet. :'(

Nope. Not falling for this one again.

I'm interested in suda 51's new title, but it would have to be damned good to make me want to buy a wiiu.

The only game that interests me is the smash bros game.

Oh god yes!

After today, I am getting a Wii-U once those games start coming out, I have a few people on this site I can play with as well!

You're missing the best looking game, TS. The Wonderful 101 screams GOTY material to me from everything that is shown. Fantastic graphics, brilliantly OTT and of course directed by Kamiya.

I was already planning on getting one eventually, and this new info only solidified that choice. An SMT and Fire Emblem crossover? Oh hell yes. All of my want. :D

ResonanceSD:
What big reveal? It's the same lineup of remakes, reboots, rehashes and ressurections as it always is. Nintendo are not even pretending to innovate anymore.

And yet millions of people still enjoy the games.

It's almost like something doesn't have to be completely original to be fun.

Or are those people all just sheep who can't have real opinions?

Xenoblade and Wonderful 101 definitely have me staring at the Wii U sales, but I'm still a little cautious. I figure if they get one more game to hook me, then I'd probably be in. Currently, that controller is just giving me bad vibes.

Bayonetta 2 interests me but... well, to be frank, nothing in today's reveal grabbed my attention at all.

Call me back when they announce a new Star Fox or a new F-ZERO game, then we'll talk about me possibly buying a WiiU.

There are no games I'm interested in at the moment... I'm just getting more and more picky with my games as I grow older.

Probebly not, although the SMT X Fire Emblem game sounds brutal. FE's permadeath with Atlus' sadistic boss design, perhaps? *shudders*

I'm still waiting on the mini Canadian Wii U model

No. I don't need their gimmicky and most likely ill used controller to mess with good gameplay. I might go for a few of these titles, but all being said, the wiiU has by far the worst controller and the worst game potential compared to the other two consoles. The PS4 or XBOX720 would be more desirable choices for me purely from a game standpoint, not even to mention shoehorned motion controls and a frequently misused second screen mechanic.

Lets see here:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Could be good if it doesn't get stuck with horrible gimmicky controls
Pikmin 3: dito but with a much higher liklyhood of having said awful controls
Wind Waker HD: hated the standard WW and a graphics upgrade isn't gonna change that
Xenoblade 2 : never got around to playing the first one, looked way to much like MMO style take turns kicking eachother in the shins till the guy with smaller numbers falls down combat
SMT X Fire Emblem: could be interesting but there is almost no details at this point
Resident Evil Revelations: gonna get it on 3DS, which as of recently actually is getting to the point where I can justify a purchase especially if Luigi's mansion 2 and the upcoming Castlevania game are good (last chance Konami)
Injustice Gods Among Us: Could not possibly care less
Rayman Legends: The demo was fun until it decided I was having too much fun a forced me to move platforms while the game played itself, hope this one will come to a console that doesn't hurt my hands after 10 minutes.
Bayonetta 2: like the first one, but not nearly enough to buy a console for the sequel, escpicaly considering that kind of fast paced tightly controlled action seems like a horrible fit for the stupid pad.

So in other words, no, and I probably never will. This would be a first as I have owned every past Nintendo console, but there is just nothing about the WiiU that grabs me. If we get great, non-gimmicky Metroid and Zelda games I might reconsider but the likelyhood of that happening is immensely low.
EDIT: There is going to be a Kirby's epic yarn sequel, and people are actuly saying they are going to buy it. this makes me weep. blood. Epic yarn was not a game, it was a expensive fisher price toy.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here