After today's bombshell, are you getting a Wii U?
Yes
20.1% (127)
20.1% (127)
I already have one
9.8% (62)
9.8% (62)
no
70.1% (444)
70.1% (444)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I'm not going anywhere near the Wii U until I've seen it consistently get good games for at least two-three years. I'm sorry, but if I look at the Wii's catalogue of "games" all I see is licensed cash-ins, generic shovelware, ports (usually done worse), and godawful minigame collections. Doesn't matter if there's a handful of potentially good titles coming out, I need consistency.

I won't be touching any of the next gen's consoles for at least a couple of years after they come out, I think. I'd rather not risk wasting cash on a dud of a console.

As much as I loved The Wind Waker (it's one of my favourite games of all time) I'm not going to shell out 300 bucks for a game that I still own and play on my Gamecube. A game that doesn't really need an HD update since its art style makes it age extremely well. The other games just don't interest me that much.

No, not really interested, I had so few games between the Gamecube and Wii that it'd be stupid to assume differently at this stage.

Not really.
I already own Rayman Legends for PS3, SMTxFE could sound nice, if I've played any SMT games apart from P2,P3 and P4, so for me those characters are unknown.
The only game that sounds nice there is Bayonetta 2, but buying a console for one game is a waste of money. I can always watch a walkthrough of it in the future.

as soon as the new Zelda game comes out.

Only one of those interests me, and even then it's one I'll probably just get it on the PC, I'll say the same I said about the wii, one game isn't enough to make me shell out $100.

Gonna wait till I hear more about smash bros, zelda, and the 3D Mario

I already have a Wii U though the games I tend to play the most on it are the ones I can turn off the TV and play on the game pad. My eyes are bad when it comes to picking out small details on big screens so my only options are to play close up to a computer screen or play a handheld. For me the game pad mixes those two world perfectly and I wonder why they didn't just scrap the whole dual screen thing and make a solid home handheld.

Edit: Can't wait to go hunting with my buddys in monster hunter again, and the windwaker remake would be good for me becase I only got to watch my friend play it (I was using the GBA Tingle coop thing).

Like with every other console released since I graduated high school, I will not be buying the Wii-U until it has matured so I can get a decent game library for it to start with. This is a good start, but that's all it is: a start.

I was already planning on waiting a year or so before picking of these up, but depending on how fast these are released I might have to grab one earlier.

How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.

I'll get around to buying it eventually, sure it's games look appealing but it's not like they're going anywhere. Basically what I'm saying is I'm poor right now.

'Okay everyone, we've got some exciting news. You know those games like Super Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Zelda that we release for every console we create? Well guess what! They're coming to the WII U!'

Sorry, but what was the big reveal again?

Anyway, I still maintain the position I've always maintained; Nintendo consoles offer some of the most fun first party games around, those alone are worth the price of admission. That being said I won't be picking up the Wii U until they've got some heavy hitters under their belt; I'll probably pick one up after their first price drop.

Vault101:
this is a big anouncment?..eh

I'll get a Wii U if

-an awsome New Metroid trillogy with a great cohearant story with a good end
-it is better than a PC
-it is a sentient robot that will clean my room
-it doubles as a energy drink despencer
-it has blue neon lights

so..never in other words

So you'd buy it if it was Paulie's robot from Rocky 4?

Me too...me too...

...but only then.

EDIT: Also I have no connection to any of those titles, I don't even know what more than half of them are...not going to get me to break my never owned a console streak. No sir.

Quite noticeable that all are sequels or addition to already popular franchises.I for one have to proudly state that i have played none of those exclusive predecessors and most probably never do.If they are going to use exclusivity as a marketing campaign the least they can do is put something interesting or unique on the market like zombieU (i'll give them bayonetta,would be interesting how they pull off the U control)

Most of the people saying No Haven't actually given the wii U a good look.

A gun with a sexy witch with fast paced and exciting combat not 4 me.
And all of those platformers and shooters aren't nough 4 me either.
NIntendo covers all o der basses not enough 4 a hard core guy like me needs MORE COOD which it tottalt has, but he controller is gimmicky so I don't ant it.
Why would you ever bring a nintendo thread into the escapist is beyond me.

God damn do I want Pikmin 3,... but I don't really want a WiiU just for one game.

There may be a time when my sister notices that her WiiU has gone missing after I visit her. It's called borrowing without permission!

Bombshell? I wouldn't call that a fire cracker.

I will be getting one but not for a while. I'll probably wait until my birthday in July.

While I am interested in getting the new Wii U, I think I will wait awhile for a big price drop.
It will be fun to play some Pikmin again :D

DustyDrB:
Very likely. Before I get a system, I expect it to have 12 games I want and can't play on a system I already own. The Wii U looks like it may get there a whole lot faster than I expected.
In no order, I want (or am very optimistic about) these:
1. Pikmin 3
2. 3D Mario
3. Wii U Zelda
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Shin Megami Tensei-Fire Emblem crossover
6. Wii U Smash Brothers
7. The Wonderful 101
8. Rayman Legends

Wind Waker HD may make it as an exception too. I do already have it, but adding a Master Quest and making the sailing/wind-changing less of a pain in the ass would do much to sway me.

The prospect of extra dungeons that didn't quite make the cut of the first Wind Waker due to time constraints tantalises me, Wind Waker is easily my favourite Zelda bar Minish Cap.

I'm almost definately gonna pick one up, it meets my 8 games quota and will likely overtake it, since it's the platform of choice for a few choice titles in the coming months.

Plus, 3D Mario, I wants me some of that!

yay for finally seeing some exciting games announced on the wii U (seriously Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem made my dick ROCKHARD instantly) but it'll be still quite a while until I get the console (though I'm definitely getting one). Why? Because "announced" doesn't mean it'll be coming this year (or next for that matter).

Remember when Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced? In June fucking 2011!!!

Yeah, the games so far look delicious and some even surprised me a lot (Yoshi's Epic Yarn, "Xenoblade 2" and the aforemention cross over) and the fact that Retro Studios is still working on their hidden project makes me really excited about the Wii U but yeah... no buying it prematurely like I did with the 3DS only to collect dust until it's the time for a Kid Icarus uprising equivalent.

Captcha: "Do it now!

No, captcha, I won't. Even with you subtle manipulation, I won't >:C

I already have one, and after today I have even less regrets than I did before. Which, by my calculations, means I now have minus 27 regrets.

Most keen for Mario (and Kart), Zelda(s), Smash, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

Nazulu:
How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.

Almost all of them since they have identical button layouts.

None of the games you listed interests me in the slightest, so no, still not convinced to buy one.

crimson sickle2:
Xenoblade and Wonderful 101 definitely have me staring at the Wii U sales, but I'm still a little cautious. I figure if they get one more game to hook me, then I'd probably be in. Currently, that controller is just giving me bad vibes.

The pro controller is compatible with everything and I've heard good things about the gamepad, since it has a full array of it's own buttons as well as the touch screen. Though I'm yet to get mine so I can't speak from first hand experience yet.

Well, lets just hope none of the wanted titles in that list pulls a freaking Megaman Legends 3 on people. Next to Final Fantasy XIII I don't think anything annoyed me as much as when I bought a 3DS because of Megaman Legends 3 followed by capcom pulling the plug on the project for rather obscure reasons. At least the Vita hasn't disappointed me yet... well, it almost did with all the inspired ports of current gen home console games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty. Gravity Rush, Rayman Origins, and Persona 4 the Golden sold the system for me.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
Out of that whole list, and a few others I've heard, the only thing that remotely grabs my interest is Bayonetta 2.

And as much as I love the first one, I'm not buying a console for just one game, but I might depending on what else comes out later.

Pretty much this, verbatim.
Even if Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda game, I already have it. A remake would have to add a lot for me to consider buying the game again.
In addition, I'm waiting for a model of the console that doesn't have such incredibly limited HD space.

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

Thanks for that, I was hoping for it.

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.

Nazulu:

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.

Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.

...fuck you Capcom. I'm going to murder everyone who works for you and their families as soon as such a thing is practical. And I'm going to do it with an Agito, you bastards.

Other than that, Bayonetta 2 would be nice. But I'm not buying it for two games, and I wouldn't buy it for the former out of principal.

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

SkarKrow:

Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.

Yeah, actually this system in particular is doing much better than the game cube and Wii as far as the line up goes. Comparatively, the Wii U also has a better line up than either the Xbox 360 or ps3 had back when they were at a similar point in their launch cycle, so all in all it's probably a safe future purchase. Of course, the PS3 and 360 also hit right around the decline of the local video game rental industry and the rise of review insanity, so that probably colors some peoples opinions on the titles available.

Nope, waiting for 720 or PS4.

Colt47:

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

Yeah, actually this system in particular is doing much better than the game cube and Wii as far as the line up goes. Comparatively, the Wii U also has a better line up than either the Xbox 360 or ps3 had back when they were at a similar point in their launch cycle, so all in all it's probably a safe future purchase. Of course, the PS3 and 360 also hit right around the decline of the local video game rental industry and the rise of review insanity, so that probably colors some peoples opinions on the titles available.

The line up is really good for the stage in it's life with a lot of interesting games just over the horizon, honestly it's a good lineup if you ask me the PS3 and 360 had dreadful launch lineups comparitively.

It has all the shit people seem to want like the CODs and AC's of the world, two franchises I have come to lose interest in, but it has platformers. I grew up in the 90's. I like my platformers. As I've said elsewhere there's 10+ games I want already out or coming very soon, so I'll be ordering mine with haste.

But I was more referring to ignorance about the hardware itself, the controller and the options available to players. It reeks of the "let's hate Nintendo" bandwagon and I've seen an increase around The Escapist in "der it's kiddy there's no COD!" type posts, which is something I do not expect on this site. IGN or GameSpot, sure, whatever, but not The Escapist.

I already own one, and maybe Resident Evil is the only game there that interests me.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here