After today's bombshell, are you getting a Wii U?
Yes
20.1% (127)
20.1% (127)
I already have one
9.8% (62)
9.8% (62)
no
70% (443)
70% (443)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Yep, now I just need money.

The seven seconds I saw of that Monolith Soft game were sex.

jackpackage200:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Xenoblade 2
SMT X Fire Emblem
Resident Evil Revelations
Injustice Gods Among Us
Rayman Legends
Bayonetta 2

I sure as hell am.

Yeeaaah nooooo. All I see is a couple of ports from the previous generation and a few series I've never really gotten into. So yeah, the WiiU will go and continue my trend of not bothering to get any Nintendo consoles.

C'est la vie.....

Nope. I don't see any reason to buy a Nintendo console at this point. Nothing on that list interests me in the slightest. Hell, nothing in the original Wii games library interests me in the slightest, except maybe a Zelda game. Really not worth buying a console for, if you ask me. I'll be waiting for the PS4. Unless of course that one goes all gimmicky, then I'll just skip a generation and stick to PC.

I do not want a WiiU.

At all.

In the slightest.

I want to play this XenoBlades successor and I want to play the MonHun title.

But I do not want to pay that price for a last gen piece of hardware.

Fuck you, Nintendo. And fuck your $170 iFad controller.

I already own one... I'm a little disappointed at how many people answered no on the poll but then again, the community of the Escapist has never been all that Nintendo friendly.

Anyway, The Wonderful 101 is a game I've been looking forward to since it was announced, and was the game I wanted most as a launch title. I was very disappointed to find out that it wouldn't be out by launch and that it may be released quite a bit later for those living in the UK and Europe.

I naturally want Super Smash Bros but I know that's not coming out for a while, I'd assume Christmas time 2014, if we're lucky. It will be nice to see screen shots and a trailer for it at this year's E3... I'm also hoping the start up a Dojo site for it like with Brawl; I loved following each of the updates.

I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn, though I love all things Kirby, and it's nice to see a spiritual successor to it. My little brother's favourite Mario character is Yoshi so I think this will be a good game to get for his Birthday or Christmas. Here's hoping it has a co-op mode.

I was disappointed by Mario 64 and was put off from 3D Mario games, but when I got a small chance with Super Mario Galaxy 2 I found it to be incredible, so depending on how it looks at E3, I might also purchase this new Mario game.

Wind Waker is my favourite Legend of Zelda so there's a purchase or Christmas present addition for me.

There are still some things I'm hoping for, for instance I'd love to see the next BlazBlue game available on the Wii U. I would also like to see some of Nintendo's IP's that haven't been getting much love make an appearance, like a new Star Fox or F-Zero game (heck, surprise me with an all region's Panel de Pon starring Lip or a console made game of Dillon's Rolling Western). Nowadays though I don't play games quite as much as I used to so hey, maybe this will be enough to satisfy me. The future of the Wii U looks promising.

Hardly. Of the list, only Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate catches my interest as a friend of mine spoke highly of the series. Other than that, I'm still waiting for more content and games that I will play for more than an hour.

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

SkarKrow:

Almost all of them since they have identical button layouts.

Thanks for that, I was hoping for it.

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.

Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.

Thanks again. I'll check it out soon. I've already used the controller in store and it's not what I'm looking for. I really dislike having my hands spaced apart so much, and looking down in at the screen is a backwards move when I have a lovely big TV I'd rather look at.

Also, it isn't odd that there are a lot of people who love and hate something before they've even tried it. That's always happened from my experience.

Not really...The only games that Interest me there are Injustice and Bayonetta 2, and I can get the former on my current console.

I'm not a nintendo hater though, I may get a WiiU in a few years.

i dont think i'll ever get it, to be honest. i Love Zelda games and Mario games and i do own a wii, but i tried the mario games AND Skyward Sword and...painfully because of the waggle shit i Hated it all. my Wii is strictly a freakin older game port now. stupid waggle. seriously the only Wii games i play is Smash Brothers cuz you can use the GC controller and New Mario World Wii cuz again, you dont need to use the freakin wii remote!

god i hate that controller * rages at stubbornness *

i'll look into it in a couple years time once it actually Has games on the damn thing and its also way cheaper. i might even get it used since i'll mostly likly never use it and i perfer playing games with an actual controller, not a useless gimmick of a handheld inventory/map/Ipad controller *sigh*

Just want to say its not Xenoblade 2, its just another monolith RPG with no announced name yet :) anyway i already have one and this was a glorious day for nintendo!

Well, after I've heard and saw gameplay for Rayman Legends, ZombiU, and Nintendo Land, I was already dead set to buy the console. I'm planning to buy it later this year after a few more titles are released so I can have a diverse set of games that I can choose from.

probably not, the only game on that list that interests me is Revelations (loved the 3ds version) and now its getting released on 360 and PS3, so nope.

I tried the controller multiple times when going through both best buy and target and never really felt like it was that horrible to handle. The PS Vita is actually a little less ergonomic than the tablet like Wii U controller, though I'm a bit surprised the battery life on the Wii U controller itself is so low. As for the console and the hardware specs: they are good enough for the resolution of the typical TV screen the system is going to be hooked up to. Unless someone is trying to sell the same game over and over again like Call of Duty, the hardware is hardly a burden. The only reason companies like that get annoyed by the hardware limitations is that better graphics are one of the few selling points they have for that type of game. Otherwise, why move to the next title at all?

I already have a Wii. And it plays the Metroid Prime trilogy and Wind Waker just fine. So I have no reason to get a Wii U, unless they come out with exclusive games that pique my curiosity, and a lot of them.

The only thing that could make me want to deal with the Wii U's gimmicky controller is another 2D Metroid game.

Nazulu:

SkarKrow:

Nazulu:

Thanks for that, I was hoping for it.

I'm going to make sure every thing is clear before I purchase a Wii U, but I'll most likely wait till some more games are released.

Not a problem, Blunty did a rather in depth review of the system as a whole including the launch line up, the controllers, how it all felt to use, etc, that I found rather informative and helpful, here's the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ai0P-ui40

Should help to clear things up for you it did for me. The lack of analog triggers is bizarre but hardly a big issue when they're only really helpful for racing sims. I'm sold on it tbh, there's a bunch of games I already want and tonnes on the horizon so I'm up for it.

Oddly a lot of what people seem to dislike about the console seems to be seeping from ignorance about the hardware.

Thanks again. I'll check it out soon. I've already used the controller in store and it's not what I'm looking for. I really dislike having my hands spaced apart so much, and looking down in at the screen is a backwards move when I have a lovely big TV I'd rather look at.

Also, it isn't odd that there are a lot of people who love and hate something before they've even tried it. That's always happened from my experience.

Aye it's worth checking out, honestly I'll use the 80-hour battery life controller Pro for anything that doesn't use the gamepad well or if i'm not playing on just the gamepad.

So say something like Darksiders 2 where alll the menus are on the touch screen and much easier to navigate, I'd use the gamepad, but something like mario bros I'd use the pro controller.

Yeah it's a rampant problem, I can give you first impressions from an hour with a demo, but I can't say a game is utter shit from ten minutes play in a shop.

I'm more likley than I am to get a PS4, anlthough to keep with my friends, I'll likely be getting a 720 regardless, but Nintendo hasn't won my console heart back yet. They're close with Fire Emblem, and if Smash 4 is in development, I'm happy, but the lack of F-Zero and, more importantly to me at least, a new Star Fox is holdig me back. At least for now. I'll probably cave eventually and buy one whether I get those titles, but I'll just be more dead inside when I do so if Nintendo doesn't return to those franchises.

Nope. While that list is far from terrible, it's also far from appealling enough to make me want to spend the sort of money a WiiU costs. As I see it, a lot of that is the sort of stuff that would appeal to people who have and enjoy a Wii and were on the fence about the WiiU. I had a Wii, and I sold it.

What happened to the "maybe" option? Or the "I'm not convinced yet" option? :P

That would have been my vote, btw. Maybe, but I'm not convinced yet.

I was planning to get one whenever a clear release date for Super Smash Bros. U or Zelda Wii U were announced anyway, but this certainly has me more excited. I've always been a Nintendo fanboy and that's unlikely to change soon, but I can't afford to buy it right now with so few games that I want to play when the price could lower before I do actually really want it. So I will get one, eventually. SMT x Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2 and Wind Waker HD sound awesome.

Not planning on it, mostly because I can't afford it.

Nope. Motion controls just aint my thing.

WiiU is a pretty horrible system. None of those games interest me anyway apart from Bayonetta 2, which I'm not buying a whole system for.

I'm still waiting for the original Wii to drop in price in order to play Xenoblade Chronicles.

I would really want a Bayonetta 2, but I'm not going to buy a Wii U just to play that. It would be a pity if we didn't get Bayonetta 2 on Sony and Microsofts next "proper" consoles - no doubt a next gen Bayonetta game would look awesome too....

Well I already was going to get one, but now I'm even more excited for it!

Before I was most interested in Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Pikmin 3, but now the new Xenoblade has captured my interest! I can't wait to hear more about it! I'm also really excited about the new Wind Waker HD, I've played the old one but I never owned it, so this is really exciting for me.

Sould1n:
I already own one... I'm a little disappointed at how many people answered no on the poll but then again, the community of the Escapist has never been all that Nintendo friendly.

They really haven't been, have they? It's kinda depressing really. I come here and I see how negative people are and it's really disappointing.
So how do you like your Wii U?

Wasn't planning on it before....after seeing this list of games...

I'm still not interested, maybe even LESS interested than I was before.

Not a single title on that list is interesting to me.

New Frontiersman:
Well I already was going to get one, but now I'm even more excited for it!

Before I was most interested in Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate and Pikmin 3, but now the new Xenoblade has captured my interest! I can't wait to hear more about it! I'm also really excited about the new Wind Waker HD, I've played the old one but I never owned it, so this is really exciting for me.

Sould1n:

They really haven't been, have they? It's kinda depressing really. I come here and I see how negative people are and it's really disappointing.

To be fair, most of the negativity is based on outdated/false info, so it's just people being a bit ignorant. "Herp derp, the technology is last gen (no it isn't), it's just more motion controll gimmickry (except it has a proper controller with all the buttons we'd normally expect), it's just more Mario and Zelda (except Nintendo is also working on and publishing Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, the new 'X' project, amongst others)..."

You can't realy do a lot to change the mind of people who want to hate Nintendo. It's the 'in' thing right now. It doesn't matter that the Wii U now has more 'hardcore' exclusives than the 360 this year, by around a factor of five, as far as many people are concerned, Nintendo are the casual-kiddy crowd. If a SMT-Fire Emblem crossover and new Monolith Soft RPG won't convince them otherwise, I doubt there's much you or I can say.

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem interests me greatly, though it really isn't enough to sell me a console... yet.

Xenoblade was one of my top 3 games for the entire generation, but is there even a garuntee it will come to North America?

Vote no

The only one in that list that I have even a passing interest in is Resident Evil... and that's not enough to sell me on a console anymore. Sure, I bought the GameCube for the remake of the original Resident Evil (well... that and MGS: Twin Snakes)... but the last bunch of Resident Evil games have been, in my opinion, pretty terrible.

At this point the Resident Evil series is a shambling corpse of its former self.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

To be fair, most of the negativity is based on outdated/false info, so it's just people being a bit ignorant. "Herp derp, the technology is last gen (no it isn't), it's just more motion controll gimmickry (except it has a proper controller with all the buttons we'd normally expect), it's just more Mario and Zelda (except Nintendo is also working on and publishing Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, the new 'X' project, amongst others)..."

You can't realy do a lot to change the mind of people who want to hate Nintendo. It's the 'in' thing right now. It doesn't matter that the Wii U now has more 'hardcore' exclusives than the 360 this year, by around a factor of five, as far as many people are concerned, Nintendo are the casual-kiddy crowd. If a SMT-Fire Emblem crossover and new Monolith Soft RPG won't convince them otherwise, I doubt there's much you or I can say.

I am going to go ahead and disagree with this. I don't see much hate here sure there is some. But 2/3's of the replays have been about how they just don't care. Apathy is not hatred. I don't care about the WiiU or the games on it, that dose not mean that I harbor some deep seeded hatred for Nentendo. No it just means I don't care. Nothing about them engages me. I don't hate them I just could't care less.

The games look good but its hard to tell how they will be when they come out. Also I still don't feel the need to buy a new console, their is still a list of ps2 games I want to get too, never mind 2 generations removed form it. I need a new handheld so I might get a 3ds or Vita soon, but I have no interest in any home counsels right now. I mean I still need to finish rayman origins, then get bayonetta, Xenoblade, the frist two pikmans, and kirbys epic yarn. I have plenty of old games that I want to play and it will be years before I'm looking for a new system.

I might get one if I didn't live in a boarding school

Phlakes:

ResonanceSD:
What big reveal? It's the same lineup of remakes, reboots, rehashes and ressurections as it always is. Nintendo are not even pretending to innovate anymore.

And yet millions of people still enjoy the games.

It's almost like something doesn't have to be completely original to be fun.

Or are those people all just sheep who can't have real opinions?

Keep in mind that a lot of these people who spout such drivel are the same ones who buy CoD every year.

OT: I'm already getting one for ZombiU and New Mario Bros. U. Bayonetta 2 is high on the list as well. Wind Waker HD and whatever Zelda and Metroid thats coming only solidifies the deal.

Jove:
Yeah...no. Most of those games are crap except for the possibility of a few.

Xenoblade 2 (I liked the first)
Bayonetta 2 (Definitely enjoyed the first, yet very sad to see this game being a freaking Wii exclusive)
SMT X Fire Emblem (Keeping an eye on this one. Still not worth a console for but as an old fan of Fire Emblem, they better not screw it up)

The rest are either crap or just so mediocre that it's not even worth the $60 price tag. Lettle alone buying a console for.

-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (eh...)
-Pikmin 3 (this is mostly a very subjective subject since this game is not for everybody. So I'm just going to say that it's not for me)

-Resident Evil Revelations (If you actually think Capcom is going to release a good or even decent Resident Evil game for the first time since Resident Evil 4, I feel sorry for you)
-Injustice Gods Among Us (A Mortal Kombat rip off? Chances are, a poorly done one? No thanks)
-Rayman Legends (Again, mostly subjective but I haven't gave a damn about Rayman since the PS1 version so pass)

Wind Waker HD doesn't count. I'm not going to be pathetic enough to buy an over $300, outed technology console for an HD (seriously how do you make an HD version of this game? The graphics are cartoons for Christ sake) version of Zelda. If I wanted to play Wind Waker, I'll just play on my well kept Gamecube.

Overall, not really impressed at all. The only other interesting game that will give any hope for this console besides the ones I mentioned is the new Super Smash Brothers game. If there was ONE game that could sell a console like the Wii U, it's a new Super Smash Brothers and everybody here knows it. XD

my feelings about it, not to mention all the games coming out in the next year or so will have my wallet by a death grip compared to a slight wii upgrade.

not worth it, i have so many other things i can spend 300+ dollars on for better entertainment value.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked