The Escapist BRAWL Part 1!!!! Select your Characters!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

I'm gonna half to go with...

SweetShark:

Trivun:
I want to add a character from Funcom - April Ryan, from The Longest Journey and its sequel Dreamfall. She's arguably one of the first modern gaming strong female characters, coming onto the scene well before Alyx Vance and whatnot. Pretty, yes, but not sexualised, with a snarky yet friendly personality and being a rather intelligent person (the Gribbler scene in the game aside) all count in her favour.

Indeed an interesting choice.
However I need to know the recent publisher that have the copyrights of this game.

And that would be Funcom. They were the developers and publishers of the game, and maintain the copyrights as well (indeed, a new addition to the series is currently in development - The Longest Journey was 1999, Dreamfall was 2006, and Dreamfall Chapters is the next one now being worked on following Funcom's finished development on The Secret World, their recent MMO).

EDIT: I tell a lie, turns out the first game was published by Funcom but Dreamfall was published by Aspyr Media, Micro Application, and Empire Interactive. The currently in development game, Dreamfall Chapters, isn't going to be developed by Funcom either, but rather vy Red Thread Studios, a new company staffed by former Funcom employees and founded by the guy who came up with the original game, Ragnar Tornquist. They'll be self-publishing the title.

I'm not sure how to put images in my posts, but here goes nothing!

Raziel from Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver. Such a badass character!

marcogodinho:
I'm not sure how to put images in my posts, but here goes nothing!
[ima ge]http://img .unab.us/2012/11/raziel.jpg[/image]

Raziel from Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver. Such a badass character!

I am really sorry for saying this, but Raziel is now property of Square Enix and right now it is full.
Please select other character.

SweetShark:

I am really sorry for saying this, but Raziel is now property of Square Enix and right now it is full.
Please select other character.

Ah! Was unaware of that!Thanks for the heads-up! In that case i'll pick...

Mister James Sunderland from Silent Hill 2 :)

SH is still a Konami brand, right?

Somebody should pick Tyrael from Diablo to round out Blizzard's final roster.

marcogodinho:
SH is still a Konami brand, right?

Hahaha, yes, they still own the copyrights of this series XD

Arcanist:

Actually the maximum for every publisher is 5 characters.

SweetShark:

Arcanist:

Actually the maximum for every publisher is 5 characters.

Well, Blizzard only really has the three main franchises to draw from(Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo). I suppose you could go back to The Lost Vikings if you really wanted to, though...

What we need is a warrior. A slayer of gods. A man who has journeyed to the depths of hell itself. One who has seen and killed things no mortal should see. One who will stop at nothing, destroying himself it it means giving himself an edge. We need a vicious devil hiding behind the mask of a child.

Eomega123:

I was waiting for someone to post him. Also, what publisher does he go under?

Eomega123:
What we need is a warrior. A slayer of gods. A man who has journeyed to the depths of hell itself. One who has seen and killed things no mortal should see. One who will stop at nothing, destroying himself it it means giving himself an edge. We need a vicious devil hiding behind the mask of a child.

Oh boy, for sure Isaac would play like Phoenix Wright in MVC3. Isaac will searching for items to get random abilities and transform while you play. SO COOL!!!!

deathbydeath:

Eomega123:

f*ck!. Indeed, it doesn't have a publisher.

deathbydeath:

Eomega123:

Also, what publisher does he go under?

I'm not sure since he's independent. He was distributed by Valve, but he's really a Edmund McMillen game. But he definitely needs to be part of this, maybe claiming new abilities from those he slays.

SweetShark:

deathbydeath:

Eomega123:

Maybe add a 'independently published' group?

iwinatlife:
Solair of Astora! From Software! image

I Approve of this

(check my profile pic)

Praise the sun!

Officer Chunk from Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Activision

Nothing gets by Officer Chunk.

I think we need more mutated abominations.

I think the Dark Ones were one of the most interesting things in Metro 2033.

Eomega123:

SweetShark:

deathbydeath:

Maybe add a 'independently published' group?

I will put him in a group with this name for now as you said.
I don't think this will be a problem.

This guy

From this game

Striking from nowhere / Killing with accuracy / This is who I am

BlackFlyme:
I think we need more mutated abominations.

I think the Dark Ones were one of the most interesting things in Metro 2033.

Sorry, but I only accept unique characters.

Say what you will about the franchise, I like Soap. The fact that he's a scot is mostly the reaosn why but dammit he's awesome.

ResonanceSD:
This guy

[im g]http://med ia.giantbomb.com/uploads /12/129218/2 335120-2 012_09_18_00006.jpg[/img]

From this game

[ img]http://www.creativeplanetnetwork.com/t he_wire/wp- content/u ploads/2012/06/Borderlands_2_logo.jpg[/img]

Striking from nowhere / Killing with accuracy / This is who I am

Sorry, but Salvator take the Borderlands slot.
Please select other one.

WE HAD REACH 90 CHARACTERS!!!!
STILL 10 CHARACTERS AND WE ARE DONE FOR TODAY!!!!!
[I need to take a break before I start part 2......]

SweetShark:

BlackFlyme:
snip

Fair enough, I suppose I'll just change my vote to Khan, also from Metro 2033 (every other game I own has either been mentioned already or doesn't have many interesting characters :/ ).

An interesting, if strange, character. Though the disparity between the book version and the game version is huge.

BlackFlyme:

SweetShark:

BlackFlyme:
snip

Fair enough, I suppose I'll just change my vote to Khan, also from Metro 2033 (every other game I own has either been mentioned already or doesn't have many interesting characters :/ ).

An interesting, if strange, character. Though the disparity between the book version and the game version is huge.

Last question:
Khan was only in Metro 2033?
I ask because THQ is no more, so I don't know who have the copyrights of this series.

EDIT:
Aaa...what the heck, I will put KHAAAAAAANNNNNNNN in THQ team

SweetShark:

BlackFlyme:

SweetShark:

Last question:
I ask because THQ is no more, so I don't know who have the copyrights of this series.

Yeah, only 2033, he was also meant to appear in the sequel. Though the Metro franchise was recently bought by Koch Media, the company that owns Deep Silver, who made Dead Island. They also bought Volition, IIRC.

captcha: magical realism
What does it mean?

We need to bring up the ranks for Telltale:

BlackFlyme:

SweetShark:

BlackFlyme:

Last question:

Yeah, only 2033, he was also meant to appear in the sequel. Though the Metro franchise was recently bought by Koch Media, the company that owns Deep Silver, who made Dead Island. They also bought Volition, IIRC.

captcha: magical realism
What does it mean?

A! Ok then. KOCH MEDIA then is.

SweetShark:
WE HAD REACH 90 CHARACTERS!!!!
STILL 10 CHARACTERS AND WE ARE DONE FOR TODAY!!!!!
[I need to take a break before I start part 2......]

Corvo Attano, epic mega-assassin (better title than the one he has)

From Arkane Studios' Dishonored

Already made a submission of my own but if anyone is needing inspiration I'm thinking the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings franchises seriously need some representation. Plenty of amazing characters in both those series.

So someone get to it!

Hagi:
Already made a submission of my own but if anyone is needing inspiration I'm thinking the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings franchises seriously need some representation. Plenty of amazing characters in both those series.

So someone get to it!

The Star Wars slot is already taken by this guy:

SweetShark:

Hagi:

So someone get to it!

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/6d690bcb51f157689f6a9e1c58ae0b42/l.jpg

Ah, right. Cool. Shame there's no lightsabers though.

Then again, that just increased the chances of Liberty Prime wiping the floor with him. Probability of mission hindrance: 0%.

Hagi:

SweetShark:

Hagi:

So someone get to it!

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/6d690bcb51f157689f6a9e1c58ae0b42/l.jpg

Ah, right. Cool. Shame there's no lightsabers though.

Then again, that just increased the chances of Liberty Prime wiping the floor with him. Probability of mission hindrance: 0%.

For that reason I want to get to the next part.
You will see what I mean.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked