The Escapist BRAWL Part 1!!!! Select your Characters!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

The greatest Hero to ever walk the planet

Jakiro from Dota2

2fish:

Nothing gets by Officer Chunk.

Best suggestion on this thread so far! XD

marcogodinho:

2fish:

Best suggestion on this thread so far! XD

Then I guessed right for putting also his brother for help. Or the brother is also useless as well?

2fish:

I now have a mental image of the PC entering the Camarilla headquarters, armed to the teeth with modern weaponry and magical blades, undead malice glinting in their eyes... They stomp up to the security desk, with Officer Chunk sitting behind it.

"I'm, uhh, sorry, but the big guy says he's not interested in seeing you any more. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

There is a long, lingering pause, and then the PC turns on their heel and stomps back out into the rain, walking up to the taxi driver in his cab.

"Did Officer Chunk tell you you couldn't go in?"
"Yeah..."
"Shame. Ah well, happens to the best of us."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFROM THE MARVEL CORNER, REPRESENTING ACTIVISION, THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE WEB-HEAD HIMSELF;

THE AMAZING, THE ULTIMATE, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

DING DING DING!

Geo Da Sponge:

2fish:

I now have a mental image of the PC entering the Camarilla headquarters, armed to the teeth with modern weaponry and magical blades, undead malice glinting in their eyes... They stomp up to the security desk, with Officer Chunk sitting behind it.

"I'm, uhh, sorry, but the big guy says he's not interested in seeing you any more. I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

There is a long, lingering pause, and then the PC turns on their heel and stomps back out into the rain, walking up to the taxi driver in his cab.

"Yeah..."

I think I slowly get the picture for this guy.....
[never played the game, so I don't know]

Since a lot of good ones are taken:
Name: Jin Kisaragi
Franchise: BlazBlue
Publisher: Arc Systems Works

My pick is Diablo 3 barbarian named Kehr(according to the short stories that's his name in the game).

Franchise: Diablo
Publisher: Blizzard

PS: Is he good enough or do I have to pick a character with a legit name. In game he is not known as Kehr however.

MrGalactus:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFROM THE MARVEL CORNER, REPRESENTING ACTIVISION, THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE WEB-HEAD HIMSELF;

THE AMAZING, THE ULTIMATE, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
[im g]http://talkingcomicbooks.com/wp-co ntent/uploads/2 011/11/Avenging-Spider-Man_1-674x1024-e1320885164397.jpg[/img]

CCCCCCCCCOMING IN FROM THE DC CORNER, WEIGHING IN WITH WARNER BROS./EIDOS INTERACTIVE, THE MASTER OF IMAGINATION, THE GREEN MACHINE, THE SKILLFUL WILLFUL, THE DIRECT ARCHITECT WHO YOU GOTTA RESPECT COME TO PROTECT INSPECTAH DECK,

GREEN LANTER JOHN STEWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

DING DING DING!

Thor and Batman had taken these spots already.

SweetShark:

MrGalactus:

[im g]http://talkingcomicbooks.com/wp-co ntent/uploads/2 011/11/Avenging-Spider-Man_1-674x1024-e1320885164397.jpg[/img]

CCCCCCCCCOMING IN FROM THE DC CORNER, WEIGHING IN WITH WARNER BROS./EIDOS INTERACTIVE, THE MASTER OF IMAGINATION, THE GREEN MACHINE, THE SKILLFUL WILLFUL, THE DIRECT ARCHITECT WHO YOU GOTTA RESPECT COME TO PROTECT INSPECTAH DECK,

DING DING DING!

Activision and Warner both still have spots.....?

If we're going with 'independently published' as a category, could you move Reimu down there as well? Team Shanghai Alice is literally one guy. Who does everything. Writing, artwork, music, code and publishing.

Touhou is also the only thing TSA ever put out, so it doesn't seem fair.

MrGalactus:

SweetShark:

MrGalactus:

DING DING DING!

Indeed, but I allow only ONE character per franchise.
And because I know nearly all the heroes live in the same universes

, I can't put a new character in them.

SweetShark:

Geo Da Sponge:

2fish:

"Yeah..."

Well he's basically your standard low level, incompetent, doughnut eating rent-a-cop who the (vampire) PC meets on multiple occasions. First when you're breaking into an art gallery and pretty much any number of low level charm/intimidation/mind control powers will allow you to get past him, and later on when it turns who he's been hired as a security guard by the Camarilla (basically the vampire mafia who you spend most of the game working for). The last time you see him is when you're entering the Camarilla headquarters at the end of the game to tear the place down, and he bravely yet foolishly tries to oppose you at the point in the game where you can probably kill entire SWAT teams with your mind.

Basically the first time you meet him you can use vampiric mind powers to literally tell him his life is a joke, and things only go downhill for him from there.

leet_x1337:
If we're going with 'independently published' as a category, could you move Reimu down there as well? Team Shanghai Alice is literally one guy. Who does everything. Writing, artwork, music, code and publishing.

Really?
All these games he created and becoming one of the most popular thing in Japan......was a work of one guy?

SweetShark:

leet_x1337:

Really?
All these games he created and becoming one of the most popular thing in Japan......was a work of one guy?

Indeed.

This is Team Shanghai Alice. Though, normally when talking about the person rather than the "company", he uses the name 'ZUN'. And yes, this one guy was responsible for probably the most popular doujin-anything in Japan.

Which also inspired its own doujinshi.

SweetShark:

MrGalactus:

SweetShark:

And because I know nearly all the heroes live in the same universes

, I can't put a new character in them.

Spider-Man is a different franchise to Thor, same as GL is a different franchise to Batman. If you mean game franchise, John Stewart was in Injustice for All, and Spidey has had looooooooads of his own games...
The rules are confusing.

Fine, I choose FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THE 2000AD CORNER, REPRESENTING EITHER ACCLAIM, MIDWAY, OR SIERRA PUBLISHING, THE LAW HIMSELF;

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD!

Geo Da Sponge:

SweetShark:

Geo Da Sponge:

"Yeah..."

Well he's basically your standard low level, incompetent, doughnut eating rent-a-cop who the (vampire) PC meets on multiple occasions. First when you're breaking into an art gallery and pretty much any number of low level charm/intimidation/mind control powers will allow you to get past him, and later on when it turns who he's been hired as a security guard by the Camarilla (basically the vampire mafia who you spend most of the game working for). The last time you see him is when you're entering the Camarilla headquarters at the end of the game to tear the place down, and he bravely yet foolishly tries to oppose you at the point in the game where you can probably kill entire SWAT teams with your mind.

Basically the first time you meet him you can use vampiric mind powers to literally tell him his life is a joke, and things only go downhill for him from there.

Sooooooooo...he is the first joke character of the roster I guess?
What about a brother he have as I read somewhere?

Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs and Dovakin from Skyrim

MrGalactus:

Activision and Warner both still have spots.....?[/quote]

And because I know nearly all the heroes live in the same universes [Marvel and DC], I can't put a new character in them.[/quote]
Spider-Man is a different franchise to Thor, same as GL is a different franchise to Batman. If you mean game franchise, John Stewart was in Injustice for All, and Spidey has had looooooooads of his own games...
The rules are confusing.

Fine, I choose FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM THE 2000AD CORNER, REPRESENTING EITHER ACCLAIM, MIDWAY, OR SIERRA PUBLISHING, THE LAW HIMSELF;

JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGE DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDD!
[im g]htt p://3.bp .blogspot.com/-5Tjl_Nvj82E/T-X1gpf_vqI/AAAAAAAAAMo/4LLeXbIgQ00/s1600/Judge_Dredd_2.jpg[/img][/quote]

Well, I guess I can put him in Activision Team because Sierra is part of it now....I think.

Darren716:

There can be only one. And it'll have to be somebody else. Alduin is filling the Elder Scrolls slot, and Square Enix's team is full.

You also need pictures.

SweetShark:

Geo Da Sponge:

SweetShark:

Sooooooooo...he is the first joke character of the roster I guess?
What about a brother he have as I read somewhere?

Huh... I never knew about Chunk's twin brother before. Apparently he only appears if you kill Chunk the first time you meet him. I suppose his twin brother is the same but just a little bit less chatty, since apparently they fulfill the same basic role. Unless it turns out that really it's the same guy back from the dead and with some dread purpose filling him with eternal vigour while he sits behind that little security desk...

I wouldn't put it past Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines. It's that kind of game. Don't ask too many questions about the cab driver, for instance.

SweetShark:

Well, I guess I can put him in Activision Team because Sierra is part of it now....I think.

WOOOOOOOO! THE DREDD MAN!

Darren716:

Please read the rules, then select a character.

So, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter was published by Acclaim, which is now Konami (or is it?)

But!

The Turok game from 2008 was published by Disney's Touchstone Interactive in North America... So I'm not really sure who the IP belongs to now. I'm sure the Power Ranger and the Kingdom Hearts team would appreciate a ranged fighter in their team ;)

If my calculations are correct, there are 96 (Edit: Turok makes 97) entries at this point. Let's do a little recap of who's in the fight:
-Two giant robots (and one less giant one)
-Two giant dragons
-At least three god-slayers, if Satan counts as a god
-Some master assassins
-The luckiest pirate in the multiverse
-Not Sonic the Hedgehog, since he was blocked by a manga character
-Some gun-crazed lunatics
-Some slightly less gun-crazed, government-sanctioned lunatics (in the army)
-A zombie with a gun that would make Serious Sam jealous
-A sociopathic supercomputer
-And an ordinary beat cop.

Betting is open. Beat the rush.

Sewa_Yunga:

So, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter was published by Acclaim, which is now Konami (or is it?)

But!

The Turok game from 2008 was published by Disney's Touchstone Interactive in North America... So I'm not really sure who the IP belongs to now. I'm sure the Power Ranger and the Kingdom Hearts team would appreciate a ranged fighter in their team ;)

I think we find now a reason to have Tal'Set Fireseed in the game.

We need more for Lucasarts. Someone say Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango or Crypto from Destroy All Humans! or Mattias Nilsson from Mercenaries or that fella I forget the name of from Monkey Island.

EDIT: Also, there are still spaces for Microsoft...SOMEONE PICK THE AGENCY DIRECTOR FROM CRACKDOWN!!
How can you not love a guy who says "Nice climbing, Agent,! It's rare for anyone to reach elevations of this magnitude, impressive!" while you're staring at the floor in an underground dumpster.

leet_x1337:
If my calculations are correct, there are 96 (Edit: Turok makes 97) entries at this point. Let's do a little recap of who's in the fight:
-Two giant dragons
-Some master assassins

Do you mean Zombie Santa?

Also ONLY 3 CHARACTERS TO BE SELECTED?
fffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF*********************************CCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Also I think I counted 98 characters?
Am I right or wrong?

SweetShark:

leet_x1337:
-Two giant dragons
-Some master assassins

Oh yeah, I forgot that he was also Santa. And his naughty/nice list policies would make Robot Santa from Futurama say 'Wow, that guy is evil.

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't notice the Barbarian from Diablo getting in. Post no.?

I.....need......sleep.......please, we must.......end..........................this thread....

We still need only 2 characters.......

[quote snip[/quote]

leet_x1337:

SweetShark:

leet_x1337:
-Two giant dragons
-Some master assassins

Oh yeah, I forgot that he was also Santa. And his naughty/nice list policies would make Robot Santa from Futurama say 'Wow, that guy is evil.

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't notice the Barbarian from Diablo getting in. Post no.?

Post number 288. I had to reedit because Illidan took Warcraft slot and I posted Grom Hellscream.

I sent private message to Sweetshark telling him I edited that post.

SweetShark:
I.....need......sleep.......please, we must.......end..........................this thread....

Ahem...I direct your attention to my post 5 comments up.
You know you want to end this.
Do it.

BTW, are these going to be death matches or is it going to be like the World Martial Arts Tournament from Dragon Ball?

MrGalactus:

SweetShark:

Ahem...I direct your attention to my post 5 comments up.
You know you want to end this.
Do it.

NOPEpony.gif

We are so close. I won't break my rules NOW!!!!
I HAVE THIS!!!! I HAVE THISSSSSSSSS!!!

Motoko Kusanagi - from Ghost in The Shell

Multiple publishers... hmmm, for this case it'll be Atari.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked