Create a hostile faction in a modern fps

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Treblaine:

But you are the one who actually said it, you were categorical that there was not a game of that where you kill anyone other than "brown people". I mean, what the hell dude? Why the hell are you making demands of things you know next to noting about? Some questions aren't just questions, they are accusations by implication.

No I didn't I said that it is a common occurrence that the killing minorities in modern fps (I confess I might have misused the word "generally") , not that there wasn't any game out there where you did anything else. And it wasn't a demand such much as a question (unless you count the title in which case I'm so terrible sorry for making demands of you), and who would I've accused.

HannesPascal:

Treblaine:

But you are the one who actually said it, you were categorical that there was not a game of that where you kill anyone other than "brown people". I mean, what the hell dude? Why the hell are you making demands of things you know next to noting about? Some questions aren't just questions, they are accusations by implication.

No I didn't I said that it is a common occurrence that the killing minorities in modern fps (I confess I might have misused the word "generally") , not that there wasn't any game out there where you did anything else. And it wasn't a demand such much as a question (unless you count the title in which case I'm so terrible sorry for making demands of you), and who would I've accused.

you said

So my question to you is:
Can you make up some enemy in a modern fps that isn't brown skinned, russian or something else that would count as a minority in the western world.

You didn't say give an example of one. You demanded to "make one up" implying there hadn't been any already.

Don't play dumb with me, a question can be as an assured way of making an accusation "have you stopped beating my wife"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

You're pretty much accusing everyone who plays FPS games and everyone to do with them of being part of some racist conspiracy, concocting the scenario where you'd have to - right now - "make up" a scenario of non-russian and white antagonists. I find that insulting how much it belittles and obfuscates a serious issue.

Zombie dinosaurs from space. If the world can't unite against THAT, then peace is truly unattainable. I had a similar idea involving unicorns, but that would have just been far-fetched.

American obsession with extreme right has finally gotten out of hand and they are starting a war for resources disregarding international treaties.
you are a blue-helmet (United nation forces) soldier (makes you be able to be of ANY natinality as long as they belong to UN, and only countries like north korea doesnt), who gets cauht into the whirpool of this war, while being dislocated in africa.
In this scenario, you a re helping the africans to defend agasint americans, as per UN orders. it ends up with you playin vita part in repelling american invasion.

here i jut made a realistic modern day shooter scenario where white guys are the bad guys. on a
whim. in 2 minutes. Is that really so hard?

Treblaine:

You didn't say give an example of one. You demanded to "make one up" implying there hadn't been any already.

Don't play dumb with me, a question can be as an assured way of making an accusation "have you stopped beating my wife"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

You're pretty much accusing everyone who plays FPS games and everyone to do with them of being part of some racist conspiracy, concocting the scenario where you'd have to - right now - "make up" a scenario of non-russian and white antagonists. I find that insulting how much it belittles and obfuscates a serious issue.

I havent read the whoel discussion, but.....
I dont see your point. To make up a scenario means to create a fictional scenario that you do not know to be a reality. the scenario i just posted above fits the bill of it. in no way that implies no such scenario has been made up before. maybe it has, i dont know. in fact you are the one implying there can be only one such scenario, which would put you closer to being racist than he is.
also, noone cares if you find it insulting. finding something insulting has 0 meaning. its an useless statement.

Wouldn't count as a minority in the western world...

So they'd be white Americans?

Have you ever read Scarecrow? If you haven't and you like action movies, go read it, it's about a recon marine with super-reflexes, who's got an $18.6 million bounty on his head, a bodyguard who some mysterious employer is paying to keep him alive WITHOUT restricting him, and scant time to figure out why he's on the list, who made the list, what they're trying to do, and how to stop them.

He proceeds to do all kinds of crazy stuff, like Tony Hawks style grinding a car along a rail to dodge a truck and blow up a helicopter, and chasing an ICBM in an experimental NASA aircraft while hacking the warhead to stop it blowing up.

Anyway, since he's got that bounty on him, he's up against all sorts of mercenaries, plenty of which aren't minorities in the western world.

The spanish inquisition.

Why? Because nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Their main weapons would be surprise attacks with flamerthrowers, swords and comfy chairs.

They could be used in a wolfenstein style castle part where the main character is caught, after killing the usual 10 bazillion terrorists (preparing you for the surprise), and tortured before making an escape.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here