Had any encounters with unfair gameplay?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I ask this because yesterday I was playing.....

And some asshat joins in my game right when I'm off to fight the gaping dragon. This is pretty early into the game so you could guess already that I don't have any awesome gear yet. Anyway, I'm on my merry way, the message saying a dark phantom has joined your game pops up and I see this strange red phantom, all the while thinking to myself "well I'm fucked".

So obviously this player is a prick just preying on lower level characters for easy rewards or just for "The lulz" (Kind of contradictory to the point of Dark souls being a challenging game right?) I say this because I try swinging at him only to hit for ONE damage (he isn't blocking or anything by the way), then I get swiftly cut down in three hits because of his frickin lightning spear being able to kill me easily despite blocking his attacks.

All in all this just pisses me off how people can swap godlike gear over to low level characters then proceed to kill new and underpowered players who have ZERO chance to fight back.

Anyone else had this kind of unfair treatment in any other games? Share your experiences and just have a good old vent. (I know I have)

Dude, alt-F4 if you notice they have godlike swag loot xXxXXx handstand backflip MLG gear. It loses you no progress or souls, unless they changed it for the PC version. You could instantly return to Dashboard on the 360 version and you're standing in the exact spot you left on so I guess it works the same way.

OT: UMVC3 Hulk + Sentinel + lag = INEVITABLE LOSS. I can honestly say the guy is a 1st Lord purely through a lag and Hulk combo. I can deal with the LOL HEAVY SPAM with a stable connection because Vergil, but when the game drops my combos for me he just kills me with the heavy spam.

My team is decent against three hits of super armour as well. Morrigan gives no shits with her jumping S, standing heavy, spam crouching lights and so on but i'm the only guy still playing rushdown Morrigan so the joke's on me. X-23 just gets dunked because the only 3 hits she has is her straight dash and you need to jump attack because Sentinel drones. Vergil counters Hulk if you just keep calm and pushblock everything with a stable connection but no jk lag OP.

Yes my team has fuck all synergy. No I don't give a fuck.

Oh and my controller's batteries just died when I was (maybe) going to make the hilarious Vergil comeback the very next game...

Vergil is so broken it's funny.

Zangetsu. WUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

It seems to be a regular thing in a lot of team games where there are about 4 players on one team and 8 players on the other. Then two people log off the 4 player team and join the 8 player team to enjoy the ganking.

Bad Jim:
It seems to be a regular thing in a lot of team games where there are about 4 players on one team and 8 players on the other. Then two people log off the 4 player team and join the 8 player team to enjoy the ganking.

I had that on Chivalry medievil warfare a couple days ago. Arena last team standing with 4 vs 8, it was stupid -.-

The Wykydtron:
godlike swag loot xXxXXx handstand backflip MLG gear.

Oh Dan, you never cease to amaze me. XD and yes next time I'll just run away and cry.

I had exactly the same problem when playing Dark Souls. One particularly infuriating example was near the end of the game. I had on light gear, because I neede mobility over defence for a boss fight, and then some guy invades my game, and after he doesn't show up after a few minutes I just head on through the area. After a little bit he just randomly materialises right behind me, stabs me in the back and as soon as I had stood up, he stabs me in the back again, killing me. Then the cunt had the cheek to start doing all the "Is that it?" gestures. I sincerely hope he got absolutely destroyed in his next PvP match.

And while it may not be unfair gameplay exactly, last night I was playing co-op in Borderlands 2 and I turned in a quest and got access to that weapons chest downstairs in the Crimson Raiders HQ. One of my partners was in the room with me when I heard this, and he promptly sprinted downstairs, went into the room, and nicked EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GUN IN THE CHEST! He didn't even stick around to help me afterwards, he just took the guns and went back to his own game.

On the subject of Borderlands 2, I finally get what people were saying about it being too hard. I'm near the end of the game, and for the last few missions, it's been like continuously running headlong into a brick wall that punches you in the bollocks. And to make it worse, grinding is even harder than the story missions. I'm currently in the middle of a side mission that is 6 levels below me, and I'm fighting enemies 5 levels above me. Would you care to explain to me how that makes any degree of fucking sense Gearbox?

Ok, I think I'm alright now, I just had to vent a bit.

Cutscenes which leave you in a bad position (out in the open, equipped with the wrong weapon), which then immediately spawn several enemies right in front of you, giving you no time to react. And of course, you often die the first time around not knowing this. But even knowing what's about to happen, you don't know when control is given back to you, so there's often that small window to react but you're rarely fast enough.

I'm looking at you Max Payne 3.

Look, I can understanding using the cutscene to mask loading the new content, especially when the game focuses too much on graphics and blows the memory budget like MP3 did. But seriously, make it so you focus on the incoming enemies, put them far enough away for some time to react, but leave the player at their original spot.

Better games make the player slow down in a hall instead of blatantly cut to a non-interactive cutscene, and often do the "Press Y to focus" bit, making the player continue traveling down a route a bit before arriving at the combat area, so they're prepared.

I daily complain about how absolutely bonkers ridiculous Darius of League of Legends is. It's very rare that I want a character to be completely removed from the game, but I actually want him gone. If you're in a teamfight, press R for win. If you're in a solo battle, press R for win. If you're in a dangerous situation, press R and you're almost guaranteed to kill someone. And the problem is evident when you consider that even really bad Darius(es) are almost always on a positive score.

MasterOfHisOwnDomain:
I daily complain about how absolutely bonkers ridiculous Darius of League of Legends is. It's very rare that I want a character to be completely removed from the game, but I actually want him gone. If you're in a teamfight, press R for win. If you're in a solo battle, press R for win. If you're in a dangerous situation, press R and you're almost guaranteed to kill someone. And the problem is evident when you consider that even really bad Darius(es) are almost always on a positive score.

DARIUSSCHH! WHY ARE YOU SCHO OP!

Seriously though, Darius is downright ridiculous. What is it 1000 true damage at max level? Fuckin' retarded. I really can't play Darius at all though. I'm not good at playing top in general, I dislike melee last hitting and stuff. Have I ever told you how awesome Jayce is? XD

"POWER SLAM!"

I just prefer to chill in my jungle and do fuck all farm.

Darius OP? Better nerf Diana and Rengar... Again. I think those two are the new Irelia.

I haven't seen Darius around so much recently. I guess because he's so unfun all round and apparently easy to counter. I only play Blind Pick normals though usually with premades so it's impossible to deliberately counter pick a Darius. If I knew who countered Darius anyway. Probably Teemo. Because Teemo is a slut.

The Wykydtron:

I haven't seen Darius around so much recently. I guess because he's so unfun all round and apparently easy to counter. I only play Blind Pick normals though usually with premades so it's impossible to deliberately counter pick a Darius. If I knew who countered Darius anyway. Probably Teemo. Because Teemo is a slut.

Pick ranged people with ze pokes, like Jayce ;)

Jinpachi. Tekken 5. Unbreakable 30 hit combo? Check. Giant screen clearing ultra-fast death meteors? Check. Breaks every other combo in the game with aforementioned meteors? Check. Every attack is a good quarter your life bar? Check.

Yup. Jinpachi was unfair as hell, I beat him with every character and I can say without shame that it took easily 10 attempts per character except for the likes of Hworang, Steve and Lee, with whom you just have to get him in the air once.

WhyBotherToTry:
I had exactly the same problem when playing Dark Souls. One particularly infuriating example was near the end of the game. I had on light gear, because I neede mobility over defence for a boss fight, and then some guy invades my game, and after he doesn't show up after a few minutes I just head on through the area. After a little bit he just randomly materialises right behind me, stabs me in the back and as soon as I had stood up, he stabs me in the back again, killing me. Then the cunt had the cheek to start doing all the "Is that it?" gestures. I sincerely hope he got absolutely destroyed in his next PvP match.

And while it may not be unfair gameplay exactly, last night I was playing co-op in Borderlands 2 and I turned in a quest and got access to that weapons chest downstairs in the Crimson Raiders HQ. One of my partners was in the room with me when I heard this, and he promptly sprinted downstairs, went into the room, and nicked EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GUN IN THE CHEST! He didn't even stick around to help me afterwards, he just took the guns and went back to his own game.

On the subject of Borderlands 2, I finally get what people were saying about it being too hard. I'm near the end of the game, and for the last few missions, it's been like continuously running headlong into a brick wall that punches you in the bollocks. And to make it worse, grinding is even harder than the story missions. I'm currently in the middle of a side mission that is 6 levels below me, and I'm fighting enemies 5 levels above me. Would you care to explain to me how that makes any degree of fucking sense Gearbox?

Ok, I think I'm alright now, I just had to vent a bit.

Borderlands 2 is too hard if you play on your own. I hit a difficulty wall where every mission available is too damn high and everything destroys me, grinding is PAINFULLY SLOW too so I just stopped playing, could not be bothered with it.

Persona 3. Currently going through it now and because of the downright retarded Weakness system, as soon as an enemy gets an attack off that you're vulnerable to, that's it, you're locked out of the game. Your teammates will proceed to jerk off in the corner and contribute precisely DICK to the fight while that same enemy just spams the move you're weak to. Then you die. Then you start again.

Then there's the boss fights, oh fuck, the boss fights...
If you didn't happen to throw someone in your party that happens to have an attack that'll work against the boss, congratulations, time to restart the game and try again with a new loadout. Then, once you do have an attack that'll work the fight it a total cake walk as you repeatedly stomp on the boss' balls until he screams and explodes into black smoke.

Don't get me wrong, love the story and the characters, but the gameplay is shit from the ground up.
Rant over (think I almost broke my fucking keyboard there -_-)

One particular battle in Pokemon left me raging. I think it was on one of the gamecube games, but for this one particular battle every single enemy Pokemon decided to just spam evasion moves. I was raging for a good solid 15 minutes or so until I actually managed to land some hits -_-

Other than that, any game that has insta-kill moves, and where the game is over if your party member dies. Dick move, game.

Why, funny you should ask. I just played through Dead Space 2, beat the whole game on Zealot up until the very final boss, and got gang-banged by those shadow children for twenty minutes before I put it down to hard. I feel so disappointed in myself.

Also not the games fault but I only saved three times because I thought it was a requirement. Turns out that's for Hardcore mode....

SkarKrow:
Jinpachi. Tekken 5. Unbreakable 30 hit combo? Check. Giant screen clearing ultra-fast death meteors? Check. Breaks every other combo in the game with aforementioned meteors? Check. Every attack is a good quarter your life bar? Check.

Yup. Jinpachi was unfair as hell, I beat him with every character and I can say without shame that it took easily 10 attempts per character except for the likes of Hworang, Steve and Lee, with whom you just have to get him in the air once.

I see your one Jinpachi and raise an Azazel. Jinpachi was like Inferno compared to that cheap bastard. He can block in the middle of a combo, or just start his own. I finally had to resort to button mashing to get in enough hits to end him. Which was a shame because I was learning to really use my characters.

Far Cry. At one point I found myself dying over and over again at a checkpoint almost immediately after spawning. It took me a while to realize that an enemy was shooting me with a bazooka. From outside the game's draw distance.

FROM. OUTSIDE. THE. GAME'S. DRAW DISTANCE!

That's all folks

Insta-kill quicktime events in cutscenes. God damn it! I set my controller down for a moment to enjoy the epic cutscene and SUDDENLY I'm expected to participate. One desperate fumble and a dropped controller later and I died because I didn't PRESS X TO NOT DIE.

ThriKreen:
Cutscenes which leave you in a bad position (out in the open, equipped with the wrong weapon), which then immediately spawn several enemies right in front of you, giving you no time to react. And of course, you often die the first time around not knowing this. But even knowing what's about to happen, you don't know when control is given back to you, so there's often that small window to react but you're rarely fast enough.

Look, I can understanding using the cutscene to mask loading the new content, especially when the game focuses too much on graphics and blows the memory budget like MP3 did. But seriously, make it so you focus on the incoming enemies, put them far enough away for some time to react, but leave the player at their original spot.

Better games make the player slow down in a hall instead of blatantly cut to a non-interactive cutscene, and often do the "Press Y to focus" bit, making the player continue traveling down a route a bit before arriving at the combat area, so they're prepared.

Cutscenes that leave you in a bad position?
How does this one rank for you?

Games that are supposed to be played on co-op that lacks scaling on singleplayer. Orcs Must Die 2 is a contender there... Also as the above video, I Wanna Be The Guy is basically a collection of cheap deaths that are sometimes nearly impossible to avert on your first try.

The Wykydtron:

DARIUSSCHH! WHY ARE YOU SCHO OP!

Seriously though, Darius is downright ridiculous. What is it 1000 true damage at max level? Fuckin' retarded. I really can't play Darius at all though. I'm not good at playing top in general, I dislike melee last hitting and stuff. Have I ever told you how awesome Jayce is? XD

I honestly don't think he's overpowered. He's just a badly designed Axe.

Axe's kit is a taunt, a dot, a spin and an instakill ult which can have its cooldown reduced to 6 seconds late game if you buy scepter.

Darius' kit is a pull, a dot, a spin, bonus armor pen, a slow and a high true damage ult which has its cooldown reset if he gets a kill with it.

Now the reason Axe isn't badly designed and Darius is.

Axe is a hero who's built so that he does a lot of AoE damage early game, and can tank team fights by using his taunt. However, he's also reliant on having a lot of enemies attacking him for him to deal a lot of damage. If you're fighting Axe 1 on 1, you'll probably win. However if you fight Axe with all your minions hitting him while he's in melee range with you, you'll probably lose. This means that he's not really the best brawler in the game as people can simply choose when they want to fight him, but is able to initiate teamfights and a good person to have soak up all of the stuns so your teammates can kill the enemy team. His ult isn't much of a threat early game, considering the cooldown on it.

Darius on the other hand is kind of the opposite. He's less reliant on being the target of everyone on the enemy team, and is instead simply there to punish mistakes. If you get pulled then he's going to deal a lot of damage, however.. He requires you to get pulled. Letting Darius make the mistakes is the way to beat him. Having high awareness and not letting him choose when to fight is the way to beat him.

Darius is just a hit and miss champion. He either does really well or really bad depending on who he's against. I said above that he's reliant on being able to grab people. Well, this is sometimes impossible to avoid depending on who you're playing.

In terms of their ultimates, I can't say for this patch since from what I've heard, they changed it so you can no longer flash away from it. But Darius' ultimate is worthless if you get creative and simply make him not deal enough damage to finish you. There are more ways to do this than you might think..

OT: Choose an arcade game... I don't really need to explain why pretty much most of those are just flat out unfair gameplay. House of the Dead 4 was a real big one for me. Most of the bosses in that game (especially while you're in the arcade) are just impossible to NOT take damage from. Shake my gun? Well unless I throw it into a bucket of vibrators I don't think I'm able to shake it hard enough.

Yopaz:

ThriKreen:

Cutscenes that leave you in a bad position?
How does this one rank for you?

Games that are supposed to be played on co-op that lacks scaling on singleplayer. Orcs Must Die 2 is a contender there... Also as the above video, I Wanna Be The Guy is basically a collection of cheap deaths that are sometimes nearly impossible to avert on your first try.

I saw it once more, fuck that game.

OT: AVP, solo xeno vs multiple preds or marines. GG, I'm out.

Pretty much all of Dark Souls... It doesn't know how to do difficulty properly. Bayonetta on Climax difficulty is hard, not this overrated piece of shit.

Speaking of Bayo, after most cutscenes the enemy that was the main attraction instantly attacks you and you have 0.00005s to dodge. It's unfair the first few times but once you get the hang of it you feel like the best gamer in the entire world.

MasterOfHisOwnDomain:

Absolute Lies. Darius is rather strong, but get a solid Melee (Wukong) and you can counter him by making him waste his ult on your clone. I know. I've done it many many times. Hell, even Kha'Zix can mop the floor with Darius. It's insanely easy to just rape a Darius. I took one down with a Sona support and a WW jungler, both on me, and i still whooped his ass with Wukong. I even survived and picked up a double on the WW because he ulted my clone under the turret just before Darius did. Just play smart and make him push his ult early. Its easy to do. I'll take a few melee hits, let him ult me, then turn around and just destroy him. If a Darius wastes his ult, he's USELESS afterwards

ScruffyMcBalls:
Persona 3. Currently going through it now and because of the downright retarded Weakness system, as soon as an enemy gets an attack off that you're vulnerable to, that's it, you're locked out of the game. Your teammates will proceed to jerk off in the corner and contribute precisely DICK to the fight while that same enemy just spams the move you're weak to. Then you die. Then you start again.

Then there's the boss fights, oh fuck, the boss fights...
If you didn't happen to throw someone in your party that happens to have an attack that'll work against the boss, congratulations, time to restart the game and try again with a new loadout. Then, once you do have an attack that'll work the fight it a total cake walk as you repeatedly stomp on the boss' balls until he screams and explodes into black smoke.

Don't get me wrong, love the story and the characters, but the gameplay is shit from the ground up.
Rant over (think I almost broke my fucking keyboard there -_-)

Haha, yeah, Shin Megami Tensei gameplay is harsh. If you start out losing, you keep losing. Persona 4 is a lot nicer though, what with being able to control your team mates and everything, plus being able to attack even if you get knocked down. Mudo/Hama skills are ridiculous though, controller smashingly aggravating until you get a couple of Homonuculus's, at which point they become trivially easy.
I assume you were referring to the Jotun of Grief? Unless you used a walkthrough, I don't think that anyone managed to beat that boss first time around. Atlus were just trolling you.

lRookiel:
Beep.

That would be a result of the Bottomless Box Glitch. It was a glitch that exploited the fact that they forgot to flush the cache during character creation. It allowed you to transfer everything in A's box into B's box. However, that glitch has since been fixed, with the release of Artorias of the Abyss. Nevertheless, that is an extremely irritating situation. The one time I was ever online in Dark Souls(I not only have a bad internet connection, I prefer the solo experience), some asshat invaded me and proceeded to spam Wrath of God until I'd been pushed off a cliff. Unfortunately for me, I've never really done PvP in Dark Souls due to my offline play, so I wasn't aware of how to counter that.

My last encounter with something unfair was during Feros in Mass Effect. Hopped into the Mako and it snapped to a spot it was never on, flipped upside down and after 10 seconds, Shepard and friends suddenly died. Just out of nowhere. 41 minutes of progress on Insanity while dealing with the fuckboat of bugs this game has been throwing at me was then lost. And then I told Mass Effect "I have found exactly one fuck. It is my gift to you." Then I managed to kick Feros in the ass only so that I could get stuck at the permanent loading screen.

Lots of rage was let loose that day.

I have come across this in the burnout games.

During the race, I can over take the computer easily, but he manages to stay close to me in a slow car.

Even worse, if he slams into a wall, in like 10 seconds he will catch back up and over take, even if hes in a Ford Focus, and I'm in a Pagani Zonda.

It's ridiculous.

I also had a similar experience in Dark Souls where I had just killed the Taurus Demon so I'm in around the first hour of this character and some ass invades with fully upgraded lightning weapons and pretty much 2 hits me through my shield. Another time a guy lag backstabbed me (on my screen he was directly in front of me) and then in his backstab animation he kicks me off a cliff, instantly killing me. Most of the time I just play Dark Souls in zombie mode because I simply cannot be fucked dealing with that sort of bullshit.

EHKOS:
Why, funny you should ask. I just played through Dead Space 2, beat the whole game on Zealot up until the very final boss, and got gang-banged by those shadow children for twenty minutes before I put it down to hard. I feel so disappointed in myself.

Also not the games fault but I only saved three times because I thought it was a requirement. Turns out that's for Hardcore mode....

Ooooh, I beat Dead Space 2 on Hardcore (with only three save limit). Foam finger of DEATH baby! But it sure was a chore getting through Hardcore. Really ups the tension. Still, if you want to have another go on the higher difficulties, I suggest upgrading the pulse rifle and saving ammo for it. On the final boss fight--where you got murdered--switch to the pulse rifle and just unload. The clip is huge, so you'll be able to keep those kids back and do some nice damage to the actual boss.

I recently started X-COM (yes, I know all the complaints about this game) on Impossible. I stomped it on normal and classic, so I figured Impossible wouldn't be too much harder. Wrong. The aliens NEVER MISS. If they're on overwatch and I'm dashing, I still get hit. Never mind if they're just lining up a shot on their turn. Every other hit is a critical, unless I'm hunkered down, and I swear their movement range has increased. Throw in the fact that my characters can't hit anything anymore, even though the stats are the same, and now I know how the game must have felt when I was beating it into the ground. No chance.

As for actual unfair cheating, I played a match of Modern Warfare 2 once where a player had managed to glitch into the ground on Derailed and was just capping everyone. I watched the area where people died, and I watched my own kill cam, and I knew the exact spot where he was, but you could not see him and you could not hit him. He, however, could kill you no problem.

Oh yeah! I watched my brother fight Alpha 152 on Dead or Alive 4. That's some straight up glitching moves right there.

Spore (remember that?). I straight up gave up on that game once I got to the space stage. It seemed that when you got there, any concept of fairness was thrown out of the window. It was possible for the other hostile empires to appear right at your home planet and attack you cities with their fleets, whereas even bringing your ship within visual distance of even their most distant colony (of which they would have loads) saw you bombarded instantly. Oh, and it was seemingly impossible to ever actually expand your empire as every other race you met demanded payment from you or else they would just attack you, because it's not like you were going to use that money for terraforming anyway right? Stupid game....

The Wykydtron:

OT: UMVC3 Hulk + Sentinel + lag = INEVITABLE LOSS. I can honestly say the guy is a 1st Lord purely through a lag and Hulk combo. I can deal with the LOL HEAVY SPAM with a stable connection because Vergil, but when the game drops my combos for me he just kills me with the heavy spam.

I think you can shorten that to lag = unfair gameplay on everyone if it happens to you hell I have played games where I have been unable to react to anything simply because they are no longer doing what I am seeing or even where I am seeing, I have recently been playing Anarchy Reigns online which I love but I have had to stop simply because it is impossible most of the people I am facing are able to pull off their charged heavy weapon kill attack on me before I can pull off an ordinary weak short attack the lag is so bad. I believe much of the blame is on my crap internet provider but yeah its pretty unfair when they have free reign over you because you cannot react to anything.

Offline unfair gameplay well usually its fighting game bosses almost all of them are cheap and broken as hell often breaking established rules just to fuck you over for lolz or something I dont know. I suppose its to offer a challenge but all it does is just make you discover a strategy to defeat that one cheap ass character rather than get better as a whole oh and piss you off ofc.

I always remember this encounter from the original crysis on delta difficulty.

I, the badass delta force soldier with nanosuit vs random korean grunt.

I -
am prone
armed with the SCAR, with attached laser pointer and fully zoomed in sniper scope (said NK, standing up, fits in the scope)
firing in single-shot for extra accuracy.
firing in strength mode for extra recoil compensation (and accuracy)

He -
is standing
using the bog standard AKA 47 with no attachments
firing from the hip on full auto.

Geuss who's landing more hits?

I have nearly become fed up with all of the PVP in Dark Souls just because of quick rolls and backstabbing. I enjoy being a caster in pretty much every game, but casting is useless against anyone with under 1/2 weight because they can roll out of the way of anything. So I try to counter that with melee fighting, and get greeted with nothing but weapons the size of a motorcycle and getting back stabbed while 5 feet away and facing them. Also love that they gave nothing useful for PVP to pyromancy past lvl 40.

lRookiel:

All in all this just pisses me off how people can swap godlike gear over to low level characters then proceed to kill new and underpowered players who have ZERO chance to fight back.

While there used to be a bug where you could transfer everything to a new character that was patched. Also if you know how to parry and backstab you can beat the entire game at level 1. There is also a ton of really powerful gear that you can find fairly early on. A couple of other points that you should probably know. You can attack with spears and thrusting weapons with your shield up and lightning weapons go right through shields so blocking is rather useless.

Also you can only invade or join another person who is close to your level. The higher the level you are the larger the difference can be. The only exception is with the forest hunter covenant. Oh yeah and the lightning spear is actually a fairly crappy weapon.

Hmm. Games with unfair gameplay, huh? Several spring to mind. Both new and old. However, the one I've had to deal with recently occurred on the Xbox 360. Namely, from Perfect Dark (HD port):

* The bots can run almost twice as fast as any player when not on screen. [for example, I was back-pedaling while shooting at a Hard-sim. The bot was at least 50 feet away. I turned around to see where I was going (and to look for the ammo crate location nearby) and within a fraction of a second the bot was on my ass, melee'ing me.]

* If a bot places a laptop gun in sentry mode, you can almost never pass by it's line of sight without getting shot. However, no matter where you put yours, there's a decent probability that any given bot can just waltz right by it unscathed.

* If your at a location and have allied bots protecting you (like, say, if you're hacking the terminal), if an enemy bot shows up the enemy will have perfect aim on you and your allied bots. However, your bots will miss a vast majority of theirs. Every time. Yet, if you set them to any non-protective mode their aim goes back to normal.

* In any given match that includes bots set to the higher difficulties, there's a fairly decent chance that, even if the item isn't in the spawn roster, some or all of the bots will have shields at some point.

* The bots will often take several head-shots to down. As if they simply shrug off the hit. Whereas the players will go down from a single hit to the head from almost any weapon.

Seriously, I recall the higher-difficulty bots being ludicrously broken on the original Nintendo 64 version of the game, but damn....4J somehow made them worse!

MasterOfHisOwnDomain:

That's why you play kayle :D

In Natural Selection 2 when the alien team can Onos rush with Gorge bilebombing the power... the only way to not let that happen is to completely stomp the alien team early (which makes the match an unfun cakewalk) or become a turtling marine team which means in most circumstances you'll be losing soon anyway.

The problem is the Onos is just a straight up upgrade to the other alien units. The only thing it can't do better is evade bullets and fly, but it doesn't need to. The marines have no such upgrade + unmatched attack power. Exos? Exos are fucking paper mache.

One Onos takes a coordinated marine team of at least 3-4 to take down. The entire alien team can go Onos at once.

Vigormortis:
Snip

Battlefield 3. EVERYONE IS BETTER THAN ME AND IT PISSES ME OFF! IT'S SO UNFAIR! I know for a fact that if I paced myself and played for a bit over the next few weeks, I'd get better, but who has time?

As a legitimate complaint: I'm not sure. I was going to say Lollipop Chainsaw's mini games, but they're not so much unfair rather than just frustrating.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked