so, Smash Bros Wii U

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Since Nintendo have confirmed that a new Smash Bros will be on show at E3 this year, I've been wondering what changes could be implemented, as in new characters or franchises that could be thrown into the smash bros universe and new features.

I'd personally like to see a story mode make a return from Brawl, as well as the good old Arcade mode, I thoroughly enjoyed both of those in Melee and Brawl.

As for characters, I'm personally hoping to see a couple of Capcom's sneak into the arena, hopefully Mega Man and Viewtiful Joe will get some love, though neither are very likely.
Isa from Sin & Punishmment: Successor of the Skies would make a great addition, as would Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles.

I'd also like to see another character from the Sonic universe join in, possibly Knuckles, Robotnik or Metal Sonic.

Also Mewtwo. We need more Mewtwo.

Who would you like to see in the next Smash Bros game?
Are there any features you'd like to see make a return?

You really can't guess what they will add they have to many characters.(as in the roster they have to choose from is in the thousands huge)
You can say the originals will be there for sure and some from melee.Wario for sure.
What is more important are the stages, items, and how the game is balanced for the next one.
Can't really say it will have more then 50 characters. Not bad if they have even more stages on top of the older ones.

I believe I heard somewhere that they don't want a large roster.

Upon hearing that, I cried many manly tears.

I think I'll get this one, I payed Brawl but never got it so I think I'll be getting this, been some time since I've had a good fighting game :P

Smash Bros Wii U needs one thing and one thing only - An online portion that actually works.My one gripe with Brawl was that the online was shit.Matchmaking took too long and the lag made a lot of matches unplayable.If they can sort that out I'm sure the rest of the game will be quality as always

Get Square on the phone and give me my mother fucking Geno goddammit!

Kamek would be a fair compromise.

Take Melee, make the adventure mode more random with different paths that can happen, instead of it being the same every time, and change nothing else. That is about the only way I'd buy it.

Add Travis Touchdown (A rising star to many video game fans) and Raichu (they had Pichu who sucked and Pikachu obviously, so why not their bad-ass evolution?) into the game and all will be perfect!

I do hope the online part is fixed, I might play it with some friends here on the Escapist if the online isn't complete arse.

More characters. More stages. More modes.

They have to push it to the limit. They have a damn good opportunity here with Capcom falling flat on its ass and creating ill will for itself, and they have a franchise everyone loves. If they just push a little harder than they normally do, create as much content as they can and then add on with DLC, they can soundly trounce on their competition.

But will they do that?

Nooooope.

Trull:
I believe I heard somewhere that they don't want a large roster.

Upon hearing that, I cried many manly tears.

They won't be increasing the roster size much, however they will be adding new characters.

It's pretty much confirmed that one or two Namco characters will be added. This might mean some Ni No Kuni, Tekken, Soul Calibur or Dark Souls characters. (I'm not too worried to be honest, they got Solid Snake to work).

They'll be removing a couple of characters too I assume, as they did with Melee > Brawl. I'm going to predict that Ike or Marth will be replaced with Chrom from Awakening. Falco or Wolf will be removed, Sonic and Snake might disappear considering they're not Nintendo characters. Toon Link might go seeming as he's not had a game since Spirit Tracks. ROB looked like a one time thing, Lucas might also disappear (not Nes because he's been in the game since Smash Bros 1). Lucario might also be removed to make way for one of the newer Pokemon, similar to how Mewtwo was removed.

EDIT: Actually, after looking at the white board drawing of SSB4, I think Marth is safe and Ike is in danger of leaving us.

Give Sheik more boobage

Less floaty, moar items, less clones, moar stages and for the love of god, get rid of the goddamn trip mechanic.

Also, an online mode that actually works.

TizzytheTormentor:
Add Travis Touchdown (A rising star to many video game fans) and Raichu (they had Pichu who sucked and Pikachu obviously, so why not their bad-ass evolution?) into the game and all will be perfect!

I do hope the online part is fixed, I might play it with some friends here on the Escapist if the online isn't complete arse.

The online of the Wii was generally shitty... With friend codes and all that bullcrap. The online mode of the Wii U has vastly improved on it, so I doubt it'll be 40 minutes hitting a punching bag again.

They've already announced that they aren't going to go beyond the character count of Brawls. Id also like to see a better way to unlock the characters. I loved that about melee, having to do certain tasks and the challenge of unlocking them, and then brawl stripped that away completely with how they rolled out their story mode.

Given how I consider Namco to be the place that Nintendo games go to die, I just want it to not suck.

I'm hoping for Megaman since he's one of the iconic classic videogames characters, but if Nintendo is going to collaborate with a third party, and it's not Capcom, then I think we'll get Namco Bandai characters instead.

Also I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned but Pac-man's like a given.

I DEMAND SKULL KID

His final smash writes itself. If anyone's thinking of anything other than smashing the stage with the moon, they you're WRONG!

Also, I'd like to se emsot of the character additions mentionedin this thread.
I wish Rare was still with Nintendo. Banjo's moveset is perfect.

Put in a gen 5 pokemon, Like Haxorus and i will be all over this.

The only thing i care about is which Pokemon will be in it xD

I want to see Bayonetta now that Nintendo are publishing it, more Pokemon and maybe a yarn character or two for a laugh.

Daystar Clarion:
Give Sheik more boobage

Less floaty, moar items, less clones, moar stages and for the love of god, get rid of the goddamn trip mechanic.

Pfft! Only scrubs would want that! Real players play Fox only, no items on Final Destination.

I heard they're putting Crash Bandicoot and Spyro in it. Also the guy from The Last of Us so they have to use Ellie in Playstation Brawlstars 2.

All I want to see is Mr. Game and Watch make a glorious return, he was my favorite character in Melee and Brawl. I also enjoyed Brawl's Subspace Emissary campaign, I hope SSB Wii U has something like that.

Guffe:
I think I'll get this one, I payed Brawl but never got it so I think I'll be getting this, been some time since I've had a good fighting game :P

Nothing like slamming a bob-omb right in your buddies face (;

My Wii U came this afternoon so I've been distracted from the forums, needless to say I'm loving it so far. Great graphics, great controls (pro controller is the best controller i've ever used).

UI is sluggish though. Otherwise no problems and loving it.

Tekken is fantastic with the dpad, mario is gorgeous and great fun (harder than the 3ds one too imo), zombiU is tense and exciting.

(: Anybody wants to add me it's "JayTheCorrupt"

arc1991:

No, Haxorus would be good as a pokeball but as a playable monster I think we all know there can only be Conkelldurr.

Just imagine the possibilities!!

Or maybe Scrafty or something.

Daystar Clarion:

That would be pretty nice actually I remember ever match i played being like molasses going uphill in january.

I love my local smash bros though so I could get past it.

I want the Triforce trio to come back intact, im sure Link will come back. But I also hope Zelda gets to stick around as well as Ganondorf (with improvements)I had actually hoped that during Brawl he was going to be a sword/dark magic hybrid fighter

I wonder If Travis is a Viable candidate. Since the time Suda51 stated he wanted him on a smash game, he's gone multiplatform. His game isn't very family friendly for a smash roster to begin with either.

Also:

The real question is what kind of crossover characters will have in this new Smash Bros?
I bet at least ONE Capcom character inside the roster!
I still remember the time that it was planned to be Megaman in the previews game.
Or it was just a rumor?

Travis Touchdown.
Obviously.

SkarKrow:

arc1991:

No, Haxorus would be good as a pokeball but as a playable monster I think we all know there can only be Conkelldurr.

Samurott/Dewott maybe, them blades would awesome to use!

Darmanitan would also be awesome, it having the highest physical attack of all the fire types, but tbh i will happy with whatever pokemon they use!

I'd like Luigi, Ike & Fox to all remain (since its usually those three I play as) but have a feeling Ike could go =(

As for new characters... I'm actually not sure who to hope for. I'd like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro to be there but I doubt it would happen. Probably a Gen V pokemon will be thrown in there - I would hope for Darmanitan 8)

EDIT: Also, decent online play that actually works. That would really make it awesome!

Geno or Mallow from Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars- maybe Square is holding them tightly or something, but I will probably buy this game new day 1 if those characters are in it. Geno already has his following, but lets show some love to Mallow. :)

And for the love of all that is good in the world, make the smash balls less common! I shouldn't see more smash balls than bob ombs, as a rare item the specials are cool, but as common as they are, showing up dozens of times per fight, they become incredibly obnoxious.

Hazy992:
Yarn!

Yarn Kirby, Yarn DeeDeeDee and Yarn Yoshi! :D

Honestly all I really care about is that they do not use Link's design from Skyward Sword as his primary costume. I really hope they do not.

Oh, and put Roy back into the game!

arc1991:

SkarKrow:

arc1991:

Samurott/Dewott maybe, them blades would awesome to use!

Darmanitan would also be awesome, it having the highest physical attack of all the fire types, but tbh i will happy with whatever pokemon they use!

Darmanitan is amazing. I used one. It's safe to say that if Darmanitan hits, Darmanitan tends to win...

Bit tough to think of fantastic gen 5 okemon for it, maybe we'll see a few gen 6, or pokemon trainer with the gen 6 starters or something!

TizzytheTormentor:

The MiiVerse is great from what I've used, I can't say much because my internet is being very tempermental and they're working on the lines, but I'll get back to you on it, I'm working on review/overview of the system I'll be sure to let you know how the online multiplayer is but I've heard little about it.

Kinda expecting it to be laggy because my wifi is shitty. I got no friends on it yet anyway :3 lol

Exius Xavarus:

Hazy992:
Yarn!

Yarn Kirby, Yarn DeeDeeDee and Yarn Yoshi! :D

Honestly all I really care about is that they do not use Link's design from Skyward Sword as his primary costume. I really hope they do not.

Oh, and put Roy back into the game!

If they change Link's look,it will probably be based on the Zelda Wii U title,unless they reveal Smash first,or they could just not show him in the trailer

And since they are cooperating with Namco,i would like to see someone from the Tales Series,i don't know,like Kratos Aurion or something

Or Castlevania characters that have appeared on nintendo consoles,Like Shanoa,or Soma who would probably play similarly to Kirby

I also hope Ike isn't removed,i like playing as him

Black Reaper:
Snip

I would gladly accept Simon Belmont in Smash Bros.

Exius Xavarus:
Snip

I quite like Skyward Sword link, mostly because I like Skyward Sword a lot and the art style is a nice compromise. I prefer my Zelda to be bright and colourful, not entirely sure why.

I also prefered the controls for skyward sword to those of twilight princess because they were more satisfying to use than the TP waggle.

I want TOON LINK BACK THOUGH! D:

And Toon Zelda/Tetra would be awesome.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked