so, Smash Bros Wii U

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Exius Xavarus:

SkarKrow:
Snippet

I'm stoked for the Wind Waker remake and can't wait for it to be out. I wasn't much a fan for Skyward Sword. It used some interesting ideas and they were well executed, I just prefer using a normal controller. Also, it's just my personal opinion, but I don't like Skyward Sword's art very much. I don't personally think the art directions from Twilight Princess and Wind Waker mesh very well. I don't think they're going to make Wind Waker into another Phantom Hourglass, though(that would piss me off most highly), but as far as I've heard so far it's just a Wind Waker remake with some GamePad integration. I'd assume much to the effect of OoT3D, for easier inventory and the like.

Yeah, I think I prefer the Wind Waker art style by a long way, just because I love the bright and colourful aesthetic for my Zelda. I despise Phantom Hourglass, I was kind of expecting something a bit like Minish Cap, which is easily my favourite zelda game and one of my favourites of all time.

Honestly I'll be glad if it's just a remake, some new stuff would be nice but I don't have my own copy of Wind Waker and this makes it so I don't really need a gamecube copy.

I think there'll be some extra stuff coming with it, possibly a collectors edition of some kind.

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:
Add Travis Touchdown (A rising star to many video game fans) and Raichu (they had Pichu who sucked and Pikachu obviously, so why not their bad-ass evolution?) into the game and all will be perfect!

I do hope the online part is fixed, I might play it with some friends here on the Escapist if the online isn't complete arse.

The MiiVerse is great from what I've used, I can't say much because my internet is being very tempermental and they're working on the lines, but I'll get back to you on it, I'm working on review/overview of the system I'll be sure to let you know how the online multiplayer is but I've heard little about it.

Kinda expecting it to be laggy because my wifi is shitty. I got no friends on it yet anyway :3 lol

We can play when I get mine (which won't be until some of the recently announced games are out for it)

Can't wait to whup you with Luigi :P everybody knows he's the champ.

The MIiverse servers and stuff got better at around 3am when my internet would stay alive for more than 5 minutes.

As long as Luigi stays, I'm happy.

If Mega Man is going to be in it, he'd better be Classic style or I'm going to be annoyed. He's already got a great move-set, all the different team colours, and fantastic potential stages.

Of course it's not going to happen, but I still want to see Banjo and Kazooie in a Smash Bros. game at some point.

Trull:
I believe I heard somewhere that they don't want a large roster.

Upon hearing that, I cried many manly tears.

On the contrary, I think that's the best thing to do. It's a fact that, with any fighting game, the more fighters, the more samey, trivial, and pointless each one becomes.

On the other hand, I'd prefer there to be a SHED load of levels + music tracks.

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

The MiiVerse is great from what I've used, I can't say much because my internet is being very tempermental and they're working on the lines, but I'll get back to you on it, I'm working on review/overview of the system I'll be sure to let you know how the online multiplayer is but I've heard little about it.

Kinda expecting it to be laggy because my wifi is shitty. I got no friends on it yet anyway :3 lol

We can play when I get mine (which won't be until some of the recently announced games are out for it)

The MIiverse servers and stuff got better at around 3am when my internet would stay alive for more than 5 minutes.

I just hope they include Raichu (I want him dammit!) and Travis Touchdown (the true otaku bad-ass) I don't excel with anyone *hangs head in shame* Except maybe Kirby.

SkarKrow:

Guffe:
I think I'll get this one, I payed Brawl but never got it so I think I'll be getting this, been some time since I've had a good fighting game :P

(: Anybody wants to add me it's "JayTheCorrupt"

No internet (Wireless) at the place I am living so not adding :(

Yeah ZombiU was fun and I'm playing Darksiders at the moment, great fun that game!
NintendoLand was fun and is one fo the best PartyGames ina while :D

Guffe:

SkarKrow:

Guffe:
I think I'll get this one, I payed Brawl but never got it so I think I'll be getting this, been some time since I've had a good fighting game :P

Yeah ZombiU was fun and I'm playing Darksiders at the moment, great fun that game!

Ah that kinda sucks for you means no Miiverse, it's a really nice thing that with it's gestapo mods instantly vanquishing the dick pictures.

I may give darksiders 2 a crack on it I hear it's better with the touch pad taking away the bullshitty menus that plague the PC version.

I don't have nintendoland, would you say it's worth picking up for around Ł30? Cuz it did look like a lot of fun.

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:

I just hope they include Raichu (I want him dammit!) and Travis Touchdown (the true otaku bad-ass) I don't excel with anyone *hangs head in shame* Except maybe Kirby.

I don't really excel with anybody there's just a few characters like Luigi and Toon Link that I know most moves for and can use competently.

Everybody excels with Kirby because Kirby is a badass. He is the Whitebeard of the Smash Bros world.

Raichu would be pretty cool actually then I may actually use him, not a big fan of most of the pokemon in it to be honest, I'm hoping for some Conkelldurr or something :D or maybe some Gen 6 pokes!

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

I don't really excel with anybody there's just a few characters like Luigi and Toon Link that I know most moves for and can use competently.

Everybody excels with Kirby because Kirby is a badass. He is the Whitebeard of the Smash Bros world.

Raichu would be pretty cool actually then I may actually use him, not a big fan of most of the pokemon in it to be honest, I'm hoping for some Conkelldurr or something :D or maybe some Gen 6 pokes!

I also hope they fix Pikachu so no one will just spam DOWN B DOWN B DOWN B!!!

I will add you when I get a Wii-U, which model should I get?

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:

Oh god I hated that, he's nowhere near as bad as Metaknight though, hate that prick. My friend literally only plays metaknight and I find the best way to counter him is to range spam toon link or just Kirby his face in.

Um, the black one, the one with 32GB onboard flash memory, because you'll have to run your VC games from that and such and it just looks nicer imo. The 8GB the white model has just isn't a lot, if you're interested in zombiu i recommend that bundle cuz it comes witha pro controller too.

There's a good virtual console promo on where theres a game for 30p/30cents/30eurocent each month, Super Metroid and F Zero are on the list for it too! :3

k0n9:
Donkey Kong:
K. Rool (The main villain of Donkey Kong and he still hasn't been added)?

Rare(and by default Microsoft)own the rights to K.Rool and the Kremlings which is also why they were not in Donkey Kong Country Returns.It's doubtful that they'll be in Smash Bros unless Nintendo pony up some dough

SkarKrow:

TizzytheTormentor:

SkarKrow:

Oh god I hated that, he's nowhere near as bad as Metaknight though, hate that prick. My friend literally only plays metaknight and I find the best way to counter him is to range spam toon link or just Kirby his face in.

Um, the black one, the one with 32GB onboard flash memory, because you'll have to run your VC games from that and such and it just looks nicer imo. The 8GB the white model has just isn't a lot, if you're interested in zombiu i recommend that bundle cuz it comes witha pro controller too.

There's a good virtual console promo on where theres a game for 30p/30cents/30eurocent each month, Super Metroid and F Zero are on the list for it too! :3

I also heard about this huge patch that has to be downloaded, so that has to be considered, 32GB it is!

Sakurai said that there will not be more characters added to the Roster. The Roster will stay at it's current set amount, they will be getting rid of characters in order to make room for new ones. Lucario for sure will be replaced by a current Gen Pokemon. Ike will probably be replaced with a new Fire Emblem character. Wolf will more then likely be taken out as well as R.O.B. Link will more then likely be replaced with Skyward Sword Link and Toon Link will probably be replaced with another Zelda Character or a character from another franchise. Lucas is also probably going to be replaced by someone from another franchise.

Snake and Sonic are iffy. More then likely Snake will stay since I'm assuming Nintendo still has the rights to the character for fighting games considering that he did not show up in Playstation's Smash Bros.

Warning: the following is a really long post, my apologies if you find it too long to spend reading.

As it's the topic that is most focused upon whenever Super Smash Bros is brought up in a thread, I guess I'll start with my thoughts on the characters.

I like the idea that the roster won't be expanding too much. I've seen many, many suggestions on threads that this next Super Smash Bros should have over 50 characters, which always seemed a little ridiculous to me. From what has previously said, it seems they will instead be keeping it closer to 35, more than likely replacing a couple of characters, so my bet is the roster consisting of about 40 characters. I'm not a fan of replacing characters in games but they will probably do so with this game, and so the ones I would replace/remove, would probably be the following.

* Toon Link - We already have a Link in the game, and they've never taken the potential opportunity before to make these younger Link's unique to Link. I personally think they should either stick with just the Triforce Trio, or add in a different Legend of Zelda character.

I know I will probably get quite a bit of hate for this, but as far as a new Legend of Zelda character addition goes, I think the character most deserving of this is... Tingle. Think about it, he has multiple appearances, multiple playable appearances at that even with his own spin off games where he is the main protagonist, and can have a unique move set based around his unique games. Furthermore, previous polls and discussions have shown an interest in having Balloon Fighter as a playable character, but why bother with Balloon Fighter (unless you are going to suggest Balloon Kid's Alice, because this game could always do with more female characters) when you could have Tingle, a character whose been the star of a Balloon Fight game and has much more potential for a possible move set.

Other than Tingle, the only other Zelda series character noteworthy enough to deserve a spot is Vaati, a choice I would be okay with as this adds more villains to the roster. I personally am tired of seeing one-time characters such as Midna and Ghirahim being so highly suggested, ignoring Zelda characters more deserving of the spot such as (despite how much people don't like the guy) Tingle or Vaati.

* Falco - Falco replaced by staff wielding Krystal. It adds a new female character, a highly wanted character by many fans, and has a Star Fox character with a unique move set. The only reason I suggest Falco to be replaced instead of Wolf is because Wolf fills in a Villain quota, and has a more unique move set than Falco's.

* Pokémon Trainer - One of the reasons Mewtwo was removed from Brawl was because the creators felt that they had too many 1st generation Pokémon in the game. This has always confused me then as to why they included a Red/Blue Pokémon Trainer with the three first generation starters. So my idea for Pokémon Trainer is to keep the playstyle, but replace the 1st generation Trainer and his Pokémon of Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.

Now, before the 6th generation was announced, my thoughts concerning Pokémon Trainer were to have him replace with a 5th generation Trainer, though preferably an actual Pokémon character, rather than your personality void protagonist. Case in point I thought N would be a decent suggestion, as it would make sense if his squad consisted of, well, just about any 5th gen Pokémon, though they probably would gone with the starters (which is a shame, as 5th gen was the only time I disliked the starters). It would also make sense if for his Final Smash he just sent out Reshiram of Zeckrom against everyone, possibly having a difference between which one depending on whether you are playing the Wii U or 3DS version.

With the announcement of a 6th generation though, I imagine they will want to include a 6th generation representative so I can see it making sense to have the 6th generation trainer with a squad of the 6th gen Pokémon. My only wish in that case is that they allow you to play as both the male and female trainer, it wouldn't affect gameplay after all, and with a nameless protagonist who sits in the background for the fights, would be a plausible option.

* Lucas - I've no idea why they included Lucas, when previously they had said they wanted the characters to appeal to all their audiences. It's funny then that they included the Japan only Lucas, and at that, he doesn't even appear to play like he does in the games. I will admit, I have not played Mother 3, but from the information I've looked up Lucas seems to be the healer of your party, with a general lack of offensive moves.

As for Mother replacements for Lucas... I don't think there should be one. While I've heard it is a great series, the Mother series still consists of only three games, and as far as I'm aware, only Earthbound made it out of Japan. Frankly, I feel Mother should be okay with just one representative.

Now, to be clear, what I have said is only my opinion. I feel, if they replace or remove characters, then these are the ones they should replace/remove to allow more deserving or better suited characters to appear. Moving on then, when it concerns characters I would like to see appear I know there are some which I'd like to see but probably won't or deserve it like Bandana Dee or Ashley, so I won't go through the trouble of suggesting them. I also know the roster isn't going to have all that many new inclusions, despite how I feel that there are some characters that really do deserve a spot on the roster by now such as Little Mac and Starfy. Instead I'll just state the two characters that I most want to see appear, and why they deserve to appear on the roster.

* Ridley (Metroid) - Size should not be an issue. In Super Smash Bros Brawl they were able to increase Olimar's size, so why not shrink down Ridley. Heck, you could even have an explanation for that in the story mode, if they wanted to. Furthermore, Bowser's size changes constantly in his games so really, I do not see why size should be an issue.

As for why he should be included, well he's the arch-nemesis of Samus, the second most recurring character in the Metroid series, and Metroid could really do with another representative. He also fills in a villain spot, and if this goes along with my removal of the original Pokémon Trainer, and thus the removal of Charizard, his A attacks could be done in a manner similar to Charizard's (I imagine there would be some differences in regards to the special moves). I also really like the character.

* Lip (Panel de Pon/Puzzle League) - This probably seems rather hypocritical considering my reasoning for the removal of Lucas was based on Japan exclusivity, but Lip covers areas that Lucas does not. Lip was the main protagonist of the debut game for the Puzzle League series, she's a retro character that is often brought up (such as her appearance in Captain Rainbow), would be a decent representative for the puzzle genre (even more so now that Dr Mario is not in the game), is a female character and at that is a female character that is the main protagonist of her game. Again, I also really like the character and I believe that there could be some interesting and intriguing move sets and play styles created for this character.

Now then, I believe this post is getting a little too long so I'll stop here and return to comment on features later.

SkarKrow:

Guffe:

SkarKrow:

I don't have nintendoland, would you say it's worth picking up for around Ł30? Cuz it did look like a lot of fun.

Well I did find it pretty nice, a lot of levels in all the minigames and if you want to actually get 100% you'll have A LOT to do. I don't know if I'd pay that amount for it thou since it was a very nice introduction to the wiiU and the touchpad system. But unless you've got 3 or 4 wii motes I wouldn't say it's worth it, biggest time I spent on it would have to be multiplayer with friends and drinks (or without)
But yeah, a lot of gaming time to chill out and just play casually minigames from all the famous Nintendo games (metroid, f zero, mario, pikmin etc)and to see how they have thought that the use of gamepad might work. If that interest you then have a go, I think I'd wait for a price drop thou.
Hard to say :P

Guffe:

SkarKrow:

Guffe:

Well I did find it pretty nice, a lot of levels in all the minigames and if you want to actually get 100% you'll have A LOT to do. I don't know if I'd pay that amount for it thou since it was a very nice introduction to the wiiU and the touchpad system. But unless you've got 3 or 4 wii motes I wouldn't say it's worth it, biggest time I spent on it would have to be multiplayer with friends and drinks (or without)
But yeah, a lot of gaming time to chill out and just play casually minigames from all the famous Nintendo games (metroid, f zero, mario, pikmin etc)and to see how they have thought that the use of gamepad might work. If that interest you then have a go, I think I'd wait for a price drop thou.
Hard to say :P

It'd mostly be for multiplayer and we have like 7 wii remotes in the house littered about, I might for the price drop and pick up then or if I see it for Ł20 or so it might be worthwhile, I got the ZombiU bundle instead and I'm really enjoying.

The local multiplayer is a blast, fairly unique too. Rayman Legends just made my "must buy" list for the Castle Rock stage, was amazing!

MetalDooley:

k0n9:
Donkey Kong:
K. Rool (The main villain of Donkey Kong and he still hasn't been added)?

Rare(and by default Microsoft)own the rights to K.Rool and the Kremlings which is also why they were not in Donkey Kong Country Returns.It's doubtful that they'll be in Smash Bros unless Nintendo pony up some dough

I'm pretty sure that K. Rool and the Kremlings still appeared in games after Rare was bought out, like DK: King of Swing, it's sequel and Super Mario Strikers. Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns them.

No more clones.

Characters who are clones should either be reworked or removed completely... especially Ganondorf, I can't even begin to describe my disappointment when I found out he was just a Captain Falcon clone.

I also kind of hope they keep Zero Suit Samus, since she is one of my best characters(yet I absolutely suck with armored Samus).

k0n9:
I'm pretty sure that K. Rool and the Kremlings still appeared in games after Rare was bought out, like DK: King of Swing and it's sequel. Also I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns them.

It's a bit of an odd situation really.As you said K.Rool and the Kremlings were in King of Swing but I definitely remember reading that the reason Retro Studios didn't use them in DKCR was because they didn't have the rights to.Maybe it's because Microsoft aren't in direct competition with Nintendo in the handheld market that they were allowed to appear in handheld games.It's worth remembering too that Rare released a Viva Pinata game for the DS but the console versions were Xbox 360 exclusives.With that in mind I guess there's a possibility that K.Rool and the Kremlings might make an appearance in the 3DS version but probably not the Wii U version

I would think that if they are not going to include new characters, I would say that they should change/tweak the lot that they have so that it does not create a bunch of clone gameplay. The reason they removed some characters from Melee when transitioning to Brawl was for this reason, yet we still get Lucas, Wolf, and Toon Link.

If they are not going to include new characters, I propose a new game mechanic: Fighting Styles.

This concept can include changing Brawl Mario into Melee Dr. Mario. He is similar in every way (aside from his B attack shoots medical capsules and his B+Down attack is the Mario Tornado).

You could also change a characters moves completely. For instance, WarioWare Wario can change to his classic Wario Land/World attire, complete with new attacks and specials.
B: Heavy Punch (can hold B to make it stronger)
B+Forward: Dash Attack (if you press A during the Dash Attack, you perform the Corkscrew Conk)
B+Up: Viking Rocket (puts on a viking helmet and rockets straight up)
B+Down: Earthquake Punch (the longer you go without using it, the stronger it becomes)
Grab+A: Shakes the opponent viciously
Grab+Down: Piledriver
Grab+Back: Wild Swing-Ding
Smash Move: Shake It Up (must grab an opponent or else it is a complete miss; will shake the opponent viciously, dealing 80~90% damage and then throws the enemy off the stage; while shaking, random items will fall out of the opponent, causing 5~30% damage to other opponents, depending on the item)

I could also change the attributes of certain characters to have the fighting styles of their clones without needing to play as them. For instance, Fox can change his Standard Style to the Flaco Style, making him faster and capable of jumping higher, while making him weaker and much easier to KO, or to the Wolf Style, making him slower, but dealing a lot more damage.

These are just a few ways they can take advantage of their roster in order to avoid clone characters and hopefully create truly unique characters or change their existing clones to feel more unique (I'm looking at you, Toon Link, Gannondorf, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas).

New additions: Issac from Golden Sun, Shadow the Hedgehog from the Sonic series, Beat from Jet Set Radio, Ulala from Space Channel 5, and Chrono from Chrono Trigger.

Remove clones, make it like Melee and make the online better than Brawl.

Change the adventure mode to shake things up or make it kinda like Brawl's quest mode, but shorter so you can actually get through in one sitting.

I want to be able to play as my Mii

Daniel vs. Ganondorf

MOST EPIC FIGHT EVER!

As far as character predictions go, I'm thinking they'll give Lucario the boot in favor of Zoroark

I just want Link that isn't shit tier and working online.
Sure, Link can be good and I can beat player who use Metaknight with him, but that doesn't change the fact that he is shit tier.
Link requires too much skill for what he offers.

I'd like Lyn (Green-haired girl from Fire Emblem 7) to be promoted from Assist Trophy to on the roster, but it's probably not going to happen.

Either Chrom or Masked Marth from Awakening will probably replace Ike (Marth isn't going anywhere, being the O.G. Lord of the series, but might speak English since Shadow Dragon was internationally released), and I'm okay with that.

I get that Brawl slowed down Samus so Zero-Suit Samus could be significantly faster without being too fast, and I'd be okay with losing ZSS if it meant Samus would be useable again, but if ZSS stays, I want her to be selectable the same way Sheik and the G1 Starter Pokemon were.

Seriously, how the Hell were we supposed to figure out "Hold down shield when hitting start" on our own? It's not in the manual... At least not my manual...

And I want the Ice Climbers out.

R.Nevermore:
Am I the only one o thinks that Bomberman would be a great addition? I know he's not strictly Nintendo but he's been a well known character on every Nintendo console ever...

Also a few things
Remove tripping... Dumbest 'feature' ever added to a game
No more clones. Similar moves are ok, but identical or nearly indentical moves are lazy.
Smash balls need to be less common... A very rare, once per game thing would be nice but they happen way too often even when all items are rare
Good online play. Effective matchmaking and lag fixed.

Most importantly:

Balance!

Nintendo needs to maintain the game. Fix characters that are obviously broken (Metaknight being banned from tournaments because he's too good, and Bowser being unplayablely bad). I'd like to see Nintendo building the game with competitive play in mind. It would be nice if all characters were at least close to viable and balanced.

Problem, champ. Tripping was implemented to counteract Wave-Dashing. Since the exact same engine is still being used, bugs and all, removing Tripping will allow Wave-Dashing again. Which means the 3 or 4 characters that can Wave-Dash the most effectively will be overwhelmingly more powerful than everyone else.

Secondly, making the Smash Ball a once per match thing would have to make the Smashes a INSTANT KILL EVERYTHING ON SCREEN to compensate for its rarity. If it's rare, and universally useless on more than half the cast like it was in Brawl, why have it at all?

Z of the Na'vi:
....you guys do know that Namco said previously they're not adding new characters, right?

OH GOD WHY!?
Captcha:which one is biggest?
You mean the possibilities we lost?,i have been wondering that too captcha

Yopaz:

Change the adventure mode to shake things up or make it kinda like Brawl's quest mode, but shorter so you can actually get through in one sitting.

From my time thus far with the Wii U the online will be better because the only problems I've had are because my wifi is shockingly bad and the stupid thing doesn't have an ethernet socket :P

Sould1n:
Tingle

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

Not before they add in Vaati I hope D: or Tetra/Zelda. Yeah Toon Link could do with being different, he does handle differently but with the same moves if thats any consolation.

Hell I'd rather Postman than Tingle.

SkarKrow:

Sould1n:
Tingle

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

Not before they add in Vaati I hope D: or Tetra/Zelda. Yeah Toon Link could do with being different, he does handle differently but with the same moves if thats any consolation.

Hey, thanks for quoting me, it's always nice to see my comments being spotted. Even if you only quoted one word... I knew this suggestion wasn't going to go down well.

Anyway, my point about Tingle is true, out of all possible Legend of Zelda characters that could appear in the next Super Smash Bros, he is the most deserving of that spot. He is one of the most recurring Legend of Zelda characters and at that, has been the main playable character in three different games... admittedly, I don't believe any of these came to the USA, but they were released in Japan and Europe. He was also playable in Wind Waker via the Tingle Tuner. How many other Legend of Zelda characters can cite that they were playable?

As for his use as a Balloon Fight styled character, one of his three games was a Japan only Balloon Fight update, starring Tingle as the main character. He has appearances and a great many interesting possibilities for a fighting style. I know he is not well liked, but think about it on the basis of which characters deserve to be in the game, and Tingle ranks higher than, well, higher than a great majority of suggested characters for Super Smash Bros.

SkarKrow:

Yopaz:

From my time thus far with the Wii U the online will be better because the only problems I've had are because my wifi is shockingly bad and the stupid thing doesn't have an ethernet socket :P

My main issue with the online in Brawl was that they didn't let us customize the matches. I prefer to play with stock rather than timed, but it's good to hear that the online is more stable. I haven't really had the chance to test it yet, but at least it seems stable from my experiences.

Sould1n:

SkarKrow:

Sould1n:
Tingle

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

Hey, thanks for quoting me, it's always nice to see my comments being spotted. Even if you only quoted one word... I knew this suggestion wasn't going to go down well.

Anyway, my point about Tingle is true, out of all possible Legend of Zelda characters that could appear in the next Super Smash Bros, he is the most deserving of that spot. He is one of the most recurring Legend of Zelda characters and at that, has been the main playable character in three different games... admittedly, I don't believe any of these came to the USA, but they were released in Japan and Europe. He was also playable in Wind Waker via the Tingle Tuner. How many other Legend of Zelda characters can cite that they were playable?

As for his use as a Balloon Fight styled character, one of his three games was a Japan only Balloon Fight update, starring Tingle as the main character. He has appearances and a great many interesting possibilities for a fighting style. I know he is not well liked, but think about it on the basis of which characters deserve to be in the game, and Tingle ranks higher than, well, higher than a great majority of suggested characters for Super Smash Bros.

I wasn't really mad about you suggesting Tingle at all, I'm aware he has a following and a few games of his own and while I may not like him he'd be a perfectly reasonable addition to the roster.

It was more for comedic effect, though I would be geuinely irritated if Tingle were playable but not Vaati.

Yopaz:

SkarKrow:

Yopaz:

My main issue with the online in Brawl was that they didn't let us customize the matches. I prefer to play with stock rather than timed, but it's good to hear that the online is more stable. I haven't really had the chance to test it yet, but at least it seems stable from my experiences.

I got a noticable bit of lag in Tekken (I know I suck, but I don't suck enough to die in singular combos when I BLOCKED HALF OF IT), but like I said my wifi isn't reliable and I wish it had an ethernet port.

I can empathise with preferring stock matches. My strategy is generally to try prey on on player and minimise my own damage, then by the time I've wiped out one guy, the others are on 1 life and 70%, while I remain with 2 at 20% or so...

SkarKrow:

Sould1n:

SkarKrow:

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

I wasn't really mad about you suggesting Tingle at all, I'm aware he has a following and a few games of his own and while I may not like him he'd be a perfectly reasonable addition to the roster.

It was more for comedic effect, though I would be geuinely irritated if Tingle were playable but not Vaati.

I had a feeling you weren't really mad, your post was presented in a light-hearted way, but just to be sure I explained myself again. It's hard to tell when typing on the internet.

I find Vaati to be another really good choice, and while I think more interesting things could be done with Tingle in terms of play-style, I'd love to see Vaati in the game and I do feel he is quite worthy of a spot. He's probably only a little after Tingle, and only because of the lack of ever being a playable character.

When it comes to Legend of Zelda suggested characters the only ones I get annoyed at are when they suggest one time characters such as Minda or Ghirahim. Neat characters as they may be, they don't really deserve a spot as it were.

Sould1n:

I had a feeling you weren't really mad, your post was presented in a light-hearted way, but just to be sure I explained myself again. It's hard to tell when typing on the internet.

I find Vaati to be another really good choice, and while I think more interesting things could be done with Tingle in terms of play-style, I'd love to see Vaati in the game and I do feel he is quite worthy of a spot. He's probably only a little after Tingle, and only because of the lack of ever being a playable character.

When it comes to Legend of Zelda suggested characters the only ones I get annoyed at are when they suggest one time characters such as Minda or Ghirahim. Neat characters as they may be, they don't really deserve a spot as it were.

Nah I try not to get mad at the internet and I never post when emotionally elevated in a negative way. If I do my anger tends to come across in that bitterly calm and dry way. =]

Vaati would add to the villain count and I just think he's cool, especially his Minish Cap iteration. I adore Minish Cap, it's easily my favourite Zelda game, though I'm not a huge series fan, I dislike the NES titles, and I'm no great lover of the N64 titles either.

I really like Link to the Past a lot but it's frigging hard, I like Twilight Princess but it drags on a bit and hits me with walls of unvoiced text, Skyward Sword is purty but I'm not far enough to have a full opinion on it that I can justify, Wind Waker is fantastic, etc.

Yeah I don't like Ghirahim, whenever he's showed up so far in SS he seems a bit rapey.

Sould1n:

SkarKrow:

Sould1n:
Tingle

Tingle...

Tingle?...

Tingle!??!@!

Roy and Marth were only featured in one game that was only released in Japan. Eliwood was featured in two games, one of which was translated to English to be released outside of Japan. All Eliwood has gotten in terms of Smash Bros is a sticker.

Also, considering that Tingle's role in Zelda is mostly support, and he's not an important character in any of Link's games, I think that an assist trophy is fitting for him.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked