The Escapist BRAWL Part 2!!!! Create your Team!!!!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Okay, so here's another team that I actually created: Team Dark Fantasy, Geralt (of Rivia) and Jakiro. The universe of The Witcher already contains dragons, and it's mentioned in The Witcher 2 that witchers and dragons have no particular quarrel. Because of that, Geralt would be receptive to the idea of having a dragon as an ally. Meanwhile, Jakiro is known for working in groups, and for not caring who his allies are. It's not known how dark the universe of Defense of the Ancients is, but I still the name "Dark Fantasy" fits them well.

Their skills also complement each other well - Geralt can use his magic to prevent enemies from evading the dragon's breath, and Jakiro can use his fire and ice breaths to assist the witcher's lack of directly offensive magic.

Edit: For the sake of convenience, here's the team in the list format:
(leet_x1337)---Geralt of Rivia + Jakiro "Team Dark Fantasy"

wintercoat:
~snip~

Me gusta. I'll approve this, if it helps OP make a decision about whether to add it or not.

Question: what's going to be done about the remaining team suggestions that are still on the voting block? Are they just going to be discarded?

wintercoat:
TEXT

Very logical to want a cross-over of this weapon and a keyblade, but for the shake of the discussion [I love to talk for videogames], how Donald and Goofy can fit in with Shulk?

SweetShark:

wintercoat:
TEXT

Very logical to want a cross-over of this weapon and a keyblade, but for the shake of the discussion [I love to talk for videogames], how Donald and Goofy can fit in with Shulk?

Can I help him out?

Eomega123:
(Eomega123) --- Isaac + Maxwell
Where can imagination take you? It can bring you to glorious heights and terrifying depths. It can solve many problems, and create many others. Both Isaac and Maxwell use their considerable imaginations in their quests, but in very different ways. The tortured demon child Isaac projects his own feelings of guilt and terror onto his challenges, which manifest in the horrifying monsters he faces and the terrible things he will do to his body in order to conquer them. Maxwell, meanwhile, uses his magic notebook to summon solutions to the quirky problems that fill his brightly colored universe. Both have seen and accomplished much, though in very different lights. What shall happen when these two very different individuals with very similar gifts fight side-by-side? That...is up to your imagination.
Team Name: Dreaming Children

Very interesting logic behind this Team.
But I must say the mature nature of Isaac is just too much for Maxwell to handle [even if Maxwell can summon Cthulhu].
On the other hand, the fighting style wll have make sense to me:
Maxwell will write down the items he want to summon, then Isaac will use them to get new abilities.

leet_x1337:

SweetShark:

wintercoat:
TEXT

Can I help him out?

Sure, we after we having fun, aren't we.
I just love to see a good reason for this pair ^^

leet_x1337:
Okay, so here's another team that I actually created: Team Dark Fantasy, Geralt (of Rivia) and Jakiro. The universe of The Witcher already contains dragons, and it's mentioned in The Witcher 2 that witchers and dragons have no particular quarrel. Because of that, Geralt would be receptive to the idea of having a dragon as an ally. Meanwhile, Jakiro is known for working in groups, and for not caring who his allies are. It's not known how dark the universe of Defense of the Ancients is, but I still the name "Dark Fantasy" fits them well.

Their skills also complement each other well - Geralt can use his magic to prevent enemies from evading the dragon's breath, and Jakiro can use his fire and ice breaths to assist the witcher's lack of directly offensive magic.

Edit: For the sake of convenience, here's the team in the list format:
(leet_x1337)---Geralt of Rivia + Jakiro "Team Dark Fantasy"

I really like this idea!!!!
I want to approve this team.

If someone want to speak for this team, he/she may speak now before I approve this team

SweetShark:

leet_x1337:
Can I help him out?

In Xenoblade, there's normally a party of three members. Shulk doesn't go it alone - he's always got friends to help him out. I don't see how Sora's friends would be any different - and it means there's more people he could save with his visions. When a character is about to die, the Monado gives Shulk a glimpse of how it's going to happen, and a chance to prevent it - heal them, take down their assailant, or even stand in the way of the attack. Thing is, it's not too helpful for only him, so the more people[1] he could potentially save with it, the better.

So he'd probably work even better in a group of more than just him and one other character. The more, the merrier - and besides, Donald and Goofy come with Sora, so even if Shulk didn't get paired with them, the next person suggested would have to justify this too.

[1] Using the word 'people' loosely.

The Lazy Blacksmith:
snip

Nice explanation for your Team!
I want to approve this team also!

If someone want to speak for this team, he/she may speak now before I approve this team

leet_x1337:

SweetShark:

leet_x1337:
Can I help him out?

In Xenoblade, there's normally a party of three members. Shulk doesn't go it alone - he's always got friends to help him out. I don't see how Sora's friends would be any different - and it means there's more people he could save with his visions. When a character is about to die, the Monado gives Shulk a glimpse of how it's going to happen, and a chance to prevent it - heal them, take down their assailant, or even stand in the way of the attack. Thing is, it's not too helpful for only him, so the more people[1] he could potentially save with it, the better.

So he'd probably work even better in a group of more than just him and one other character. The more, the merrier - and besides, Donald and Goofy come with Sora, so even if Shulk didn't get paired with them, the next person suggested would have to justify this too.

Then I think we find good reasons to pair these vharacters together!!!
I approve this Team!

[1] Using the word 'people' loosely.

Btw, Geralt will have for this Tournament his Epic f*cking Beard:

SweetShark:

Alternate costumes! Gotta love 'em. Does that mean I get to call that Classic Reimu is the mode for the battle? Purple would go so much better with The King's flamboyancy.

Though, it might mean that she'd only be able to call on her original ability set...Is it possible that I can use the purple-haired Reimu with the (modified for balance) ability set of the current incarnation?

leet_x1337:

SweetShark:

Alternate costumes! Gotta love 'em. Does that mean I get to call that Classic Reimu is the mode for the battle? Purple would go so much better with The King's flamboyancy.

Though, it might mean that she'd only be able to call on her original ability set...Is it possible that I can use the purple-haired Reimu with the (modified for balance) ability set of the current incarnation?

Well, to be honest, I don't know If I can find a way to make the battle really matter about the appearance of each character.
Exept of course you have some kind of idea for suggesting me this.
I was joking for Geralt cause of the new game ^^

Also the image is not working to me.

Team Geralt and Jakiro is APPROVED!!!!

TEAM Sora, Donald & Goofy + Shulk also APPROVED

canadamus_prime:
Question: what's going to be done about the remaining team suggestions that are still on the voting block? Are they just going to be discarded?

The suggestions will stay in the list. The reason is I want to put the user that had first a specific Team idea.

Team Immortal
Sir Daniel Fortesque + Prince of Persia

Two very capable swordsmen, one already dead and the other able to rewind time to undo death. Conventional methods of battle have no chance against this pair - they WILL go down fighting. Daniels' bones will need to be crushed and the Prince's death will need to be completely inescapable. The Prince will also have to die first or he can just rewind Daniels' pulverization. I wonder how many other teams will realize this before they unleash their atom bomb attacks that can't be repeated as easily?

I don't know most of the other available competitors so this is the only team I feel able to really pitch at this point =P

Auron225:
Team Immortal

Two very capable swordsmen, one already dead and the other able to rewind time to undo death. Conventional methods of battle have no chance against this pair - they WILL go down fighting. Daniels' bones will need to be crushed and the Prince's death will need to be completely inescapable. The Prince will also have to die first or he can just rewind Daniels' pulverization. I wonder how many other teams will realize this before they unleash their atom bomb attacks that can't be repeated as easily?

I don't know most of the other available competitors so this is the only team I feel able to really pitch at this point =P

Actually it make more sense to me if Prince of Persia and Ms. Fortune was a Team.
Ms. Fortune is an Immortal in Skullgirl game.
So the Prince don't need to help Ms Fortune to revive.

THIS is an Immortal Team in my opinion.

TEAM (The Lazy Blacksmith): Master Chief + Scorch is APPROVED!!!!

Btw, I found free time now, that why I am so energetic right now :P

SweetShark:

Auron225:
Team Immortal

Actually it make more sense to me if Prince of Persia and Ms. Fortune was a Team.

I don't know who Ms Fortune is so... alright then =P

Auron225:

SweetShark:

Auron225:
Team Immortal

I don't know who Ms Fortune is so... alright then =P

I better wait the opinions of others as well.
I want first to discuss this, then make a decision.

SweetShark:

canadamus_prime:

The suggestions will stay in the list. The reason is I want to put the user that had first a specific Team idea.

Sorry, but I'm confused. Why are you keeping the list of suggestions?

canadamus_prime:

SweetShark:

canadamus_prime:

Like I did the same with the first part, maybe the user have a "boost" for suggesting these teams.

SweetShark:

canadamus_prime:

SweetShark:

Like I did the same with the first part, maybe the user have a "boost" for suggesting these teams.

Well ok it's your game, but I'm thinking most of those are going to be forgotten in favour of new suggestions.

canadamus_prime:

SweetShark:

canadamus_prime:

Well ok it's your game, but I'm thinking most of those are going to be forgotten in favour of new suggestions.

Well, if this Thread fail in the end, I will just end this game.
I must say I was really happy about my first Thread and I had many different ideas to my head how I will work it out.

Aww i was really looking forward to this one

SweetShark:

canadamus_prime:

SweetShark:

Well, if this Thread fail in the end, I will just end this game.
I must say I was really happy about my first Thread and I had many different ideas to my head how I will work it out.

Well I don't anticipate it failing, just don't forget to update the list of available characters. Also don't forget to strike off team suggestions that have been eliminated due to your seal of approval. Sorry I don't mean to tell you how to run your game, I'm just trying to help.

iwinatlife:

I didn't say I end this Thread.
I am just saying if the users don't show interest anymore, then I will stop my game, simple as that.

SweetShark:

iwinatlife:

I am just saying if the users don't show interest anymore, then I will stop my game, simple as that.

People aren't bored, they've just run out of character match-ups they care enough about. You could just sloppily pair up the remaining entrants and proceed with the next phase of the game any time you want.

The Lazy Blacksmith:

SweetShark:

iwinatlife:

People aren't bored, they've just run out of character match-ups they care enough about. You could just sloppily pair up the remaining entrants and proceed with the next phase of the game any time you want.

I agree with this. People still want to see this thing happen, it's just that we want it to go to the next phase already - no-one seems to care much about the remaining team match-ups so if it were me, I'd just pair up the remaining people as I see fit or even randomly (that could make some interesting pairs) and go ahead with Part 3.

Ok then.....I want to see the others if they agree with this.
The if they agree also, then I will create the other Teams as I want to be.

SweetShark:
Well, to be honest, I don't know If I can find a way to make the battle really matter about the appearance of each character.
Exept of course you have some kind of idea for suggesting me this.
I was joking for Geralt cause of the new game ^^

Also the image is not working to me.

Ah...Well then. I'll just drop it, in that case. I didn't know you were joking.

I've got another question. When it comes time to move to the next section, will we all be controlling our own characters? And how are you going to deal with stuff like time zones, or just preventing 100 people from trying to advance the plot at once?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here