What Game(s) do you want to see get made?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Well, I'm still waiting for a fresh attempt at a psychological horror series that wants to prioritize the fear of an inconsistent reality and dark characterization over the shock value of seeing someone's head explode.

TheSteeleStrap:
Deadly Premonition 2, and Psychonauts 2.

I did hear that Swery wanted to do a standalone sequel to Deadly Premonition. Interesting, though I'd bloody miss York.

More moments with Raz and his new team would also make me very happy.
We need more personified mania.

Megaman Legends 3 aka the reason I bought a 3DS. I'll settle for a new Megaman game in general and not the one that's coming out one iOS, I'm talkin' a full-fledged walkin' talkin' Megaman game, or Megaman RPG.

I could settle for that or TellTale Games picking up the video game rights to the hilarious comic book Chew. Telltale has the right art style for this comic and I know they could do a lot with Chew's ability(he has the power to eat food and know everything about it; Example: eat an orange: know where it was grown, who picked it, and when it was picked; eat a burger: know the entire slaughter process for that cow.)

But if held at gunpoint definitely Megaman Legends 3.

Also, the obligatory Half Life 2: Episode 3 response, and a Guild Wars 2 expansion (i want to play as the tengu so bad).

3DS Wars, it would make me get a 3DS.

Also a Hitman game that used the tech from Absolution but made the open world levels of Blood Money.

Chester Rabbit:
The real Fable 2(yeah I have resorted to that line of thinking now)

Fable 2 wasn't that bad. In fact I think it's the best in the series overall. 3 is where things just sucked.

An assassin game like Hitman but set in the early 1930s. Travel around the world to exotic locations, kill people, etc. It would be interesting using the political and economic situation then, as well as the fact that there are no silenced guns.

I hadnt even thought of hit & run 2, but the first was was just so awesome.

The first thing that sprung to mind is more fallouts (I love them so much, cant wait for 4), as well as a final fantasy game that is back to how IX played/felt.

- Games that are not sequels
- Games that are not HD Brush-Ups (except when it's a game that i never could buy when i had the chance for inexplicable reasons...i wuv you, ZoE HD Collection)
- Games that favor a tight pacing and flexible Level- and Gameplay-Design over tedious open world filler crap.
- Games that are not willing to bore me ever so they make sure no one can say "This Game is too short"
- Games that are willing to cater to a single audience, not "all of them"
- Games with well written stories and worlds that are explained through me over the course of the game, not through walls of texts that bring the Gameplay to a complete stop (looking at you, Dishonored)

...also, more purely mission based Space Combat Games.

Stargate MMO. They started to make it a long time ago but then scrapped the project.

A game that is not a sequel, remake, or a bloody HD rerelease. Fuck HD.

I want to see a fantasy FPS. Fantasy games tend to be samey with boring magic and melee, so let's change that by giving the protagonist and AK47.
Bowguns from MH don't count.

shrekfan246:

LoneWanderer:
Snip

Is that a Super Saiyan pony?

Because if so, that's probably one of the most hilarious things I've seen today.

Yes it is. It's Twilight Sparkle transforming into a super saiyan. It was very hard to make, but thanks to Mr. Frappe at the "Avatar" group they made this gif for my avatar become a reality.

StashAugustine:
Star Wars: The Emperor's Hand. A cross between Deus Ex and Hitman where you play as Mara Jade. Infiltrate areas and uncover conspiracies using subterfuge, stealth, trickery, the Force, or just shooting everyone. It'd also allow a game to use Force powers more for subtle influence and trickery rather than blowing stuff up.

Dude! That's the best idea ever! Why didn't I think of that. :D

Cry Wolf:
I've participated in so many of these threads, on the Escapist and elsewhere, so this isn't my first pick as far as games I want to get made go. I do, however, think it'd be ridiculous amounts of fun;

Muscle, Mullet Rock, Monsters.
Muscle, Mullet Rock, Monsters.

Give us an open world Shooter/RPG hybrid based on the general lore and atmosphere of the first few seasons of Supernatural. You go around hunting monsters from town to town - finding out what you're dealing with, and learning how to kill it. Getting trapped in an old, spooky asylum haunted by the victims of a brutal, insane doctor? Yes please. This isn't a 'deep' game but it'd be incredibly fun.

A few things need to be made clear; you need to be able to create your own character, it needs as player driven as possible (yes, this includes doing the research), a range of cars for me to choose from and the ability to bring in your own music library. Most importantly, this shouldn't be a game about intense action.

Should it actually be in the world of Supernatural? No - playing through as the brothers, or even in the same universe as the brothers, would be boring. Also being bound but the horrid, tone shifting (even if oddly enjoyable) latter seasons would be detrimental to the atmosphere. Also; we could get rid of that whole sexism thing that way. Just consider the first few seasons of Supernatural as a basis to construct this from rather than a blueprint.

I would buy that game in a heart beat if it was ever made. It's nice to see people with innovative ideas. :D

I would like another game in a similar style to and set in the same world as Vagrant Story.
I would like to see a Dark Cloud 3. IMO Dark Cloud is OK while Dark Cloud 2 is one of the best Zelda games ever made.
I would like to see a sequel/follow-up/something that's similar to Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines that isn't a fucking MMO.

PrimitiveJudge:
Stargate MMO. They started to make it a long time ago but then scrapped the project.

I'm not sure it'd be as fun as it sounds at first. MMOs cost a fortune and present an incredible amount of design problems in regards to having such a populated persistant world. The most common way of solving this issue is to simply limit the player's agency on the world - by a fuckton. SW:TOR tried seperating a small, player driven story from the bulk of the MMO's content and, more importantly, the rest of the player base. It was okay, but hardly optimal. The only solution I've seen that gives the players suitable agency with the world is Eve Online - and I hardly think thats the best enviroment for a Stargate MMO.

What I think would have more potential is a player hosted co-operative Stargate game with a persistant world (similar to Neverwinter Nights in a lot of regards). While their are obvious hurdles to overcome there, I believe it would be more acheivable than overcoming those presented by an MMO format.

LoneWanderer:
I would buy that game in a heart beat if it was ever made. It's nice to see people with innovative ideas. :D

Thanks! Though I'll be perfectly honest, it's just what I had hoped the first Witcher was like from the descriptions given to me by friends - but, you know, with shotguns filled with rocksalt and AC/DC rather than silver swords.

keiji_Maeda:
Alpha protocol II (not a JRPG, but it had sooo much potential, just some more polish and you'll get there Bethesda)

IIRC; that was Obsidian. Infact, it wasn't even published by Bethesda. Rather, it was Sega. I do, however, agree that a Spy RPG has fantastic potential. Not sure Obsidian has the chops for it though.

LoneWanderer:
I know this topic comes up every now and then, but heck why not have it come up again.

For me I want a "Clone wars" version of Star Wars Empire at war. Seriously that's an instant sale right there! I bet millions of Star Wars fans will buy on day one. :D

So Escapists? What game do you want to see get made?

Another Timesplitters, another Twisted Metal and a proper Burnout game that gets rid of the open world 'choose your route' thing in favor of closed tracks through pedestrian roads the way they've always done it.

For non sequels I REALLY want to see an open-world/Skyrim-ish pirate game.

canadamus_prime:

The Last of Us?

Toxinthegreat:
A game based around 'The Hunger Games' that isn't just a soulless movie tie-in. I'd buy the shit out of that

It'd be downloadable and focused on multyplayer only (you can play offline with bots) and you create your own character and, are placed into one of many arenas, and BAM your off the. the matches are long and unforgiving and if you die your dead for the duration of the match but each arena has its own unique "thing" to it. for example in the first arena we see in Katniss enter dead players can respawn as wolf mutts. plus the game follows the books more then the movies. It'd be like the Mincraft hunger games you see on youtube and there'd be a crafting system for traps and camo. It'd be in the first person and the combat would be a little like Dishonored or Condemned.

Another Syndicate
A sequel to Area 51 from the XboX (was Blacksite a sequel?)
MOH Airborne 2
Another Silent Hill (Yes I know we get tons and I love them all, I want more damnit!)
A Lost Planet game that has none of the co-op nonsense from Lost Planet 2.
Condemned 3.
F.E.4.R
Thief 4

I'd really like to see a game like Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. Except with a good story. And maybe a different setting as Lord of the Rings was already done. I liked the turn based strategyness of it.

A worthy successor to City of Heroes.

cause the two super hero MMOs we have, suck in comparison

LoneWanderer:

For me I want a "Clone wars" version of Star Wars Empire at war. Seriously that's an instant sale right there! I bet millions of Star Wars fans will buy on day one. :D

That already exists as a mod;
http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-clone-wars

Also, I'd say my list is fairly generic. Hit & Run 2, Battlefront 3, Fallout 4, Sly 4 and more I can't think of right now.

I would love to see someone actually finish the old Akira game, not because I liked the movie (I really didn't), but just to see what could have been.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/akira/jimgregory.htm

Ccx55:

LoneWanderer:

Also, I'd say my list is fairly generic. Hit & Run 2, Battlefront 3, Fallout 4, Sly 4 and more I can't think of right now.

Wow that's cool. Have you tried it?
Anyway thanks man. :D

themutantlizard:

Toxinthegreat:
A game based around 'The Hunger Games' that isn't just a soulless movie tie-in. I'd buy the shit out of that

It'd be downloadable and focused on multyplayer only (you can play offline with bots) and you create your own character and, are placed into one of many arenas, and BAM your off the. the matches are long and unforgiving and if you die your dead for the duration of the match but each arena has its own unique "thing" to it. for example in the first arena we see in Katniss enter dead players can respawn as wolf mutts. plus the game follows the books more then the movies. It'd be like the Mincraft hunger games you see on youtube and there'd be a crafting system for traps and camo. It'd be in the first person and the combat would be a little like Dishonored or Condemned.

More or less what I had in mind. You'd also be able to train your character in stats that would allow you to be better at using various skills. There'd also be a spectator system that can donate various things (Through a point system based on performances in online mathces) to the tributes. I could see this game working. There'd also be a minimal hud.

A Command and Conquer 4. Can you imagine the awesome?

No, there's no Command and Conquer 4, go away.

OT: I'd really like to see an Alternative History RTS. A game set in the Reinascence where all of Leonardo Da Vinci's works where outfited to war, and he kept inventing and inventing until we are in a futuristic world, and having to research these technologies independently, leading to hilarious situations like teutonic knights charging with Laser Artillery giving them fire support, or a bunch of Space Marines climbing ladders and using wooden towers to get to a city's walls. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome?

LoneWanderer:

Ccx55:

LoneWanderer:

Yep, I use quite a few mods for EAW, actually. Great game, but with mods like Clone Wars, it becomes an entirely new experience.
Definitely worth trying, it's a complete overhaul of the game.

Ccx55:

LoneWanderer:

Ccx55:

Yep, I use quite a few mods for EAW, actually. Great game, but with mods like Clone Wars, it becomes an entirely new experience.

Once again thanks man. I noticed that some of the simages in that game were from the clone wars "TV show". So i'm wondering if the mod has most of the units and vehicles from tje era?Excuse my bad grammer phones are not good for this type of stuff. =P

LoneWanderer:

Ccx55:

LoneWanderer:

Once again thanks man. I noticed that some of the simages in that game were from the clone wars "TV show". So i'm wondering if the mod has most of the units and vehicles from tje era?Excuse my bad grammer phones are not good for this type of stuff. =P

I haven't actually seen the TV show, but I know the mod has taken inspiration from several different sources; magazines, TV shows and, of course, the movies. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by their diverse troops. I remember the mod having some vehicles I didn't even know existed in the SW universe.

Father Time:

canadamus_prime:

The Last of Us?

Haven't played that. Is it any good?

Toxinthegreat:

themutantlizard:

Toxinthegreat:

More or less what I had in mind. You'd also be able to train your character in stats that would allow you to be better at using various skills. There'd also be a spectator system that can donate various things (Through a point system based on performances in online mathces) to the tributes. I could see this game working. There'd also be a minimal hud.

also I almost forgot. there would be an AI gamemaker (like Left 4 deads AI director) that would respond to where the players were and what they were doing.

Tom_green_day:
I want to see a fantasy FPS. Fantasy games tend to be samey with boring magic and melee, so let's change that by giving the protagonist and AK47.
Bowguns from MH don't count.

I'd play that for sure great idea.

I want an RTS involving the Lovecraftian gods having an all out brawl in the cosmos of time and space using planets as mini baseballs, having proxy proxy proxy wars that shatter the space time continuum or something like that.

Yes I know I'm weird; don't look at me like that.

It stings...

a little.....

I would like a spy RPG. Something where you can pick what missions to take, how to execute them, with a great massive story. Want to play like James Bond? Do it. Sam Fisher? Agent 47? Jason Bourne? Micheal Weston? However you want to do it. Lots of guns, lots of gadgets. I would also like to see something like they did with LA Noire, where you had to figure out if someone was lying or not, but I would like to expand on it, to where if you figure out some one is lying scenario A happens, if you believe the lie scenario B happens, ect. I want a massive world where you can just do tons of stuff, and work for different agencies. CIA, MI6, KGB, Odin, whatever. I would like to make it so you can betray and double cross the different factions.

I know a game like this would be very difficult to make, but I think it would be amazing.

Ed130:
A Warhammer or 40k RPG with the player as a witch hunter or inquisitor.

The 40K thing definitely, but something closer to the wargame for me. Maybe something where we can get a few starter races (like DoW), but then expansions and DLCs allow us to customise our army. Pay $30 for basic race (SM, IG, Chaos, Ork?) pack and game.

For example, Basic Space Marine Pack;

Space Marine Captain
Mid-level Librarian
Space Marine Tactical Squad
Space Marine Scout Squad
Rhino
Dreadnaught
All units come with a selection of wargear to customise to a stabby, shooty, or shiny git

DLC (let's say $4) can get you:
High-level Librarians
Land Raider
Space Marine Assault Squad
Space Marine Devastator Squad
Further assorted wargear based upon play style (melee spam vs vehicle spam vs psyker spam vs ranged spam)

Race DLCs for $10 give a basic race pack so they can bit-by-bit introduce and balance, and later on further DLC for new units and vehicles and wargear:
Necrons
Sisters of Battle
Tau
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Tyranids
The race DLCs only unlock the playing of them - meaning I don't have to pay for Eldar if I don't want to play Eldar - yet I can still play against my mate who does like them and is willing to pay for them

Further $5 DLC in the form of 'World' map packs with customisable 'click and place' map set ups:
Catachan, for a jungle theme
Cadia, for 'generic hellish warzone'
Necromunda, for the Underhive
A fun part of tabletop is placing terrain features. Imagine a terrain set up phase where you each take turns to place randomly assigned terrain pieces - do I put the hill I just got in my deployment zone for my artillery, or should I hold out and hope I get the bunker knowing full well I might get a small shrubbery instead??

You wouldn't be paying-to-win, either, because true 40K is about selecting troops before the fight begins, and all troops have assigned values and limits meaning you can't field a bazillion dreadnaughts because you're better at exploiting resources. Wooo you have an assault marine squad? Sure, you can jump around the map, but your 5 guys cost more points than my 10 tactical marines who can blast you out of the sky anyway.

So. That's my 10 cents. More like $5 judging by what most people have said though lol ...

EDIT: the DLC I was suggesting (units for example) would be $4 each

PrimitiveJudge:

Sorry, my fault, seems every Stargate game I play before release gets the Axe. I played Stargate SG-1: The Alliance‎ at E3 in 2005 for a half-hour and I was in the F&F beta for Stargate Worlds.

I want KH3.

Homeworld 3
Dawn of war 3 (but more like the original game play without all the RPG non sense of 2)
new Turok
and mainly Half-Life 3

JamesStone:
A Command and Conquer 4. Can you imagine the awesome?

No, there's no Command and Conquer 4, go away.

Man, wouldn't it be great if EA would finish the series after all these years? I mean, they'd have to just avoid some massive misstep like butchering the genre by removing base-building or boring the player to tears by installing a bullshit grindfest into the game.

But who would be that stupid, right?

In addition to a real Command & Conquer 4, I'd really like to see a new Knights of the Old Republic game. I don't care if BioWare or Obsidian handled it, I just want another adventure.

Quick edit with a few ideas: Maybe take a look at how the Order is rebuilding, getting things set up on Coruscant, etc all the while traveling the galaxy to help further that goal. I'd also like to see how the Mandalorians progress from KotOR II.

StashAugustine:
Star Wars: The Emperor's Hand. A cross between Deus Ex and Hitman where you play as Mara Jade. Infiltrate areas and uncover conspiracies using subterfuge, stealth, trickery, the Force, or just shooting everyone. It'd also allow a game to use Force powers more for subtle influence and trickery rather than blowing stuff up.

Seconding thirding this.

Prequel to Final Fantasy X set during the Machina War 1000 years ago that destroyed Zanarkand and gave birth to Sin, including playable Zaon and Yunalesca.

Sequel to Mischief Makers (any system but admittedly the Wiimote is ideal for 'shake shake!') that includes segments where you team up with the 3 Justice Warriors against the new villain(s).

Sequel to Front Mission: Gun Hazard (probably on a portable system) with lots of Wanzer customization and mission variety. In fact just another strategy-based Front Mission in general would satisfy, yet Gun Hazard was the one I always wanted to see brought to American shores- saw a Let's Play of it and it looked amazing, though also long and extremely difficult late game.

A new Secret of Mana game closer to the first two games before Legend of Mana.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked