Nerf Miraak's Staff (Skyrim: Dragonborn)

No spoilers here, just saying that the staff is much too powerful.

Overall I think Dragonborn gives us a few things I dont think we should have without a level requirement, because hot damn are some of these new things powerful.

Post edit:

I also must say, I am a huge fan of the Bloodskal Blade, its a wonderfully creative weapon with a fun to use effect.

What does it do?

RatherDull:
What does it do?

The staff or blade?

Jayemsal:

RatherDull:
What does it do?

The staff or blade?

The Staff

RatherDull:

Jayemsal:

RatherDull:
What does it do?

The staff or blade?

The Staff

Rapid fire casts arcing globs of dark....stuff...

When that stuff lands it spawns tentacles that stagger and poison (damage/stamina drain) targets.

Jayemsal:

RatherDull:

Jayemsal:

The staff or blade?

The Staff

When that stuff lands it spawns tentacles that stagger and poison (damage/stamina drain) targets.

That sounds fucking cool.
Half the fun of Elder Scrolls is breaking the game, getting it pre-broken with fucking awesome tentacle magic is sweet.

hazabaza1:

Jayemsal:

RatherDull:

The Staff

That sounds fucking cool.
Half the fun of Elder Scrolls is breaking the game, getting it pre-broken with fucking awesome tentacle magic is sweet.

I suppose so, but that combined with the "Bind Will" Shout, the game doesnt seem to have any challenges anymore.

Jayemsal:
I suppose so, but that combined with the "Bind Will" Shout, the game doesnt seem to have any challenges anymore.

Then dont use it. No really, if you think it makes the game too easy, then dont use it.

I think smithing makes the game too easy, so I dont use it, same with enchanting.

That's the whole fun of the ES games, to be able to do anything, from being super OP, to nerfing yourself into oblivion.

They wont ever nerf an item themselves, because how easy the game is has always, and will always, be in the player's hands.

Well, Miraak is the highest level NPC in the game (at 150). It only makes sense that his stuff will be super badass.

It doesn't seem terribly unfair. The game is almost designed to be broken. Getting 500 damage a strike from a 1 handed sword, firing cruise missiles from perfect stealth, doing up to 3,000 damage in a sneak attack and so forth. The game is rife with mechanics that can easily be exploited. Stealth + Archery, Illusion magic, stacking damage bonus on weapons etc.

Kopikatsu:
Well, Miraak is the highest level NPC in the game (at 150). It only makes sense that his stuff will be super badass.

I thought that honor went to the Ebony Warrior? Or was it just that they actually gave him PC-level perks?

This is a joke,right? You are asking for a nerf....to a weapon in a purely single player game? What would be the point of that? Not trying to be an ass here,I honestly don't know why you would want it nerfed. Let alone why you would ask on the escapist forums.

Jayemsal:

Then don't use those? I mean really, if Skyrim were an MMO then I think calls for nerfs would be appropriate but it's a single-player RPG. If you want more challenge then forgo the broken weapons and combos; the rest of us will continue to enjoy feeling like a tentacle flinging god of death.

After mastering smithing (which was a pain to do after the patch was installed) and enchanting, my guy is way to powerful.

He's a werewolf, who's a master in one hand combat, has Daedric armor from head to toe that are enchanted while being upgraded to legendary armor, all while he can use shouts that slow time or say using the Dragon Aspect shout which enhances everything within the given time it's activated.

What I am trying to say is - the beauty of The Elder Scrolls series (as someone else stated above me) is that the games like Oblivion and Skyrim have no boundaries. You can make your guy as realistically nerfed as you'd like, or an overly powered demi god who can instant kill an Elder Dragon on master difficulty with one blow from the hand sword you've crafted.

The developers in Bethesda know exactly how people are, and they've given us these freedoms to be however we want. Not only do these games allow us to be any race, any class, any gender along with any path we choose .. they've allowed us to also tolerate how powerful we make our characters become at the end. They don't want Skyrim to be like Dark Souls by force nor do they want it to be to easy. They've allowed us to have such freedoms, it's basically up to the player solely on how he/she makes the world around them reflect on the style you play as.

This staff you speak of- I know it. Really rigged weapon indeed, Miraak's armor is all the more rigged too. Having everything on gives a total of like 15-20% spell absorption and a high chance for tentacles to come out when enemies hit you. Since I was KOing everything by just walking up to them, I took the armor off. I did the Daedric armor and that's just as worse because nothing could really fight me without fleeing after i've struck them to nearly die from a 1 hit from my dragon sword.

Now I have chosen my guy to wear just Mara's cloak (the cloak priests usually wear) and rely on my sword and limited shouts. More challenging and epic, but still my guy (because of his mastery in 4-5 perk trees such as one handed, enchanting, smithing, conjuration, ect.) he can own easily. Not to mention werewolves are OP as heck when you have the Dawnguard expansion pack installed. 100% strength when the perks for the wolf are filled.. it's utterly ridiculous lol.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked