Favorite video game character and why?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mine is Niko Bellic, why because he is relateable as he tries to make a simple life. He cares for his freinds and family first and it dosen't matter if you pay him if you fuck wiht him or anyone he cares about you are going to die.

A toss up between Garrus and Manny Calavera. Both are just all around awesome characters.

It's just a suggestion but try adding some punctuation to your second sentence, it was a bit hard to comprehend on my first read.

Goofguy:
A toss up between Garrus and Manny Calavera. Both are just all around awesome characters.

It's just a suggestion but try adding some punctuation to your second sentence, it was a bit hard to comprehend on my first read.

woops wasn't thinking at the time, sorry.

Sabin Rene Figaro.

Whenever I play Final Fantasy VI he has to be in my main party without exception.

Well my current favourite would be Hazama from BlazBlue. He is so delightfully evil that he practically gets off on ruining people's days and/or lives.

It's something to do with the character design, the personality, the voice acting, the way he flips between being civil and nice when it suits him then can immediately turn into an absolute evil, manipulative bellend at a moments notice, the evil laughs and the sweet hat all make him this amazingly awesome evil being.

I suppose the fact that he is just a thin guy in a sharp suit and matching hat with zero noticable weapons makes him even cooler since he is the most powerful fighter in the cast. You've got Noel with her dual pistols, Ragna with his fuck off sword, Carl with Nirvana, Relius with Ignis etc etc

Hazama has his bare hands, a few concealed knives and this snake whip thing that he conjures out of thin air. As far as I know that's not even classed as a *proper* weapon by the game's standards, as in it has no offical name or catagory.

Also Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney games is one of my favourites, the way the first three games focus on him growing out of this rookie lawyer barely holding things together is exceptional.

The Wykydtron:
Well my current favourite would be Hazama from BlazBlue. He is so delightfully evil that he practically gets off on ruining people's days and/or lives.

It's something to do with the character design, the personality, the voice acting, the way he flips between being civil and nice when it suits him then can immediately turn into an absolute evil, manipulative bellend at a moments notice, the evil laughs and the sweet hat all make him this amazingly awesome evil being.

I suppose the fact that he is just a thin guy in a sharp suit and matching hat with zero noticable weapons makes him even cooler since he is the most powerful fighter in the cast. You've got Noel with her dual pistols, Ragna with his fuck off sword, Carl with Nirvana, Relius with Ignis etc etc

Hazama has his bare hands, a few concealed knives and this snake whip thing that he conjures out of thin air. As far as I know that's not even classed as a *proper* weapon by the game's standards, as in it has no offical name or catagory

Yes Hazama / Terumi is awesome he reminds me of the joker (although he is slightly different) but the way he toys with most of the cast is awesome I love characters like him, I also love Makoto but thats more down to some of her battle quotes like forgetting her lines at the start or saying speak of the devil and laughing when she beats Tager (the red devil) and of course randomly shouting Spoon when attacking she is not given much chance to shine in the story however and I was a little disappointed there but the joke endings she is involved with are absolutely awesome.

Oh and I am pretty sure Hazamas weapon (the whip snake tail thing) is called Ouroboros which is definitely classed as a weapon by game standards as its a Nox Nyctores if I remember correctly.

OT I am not sure who my favourite character is hmmm it maybe Tifa Lockheart a character I initially despised but she grew on me strong, kind and attractive plus I always loved the way she could piledrive Emerald and ruby weapon and destroy things with her fists instead of massive swords or guns and what not.

April Ryan would also be up there because I just thought she was so well written and portrayed especially in the longest journey.

I have a soft spot for crazy and fun characters though even if they may not be my favourite its also why I like Faust from Guilty Gear and Tira from Soul Calibur.

Geralt
Nameless One
Garrus Vakarian

So basically calm dudes who kick ass in style.

Red Savarin of course.

He's a complete hapless idiot most of the time, he's reckless, immature and puts his foot in his mouth more than anywhere else. But he's honourable, loyal and always does the right thing; just what I like from a character.

Honourable mentions go to:

Alyx Vance
April Ryan
Heather Mason
Tali Zorah
Garrus Vakarian
Colonel Jade Curtiss

Garrus wins it for me, he is awesome in so very many ways.

Second place: Handsome Jack. Because he is a magnificent bastard.

Ezio Auditore. If we only had one game with him, then he probably wouldn't be my first choice. But he's the only character that I know of whom we follow from his birth to his twilight days. And it's fascinating to see what he's been through and how it's changed him from a carefree young Florentine noble and a womanizer to a wise old Mentor Assassin. He's just awesome.

But people who said Garrus are also not wrong at all. Garrus is a very close second.

I'm gonna have to go with GlaDOS here, she's delightfully evil, funny, witty and has a pretty cool story behind it all.

Adam Jensen:
Ezio Auditore. If we only had one game with him, then he probably wouldn't be my first choice.

So true. I was going to include him on my list, but I've only played AC II so far, and while I liked him tons, I wouldn't say he was a favorite.

Now Ezio in Embers was definitely a favorite, so I can certainly link the dots there.

Jon Irenicus. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Rikku from FFX. I don't know why, I just think she's awesome.

Clementine from The Walking Dead game.

She's not only fleshed out and very likable, she's a child. You know how rare, if not legendary it is for kids to be actually great characters in video games? Heck, in shows, movies, books, ect. kids are portrayed in ways that makes you resent those children characters. But Clementine, is different.

The 8 year old still acts like a kid, but she's a smart one. That, and she acts helpful along with trying to be her best even when the world is gone to crap. She wasn't made so we are 'forced' to care about her, she was designed in a way we are bound to care for her because we 'want' to. Also she's simple minded, but brings up good points that makes you pause and think, "Why hasn't anyone else thought of that?"

Also she can shoot a gun .. how awesome is that?

HK47 from the KotoR series is a brilliant character. So funny, well developed and just generally awesome. That's one of the reasons I love the games so much, just speaking to the characters is interesting.

John Marston. Do I really need to explain? He's like a gentleman, a western badass, a smooth talker and an all around stand up guy.

I didn't kill a single innocent in my playthrough of RDR just because I figured Marston wouldn't. No other character/game has stopped me from killing innocents before, none!

Went on a bit of a rampage when I got to play as Jack, though.

Mines Zack fair from final fantasy 7 crisis core. You'll always be my hero you glorious bastard. *sniff*

''I wanted Orange! It gave me Lemon-lime!''

also

Naked Snake/Big Boss.

Three dog!!

Reikan:
Jon Irenicus. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Baldur's Gate and a Pink Floyd reference? Why, you're cool as hell.

Connor from Assassins Creed 3. We start off with him as a young child full of life and we see how quickly it all gets destroyed. He is currently my favourite character due to his progression throughout the game. He is the most human of all the Assassin protagonists throughout the whole series.

Laguna Loire. It's kinda weird that in FFVIII, the exact moment JRPG's started becoming the miasma of stupid plots, wangsty androgynous tosspots, bizzare weapons and eye-searing visual designs, they made the perfect couterpoint to that. Yeah, Laguna's a bit of a prettyboy and a goofball, but he is geniunley likeable and he's actually pretty thoughtful sometimes. He got even better in Dissidia 012, with his awesome gun magic and being kinda the mentor to the 012 heroes. These two scenes right here, starting at 1:30 and ending at 5:30, cemented him as my fav character ever.

Riku from Kingdom Hearts, not only was he cool, He also helped with the boss fight (first of second with this monster) inside the whale.

Hey, look, my childhood!
All of these characters are my favorite.
All of them.

IronMit:
''I wanted Orange! It gave me Lemon-lime!''

also

Naked Snake/Big Boss.

Three dog!!

This is three dogs *howls* and your listening to Galaxy News Radio

Zidane from Final Fantasy 9.
*sweep*
That's the sound of me ninja'n half the forum.

He's a strong protaganist who fights for what he wants.
And unlike most, he's likable and relatable.
He's just awesome.

I'm going to cheat and categorize.

My favorite male character (emotionally): Either Cpt. Walker or James Sunderland. They're both sad stories and kind of dickheads. Honourable mention to Lee from TWD.

My favorite female character (emotionally): Tough one. I think I'll go with Heather Mason though, on account of her seeming and responding like an actual human being, and the fact that while she's still vulnerable she is also strong and independent where her male counterparts fail.

My favorite male character (badassery): New Dante! Controversial, I know. I was originally gonna go with Agent 47 but the amount of times New Dante's dialogue made me laugh, or the way it made me feel badass... It had to be New Dante.

My favorite female character (badassery): Rubi from WET. Come on, she's pretty awesome. Or maybe Sonya Blade... No, Rubi. Sonya shows too much skin.

My favorite male character (vanity): Leon Kennedy. 'Dat hair! Mm-mm! I'd tap 'dat...

My favorite female character (vanity): Honestly can't choose between Lilith, Moxxi, Cortana and Helena Harper... So all 4!

Big Boss. He's the best soldier in the world, but yet he's also a normal person, just like you and I.

My favorite character of all time is probably Samus Aran.
Besides being space batman, she is quite attractive and always had this motherly thing going on her that no one was ever able to truly expand on, which is probably also the reason why Other M kind of destroyed the character for EVERYONE. She is also does good things for the sake of doing good things... I guess the space credits are good too lol.

Fully customizable
or blank like
Gordon Freeman

For me it would have to be Guts. Primarily a manga and anime character but he's been in a few games so he counts!

Yeah, he's a bad ass and that's great and all, through him you can see how rage can twist a man and how he slowly pulls himself out of it while conversely immersing himself deeper in it. As a generally calm guy I enjoy the exploration into pure rage that Guts is.

My ranger in Guild Wars 1.

Then Max Payne... then Alan Wake... then Agent 47... then Geralt... then Lara Croft.

..... then Snake... then...

Ryu from Street Fighter. Not sure why but I guess I respect him for being a lone wanderer while having a sense of discpline and moral sense of justice.
Also there's Travis Touchdown and he not your everyday herp well I guess he kind of like an anti hero in way. He just seen relatable in a way as he is kind of unemployed and is driven by lust as he only enter the Assassin game just to bed Sylivia.

Jack from ME2.

I was wary at first, since she seemed like a pretty abrasive person in the trailer. I was almost immediately won over by her charm ("Shit, you sound like a pussy" - bullseye, haha) and giggled when she called Miranda cheerleader. Besides, I was very suprised how non-agressive she is. She respects Shepard, but doesn't want to be treated like a lap-dog. A Cerbereus ship is enemy territory and I'm not suprised that she's on the defensive.

Hard to say why I love Jack so much. She's like mom, a sister and a friend to me. Fragile and strong, distant and passionate, a bitch and scared kid at the same time. I totally called what she was going to do in ME3 and the new tat she got. So yeah, she's my favourite character of all times.

It's kinda a shame that most people look at her clothes, tats and language and have already made up their mind what kind of person she is. Jack's a lot more than that, but you gotta actually listen to her.

Because I can relate to him on a personal level. He's been my favourite character since I first picked up a controller.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked