Where do you go to buy old games in new condition?

I must be losing my connection with the internet because now that I finally have some income I really want to pick up a few games in new condition to play them. For those wondering why I don't like used, well growing up I tried that and be it cartridge or disc I just kept getting burned where the game works for one week and then just stops.

I used to go to websites like Playasia but now can't really find any websites that are retailers in the business of selling new games.

So where do you guys go to buy your games no matter the release date in new condition?

For those that want to go the extra mile I've been looking for Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. It would also be awesome if there was the collector's edition for a reasonable price.

In brand new condition?

I use amazon and buy games only in "Very good" or above condition. Most recently I re purchased Ghouls 'n' ghosts for my sega mega drive from Amazon (Original was lost years and years ago) it came all nicely packaged and was in tip top condition. :)

Certainly there must be other escapists that know other sites to look for games in new condition and be able to buy them. Cause if not this is suddenly a very scary trend for consumers.

Hm... Gog.com and even steam for pc. I suppose you don't have much of an option with console games other than emulating or getting re-releases on newer platforms.

Ebay.

Can't think of any physical stores that sell them, the only one near me that sells old games is all used.

Tenmar:
Certainly there must be other escapists that know other sites to look for games in new condition and be able to buy them. Cause if not this is suddenly a very scary trend for consumers.

Ebay or amazon i guess?

Like all products eventually whoever manufacturs them will stop. Especially with games, the only people who would be interested in stockpiling "new" old games would be collectors.

I've personally only had a few times a second-hand game has not worked. And in those instances the retailer gave me my money back. :)

I don't see how it is a "scary trend".

Your only real choices are ebay or amazon. Its fairly hard to find new games that have not been made in years. You could also try looking at gamestops website they probably have a decent number. I remember hearing that they wanted to start selling their older stock.

Im not sure why you call this a scary trend. Publishers are not going to continue making older games that do not really sell very well and that stores do not want to stock because of lack of interest.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here