The Evil Overlords/Masters of Videogames

So, I watched the new first look of TB for the new game with the name "Impire".
To be short, this game trying to mimic a lot the well known Dungeon Keeper, but sadly with a little success....
Here is the video if you want to judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp6EFBXNFO8

Anyway, for that reason I wanted to see and discuss in this Thread different kind of games that they include:

1. Evil Overlords/Masters that you must face or YOU must control the Evil character in the game.
2.The Evil Overlords/Masters must by inside and controlling an Dungeon/Lair/Castle/Army/etc.
3. Trying to built an Dungeon/Lair/Castle/Army/etc from start to finish, if you are the Evil Overlord/Master of the game.
4.Trying to pass all the challenges an Evil Master throw to you, that stay classic to the formula.
5. Medieval and Fantasy Theme.
6. It NOT neccessary need the game be an RTS. It can be any kind of game if it include the features I mentioned above.

I will try to create a list of all the Evil Overlords/Master are mentioned in the games.

But let say an Evil Master that maybe some say it is obvious, some other don't:

Sound like a classic Evil Master decided to built a Dungeon just to enjoy see adventures die by trying for taking the challenge. ^^

EVIL MASTERS/OVERLORDS!!!

01.Baron Sukumvit [DeathTrap Dungeons]
02.The Master [OverLord]
03.Dungeon Maestro [DungeonLand]
04.The Dark Lord [Dungeons]
05.The Keeper [Dungeon Keeper]
06.The Heroes of Opulencia [The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot]
07.UnderLords [War for the Overworld]

Oh... My... Gawwwsh

Thank you Sweetshark, I used to own Deathtrap dungeon but I forgot what it was called long ago! I have fond memories of this game (Even though I never finished it).

OT: The overlord games might qualify for this, you play as an evil overlord wanting to rebuild your evil lair. You control an army of minions to help you accomplish such tasks through the fantasy realm.

You are referred to as "Master" in the game...

lRookiel:
Oh... My... Gawwwsh

Thank you Sweetshark, I used to own Deathtrap dungeon but I forgot what it was called long ago! I have fond memories of this game (Even though I never finished it).

OT: The overlord games might qualify for this, you play as an evil overlord wanting to rebuild your evil lair. You control an army of minions to help you accomplish such tasks through the fantasy realm.

You are referred to as "Master" in the game...

My pleasure for remind you this game.

And Indeed the Overlord game is qualified for this list:

He is also covered with b*ches and this is badass in my book I must say XD

Does Dungeonland count? I think it kinda fits the theme, as you can also play the dungeon master.

sanquin:
Does Dungeonland count? I think it kinda fits the theme, as you can also play the dungeon master.

Yep, of course he[or shall I say "we"] count for the list ^^

I will also put this Evil Overlord in this list

Not a great gamw, but at least it is trying to bring a "somehow" similar vibe with Dungeon Keeper games.

I'm trying to not make a swag joke for that Overlord picture...

"One night, before I went to bed. I forgot to turn my Swag off... And I woke up covered in bitches"

Sorry

I can only think of the Overlord games really, I do own Dungeonland but the frame rate is god AWFUL on my laptop so balls to that. I like the idea of an all powerful dungeon guy but the execution can be tricky. EVERYONE wants to be the ridiculously powerful guy setting 5000 enemies onto other people.

Actually has anyone seen the Archenemy game mode in Magic 2012? It's a 3v1 where the one is STUPID. He gets to draw a special card out of a new deck every turn and it gives him such a silly advantage. You could pick Ancient Depths (which is the lategame deck where you hold on 'til you get your Lands down then OWN the guy with stupid creatures, probably with Hexproof and/or Invincibility) get lucky as hell and summon a 12/12 with Invincibility on the very first turn.

Cue the 3 man team ragequitting instantly.

SweetShark:

I will try to create a list of all the Evil Overlords/Master are mentioned in the games.

But let say an Evil Master that maybe some say it is obvious, some other don't:

EVIL MASTERS/OVERLORDS!!!

01.Baron Sukumvit [DeathTrap Dungeons]
02.The Master [OverLord]
03.Dungeon Maestro [DungeonLand]
04.The Dark Lord [Dungeons]

does vaporware count? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_(video_game)

other than that the evil genius from the evil genius game

SweetShark:
snip

depending how you roleplay, the THE MIGHTY QUEST FOR EPIC LOOT

Are we not including the Dungeon Keeper games?

Blunderboy:
Are we not including the Dungeon Keeper games?

A yes, indeed, I will include the "Heart" after I leave my workplace soon

rhizhim:

does vaporware count? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_(video_game)

other than that the evil genius from the evil genius game

Sadly I will only accept this kind of game with Medieval/Fantasy setting.

Well, Is time to put another one, and I ask myself, why I didn't put him first....

The Keeper from the games Dungeon Keeper!!

Noboby know how he[we] look like, but gladly we know the look of two things:

Our Heart

Our Hand of Evil

rhizhim:

SweetShark:
snip

Does this game have an Evil Overlord/Master, or it is faceless like in Dungeon Keeper games?

SweetShark:

rhizhim:

SweetShark:
snip

Does this game have an Evil Overlord/Master, or it is faceless like in Dungeon Keeper games?

you get your own castle which you can then equip with monsters and traps a la dungeon keeper and another player tries to invade you and get some of your gold/loot, if he survives all your traps that is..

i dont quite know if there is a pvp option there. it is still closed beta.

so its a faceless dude.

also:
mastermind from "the swain" is a funny series. and since it has a game, it could probably get into this list with a lot of cheating.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463278

rhizhim:

SweetShark:

rhizhim:

[yout ube=-M1 OHbhj I7E]

[yout ube=qb9i ga ot1mY]
you get your own castle which you can then equip with monsters and traps a la dungeon keeper and another player tries to invade you and get some of your gold/loot, if he survives all your trraps that is..

so its a faceless dude.

also:
mastermind from "the swain" is a funny series. and since it has a game, it could probably get into this list with a lot of cheating.
[im g]htt p://www.pic anese.com/pbpics/pic_mastermind_773611ad8536d8634e669f056f48adb4.jpg[/img]

Sadly as I said to the rules, I am looking only for Medieval/Fantasy setting, so mastermind don't belong to the list :(

EDIT:
Also I have a question about "The Heroes of Opulencia" in the game The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot:
How the f*ck they call themself heroes if they loot the castles of other heroes and building dungeons with deadly evil creatures inside? WTF??!?!?!

SweetShark:

rhizhim:

SweetShark:

[yout ube=qb9i ga ot1mY]
you get your own castle which you can then equip with monsters and traps a la dungeon keeper and another player tries to invade you and get some of your gold/loot, if he survives all your trraps that is..

so its a faceless dude.

also:
[im g]htt p://www.pic anese.com/pbpics/pic_mastermind_773611ad8536d8634e669f056f48adb4.jpg[/img]

Sadly as I said to the rules, I am looking only for Medieval/Fantasy setting, so mastermind don't belong to the list :(

but he does... aw well i give up. you migth as well cut your list in half.

unless you want to wait until War for the Overworld comes out

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld/

rhizhim:

but he does... aw well i give up. you migth as well cut your list in half.

unless you want to wait until War for the Overworld comes out

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subterraneangames/war-for-the-overworld/

Now this is a game more liked to be in the list!!!

It seems the Evil guys have the name "UnderLords"

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked