Let's make Fallout New York real!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

But I want Fallout Australia... I wanna see mutated kangaroos and man-eating koalas. :(

Fallout Australia would be missing the point of Fallout and be a little too far out of its scope. Fallout Hawaii, though...

I kid! I kid... I half kid... but, in all honesty, OP, I disliked those sections of Washington D.C where you had to be blocked by rubble so you always had a tiny section of grey buildings to explore. If New York ever became the location of a fallout I just imagine it'll be grey buildings x 1000.

It'd mostly just be buildings and subways/sewers though right? Apart from central park, essentially making it like Fallout 3.

Yes, location is the most important aspect of fallout 4. There is no need to be concerned about the quality of writing, dialogue, rpg mechanics or choces.

I want to be able to ride cars in Fallout 4. And give me a hunting mechanic. Also, I want to have 10 followers that I can marry simultaneously.

Fallout 3 was my favourite game, one of the reasons being the contrast between the landscape and the city. I wouldn't like to have a Fallout game in New York because it's been done before and a city on its own will be pretty boring. I like the idea of Boston as it would be a less city-y city (if that makes sense).
However you said the word Fallout so I'll check out the link and wish you good luck!

Sack of Cheese:
But I want Fallout Australia... I wanna see mutated kangaroos and man-eating koalas. :(

Silly Cheese Sack. Australia isn't a real place, silly Cheese Sack :D

Honestly I'd prefer Fallout: Everglades. Mostly because there isn't shit for wild life in NYC. I mean can you imagine? "Oh No! Mutated Giant Squirrels and RadRoaches!" Only two enemies in the entire game.

Sack of Cheese:

Sounds like normal to me.
Ever heard of a drop bear.

Al-Bundy-da-G:
"Oh No! Mutated Giant Squirrels and RadRoaches!" Only two enemies in the entire game.

Could do something with the whole alligators in the sewers myth, now imagine a giant mutated alligator that's lived for 40 years...
That shit scares me. ;(

I still want a Fallout London. :-) New York would suck, GTA is set there. If its in USA do LA or Boston.

SonOfVoorhees:
I still want a Fallout London. :-) New York would suck, GTA is set there. If its in USA do LA or Boston.

Isnt GTA V set in LA?

I would say Fallout Toronto, because in the Falloutverse that is part of the USA as well! :3

I want me some Fallout L. A.

Do everything Escape from L. A. did, just in interactive game form. Maybe pick up some ideas from Bad Day L. A. and, you know, actually deliver?

I'd also dig London. Or Berlin. Or Tokyo. Just no more Cazadores or fire-breathing Barneys please. Those suck.

Fallout New York would just be... Crysis 3 with less plants.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Sack of Cheese:

Silly Cheese Sack. Australia isn't a real place, silly Cheese Sack :D

Honestly I'd prefer Fallout: Everglades. Mostly because there isn't shit for wild life in NYC. I mean can you imagine? "Oh No! Mutated Giant Squirrels and RadRoaches!" Only two enemies in the entire game.

That's not much different from the current Fallouts anyway. In FO3 90% of all enemies were Super Mutants, Enclave and Mercs. Animals were... roaches, dogs and scorpions. Why were there scorpions in DC anyway?!

In New Vegas the animals are added to by fictional animals or hybrid such as the Cazador, Centaur and Deathclaw.

There's nothing that couldn't also be in New York if scorpions can be in DC.

I want to see Chicago, but only if Obsidian writes it, there is quite a lot of hype to that place, especially in Lonesome Road!

Otherwise, anywhere is fine.

God anything but New York.

The worst part of Fallout 3 was the godawful subways and the crappy city with roads blocked by rubble you should easily be able to climb over. A game set in NYC would be an entire game like that, and that would suck.

but i wanted Fallout Cardiff. it would be nice to see that city in its prime

Umm, didn't new york receive the most bombs of any US cities? Y'know, making it so that no landmarks or buildings of any kind survived as the entire city was utterly obliterated?

...whats the fun in that

You want to nuke New York?

I don't think that'll go over very well.

MrPeanut:
Umm, didn't new york receive the most bombs of any US cities? Y'know, making it so that no landmarks or buildings of any kind survived as the entire city was utterly obliterated?

...whats the fun in that

It'd be like a nuclear Nebraska, only without having to deal with Nebraskans!

I missed this one:

spartandude:
but i wanted Fallout Cardiff. it would be nice to see that city in its prime

Would the Doctor show up? Or at least Torchwood?

Make a mod for F3\FNV with New York in it.

No, please, not another post-apocalyptic New York. It's been done to death and then its decomposing corpse was done some more. Crysis 2, GTAIV, Planet of the Apes, Escape from New York, I Am Legend, Cloverfield, Legendary, Resistance 3 and more. Not to mention other things that aren't in a destroyed New York, like all the Spiderman games, Prototype and many more.

New York has been overused and is seriously tedious. Anything would be prefereable to New York, even a Fallout: Milton Keynes or a Fallout: Minsk. I would prefer to see another nations capital, like London, Paris, Rome, Moscow, Sydney/Melbourne (anyone says Canberra they get laughed at derisively), Athens (imagine the ancient greek ruins alongside the modern ruins!) or Tokyo.

My vote would be for London...Hellgate: London wasn't enough but does show what "could" be. Alternately, maybe Fallout: Honolulu. It's got city, beach, jungle, volcano....I mean they could even put more than one colour in the game when they design it!! Far Cry 3 I think showed that a modern game can actally have more than just grey or beige in it, maybe it can be the start of a tropical renaissance.

Sack of Cheese:

But first, Fallout: Canada. An icy environment with killer moose.

Odgical:
But, in all honesty, OP, I disliked those sections of Washington D.C where you had to be blocked by rubble so you always had a tiny section of grey buildings to explore. If New York ever became the location of a fallout I just imagine it'll be grey buildings x 1000.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Seriously, New York is even more boring than DC, which had boring gray buildings, boring subway, and boring dirt plains, all copy pasted to fill in the map.

First off, fuck the Bethesda style of doing shit, I don't want to marry 100 people simultaneously, I don't want to go around exploring a generic, boring wasteland with infinitely shittier versions of Fallout 1 and 2's enemies, I want to fight badass enemies like Caesar's Legion, the Enclave as they were in Fallout 2, the Super Mutants as were in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. Note that I want to fight enemies that are actually badass like them, not fight them again.

Akratus:
Yes, location is the most important aspect of fallout 4. There is no need to be concerned about the quality of writing, dialogue, RPG mechanics or choices.

I want to be able to ride cars in Fallout 4. And give me a hunting mechanic. Also, I want to have 10 followers that I can marry simultaneously.

Hunting could actually work, it is a post-apocalyptic setting after all and one of the biggest elements of post-apocalyptic settings is survival, just don't let Bethesda program, design, write, or really have any impact on it, they can't write, program or design or model or animate.

It would have to be a central mechanic, rather than a substitute for stimpacks, and stamina/hunger would to run out fast enough to be a concern, not fast enough to be ridiculous. Bethesda is already incapable of balancing gameplay though, it will either be piss easy or unwinnable due to bugs. Of course, it's a Bethesda game, so everything will be piss easy or unwinnable due to bugs.

KingsGambit:
Alternately, maybe Fallout: Honolulu. It's got city, beach, jungle, volcano...

Hmmm...tribes wearing hula-skirts, coconut armor, laser ukuleles...yes this has my approval.

Slaanesh:

KingsGambit:
Alternately, maybe Fallout: Honolulu. It's got city, beach, jungle, volcano...

Hmmm...tribes wearing hula-skirts, coconut armor, laser ukuleles...yes this has my approval.

That's already mostly in the Honest Hearts DLC though, haha.

I want to see Fallout: Detroit, in which you navigate forlorn ruins in a desperate bid for survival. And then the war happens.

I think Cairo would be interesting

[\quote]But first, Fallout: Canada. An icy environment with killer moose.[/quote]

I'll take a copy of that. When will it be released? Also how much is this glorious product?

Another Fallout game that would be %23 metro tunnels... Nah, I'll pass, thanks.

As to where I think it should be set... I'm not sure. I'm all for keeping it in the U.S, and I'd preferably like it set apart from the others. Perhaps somewhere like South Dakota? Mt. Rushmore would be nice to see, maybe the heads could've been sculpted to resemble ghouls?

I would like to see a Fallout game set somewhere in a more tropical setting, such as Florida which I feel would be perfect.

Not only because I'm from Florida (gotta root for the home team lol) but it has a lot of diversity in terms of large cities and small towns, giving more variety to the game. Plus nothing would be creepier than traveling through the everglades swamps at night with cannibals and mutated crocs chasing you.

Also you could explore post war Disney World. How awesome would that be?

How about fallout: the wasteland, or basically anything that doesn't tie it to one city. Its fine if they have one in it, but I like the wasteland personally.

As much as I love Fallout 3, the grey interiors of Buildings get dull and stale after a while. So, No thanks. I'd prefer to see a Fallout game set in a completely different continent. Australia seems like the best choice for it, since the only REAL places we have huge towering buildings is within the Cities, and a few in major areas. There is a shit tonne of Wilderness here in Australia. Albeit, they will Mutate the spiders to be 50-Foot tall Monstrosities that make me piss myself.

MichiganMuscle77:
I want to see Fallout: Detroit, in which you navigate forlorn ruins in a desperate bid for survival. And then the war happens.

*rimshot*

Don't think anyone else got that.

SonOfVoorhees:

Actually, New York would rule. There's so much variation they can put into Manhattan alone. Broadway one big street of decadence. Wallstreet a hectic trading hub, maybe the new seat of power. A completely out of control Central Park; finally some greenery in Fallout! But also Queens and Harlem filled with raiders, and for once a properly fleshed out subway system.

Yes. I'd love to see Fallout New York.

Toxinthegreat:
I'd prefer to see a Fallout game set in a completely different continent.

Fallout is Fallout because of the Americana setting. Fallout's entire shtick is basically being a parody on the 1950's American culture. The McCarthyism, the ideal family, the American Dream, etc etc.

To anyone talking about Fallout L.A.: Fallout 1&2 both take place in Southern California so unless it took place pre-FO 1 it would be kinda just living in the NCR. Although the Pacific Northwest could be interesting.

KingsGambit:
No, please, not another post-apocalyptic New York. It's been done to death and then its decomposing corpse was done some more. Crysis 2, GTAIV, Planet of the Apes, Escape from New York, I Am Legend, Cloverfield, Legendary, Resistance 3 and more. Not to mention other things that aren't in a destroyed New York, like all the Spiderman games, Prototype and many more.

New York has been overused and is seriously tedious. Anything would be prefereable to New York, even a Fallout: Milton Keynes or a Fallout: Minsk. I would prefer to see another nations capital, like London, Paris, Rome, Moscow, Sydney/Melbourne (anyone says Canberra they get laughed at derisively), Athens (imagine the ancient greek ruins alongside the modern ruins!) or Tokyo.

My vote would be for London...Hellgate: London wasn't enough but does show what "could" be. Alternately, maybe Fallout: Honolulu. It's got city, beach, jungle, volcano....I mean they could even put more than one colour in the game when they design it!! Far Cry 3 I think showed that a modern game can actally have more than just grey or beige in it, maybe it can be the start of a tropical renaissance.

I pretty much agree that New York is done to death (although I sort of think the old-school Americana feel of the Fallout games is important, so keep it US). What's more, you wouldn't get a very well realised city. You won't be able to enter most buildings, it'll be a fraction of the size of what you're after... It's just too much to expect.

Besides, whilst listening to the fans is one thing, I don't like the idea of making big campaigns to get developers to do what you want. I'd rather they used their own vision and did what they actually wanted to do. If you want this game this badly, and you're willing to put that much effort into getting them to make it, make it your damn selves. I've seen some pretty expansive mods for Bethesda games, it's very possible (and also far more likely to happen).

I really do like the idea of a Hawaii based Fallout game though. Seems like a really interesting environment, they could do some really interesting things with the wildlife too.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked