The Mass Effect 3 Breakdown (spoilers)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Product Placement:
...you can kill Vega?

The run to the beam with a low EMS, no?

Also, the reason why he's so "popular" is simple. If I'm guessing how they calculated who your most popular team member is correctly, then it's based on who you choose to be by your side through the majority of the missions.

Yeah, I'd love to know if that's how they worked it out - it hardly seems like a meaningful stat considering the people who are missing for the first chunk of the game.

Also, you can't shoot Mordin, if he's already dead and for many, he was a notoriously fragile member in the suicide mission.

Yup, hence the reference to shooting Padok instead - he's only there for the cure if Mordin died in ME2.

I'm not surprised that the Soldier class in the most popular, even though I mostly play as an Adept.

The changes to the combat in 2 and 3 greatly pushed the balance in favour of the Solder, there was never a situation which the soldier wasn't equipped for.

I always felt I was moving forward with the Soldier class, constantly pressing the enemy. Switching weapons and ammo powers* as the situation required.

When playing as the Adept through, I started to feel that things were too repetitive. All too often you'd be stuck behind a chest high wall spamming biotic combos to slowly chip away at the shields of an enemy.

* that was a bad idea in itself but again makes the Soldier that much better.

the hidden eagle:

I Max95:

Shocksplicer:
27% of people saved the Quarians? That should probably read "27% of people weren't paying attention when it turned out that the Quarians were the bad guys in that conflict.".

oh, yeah, right, and i'm supposed to ignore the fact that the Geth allied themselves with the Reapers? you know, the ones who want to kill BILLIONS. the first time, it was just the heretics, this time, it was ALL Geth, apart from one.

was it stupid of the Quarians to start the war? yes, did the Geth have their reasons? sure, would I choose peace if I could? absolutely, but if I just didn't have the reputation nessesary, I choose Quarians every time

But don't forget the Geth were essentially brain dead with only basic survival instincts which made it easier for the reapers to take control of them, or are you suggesting humans are bad too since a huge fracton of them joined the reapers as well?

people still seem to think that the Geth are incapable of intelligent thought, but they are, the more of them are near each other the smarter they are, and the Reapers didn't "take control" the Geth relinquished control voluntarily, in order to get the Reaper upgrades and save themselves from the Quarians

also don't pretend indoctrination is the same thing, indoctrination is entirely involuntary, plus if we're talking about Cerberus, Cerberus is only a fraction of Humanity, the ENTIRE Geth race joined with the Reapers

Gizmo1990:
How did the people playing manshep stand it? His voice acting is soooooo bad next to femshep.

Also the 3.8 % of people who shot Mordin are dead inside.

And I think that the only reason that Vega is popular is because he has the most health out of all the team and he really helps on insanity. I hate the guy but he is a great bullet shield.

I play broshep all the time I don't like femsheps voice she sounds soooo dull like she is trying to be manly instead of a women plus I am male myself and can relate to men more than women maybe I'm not that in touch with my feminine side. Oh and anyone saying that you would rather look at a girls bum rather than a guys, 1: why are you looking at his bum when playing Mass? 2: it is over the shoulder cam not slapped on his ass.

the hidden eagle:

I Max95:

Shocksplicer:
27% of people saved the Quarians? That should probably read "27% of people weren't paying attention when it turned out that the Quarians were the bad guys in that conflict.".

oh, yeah, right, and i'm supposed to ignore the fact that the Geth allied themselves with the Reapers? you know, the ones who want to kill BILLIONS. the first time, it was just the heretics, this time, it was ALL Geth, apart from one.

was it stupid of the Quarians to start the war? yes, did the Geth have their reasons? sure, would I choose peace if I could? absolutely, but if I just didn't have the reputation nessesary, I choose Quarians every time

But don't forget the Geth were essentially brain dead with only basic survival instincts which made it easier for the reapers to take control of them, or are you suggesting humans are bad too since a huge fracton of them joined the reapers as well?

The Humans who joined the reapers were indoctrinated to a greater or lesser extent.

Professor Lupin Madblood:

Gizmo1990:
How did the people playing manshep stand it? His voice acting is soooooo bad next to femshep.

The best way I've heard it put is that while Mark Meer can be pretty brick-like in his recitations, he improves throughout the series. Compare some of his ME1 lines with some ME3 lines and you'll see the difference. Jennifer Hale, on the other hand, stays at about the same level of quality throughout the series. She's better in ME1, about the same overall in ME2, and worse in ME3.

Then again, I've only played through the series once, with MShep, so grains of salt and such.

OT:

I feel like I'm the only person who actually likes Kaiden, and apparently I am indeed part of the 1.5 per cent. Take that, plebs!

Surprised that Tali was so low on the popularity list, since so many people like her oh wait you have to play for twenty hours to even get to her and Legion goddammit.

Right there with you buddy I like like Kaiden to, he wares his heart on his sleeve.

I Max95:

the hidden eagle:

I Max95:

people still seem to think that the Geth are incapable of intelligent thought, but they are, the more of them are near each other the smarter they are, and the Reapers didn't "take control" the Geth relinquished control voluntarily, in order to get the Reaper upgrades and save themselves from the Quarians

also don't pretend indoctrination is the same thing, indoctrination is entirely involuntary, plus if we're talking about Cerberus, Cerberus is only a fraction of Humanity, the ENTIRE Geth race joined with the Reapers

But you forget the quarians started the attack when the entire galaxy was at stake,so if they had'nt attacked the geth then the reaper would'nt have had a chance to take control of them.I also think geth have their own form of indoctrination because all the reapers have to do is corrupt their run times and they can control the geth with ease.

thetoddo:

the hidden eagle:

I Max95:

The Humans who joined the reapers were indoctrinated to a greater or lesser extent.

And so were the geth the reapers can control them as well.

the hidden eagle:

I Max95:

the hidden eagle:

But you forget the quarians started the attack when the entire galaxy was at stake,so if they had'nt attacked the geth then the reaper would'nt have had a chance to take control of them.I also think geth have their own form of indoctrination because all the reapers have to do is corrupt their run times and they can control the geth with ease.

the Quarians were idiots for starting the war, but at least they didn't join forces with the REAPERS, they made it clear that the Geth joined the Reapers by choice.

i'm done trying to explain beyond that, and i'm surprised more people aren't convinced by that alone, I will NEVER favor a synthetic species that joined forces with the enemy of ALL organics, over an organic species that maybe made a few idiotic mistakes

LetalisK:
Ha! Take that Talimancers, she only lived 39% of the time! >:)

The survival rate in combat has to do with how durable their abilities are. Not how useful.

Immortal_Engines:

Shocksplicer:

Aside from the robots who have been shooting at you for three games, and jumped into bed with the main antagonists at the first sign of trouble?

Sarcasm aside, the only reason the Quarians were the 'bad guys' was because Bioware beat the player so hard with the Geth sympathy stick that they could be sued for assault.

In fairness, the Geth were never an omnicidal machine race as they never once went beyond the Veil until the Space Cuttlefish appeared. Given how fast a Von Nuemann scenario occurs, there is no way that the geth wouldn't have been able to take out the rest of the galaxy with three hundred years to prepare if they were inclined in that direction.

soren7550:

floppylobster:
- Did not cure the Genophage.
- Hated Wrex but I met him.
- I can't remember but I think I might have shot Mordin. He was all right but I just hated the Krogan so much I didn't want them saved. I might have let him go up and get killed himself. All I remember is there was no way I was letting the cure be released by me.
- Infiltrator, Paragon.

How could you *not* like Wrex? Or the krogan? And you kill a guy you like in order to condemn an entire race to extinction? And you call yourself a paragon.

Well I didn't consider myself much of a paragon. But the game did. Wrex was very one-dimensional, no depth, no internal struggles, nothing much to him but his outward conflict with others, and no appreciation of anything beyond his own world. His character type had been done before with Klingons, Dothraki or any other 'warrior race' based on the Spartans. He ended up just reminding me of a sports jock. If it's any consolation I also hated the Quarians and strongly disliked the Asari. I did like the Volus.

ravenshrike:

LetalisK:
Ha! Take that Talimancers, she only lived 39% of the time! >:)

The survival rate in combat has to do with how durable their abilities are. Not how useful.

That survival rate can't be about durability in combat - Kaidan's at the bottom of the list and he's all but unkillable on the lower difficulities with that Barrier skill (and only a tiny handful play at Insanity), and we know that he's dead in close to 80% of imports, so that's the only way it makes sense.

And 39% makes sense for story deaths for Tali too. She was one of the few in ME2 (along with Mordin) who would regularly die on the SM even when loyal, and that's without mentioning how easy it is to have her kill herself in the actual game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked