What game do you think should be a TV Show/Film?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I was watching the No Right Answer that follows this topic, but then I thought there were so many others besides the ones that were chosen. So, which game(s) do you think should be a show or a film?
I personally think the game The Cat Lady would be a great film - it was a marvelous game and I'd love to see it as a horror movie.

I think that a Halo TV mini-series, set during the same time frame as ODST, centered around some civilians fighting and surviving would be interesting. Make it so the entire thing is one of the survivors filming it, kinda like a much more serious version of what Andrew in the Buffy episode "Storyteller" was doing.

I like to think most JRPG's can be made to TV shows. There's already a lot of dialogue in them and plenty of action sequences.

Specifically, I would not mind seeing a Final Fantasy IX anime. That would be the bee's knees. So long as it doesn't end up like the Valkyria Chronicles anime.

blech

I always thought that Planescape: Torment could be a fantastic TV series. There's so many charismatic and intriguing characters and landscapes, as well as a very worthy plot.

My friend ad I would like to see a short mini-series/OVA series base around Nocturne.Mainly for the atmosphere an some really cool fight scenes.

Also I know it's getting a movie but I'd love to see a P3 anime in the style of P4:The animation. If for nothing else to bury that abysmal trinity souls even farther from public memory.

Shadow of the Colossus would be fun for it's atmosphere and epic battles.

Easy, Super Smash Bros. It's a reality show where they all have to live in a house together and fight every week loser gets kicked off

EVE Online. The C-SPAN of the gaming TV world.

I can't wait to see the Metal Gear Solid movie. It is one of the few games I would say can properly shift without being too different.

Metal Gear solid, and maybe Odin Sphere, not much would really need to be done to either of them. But i've never really been keen on conversions to TV and movies from games and comics, there are just so few that have been done well.

Sort of done in a way but Assassin's Creed would make a great tv series, you could have multiple protagonists over different timelines with it all fitting into some schmuck from the future :D

I'd actually love an Assassin's Creed TV show where every episode is all about gathering information and planning an assassination of a target that happens at the end of the hour, with the season finale being the main target taken out for good. Then, every new season takes place in a different time period. Could be fun.

Warhammer 40K, I know not really a video game but has had a few made about it. I think the universe has enough intrigue. Also lots of built in story lines with the Chaos and such. I think it would make a very interesting show.

Kingdom Hearts would make for some good TV. Each episode or two could be a different Disney world, working through the original storyline, or possibly with an original story. It's practically made to be a serial!

Though I've never played it myself, God Hand sounds like it would make a really good action comedy.

Any of the Tales of games would probably make a great series of movies. They're stories are very cinematic.

Chibi-Robo would be a sweet family friendly show, each episode having Chibi work through the family's and toy's issues.

An obvious call would be the Ace Attorney games. Each season would correspond to the different games. Have a second series for the Professor Layton, having the series finale of both be Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney.

New Vegas could be a good mini-series, if done right. In my view it could be worth watching if every episode had multiple story lines, following both the PC on a certain path (would have to be set) and one or more of the followers. Some episodes could revolve around the PC meeting/teaming up with one of them. There is already some backstory on the followers in-game, so that could be fleshed out for the story's sake. Combined with other interesting characters and the political landscape, it could make for a good watch.

-Assassin's Creed, provided it focuses on the MODERN day assassins network & their struggles against the Templars in order to save the world. Ditch Desmond & create a new character for this one, preferably with plenty of personality. Have plenty of hand to hand fighting sequences & even some infiltration segments, along with some out of the world (Apple of Eden moments) shit. Being honest, I've always wondered about the assassins in the modern era, especially with the Templars dedicating resources to eliminating them.

-Metal Gear Solid, if we work from the time of Solid Snake's death but before the incidents of Rising, concerning the world post Patriots & the rebuilding while battling nanomachine withdrawal & other things. Or we could create an alternate storyline a la Metal Gear Philanthropy for the series that focuses on Snake's hunt & destroying of Metal Gears around the world before the incidents of Sons of Liberty.

-Army of Two, provided it stays with big guns, big personalities, and plenty of humor. Sort of like Deadpool in a L.A. shootout. Have big moments like sieges of cities, protections gone wrong, hostage rescues, etc. Get good actors who can keep up the bro dynamic & keep it serious throughout, and of course, plenty of overly customized weapons. This might require a serious budget tho.

-Killzone. Make both sides sympathetic, seeing how they both had their reasons as to their actions. Provide a good variety of environments that reflect the Helghan planet's lands with plenty of intense battles. The stories could deal with those who come to sympathize with the Helghan's cause & deserters to them.

easy to say which movie SHOULD have a live action/cartoon adaptation, but the hard part is knowing will it be good.... so i say just leave games as games, cos in the end they might not live up to the fan bases expectations

I think a properly funded Slenderman movie could blow the endless paranormal activity sequels out of the water. Just look at Marble Hornets. The story is already so rich, you would have to be M.Night to mess it up. I imagine it would be cheap to produce as well.

How has nobody said smash tv?

UncleUlty:
My friend ad I would like to see a short mini-series/OVA series base around Nocturne.Mainly for the atmosphere an some really cool fight scenes.

Also I know it's getting a movie but I'd love to see a P3 anime in the style of P4:The animation. If for nothing else to bury that abysmal trinity souls even farther from public memory.

Actually, Persona 3 is gonna be a movie series, not just one rushed movie, it will most likely be spread out to 4 movies, for each season (Spring of Birth hints that it will take place in Spring, the games starting season)

I also agree on Nocturne, but it would be hard to pull off with all the endings (although I would love to see the True Demon ending in anime form)

scorptatious:
I like to think most JRPG's can be made to TV shows. There's already a lot of dialogue in them and plenty of action sequences.

Specifically, I would not mind seeing a Final Fantasy IX anime. That would be the bee's knees. So long as it doesn't end up like the Valkyria Chronicles anime.

blech

I agree with a Final Fantasy IX anime, it would allow them to flesh out characters like Amarant more!

vector_zero:
Warhammer 40K, I know not really a video game but has had a few made about it. I think the universe has enough intrigue. Also lots of built in story lines with the Chaos and such. I think it would make a very interesting show.

Yeah, but finding actors to play the Space Marines will be quite a challenge.

That, or they could go with CGI(which would make them look weird)

jollybarracuda:
I'd actually love an Assassin's Creed TV show where every episode is all about gathering information and planning an assassination of a target that happens at the end of the hour, with the season finale being the main target taken out for good. Then, every new season takes place in a different time period. Could be fun.

^ I can imagine this as an actual show; the locales already exist and they don't have to do the Game of Thrones thing where they re-create existing cities into fantasy ones.

That, and it could be easily made on a small budget.

I'd take a Pixar style animated film for Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper. I think it would be easier pulled off than most live action adoptions.

Mass Effect 2 definitely had an episodic structure reminiscent of TV shows, so there is my answer.

TizzytheTormentor:
snip

Oh, cool I didn't realize that, awesome. But I' like to see Nocturne take the Clue approach to endings of "This is how it could have happened".

Soxafloppin:
I'd take a Pixar style animated film for Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Sly Cooper. I think it would be easier pulled off than most live action adoptions.

I would wholeheartedly support this, especially Ratchet & Clank as an animated TV show. There'd be plenty for the kids & the grown folks alike.

The penny arcade games could be interesting, with a lovecraftian horror of the week setup. The just cause games could be an interesting series, and #2 would make a great movie. Also, a TF2 movie would be AMAZING to see done(if it was done well).

Breath of Fire. Although I'd prefer they just make another game. Get Camelot Software(developers of Golden Sun)to do it, if Capcom is not interested.

jollybarracuda:

The short film Assassin's Creed: Lineage that was released alongside AC2 also seems like an episode for an Assassin's Creed TV Show. You could get the actors in the games to reprise their roles too, seeing how they used their likenesses in the game.

I also think a Red Dead Redemption movie would be awesome, or in fact, three movies. You could have the first one go up until Irish and John reach Mexico, with the second movie's opening credits featuring John riding through a rainstorm while Far Away is playing. The third film would start with John going up north and ending with the duel on the riverbank, with Deadman's Gun playing during the credits. I would definitely watch that movie, and it would be even more awesome if it has this cast.

http://www.gamesradar.com/never-mind-brad-pitt-weve-got-the-whole-perfect-cast-for-a-red-dead-redemption-movie/

Though I do believe Josh Brolin would be a better John Marston.

I'd love to see a tv show set in the Mass Effect universe (either following the games plot, or seperate like S.H.I.E.L.D is going to be from the main Marvel movies) but i dont see it happening, even if there wasn't a potential movie on the way. I just think it would be too expensive, due to it needing a lot of special effects and the make-up/costumes for all the aliens. However i can dream, there's definitly enough history and diversity in that galaxy to make a long running show.

Mass Effect is heavily inspired by shows like Star Trek, and the mission based structure already makes it seem like a TV show. So it's an obvious choice. Another one would be Assassin's Creed.

But how about a crime drama. San Andreas. Think about it.

vector_zero:

Akichi Daikashima:

Haven't they done one already??

*checks* Yep, they have...

Dumb thing being, still haven't seen it... _

The Scollard:
The short film Assassin's Creed: Lineage that was released alongside AC2 also seems like an episode for an Assassin's Creed TV Show. You could get the actors in the games to reprise their roles too, seeing how they used their likenesses in the game.

Thanks for the tubevid, think I'll actually watch it now. I've watched Embers and I think AC would be better as a cartoon, but not a CGI one, a cel drawn one. *shrug* Maybe it's the way I'm imagining it, it just looks better drawn as opposed to rendered...

Also, I'd like to see films of Deus Ex & HR...

I'd like to see Ratchet and Clank as an anime show.

Think Samurai Pizza Cats, but in the R&C universe.

SckizoBoy:

vector_zero:

Akichi Daikashima:

Haven't they done one already??

*checks* Yep, they have...

Dumb thing being, still haven't seen it... _

The Scollard:

Thanks for the tubevid, think I'll actually watch it now. I've watched Embers and I think AC would be better as a cartoon, but not a CGI one, a cel drawn one. *shrug* Maybe it's the way I'm imagining it, it just looks better drawn as opposed to rendered...

Also, I'd like to see films of Deus Ex & HR...

Well yes they made a movie. But I was thinking full blown TV show. The Warhammer universe has tons of chances for good action, drama, plot twists and the like. That movie is actually case and point in a sense. Won't say anything to avoid spoilers though.

Saints Row 3, it could be in the vein of Repo, Breaking Bad or Dexter.

Maybe a good Hitman? What about a good Tomb Raider? Perhaps a good Bloodrayne... In all seriousness er, Fallout, maybe a series. I don't even care if the story's crap and the characters bland, I just like the aesthetic for the whole thing.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here