Hitman Absolution some questions...

So I saw that it's on sale for $10 on Steam and was wondering...

1. Is the PC Port done well?

2. On the hardest difficulty, how is the stealth aspect? Can you go through a level never shooting once?

3. Is there quick save and such?

4. Is there a pacifist option?

5. Are the levels large or linear?

Lastly...

6. Does the whole Contracts mode add replay value?

I can only answer 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

2. It's about as stealthy as any Hitman title.
3. Nope, just checkpoints that work only in that play session.
4. He's a Hitman, so you have to kill targets but there are penalties for killing anybody else. You don't have to shoot, except during the tutorial bit.
5. Each chapter is made up of several levels that are about a decent size.
6. I think so, yeah.

Korten12:
snip

1. Yes. Expertly done by the good people at Nixxes. For future reference, if you wonder if a game has a good PC port, just look for the Nixxes logo.

2. I wouldn't touch the highest difficulty level with a ten foot pole because it's ridiculous. However, on a reasonable difficulty you don't need and are in fact encouraged to not only avoid shooting, but to avoid killing full stop. There are only two instances where you are forced to shoot: The "tutorial", and a small level that takes place in a gun store where you do some target practice.

3. No and it's my biggest complaint about the game. Also gone are the old "x saves per mission depending on difficulty". Now you get an autosave between areas and that's it. The activatable checkpoints are a complete joke.

4. Yes, but not for your targets (you're an assassin after all). As the game itself tells you, the true mark of the Silent Assassin is to leave the world immaculate and untouched in every way except for your target(s).

5. Mixed. The larger and more open levels are often subdivided into segments. Honestly, apart from some levels in Chicago, I thought they were open enough.

6. Wouldn't know...

Korten12:
So I saw that it's on sale for $10 on Steam and was wondering...

1. Is the PC Port done well?

2. On the hardest difficulty, how is the stealth aspect? Can you go through a level never shooting once?

3. Is there quick save and such?

4. Is there a pacifist option?

5. Are the levels large or linear?

Lastly...

6. Does the whole Contracts mode add replay value?

1. Very well done.

2. The harder difficulty isn't well designed at all. You're not able to use instinct, but many of the levels are just unbeatable without it, because you have to go past a guard or something and without instinct, you'll get caught no matter what.

3. No. Just checkpoints. It doesn't use the old Hitman save system.

4. Kind of.

5. Some levels are large and open ala the old Hitman games, but it's really not like the old open style Hitman games. They're broken up into sections, and you can only kill guys in the way the devs envisioned to do it. So for instance, you can only plant a bomb in one part of a map instead of being able to plant it on just about anything.

6. Contracts was easily the best addition to the series found within this game, although given the limited nature of most of the maps, you probably will give up on contracts mode after a while.

Really, the game is just Splinter Cell with agent 47. If you're wanting an old school Hitman game, don't bother with it. It's not a bad game or anything like that, but it just isn't Hitman.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked