Need help with a computer game, Endless Space

Well...this is pretty embarassing. Today a game called Endless Space was on sale on Steam and at the urging of my friend I bought it. Thing is, the game is too big for the screen of my mac laptop, it gets clipped out. I tried to go into options and saw that it was indeed in full screen, but I can't take it out of full screen because the option to confirm gets clipped off by the screen.

So...yeah I kinda need some help.

EDIT: Apparently I need to change the resultion to a higher number, I checked another game and there's a resultion that works with my computer, but I just can't reach the confirm button. What do I do?

EDIT 2. HA! Got it. Thanks for the help.

Not sure exactly how it is on a mac, or where it's located, but on a PC there's a file called "Registry.xml" that holds the settings inbetween sessions. Change the resolution in that file, and you should be set.

(For reference, mine was in users/documents/endless space)

Xeorm:
Not sure exactly how it is on a mac, or where it's located, but on a PC there's a file called "Registry.xml" that holds the settings inbetween sessions. Change the resolution in that file, and you should be set.

(For reference, mine was in users/documents/endless space)

I seem to be having trouble finding that file

EDIT: Ok, I found the file but I can't find the bit of it I need to edit.

Maybe you can connect the laptop to a high resolution tv or monitor and do it on that.

Bad Jim:
Maybe you can connect the laptop to a high resolution tv or monitor and do it on that.

I'm completely retarted when it comes to computers. I mean come on, I looked through the file three times and I couldn't find the video section where I'm supposed to edit the resolution...this is infuriating. I really am hopeless.

Here's what I have in my file. Bolded section is the line you need to change. If the video part isn't there, try copy/pasting the entire section with your preferred resolution. Make sure to backup the file beforehand though.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked