13.2% (62)
13.2% (62)
The bird.
86.4% (406)
86.4% (406)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Bioshock Infinite: The Cage or the Bird? [SPOILERS]

Pages 1 2 NEXT

A simple question. Which did you choose?

Related to this choice, something I noticed about the ending that threw me a bit:

I'm interested to see if others shared my experience.

Bird.

Symbol of freedom over symbol of entrapment. Symbol of her only friend over symbol of her prison. Symbol of her future over a symbol of her past. Seemed like an obvious choice to me.

Besides, birds are pretty. Cages not so much. Unless it's a gilded cage I suppose, but those are generally still considered to be bad things.

Bird, I guessed that Elizabeth liked songbird, mentioned it was her only friend and I saw the cage as the negative "cage the bird" option.

Course, I spent all of 1 second deciding so maybe I'm not the best indicator.

I like birds more than cages naturally - I chose the bird

Legion:

The first time I chose the bird, because of the whole "breaking free" thing. Then I figured out maybe an hour later that it won't change anything but Elizabeth's model.

For my next playthrough I chose the cage because why not.

itsthesheppy:

Legion:

I know, that's what I did on my first play through, I was referring to my second.

Th3Ch33s3Cak3:
I rejected those answers. I chose something diffrent. I chose the impossible. I chose... the bird in a cage.

Where the cage not fear the flightless, where the bird not fear the metal. And with the birds in your cages, it can be your pendant too.

I chuckled more than I probably should have.

OT:
I chose the bird for same reasons as Zhukov and I assume a lot of other people.

as for:

itsthesheppy:
-snip-
Related to this choice, something I noticed about the ending that threw me a bit:

Legion:

Cage, also the bandage disappears at the end and i still have no idea why. In game anyway the out of character reason is most likely so that people who haven't seen the brand for however many hours won't forget it's there.

Just saying that choosing one or the other doesn't change things.. Not from what I've seen anyway. I chose bird because I wanted Elizabeth to be free, and I was going to help her achieve her freedom.

itsthesheppy:
A simple question. Which did you choose?

I'm interested to see if others shared my experience.

Just wanted to answer your question.

How do you know?

SidheKnight:

How do you know?

I picked the bird, a symbol of freedom.

The bird was prettier, but I picked the cage. The best way to appreciate freedom is to never forget the alternatives.

Also, the previews implied that Elizabeth would be torn between Songbird and Dewitt. That influenced my decision more than a little. Shame that conflict didn't really materialize...

I thought she was asking which pendant I wanted, so I picked the cage because it had a nice symmetrical design. Second time around I'm doing the bird, of course.

Although the choices in this game have no actual meaning as you will come to understand in the end, I chose Bird because I felt it was most appropriate at the current time.

I watched my sister play the game (who was the third person I've seen play it) and we both chose the bird.
I said to her
"You, like Forrest [another friend I've seen play the game] before you and myself before him. We all chose the bird because the bird represents..."
"Freedom." she said.
"That's exactly what Forrest said and exactly what I thought when I made that decision."

I guess I'll chuck up a

...spoilers.

Funny, the Decoy will have a bandage no matter what. I was hoping the choices would have some effect other then what the two be wearing.

Reevesith:
Funny, the Decoy will have a bandage no matter what. I was hoping the choices would have some effect other then what the two be wearing.

I never had a bandage at all the entire game. I drew first.

I totally chose the cage because Robert had the satisfaction of always being right when they flipped the coin on heads that first time you meet them. So since Robert was offering the bird and Rosalind the cage, I sided with her.

To be honest, the choice reminded me a bit of this:

In the end, I am not sure if the inconsistency towards the end is actually a hint at action behind the scenes, or if it is just a fluke, an error, a genuine mistake or a tiny little excuse for the content that, alas, didn't make it in after all.

To my - current - best knowledge, the choice of necklace had no actual impact on the game beyond the Joakim Morgren hand. Besides, there are hints at the bird and the cage pretty much being the same thing anyway...

OT: The bird, as I don't like cages. Turns out I also but partially liked the bird. If the bird is out of the cage, does not the bird become a mobile form of a cage, protecting, but also limiting things quite harshly? In the end, of course, it's not a proper, pure asshole bird, but a useful tool of mass destruction.

Still, it feels like an über Big Daddy, still got sparkles of that old scare, but plain being too powerful to be any fun. Is the bird not just the illusion of freedom? Did Levine and friends feel too oppressed by the Big Daddies? Did the Big Sister thing turn out to be a major turn off for them? Did they want to just tear it all down?

Like a lot of other peeps, I chose the bird. Freedom and whatnot.

I'd love to hear that Irrational is using Steam to keep some track of the metrics involved. It'd be cool if we had a little infographic of the total percentages a year from now.

I chose the cage. Elizabeth called the bird beautiful but said that there was something special about the Cage. I chose it from that, as well as a reminder of where she had come from.

kman123:
I guess I'll chuck up a

...spoilers.

Exactly! I knew even on the first playthrough that there was a catch, but chose the bird regardless. On second playthrough I took the cage, because the symbolism is pretty much reversed in this game. Nice touch, imo.

Wow. Bird seemed like the obvious choice for a lot of people. I wonder if there's some significance to the choice that we're missing. I wouldn't put it past Levine to put some really deep stuff into the design of the game that is affected by the choice.

I'm positive, though, that

Having played through the game twice now and making the opposite decisions, I can reveal that they are all cosmetic or effect the game in almost no real way.

EDIT

I just remembered, there will be DLC coming latter, so maybe there is more to the choices you make. However as of now that's all the difference they make to the game.

I chose the cage because I felt like the game expected me to choose the bird, and I felt like being contrary.

TheCommanders:
I chose the cage because I felt like the game expected me to choose the bird, and I felt like being contrary.

Exactly my reasoning. I tried to justify it afterwards with some convoluted pseudo-intellectual bullshit, but in reality, my hipster drive kicked in.

Obviously the games wants me to pick the bird because it represents freedom, so I did the exact opposite to spite the developers. Take that, talented individuals that provided me one of the best gaming experiences of my life! Hah!

I chose the cage, I wanted to see Elizabeth take it as a badge of honour and a symbol of how she used her confinement as a point of strength. Almost like "you locked me up but you didn't break me, you made me stronger".

I picked Cage, because the last bird I saw was trying to hold her captive. That's the only way I could justify it. I spent a couple of minutes going over the decision in my head, and just ended up being more intrigued by the cage, as a whole.

I just went with the Cage 'cause I thought it looked pretty. DEEP THOUGHTFUL GUY OVER HERE.

I went with the bird because to me it represented freedom. Of course, thinking about it now, a bird was something that was keeping Elizabeth captive. :/

Bird... but just because my twisted german mind thought about beeing "vogelfrei"...

Vogelfrei in German usage denotes the status of a person on whom a legal penalty of outlawry has been imposed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogelfrei

I played a couple times - the only difference I notice is in the infinite (the broche keeps changing) As with all Bioshock games, choices end in mostly minor changes. I still flinched every time Booker hit that push button (chose to wait the first time)

Also, in retrospect, this was all a massive rick roll, was it not?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked